move 3: U-turn
move 4: Flare Blitz / Heavy Slam
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Orichalcum Pulse
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
tera type: Fire / Fighting / Steel

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Koraidon's high Speed boosted by a Choice Scarf makes it a great revenge killer and pivot.
  • Dragon Claw provides a secondary STAB option, while Flare Blitz takes advantage of Koraidon's sun and hits Steel-types hard, especially when boosted by Tera Fire.
  • U-turn can gain a large amount of momentum thanks to the switches Koraidon naturally forces.
  • Tera Fighting allows Koraidon's Fighting-type STAB to clean up weakened teams and lets Koraidon take some Ice-type attacks.
  • Tera Steel gives Koraidon useful resistances to Ice- and Fairy-type attacks and boosts the power of Heavy Slam, which does massive damage to Scream Tail and Dachsbun.
  • Stronger STAB options in Close Combat and Outrage can be run, with Outrage notably having a decent shot to 2HKO Skeledirge, although both moves come with significant risks.
  • Koraidon pairs extremely well with strong wallbreakers such as Chi-Yu and Choice Band Chien-Pao, which can take advantage of common switch-ins to Koraidon such as Skeledirge and Scream Tail. Chi-Yu is especially noteworthy, as its Fire-type moves become massively powerful under the sun.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Manaphy, 50695]]
- Quality checked by: [[Trade, 213053], [Lasen, 273339]]
- Grammar checked by: [[autumn, 384270]]

Last edited:

Eledyr

Le vilain petit Wooloo
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
Translations Leader
AMQC:
I'd mention Tera Fire, defensively you resist Ice- and Fairy-types (especially relevant vs. Chien-Pao, Iron Bundle and Flutter Mane, as they are likely to try to revenge kill you with these STABs attacks) and the STAB gained on Flare Blitz basically 2HKOes or OHKOes everything that is not named Dachbun or Dondozo. The SR weakness combined with Flare Blitz recoil are a real problem though, so it's definitely not a 1st slash.

Last edited:
AMQC:
Tera Fire is, as mentioned by Eledyr, an excellent defensive and offensive option. Since you typically end up using it towards the end of the game anyway (usually to clean or to avoid the OHKO from Flutter Mane's Moonblast). You can also consider Fairy as a way to defend yourself against opposing Dragon Claw Koraidons, Dragon Pulse/Draco Meteor Miraidons (under Webs/Scarf/to last 2 turns against slower Miraidons), while also living Moonblast from Flutter Mane as mentioned. The option is still worse than Fighting and Fire though.

As bad as Outrage may sound on a Choiced mon, it can still be considered on the set to 2HKO Skeledirge alongside doing more damage to Pelipper. Typically, the things you want to use Dragon Claw on anyway are going to be things that can be dealt with by the Fighting STAB.

252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Koraidon Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skeledirge: 102-120 (48.3 - 56.8%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO (88.30% chance to 2HKO after accuracy)

This alongside Tera Fire is a valid option to avoid burns. And Close Combat over Collision might also be a secondary slash as 20BP is still substantial with STAB and Tera Fighting, despite weakening itself to revenge killing.

252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Tera Fighting Koraidon Close Combat vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Miraidon: 188-222 (107.4 - 126.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO (100.00% after accuracy)

252 Atk Orichalcum Pulse Tera Fighting Koraidon Collision Course vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Miraidon: 158-186 (90.2 - 106.2%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO (37.5% chance to OHKO after accuracy)

Just a baseline calc, but it gives it just a bit more power to close out games.

Last edited:

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
  • add periods to the end of your sentences GEEEZ
  • remove 2nd bullet point that shit is dex info
  • Wild Charge is DONG, Pelipper isn't seen enough imo to warrant a slot
  • It's U-turn not U-Turn
  • On Heavy Slam I'd bring up foes that have Terastallized into Fairy; stuff like Miraidon/Skeledirge come to mind are PRIME targets. Add Flutter Mane to things it targets
  • remove the "common" switchin part; Scream Tail is not good and it's definitely not common
  • add tera steel cause it removes like 3 of your weaknesses and makes you check Bundle
here, I added the tags for you:
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Looks very accurate, but I found two things that I think need a correction.

First thing is that tera Fire should be first slash. I am aware Eledyr commented regarding this but I must say I disagree. Tera Fighting is ok, but definitely not the primary option, tera Fire is not only better offensively to boost your Flare Blitz to crazy levels of power, but unlike with tera Fight you gain new defensive utility which allows you to resist Moonblast and Ice Beam.

I think we just want to find an excuse to use the signature move outside the SD Flame Charge set since the move is literally the same as Headlong Rush vs EQ (and we know which one is miles better). CC should be first slash because it's not like the defense lowering is gonna leave you super susceptible to revenge killing attempts since you outspeed everything that you're hitting with CC (tbf everything with a speed advantage is OHKOing anyway) and most of the time you're hitting that Fighting move and switching because Flutter Mane is coming in to abuse you being locked into the move. Like if you're trying to whittle down that Great Tusk or Dozo the opponent has, you'll have much better luck breaking them down with CC than with weak ass Collision Course. I mean ig Collision Course can be 2nd slash but it's literally just worse CC don't use it.

QC 2/2 when implemented.

Last edited:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
implemented both of the above checks (even though this was already QC 2/2 lol), should be GP ready!
GP Team

amcheck implement what you want
add remove
(AC) = add comma

[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Collision Course / Close Combat
move 2: Dragon Claw / Flare Blitz / Outrage

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Base 135 Speed boosted by a Choice Scarf makes Koraidon a great revenge killer and pivot.
  • Dragon Claw provides a secondary STAB option, while Flare Blitz takes advantage of Koraidon's sun Sun and hits Steel-types hard, especially when boosted by Tera Fire.
  • U-turn can gain a large amount of momentum thanks to the switches Koraidon naturally forces.
  • Tera Fighting allows Koraidon's your Fighting-type STAB move to clean up weakened teams, and lets Koraidon take some Ice-type attacks.
  • Tera Steel gives useful resistances to Ice- and Fairy-type attacks, (AC) boosts the power of Heavy Slam, and heavily damages and boosts the power of Heavy Slam, which does massive damage to Scream Tail and Dachsbun.
  • Stronger STAB options in Close Combat and Outrage can be run, with Outrage notably having a decent shot to 2HKO Skeledirge, although both moves come with significant risks.
  • Koraidon pairs extremely well with strong wallbreakers such as Chi-Yu or Choice Band Chien-Pao, (AC) which who can take advantage of common switch-ins to Koraidon such as Skeledirge and Scream Tail. Chi-Yu is especially noteworthy, (AC) as its it's Fire-type moves become massively powerful under the sun.
[CREDITS]

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
im stamping the above with some chages for gp 1/1, my colours are add remove comments
[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Collision Course / Close Combat
move 2: Dragon Claw / Flare Blitz / Outrage

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Base 135 Koraidon's high Speed boosted by a Choice Scarf makes Koraidon it a great revenge killer and pivot. (changed this to remove the dex info of the stat and changing it to say something more descriptive)
  • Dragon Claw provides a secondary STAB option, while Flare Blitz takes advantage of Koraidon's sun Sun and hits Steel-types hard, especially when boosted by Tera Fire.
  • U-turn can gain a large amount of momentum thanks to the switches Koraidon naturally forces. (maybe give some examples of what it forces out?)
  • Tera Fighting allows Koraidon's your Fighting-type STAB move to clean up weakened teams (RC) and lets Koraidon take some Ice-type attacks.
  • Tera Steel gives Koraidon useful resistances to Ice- and Fairy-type attacks and boosts the power of Heavy Slam, which does massive damage to Scream Tail and Dachsbun.
  • Koraidon pairs extremely well with strong wallbreakers such as Chi-Yu or and Choice Band Chien-Pao, (AC) which who can take advantage of common switch-ins to Koraidon such as Skeledirge and Scream Tail. Chi-Yu is especially noteworthy, (AC) as its it's Fire-type moves become massively powerful under the sun.
[CREDITS]
GP Team done

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
  • Wild Charge is DONG, Pelipper isn't seen enough imo to warrant a slot
Wild Charge is IMO an often reliable midground, which gets boosted by omnipresent Electric Terrain, and the 1/4 recoil can sometimes matter vs 1/3 from Flare Blitz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)