XY OU Christmas by Michael Buble

This team is a basic Sand Offense team, which I believe is one of the greatest playstyles to use at the moment given the offensive nature of the tier. Excadrill annihilates most of them and it doesn't need to have a full team built around support it, unlike Rain which requires a lot of support. I decided to pair it with one of the most broken things in the current metagame, Mega Mawile, and thought it'd make a great pair, so enjoy! I think it's the standard thing to theme your rmt on an album you think is cool, so I've done just that ~n_n~

BABY PLEASE COME HOME (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin​

Excadrill is what I based my whole team around. I decided to use it because no offensive team is safe from Excadrill's fantastic coverage and power thanks to Sand Rush's added Speed, while also providing great utility in the form of Rapid Spin. Not only that, but Excadrill requires very little support unlike something like Kabutops or Kingdra who would do a similar job. I typically wait until late game to activate the Sand and go to Excadrill because that is when it is the most effective, given that I am not running a SD set. I chose to run Air Balloon because other Excadrill could be an issue. Excadrill is Baby Please Come Home because it's the best song on the album and Excadrill is a boss.

ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOU (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 64 Atk / 192 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam​

I believe that this is Tyranitar's best set to run on an offense team with Excadrill because it provides the most support. Stealth Rock is nice to have on any team because it limits the power of certain threats such as Dragonite while also limiting Stall's switching ability, or at least punishing it. This set can punish most Defoggers that attempt to directly remove your hazards thanks to Fire Blast and Tyranitar being a natural enemy for Lati@s. I run Max Speed because without it, Tyranitar becomes a liability against Offenses which dominate the current metagame. Tyranitar is All I Want For Christmas Is You because he used to be the best just like Mariah did.

SANTA BABY (Mawile) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang
- Swords Dance​

The next thing I wanted on my team was a wallbreaker, which is why I opted for Mawile. It shares switch ins with Excadrill so it's pretty easy to open up their walls for a late game Excadrill sweep with aggressive play from Mawile. I opted for a fast set to make maximum use of Mawile's fantastic wallbreaking abilities, also considering that I have Excadrill to take care of faster sweepers they shouldn't be an issue. I decided to use Fire Fang as my last coverage move because it hits Skarmory, a rather large issue for Excadrill. Mawile is the team's main Dragon resist and a crucial Pokemon for its success. Mawile is Santa Baby because, like it or not, you can't really stop him coming down your chimney tonight.

SILENT NIGHT (Azumarill) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off​

So far I had no way to deal with offensive Water types such as Keldeo or Greninja, which is why I decided to add one of the best pivots against Water threats, Assault Vest Azumarill. It doesn't have much of an offensive job on the team, but it definitely makes it more solid thanks to its great typing and stats. Knocking Off Skarmory's Leftovers can make a huge difference in how the game will go which is pretty great. Azumarill can also pick off weakened Landorus and similar things which are big trouble for the team. Azumarill is Silent Night because he's a rabbit and they're quiet.

FELIZ NAVIDAD (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind​

Talonflame was added to give the team another way to beat fast sweepers, because outside of Excadrill the team was pretty slow. It also gives it a tool to rapidly dispatch Mega Venusaur which is a rather annoying Pokemon. Talonflame and Excadrill make a good pair because Excadrill easily spins the Rocks Talonflame hates so much while Talon can U-turn out of a Tyranitar or a Heatran which are easy pray for Excadrill's Earthquake. Tailwind is an excellent suicide option late game which can allow for a Mawile sweep which is hard to defend against. Honestly idk why Talonflame is Feliz Navidad because I'm not sure what it means.

COLD DECEMBER NIGHT (Gengar) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 28 HP / 148 SpA / 80 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Substitute​

The last thing I wanted was a strong Stall killer that could also be a strong offensive presence, for which Gengar is a perfect choice. My team had a hard time dealing with Stall outside of Mawile which explains that choice. It also takes care of the very annoying Breloom which is a large pain to deal with if Stealth Rock is up, since Talonflame doesn't want to lose 50% to SR. I'd say Gengar is probably the most expandable member of the team against Offensive teams, but it always pulls its weight in battle which makes it not that big of a deal. Genger is the ghost of christmas past and he's called Cold December Night because Michael is wearing a fairly warm looking coat in the above pic.

ask Jirachee if you want a threat list

SHOUTOUTS
Delibird is Amazing Delibird is Amazing n_n
Shaymin :D Shaymin :D n_n
Togie Togie n_n
Superpowerdude Superpowerdude n_n
kael kael =)
Delibird Heart Delibird Heart n_n
Touymato touya :D
Cinco Diablo go die in a car fire
ium ium n_n
CrashinBoomBang cbb n_n
Harsha is cute n_n
Tortwag pls come back
Jirachee stop kicking dogs
BKC cunt
Ojama shroomish
Funkasaurus has a chode
Andrew Andrew n_n
Nachos nigchode n_n
Hot N Cold wanna spitroast michael with me? *_*
Fiction. n_n
soviet n_n

michael *_*

Last edited:
Hi Tab.. nice solid team..
First of all you can update the team with a new version... mawilite will be ban (SURE), and i think you can make ttar your new mega and latias / garchomp / terrakion over mawile, principally to decrease your charizard Y weakness, you haven't any check of it... i know you had azumarill.. but it is ohkoed by a solar beam after a blast i guess... Latias and garchomp are nice checks of the mega... and adding mega ttar you couldn't change a lot the team.
Garchomp is your best choice because terrakion can not take a focus blast or a solar beam... chomp could, and he is better than latias because he can set stealth rocks...
Mega TTar Ddancer:
Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Dragon Dance

Garchomp (F) @ leftovers / rocky helmet
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Fire Blast / swords dance

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Excellent team tab, I wasn't aware you played XY OU! What a great surprise to see you post this. Christmas by Michael Buble definitely is one of my favourite albums of all time, so I will rate this team.

The main weaknesses for this team, in my opinion, would be Rotom-W, Keldeo, and Charizard Y. Rotom-W gets Volt Switches off easily against most of the team, and it walls its Ground type which makes it an unviable switch in option. Keldeo isn't that threatening with Assault Vest Azumarill because it can take anything it uses, but an untimely Scald burn could ruin your fun pretty easily. Charizard Y can be played around with Solarbeam mindgames but you definitely can't play safe around it, and it can ruin your Excadrill plans. I think that an easy way to fix this would be putting Latios > Gengar. Latios takes care of all 3 of these threats and doesn't mind a burn all that much thanks to Draco Meteor's Special mightiness. This also gives you a Defogger, allowing you to run Swords Dance on Excadrill which will make up for dropping one of your stallbreakers. Overall a win-win change!

I don't have much else to suggest because this is truly an excellent team which shows your deep knowledge of the XY OU metagame. With Latios, one thing you could change would be Azumarill's held item; with a second Water resist, there is less need for the Assault Vest! A Choice Band would definitely help take on those annoying bulkier teams.

Here is the Latios set I believe you should use:

Good luck in your future battling endeavors, and happy listening to Michael Buble's music :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)