move 3: Fire Blast
move 4: Dark Pulse
item: Choice Specs
ability: Beads of Ruin
nature: Modest / Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 Spa / 252 Spe
tera type: Fire

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Overheat hits extremely hard and can 2HKO even the bulkiest of Pokemon. Fire Blast and Flamethrower can be used to KO foes without Chi-Yu suffering a Special Attack drop, with Flamethrower having perfect accuracy.
  • The only reason to run Timid over Modest is to outspeed Jolly Great Tusk, Jolly Annihilape, and fast Iron Treads with Special Defense investment.
  • Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to turn 2HKOs to OHKOs, for example OHKOing opposing Chi-Yu with Overheat. Tera Fire also lets it 2HKO any prominent special wall, including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu, OHKOing them with sun.
  • Choice Specs Chi-Yu is a wallbreaker, suited best for offensive teams. Koraidon is an excellent teammate because it sets sun and pivots Chi-Yu in with U-turn. Koraidon and Chi-Yu also threaten each other's checks, like Koraidon threatening and Chi-Yu threatening
  • Helpful teammates are those that can get Chi-Yu in safely and force out its few checks. Corviknight and Koraidon are noteworthy examples, pivoting into special walls such as Ting-Lu. Lures such as Heavy Slam Koraidon and Great Tusk, which beat , and Psyshock Flutter Mane, which beats, are also appreciated teammates.
[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ILoveMashing, 537354]]
- Quality checked by: [[Manaphy, 50695], [Fc, 511624]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lunaflare, 430518], [Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited by a moderator:

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
It may seem like I'm being extremely picky about the small fire move details here but I think they matter for this type of mon.

Fire Blast is a must IMO, so good job for including it!

I think Overheat is pretty overrated and I'm not comfortable having it as move 1 as a result. The extra power can occasionally come in handy for securing a KO on stuff like Miraidon harding in, but 99% of the time Fire Blast nails the same KOs, such as on Koraidon majority of the time.

You might be saying "well Manaphy Overheat has 5 more accuracy and more power!" but the problem is the special attack drop afterwords! You are losing the spam power of Fire Blast/Flamethrower and are leaving yourself in a position for a mon to come in and set-up.

An example would be SD Flame Charge Korai feeling comfortable setting up when you lose the SpAtk from Overheat; a Chi-Yu using Fire Blast could go for the read and KO in that instance, where Overheat would be forced to switch out always.

my move order would be like this:
move 1: Flamethrower
move 2: Overheat
move 3: Fire Blas
move 4: Dark Pulse (don't even both with tera blast or psychic shenanigans imo)

on the rest of the analysis, it looks good mostly, some changes here:

Another option is to run a coverege move over Fire Blast such as Psychic to hit the Illusive Dachsbun or to severely threaten a Clodsire, or if you run a different Tera Type you can use Tera Blast Acordingly to hit hard its most common checks
remove this

Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to turn the 2HKOs to OHKOs, this with the help of Sun set by its favorite partner Koraidon, every single Pokemon is in KO range even the bulkist Specially Defensive Walls. The other Tera Types only exist to be used with Tera Blast to hit its most common answers, though Tera Fire is strong enough to threaten them on its own
Remove the underline and replace with an example of what tera fire helps you KO (if you can't think of a good calc, just say it helps Chi-Yu break if sun doesn't happen to be up

• Choice Specs Chi-Yu is a wallbreaker, suited best in Offensive structures that love its breaking capabilities. Specially if said teams have Koraidon as a Sun Setter since they both eliminate eachothers checks
  • Pokemon that can help Chi-Yu are lures to its few checks to let it stomp the opposing team. It's best partner being Koraidon since it sets up the Sun and allows easy access to Chi-Yu with U-turn, other good partners are more special attackers that benefit from the special walls being neutered by Chi-Yu; such as, Miraidon, Iron Bundle, Flutter Mane , among others.
A bit wordy, I would condense this down IMO. U-Turn Koraidon is definitely a key mention to make, especially as stuff like Skele and Scream Tail naturally despise Chi-Yu
I would remove those special attacker mentions for sure though (Bundle and Chi-Yu together? Kinda strange no?)

Will stamp after changes

First thing is that I'd add that timid is also for Annihilape. Another is that I'd specify for which offensive builds which set fits best; Scarf primarily for HO, 50/50 for regular offense and Specs primarily for BO.

More importantly, I disagree with Manaphy on some things. Mainly on Psychic and Tera Blast. I think that the way you (Mashing) sorted it is the best and as such doesn't need changing in my opinion. I don't think Fire Blast is a must, it is the preferred option for Specs but definitely not for Scarf. For Scarf I always use Psychic or Tera Blast. Overheat on the other hand is a must and easily Chi Yu's best move. Every Choiced Chi Yu needs Overheat.

One thing I for sure can agree with is that Bundle and Chi Yu are a pretty weird pair. You're mainly using Chi Yu with sun which means that you most likely can't fit Bundle as well. On that same topic I think that Chi Yu is good to pair with Scarfers like Flutter Mane and Great Tusk because they greatly appreciate Chi Yu threatening their walls severely like Corviknight, Dondozo and others. They are all great fits for Sun.

Didn't notice anything else out of order, good job!

Last edited:
I think these two deserve separate sets. Choice Scarf and Choice Specs accomplish wildly different things and appreciate different partners.

On Choice Specs for example, it can afford to not run coverage, because it can break with just its STABs. This is where I think the Dark Pulse and 3 Fire moves fit best on. Meanwhile, Tera Blast and Psychic are actually decent on Scarf because it does not have the same raw power that Specs has. Scarf also appreciates Fire Blast more than Specs because you 2HKO most things and you do not want to be set-up fodder after the second Overheat. Even after -1, Specs Overheat still deters common set-up mons like Koraidon (who has to set up sun again to work).

On the Scarf set, there are also a number of utility moves that are really good. One that I think deserves a slash is Memento.

Agreeing with Manaphy on teammates. Iron Bundle is not a noob-friendly teammate, since you're almost forced to run Sun and HDB. Good offensive partners are Koraidon (obviously), and things that can clean. Corviknight is a good partner as it comes in on Ting Lu. I think you definitely need to address the SR weak nature of this mon and partners that can mitigate this weakness (Great Tusk, etc). And speaking of the SR weakness, correct me if I'm wrong but don't you want this mon to have an HP that isn't divisible by 4? After 4HP EVs, it becomes 252 (raw HP); that would mean that it can only come on in 4 times with SR up instead of 5 using the 4 EVs anywhere else. Sorry if that's a bit nitpicky.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Fully supporting what Trade said, and I 100% agree that Specs and Scarf need to be separate sets!

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Write Choice Specs and I'll have someone else do Scarf. Or write scarf.

It may seem like I'm being extremely picky about the small fire move details here but I think they matter for this type of mon.

Fire Blast is a must IMO, so good job for including it!

I think Overheat is pretty overrated and I'm not comfortable having it as move 1 as a result. The extra power can occasionally come in handy for securing a KO on stuff like Miraidon harding in, but 99% of the time Fire Blast nails the same KOs, such as on Koraidon majority of the time.

You might be saying "well Manaphy Overheat has 5 more accuracy and more power!" but the problem is the special attack drop afterwords! You are losing the spam power of Fire Blast/Flamethrower and are leaving yourself in a position for a mon to come in and set-up.

An example would be SD Flame Charge Korai feeling comfortable setting up when you lose the SpAtk from Overheat; a Chi-Yu using Fire Blast could go for the read and KO in that instance, where Overheat would be forced to switch out always.

my move order would be like this:
move 1: Flamethrower
move 2: Overheat
move 3: Fire Blas
move 4: Dark Pulse (don't even both with tera blast or psychic shenanigans imo)

on the rest of the analysis, it looks good mostly, some changes here:

remove this

Remove the underline and replace with an example of what tera fire helps you KO (if you can't think of a good calc, just say it helps Chi-Yu break if sun doesn't happen to be up

A bit wordy, I would condense this down IMO. U-Turn Koraidon is definitely a key mention to make, especially as stuff like Skele and Scream Tail naturally despise Chi-Yu
I would remove those special attacker mentions for sure though (Bundle and Chi-Yu together? Kinda strange no?)

Will stamp after changes
changes made

I think these two deserve separate sets. Choice Scarf and Choice Specs accomplish wildly different things and appreciate different partners.

On Choice Specs for example, it can afford to not run coverage, because it can break with just its STABs. This is where I think the Dark Pulse and 3 Fire moves fit best on. Meanwhile, Tera Blast and Psychic are actually decent on Scarf because it does not have the same raw power that Specs has. Scarf also appreciates Fire Blast more than Specs because you 2HKO most things and you do not want to be set-up fodder after the second Overheat. Even after -1, Specs Overheat still deters common set-up mons like Koraidon (who has to set up sun again to work).

On the Scarf set, there are also a number of utility moves that are really good. One that I think deserves a slash is Memento.

Agreeing with Manaphy on teammates. Iron Bundle is not a noob-friendly teammate, since you're almost forced to run Sun and HDB. Good offensive partners are Koraidon (obviously), and things that can clean. Corviknight is a good partner as it comes in on Ting Lu. I think you definitely need to address the SR weak nature of this mon and partners that can mitigate this weakness (Great Tusk, etc). And speaking of the SR weakness, correct me if I'm wrong but don't you want this mon to have an HP that isn't divisible by 4? After 4HP EVs, it becomes 252 (raw HP); that would mean that it can only come on in 4 times with SR up instead of 5 using the 4 EVs anywhere else. Sorry if that's a bit nitpicky.
changes made

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
amqc

i dont think specs needs modest. its a luxury that you can save yourself because most mons already get 2HKOed by your stabs, mainly overheat and fire blast. because of this i would slash Timid first instead of Modest, to outspeed threats like jolly great tusk, modest iron month and careful iron treads better (those run 252 speed)

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
The only reason to run Timid over Modest is to outspeed Jolly Great Tusk
Fast Annihilape is another valid target, as well as the more niche Baxcalibur

Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to turn the 2HKOs to OHKOs, Tera Fire Chi-Yu can force 2HKO any big Special Wall with ease including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu. Another notable KO is being able to OHKO an opposing Chi-Yu with Overheat Tera FIre
First and last part about OHKO's can be put into one sentence just to avoid repitition, one more example of changing a 2HKO into an OHKO would also be nice, smth like Koraidon in Sun.

Pokemon that can help Chi-Yu are lures to its few checks to let it stomp the opposing team. It's best partner being Koraidon since it sets up the Sun and allows easy access to Chi-Yu with U-turn, another pivot example is Corviknight that uturns on bulky walls such as Ting-Lu to give Chi-Yu easy access.
I think the first sentence doesn't really lead into the next examples you give, since these mons clicking U-turn don't really lure any of its checks and just get it in, which is more than fine to say for teammates just has to be specified if you're using them for pivoting rather than baiting anything. Stuff that lure their common checks would be things like Steel move Koraidon to hit Dachsbun, Great Tusk to hit Dachsbun (and remove hazards), or Psyshock Flutter Mane to hit Blissey and pex.

QC 2/2
Stamp.gif

amcheck implement what you want
add remove (comment)

[SET]
name: The Feesh [Offensive Wallbreaker Breaker]
move 1: Overheat
move 2: Flamethrower

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Overheat hits any Pokemon extremely hard and can 2HKO even the bulkiest of Pokemon. The other lesser STABs, Flamethrower and Darkpulse are to safely get damage on your oponent, (wasn't sure what to do with this one, since damaging foes is what those moves do) Fire Blast can be used as an a middle ground between Overheat and Flamethrower to KO foes without Chi-Yu suffering a Special Attack drop. grab some KOs or 2HKOs that flame can without needing to lower your Spa
  • The only reason to run Timid over Modest is to outspeed Jolly Great Tusk, Jolly Annihilape, and fast Iron Treads with Special Defense investment. Jolly Anahilape and Fast Spdef Iron Threads
  • Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to 2HKO special walls with ease, including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu. Tera Fire Chi-Yu can also OHKO opposing Chi-Yu, and the aforementioned walls, with Overheat in sun. Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to turn the 2HKOs to OHKOs, Tera Fire Chi-Yu can force 2HKO any big Special Wall with ease including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu, they become OHKOs with Sun. Another notable KO is being able to OHKO an opposing Chi-Yu with Overheat Tera FIre
  • Choice Specs Chi-Yu is a wallbreaker, suited best in offensive teams that appreciate its wallbreaking capabilities. Koraidon is an excellent teammate because of its ability to set up sun and U-turn. Koraidon and Chi-Yu also threaten each other's checks. Offensive structures that love its breaking capabilities. Specially if said teams have Koraidon as a Sun Setter since they both eliminate eachothers checks
  • Pokemon that can help Chi-Yu are those that can get Chi-Yu in safely and force out its few checks. Corviknight is a noteworthy teammate that can pivot onto bulky walls such as Ting-Lu. Lures such as Heavy Slam Koraidon and Great Tusk, and Psyshock Flutter Mane are also appreciated teammates. pivots to its few checks to let it stomp the opposing team. It's best partner being Koraidon since it sets up the Sun and allows easy access to Chi-Yu with U-turn, another pivot example is Corviknight that uturns on bulky walls such as Ting-Lu to give Chi-Yu easy access. Lures can also be used such as Heavy Slam Koriadon, Great Tusk, and Psyshock Fluttermane

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

amcheck implement what you want
add remove (comment)

[SET]
name: The Feesh [Offensive Wallbreaker Breaker]

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Overheat hits any Pokemon extremely hard and can 2HKO even the bulkiest of Pokemon. The other lesser STABs, Flamethrower and Darkpulse are to safely get damage on your oponent, (wasn't sure what to do with this one, since damaging foes is what those moves do) Fire Blast can be used as an a middle ground between Overheat and Flamethrower to KO foes without Chi-Yu suffering a Special Attack drop. grab some KOs or 2HKOs that flame can without needing to lower your Spa
  • The only reason to run Timid over Modest is to outspeed Jolly Great Tusk, Jolly Annihilape, and fast Iron Treads with Special Defense investment. Jolly Anahilape and Fast Spdef Iron Threads
  • Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to 2HKO special walls with ease, including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu. Tera Fire Chi-Yu can also OHKO opposing Chi-Yu, and the aforementioned walls, with Overheat in sun. Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to turn the 2HKOs to OHKOs, Tera Fire Chi-Yu can force 2HKO any big Special Wall with ease including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu, they become OHKOs with Sun. Another notable KO is being able to OHKO an opposing Chi-Yu with Overheat Tera FIre
  • Choice Specs Chi-Yu is a wallbreaker, suited best in offensive teams that appreciate its wallbreaking capabilities. Koraidon is an excellent teammate because of its ability to set up sun and U-turn. Koraidon and Chi-Yu also threaten each other's checks. Offensive structures that love its breaking capabilities. Specially if said teams have Koraidon as a Sun Setter since they both eliminate eachothers checks
  • Pokemon that can help Chi-Yu are those that can get Chi-Yu in safely and force out its few checks. Corviknight is a noteworthy teammate that can pivot onto bulky walls such as Ting-Lu. Lures such as Heavy Slam Koraidon and Great Tusk, and Psyshock Flutter Mane are also appreciated teammates. pivots to its few checks to let it stomp the opposing team. It's best partner being Koraidon since it sets up the Sun and allows easy access to Chi-Yu with U-turn, another pivot example is Corviknight that uturns on bulky walls such as Ting-Lu to give Chi-Yu easy access. Lures can also be used such as Heavy Slam Koriadon, Great Tusk, and Psyshock Fluttermane

[CREDITS]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]
all changes added

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
nice am luna, am crediting
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]
name: The Feesh [Offensive Wallbreaker]

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Overheat hits any Pokemon extremely hard and can 2HKO even the bulkiest of Pokemon. Fire Blast can be used as a middle ground between Overheat and Flamethrower can be used to KO foes without Chi-Yu suffering a Special Attack drop, with Flamethrower having perfect accuracy.
  • The only reason to run Timid over Modest is to outspeed Jolly Great Tusk, Jolly Annihilape, and fast Iron Treads with Special Defense investment.
  • Tera Fire allows Chi-Yu to turn the 2HKOs to OHKOs, Tera Fire Chi-Yu can force 2HKO any big Special Wall with ease including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu, they become OHKOs with Sun. Another notable KO is being able to OHKO an opposing Chi-Yu with Overheat Tera FIre 2HKOs to OHKOs, for example OHKOing opposing Chi-Yu with Overheat. Tera Fire also lets it 2HKO any prominent special wall, including Toxapex, Blissey, and Ting-Lu, OHKOing them with sun.
  • Choice Specs Chi-Yu is a wallbreaker, suited best in offensive teams that appreciate its wallbreaking capabilities. for offensive teams. Koraidon is an excellent teammate because of its ability to set up sun and it sets sun and pivots Chi-Yu in with U-turn. Koraidon and Chi-Yu also threaten each other's checks, like Koraidon threatening (insert Chi-Yu check here) and Chi-Yu threatening (insert Koraidon check here).
  • Pokemon that can help Chi-Yu Helpful teammates are those that can get Chi-Yu in safely and force out its few checks. Corviknight and Koraidon are noteworthy teammates that can pivot onto bulky examples, pivoting into special walls such as Ting-Lu. Lures such as Heavy Slam Koraidon and Great Tusk, which beat , (insert Pokemon before comma) and Psyshock Flutter Mane, which beats , (insert Pokemon before comma) are also appreciated teammates.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [Manaphy, 50695], [[Fc, 511624]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Lunaflare, 430518], [Adeleine, 517429]]

make sure to carefully add and remove all the additions and removals; there were def some changes from lunaflare's check that didn't make it. if you don't want to do a change because you don't like it for whatever reason, just let us know and we're happy to work something out

Adeleine-1.gif
GP Team done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)