Christmas-themed Hail Room

Okay, the entire team is based on Trick Room and Hail, with a Christmas Theme. It tries to utilize pokemon in a unique and unexpected way to essentially stall, control, then sweep.

The core of this team lies in our Christmas Tree, Abomasnow:
Tannenbomb
Hail + Trick Room; oh, well okay then.​
Abomasnow @ Abomasite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpAtk
IVs: 0 Spd
Nature: Brave
Ability: Snow Warning
- Blizzard
- Earthquake
- Giga Drain
- Ice Shard
Hail setup and trick room abuser. Blizzard sweeper. Hopefully you’re in trick room, otherwise, when another pokemon faints, bring him in and revenge kill with priority STAB Ice Shard. In Trick Room, it beats Priority Talonflame every time. Also when in Trick Room, he’ll sweep with perfect coverage. He’s tied for most weaknesses in the game and can be 2H/OHKO’d by most of them: Weak to:Fighting Flying Poison Rock Bug Steel x2 Fire x4
Immune to: None Resistant to: Ground, Water, Grass, Electric.

Unfortunately, I didn't want him to have to waste a move on Trick Room himself (considering he has the most weaknesses in the game), so I looked to other Trick Roomers:

TheCoal
Suicide Trick Room / Hail Lead​
Carbink @ Icy Rock
Ability: Sturdy
252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
- Hail
- Trick Room
- Power Gem / Explosion
- Stealth Rock

Carbink has sturdy and resists fire and is a bit slower anyway, so I put this as my suicide lead (originally gave him explosion because I'm mean like that). This little lump of coal starts the battle with Hail or Trick Room (depending on the opponent), and then can just die; if you let him set up on your team, bad things happen. He also can punish a Fire lead on second turn (first turn will probably be a protect in the case of Blaziken.)
Your stealth rock setter. First turn use stealth rock. it’s sturdy will get them out on the field. If the opponent isn’t ready to kill you, Hail. If he still hasn’t killed you, Trick Room. Yep. He’s that kind of guy. Weakness: 4x steel Ground Water Grass x2; Immune to Dragon. Resistant to Normal Flying Bug Fire Dark. Power gem is for Fire Leads who will try and out muscle you. You’re not going to do anything crazy with it but if You spy Flying/Dragon Flying/Fire Fighting/Fire; hold off on the set up and go for a free kill.

Fruitcake
Psychic Special Sweeper/tank​
Reuniclus @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Recover
Terrible vs Tyranitar and Scizor. He will die against them. Kill first with other pokemon before sweeping with Reun. Recover after half life. Life Orb has 10% recoil, but Magic Guard will prevent the damage from that and hail, so he can sit in the hail forever. I like to use him late game, or 2nd in Flat.
Last Snow
Special Sweeper Counter / Rapid Spinner / Phys Tank​
Avalugg @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Avalanche
- Rapid Spin
- Rest/Recover
- Mirror Coat

This pokemon puts a snowy hurt on unaware players. Put it in against a pokemon who will use Special attacks against him. (like a charizard Y) ONLY do so if your previous pokemon fainted, never switch in against one, or you’ll never get to use Mirror Coat. Mirror Coat will double the special damage dealt, hopefully activating Sturdy, and then Avalugg will OHKO the pokemon. Use Resto/Recover to heal up, (and make haste out of there) or if opponent puts in another special; laugh and mirror coat again. Avalanche does 120physical if it goes second (which it will) otherwise it does 60. Totally brutal. Highest Defense in Ice types; I'd take Cryagonal if I didn't think Physical Sweepers or Tanks were more prevalent and pokemon like Tyranitar/Garchomp.
Santa Claws
Physical Counter / Fire Sweeper outside of Trick Room​
Blaziken @ Focus sash
Trait: Speed boost
Nature:Adamant/Jolly
Evs:252Atk, 252 Speed
- Blaze kick
- Counter
- Protect
- Night Slash

The fat, jolly bastard. Most people will try and one hit this guy, not expecting the Focus Sash + Counter on first turn. He’s Naughty if you’re naughty, and nice if you’re nice. Remember that Counter ONLY works against Physical Moves (Much like Mirror Coat works only with Special Moves). If you come up against something you’re not sure is Physical, Protect to see what it’s going to use, and get a free speed boost. Generally it’ll use it again or switch out. Counter hits Ghost types despite the immunity. I didn't want an all Ice team, and most people in Flat will specifically choose counters to this non-mega, which is funny to see.

Sugarplum Fairy
Hard-to-kill Cleric​
Aromatisse @ Big Root
Nature: Relaxed / Sassy
Ability: Aroma Veil
EV's: 1/3 HP / 1/3 Def / 1/3 SpD
Moves:
- Trick Room
- Draining Kiss
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
Draining Kiss with Big Root heals 100% of damage dealt. Aromatherapy cures ALL pokemon of yours of status ailments. Bring in the fat lady mid-game to heal up one of your other pokemon who are waiting for a present (low health) with Wish. Or bring out first, and Trick Room and flee. He’s not going to be a sweeper, he’s a Cleric: meant to keep your other sweeps for another round of OHKOs.

It's not a team with low skill difficulty, I get it. It's easy to point to a single pokemon and say "I win" vs your team. But with two counter pokemon on the team, it catches opponents off-guard and suddenly this team is 4-2 against while they wait out the trick room. I'm hoping that during a tournament this team will confuse opponents early on with a sudden reversal, and I'll be able to come back from it, but I also think that it could just die to blaziken speed boost have a nice day, if I'm not paying attention.

Thoughts? Comments?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)