Other Metagames CIA INVENTED CRACK and Friends: A Mono-Fire Team

First of all, this team peaked #7 and unless afd has a stroke while deciding to ladder or something, I don't expect to peak higher. Also tagging scpinion to put this in the showcase if he thinks it's good enough.

This team was an unintentional creation, I did not want to pick up Fire after beating DISTROBRO about 50 times with Ground. I decided to make a Belch Magmortar set on Fire just to see if it could Belch something and to test it out, I made a new team. This team got to 1500 Elo with the Magmortar set still in it and I decided that this team could actually work if I replaced the Magmortar. I asked bluntly "whats a good fire mon" and Twix bluntly replied "rotom-heat is okay" so I replaced it and made a great team.

CIA INVENTED CRACK (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

This is a volt-turn machine. It helps in the Bug matchup by barely outspeeding Heracross and helps in the Flying and the Dragon matchup with being able to HP Ice what Victini can't Bolt Strike. It also solos Water if Zard Y beats their Electric immunity, and can take out Tentacruel if need be for Zard. It also puts people in for a surprise when I have two scarves, and now means nothing because I revealed the team.

FUCK BILL CLINTON (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

This is the star of the show, the S rank, the sun-provider. This is the special wallbreaker, bad Water solo-er, and the Tyranitar and Heatran check. It has Roost over Defog mostly because I want it to survive because the team kind of hinges on it, but I have a suicide lead so defogging its own hazards that I usually get down is often a Bad Thing, so I settle with keeping it alive by Roosting on spare turns.

HEATRAN THE BBW (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon

It's a tradition of my teams to carry double rocks since suicide leads are rarely as good as I'd like them to be. The Speed is for speed creeping because I don't like putting the last 4/8 into a defensive stat, HP EV's to survive a +6 Azumarill Aqua jet in sun after stealth rock (+6 252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran in Sun: 302-356 (78.4 - 92.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO), Special Attack EV's and modest t Stealth Rock because it's the best move in the game, Earth Power because Fire's anti-Heatran options are otherwise Infernape which I don't like saving and Entei's Bulldoze which is semi-unreliable, and Plume and Flash Cannon for solid STABs.

WHO UP CLIK LIKE (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

Leads all the time, can anti-lead anti-leads barring other Infernapes running the exact same set. Fake Out turn 1 for free damage unless they have an obvious rough skin mon, lay rocks whenever you think they won't be bounced, close combat against cc weaknesses and to maintain sash, Flare Blitz in Blaze and when they're weak to Flare Blitz.

BUSH DID KUSH (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

The second part of the volt-turn core, this is basically the revenger for things that Rotom-H can't revenge. V-Create for damage, Bolt Strike for coverage, U-turn for momentum, and Zen for hax, STAB, and hitting Terrakion. There's not much to it, generic set.

supa hot fire (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Iron Head

Underused amazing revenge killer/physical wallbreaker, it can get 50% burns and can 2HKO any physical wall that doesn't resist it in sun with Sacred Fire, and can revenge kill threats with even infinite speed with its own Extreme Speed. Bulldoze is for Heatran and Chandelure (it 2hkos scarf chandy while only getting hit once because of the neat speed drop) and Iron Head is for rock types, not fairies, as Sacred Fire does roughly the same damage as Iron Head with a burn chance.

Here's a replay of the team in action beating Soma's Dragon. Even with perfect plays, I needed and got sufficient hax to win. Also, I didn't bother to save any more replays because none of them would be able to match up to this one.

Threats:

Terrakion fucks this team up. You must literally get a Stone Edge miss to win.

Tyranitar takes away sun, and Focus Blast is notorious for missing. You can spam U-turn and follow up with an Iron Head from Entei, but its often against Dark and Entei hates taking an attack from Tyranitar on a U-turn switch.

This, as well as its little brother Mega Gyarados, can solo this team. At least you can kill Mega Gyarados with proper plays as it tries to set up and even revenge it with Entei at a proper time if you let it set up, all of which you can't do with Mega Sharpedo.

CM Mega Latias sweeps. There is nothing Fire can do about it. I have looked into this. I AM NOT ADDING RANDOM TOXIC TO DEAL WITH MEGA LATIAS

Anything that Fire STAB doesn't cover well along with this team's limted coverage is a headache, Chandelure and Flash Fire-Tracing Porygon2 are all examples of headaches that Fire can't cover.

TESTIMONIALS
★Snowyyy: THIS TEAM
★Snowyyy: HAS
★Snowyyy: NO
★Snowyyy: HAZARD REMOVAL
★Snowyyy: WHAT

★Laxuy:I DONT EVEN HAVE DEFOG
★Laxuy: HE HAS DOUBLE ROCKS
★Laxuy: NOOOOOOOOOOO

CIA INVENTED CRACK (Rotom-Heat) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat
- Hidden Power [Ice]

FUCK BILL CLINTON (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

HEATRAN THE BBW (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock
- Lava Plume
- Flash Cannon

WHO UP CLIK LIKE (Infernape) @ Focus Sash
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Stealth Rock
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat

BUSH DID KUSH (Victini) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
Jolly Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

supa hot fire (Entei) @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Extreme Speed
- Bulldoze
- Iron Head

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
You have no hazard removal. Anywhere. Put Torkoal over nape, as it has rocks and rapid spin. Profit. Nice peak tho n_n

Hey fella, nice team! I do have a couple things to suggest tho to maybe make it a bit better. First of all you don't have any means of hazards control, which for fire teams is a must, yea you have infernape, but what if they don't set up until later, or its something like Golurk that resists fake out? I would put Defog over Roost on Char Y on the off chance hazards do get successfully set up.

Next thing id suggest is making Infernape a Mixed Attacker. Here's the set I like using:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Close Combat
- Fire Blast / Overheat
- Thunder Punch
- Mach Punch

Set is pretty simple, but Thunder Punch is great for water mons and flying, especially Gyarados. It's a great set, and I got it from OmniaX.

You also seem really ground weak, char y looks like the only thing that can hit it significantly gard and cause problems. Because of that I would add Energy Ball on Victini over Zen Headbutt so once you take Exca out, you can sweep a little bit easier.

That's all I got for now, but great job on the peak kiddo! :)

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure I beat this on the ladder yesterday, either that or it's just really really standard. Anyway, the first issue that comes to mind is the dual SR setters are really redundant on this team, even if opposing teams have removal on something that has time to get it done vs fire HO you're still forcing them to waste time removing hazards and there's not much reason to waste another slot. Also sash ape is really reliable at laying down hazards vs not Deo-S or whatever, not sure why you think it's unreliable. The HP EVs on Heatran are also kind of unnecessary, even with defog zard y your removal options are limited (SR gives azu a good shot at KOing tran at full) and, since azu doesnt set up on anything without taking a fair amount of damage outside of choice locked rotom, Entei can still rk. A simple 28 speed allows you to outspeed 0 speed Mandibuzz, Mega Venusaur, and Togekiss (or creep a bit more for variants with speed creep) and opposing 0 speed Heatran, and taunt over SR helps prevent removal/recovery while also being nice vs all the other slower things you could face like Chansey. I've also never felt Fake Out was worthwhile on Infernape, it can sorta help vs slower sash users but those aren't overly common at all, at least Taunt should help reliably prevent Stealth Rock from lead Skarm and the like. Yes I'm advocating dual Taunt but that's sorta what you want to prevent rocks from screwing you over. After that you could still go defog with Zard Y or not, but it's much less mandatory. Also consider special infernape, vs Deo-S leads you can reliably KO it while keeping your sash intact for the next mon and also do more to mega sableye, essentially becoming more threatening vs its most annoying enemies. Other than that this is fairly standard and not much reason to replace any mons in full, cool team and grats on your peak.

I'm pretty sure I beat this on the ladder yesterday, either that or it's just really really standard. Anyway, the first issue that comes to mind is the dual SR setters are really redundant on this team, even if opposing teams have removal on something that has time to get it done vs fire HO you're still forcing them to waste time removing hazards and there's not much reason to waste another slot. Also sash ape is really reliable at laying down hazards vs not Deo-S or whatever, not sure why you think it's unreliable. The HP EVs on Heatran are also kind of unnecessary, even with defog zard y your removal options are limited (SR gives azu a good shot at KOing tran at full) and, since azu doesnt set up on anything without taking a fair amount of damage outside of choice locked rotom, Entei can still rk. A simple 28 speed allows you to outspeed 0 speed Mandibuzz, Mega Venusaur, and Togekiss (or creep a bit more for variants with speed creep) and opposing 0 speed Heatran, and taunt over SR helps prevent removal/recovery while also being nice vs all the other slower things you could face like Chansey. I've also never felt Fake Out was worthwhile on Infernape, it can sorta help vs slower sash users but those aren't overly common at all, at least Taunt should help reliably prevent Stealth Rock from lead Skarm and the like. Yes I'm advocating dual Taunt but that's sorta what you want to prevent rocks from screwing you over. After that you could still go defog with Zard Y or not, but it's much less mandatory. Also consider special infernape, vs Deo-S leads you can reliably KO it while keeping your sash intact for the next mon and also do more to mega sableye, essentially becoming more threatening vs its most annoying enemies. Other than that this is fairly standard and not much reason to replace any mons in full, cool team and grats on your peak.
I'm like 90% sure you beat it in OT with psychic, for which an anti-deo option would be fantastic, but I prefer in most matchups scouting items with fake out and being able to put myself in blaze and kill my lead with flare blitz. I do like the suggested heatran set, I realized that that could counter ff-trace pory-2, and prob other things. Thank you for the suggestions!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)