ORAS OU Cinccino and Friends (Cinccino Offense, Peaked ~1500)

Cinccino and Friends :]

One night me and a friend were brainstorming, and we came up with using Cinccino in OU. It outspeeds and a bunch of offensive threats, including Hoopa-U, Keldeo, Lati@s, Gengar, and Serperior. With decent coverage and the removal of steels, Cinccino can really wreck havoc in this tier.

• Cinccino, the pokemon this team was built around :D

• The next Pokemon I added was Landorus-T. Stealth Rock secures some kills for Cinccino, while also helping defeat Mega-Lopunny with the help of the next member. U-Turn also allows for free switches into Cinccino.

• I added Manectric as my mega Pokemon, giving Cinccino free switches by forcing something out and clicking Volt Switch. The double dog core also helps a lot Vs. Mega-Lopunny, as -1 Mega-Lopunny isn't that scary.

• I needed a secondary win condition, so I decided on SubCM Keldeo. It is very strong vs Steel types, which Cinccino has trouble with. It also sets up in the face of things that wall Cinccino, bar Ferrothorn.

• Originally, Jirachi was in this spot, but my team would have been 6-0d by Ferrothorn if Mega-Manectric died. Scarf Heatran catches a lot of people off guard, outspeeding and killing Mega-Lopunny after Rocky Helmet damage.

• Finally, I needed something to get rid of entry hazards, as this team is very pivoty. Latias worked especially well, as it lures in Pursuit users and allows me to Healing Wish Keldeo for a sweep. It also hit very hard, despite it's bulk.

Sharpay (Cinccino) (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Bullet Seed
- Rock Blast
- U-turn

The Pokemon that this team was built around, Cinccino. Cinccino is a fast attacker with decent coverage that OHKO's/pivots on most of the offensive Pokemon in the OU metagame. Choice Band allows for kills that Cinccino wouldn't get with Life Orb, and is also a better choice overall as you are usually only in for one turn to pivot or fire off an attack against the predicted switch in. The EV spread is to maximize the attacking power of Cinccino while maintaining an amazing speed tier. Tail Slap is used for STAB, and is Cinccinos most powerful attack. Bullet Seed is great Vs. bulky Waters, and Hippowdon, which are common switch ins. It is also safe to use vs Tankchomp, as if you Tail Slap a Tankchomp, you will die. Rock Blast is good Vs. Gengar, and good Vs. Scizor on the switch. U-Turn allows you to maintain momentum Vs. Steels, and other Pokemon that wall Cinccino like Landorus-T.

Doge (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 12 SpD / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rocky Helmet Landorus-T is a great check to Mega-Lopunny, which offensively checks Cinccino. Rocky Helmet punishes Mega-Lopunny and other physical attacks. Intimidate helps this, as Landorus-T won't be taking much damage after the opponent is -1. The given EV spread is very standard, except for the 4 speed which allows me to outslow other Landorus-T's, guaranteeing the slow U-Turn. Stealth Rock turns many 2HKO's into OHKO's, 3HKO's into 2HKO's, ect. Earthquake is a great STAB option, and is a great option to damage the other team. U-Turn allows me to maintain momentum, as many physical attacks will be forced out by Landorus-T, giving me a free switch into one of my offensive Pokemon. Stone Edge is to hit Flying types on the switch in.

Rock Man (Manectric-Mega) (M) @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Overheat

I chose Manectric as a Mega because it allows me to get free switches into Cinccino, and helps me check physical attackers with Intimidate. Lightning Rod before Mega evolution is great Vs. predicted Volt Switches/Electric attacks. The EV spread is to maximize speed and power. Volt Switch is great for keeping momentum Vs. Special walls, allowing me to send in Cinccino, or set up with Keldeo. Thunderbolt and a strong STAB attack, and allows Manectric to just smack things for a lot of damage. Hidden Power Ice gives Manectric perfect neutral coverage, and allows it to hit Ground types on the switch. Overheat is a very strong attack that OHKO's Metagross, Ferrothorn, and SpDef. Excadrill.

Scald (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric][Grass]

Changed to a Choice Scarf set to take on Rain Offense.

Scald (Keldeo) @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

I needed another win condition, and I ended up choosing Keldeo. It beats most Steels, and can set up a lot of Pokemon. Leftovers is super good with Substitute, as I can just recover for free when they are forced to switch or if I am behind a Substitute. The given EV spread just maximizes speed and power. Substitute allows Keldeo to dodge status, and get off a free hit before getting revenge killed. Calm Mind is great, as you can just Substitute on a resisted special attack, and just Calm Mind for days. Scald is probably the best move in the game, and is extremely spammable, even without a Calm Mind boost. Secret Sword just allows for dual STAB, and beats Steels that would otherwise be problematic for this team.

untitled 07 (Heatran) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 124 HP / 132 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

The stall breaker set helped me Vs. CM Latias, and Mega-Venusaur, while still checking most of the things that that the scarf variant checks.

untitled 07 (Heatran) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge

Scarf Heatran is very unexpected, and catches a lot of people off guard. Flash Fire lets me switch into Will-O-Wisps aimed at Landorus-T and Cinccino. The given EV spread allows Heatran to outspeed Mega-Lopunny and Mega-Manectric. Overheat is an extremely powerful attack, and is just a strong STAB option to use. Flash Cannon is another STAB attack that hits Fairys like Mega-Altaria, Clefable, ect. Earth Power is great Vs. other Heatrans. Stone Edge is fantastic, it allows Heatran to OHKO all offensive Talonflame variants, and 2HKO's the bulkier sets, which is okay because they can't do anything back to you.

Bae (Latias) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Defog

My team was super weak to Dark spam, so I changed Latias into a HP Fighting Colbur Dark lure. Healing Wish isn't as important anymore, as Keldeo was changed into a Scarf set.

252+ Atk Black Glasses Bisharp Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Colbur Berry Latias: 93-109 (30.8 - 36.2%) -- 53% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Latias Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 52 SpD Bisharp: 292-348 (107.7 - 128.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Colbur Berry Latias: 87-105 (28.9 - 34.8%) -- 8.5% chance to 3HKO
252 SpA Latias Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Weavile: 272-320 (96.7 - 113.8%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Colbur Berry Latias: 73-87 (24.2 - 28.9%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after sandstorm damage
252 SpA Latias Hidden Power Fighting vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 156-188 (45.7 - 55.1%) -- 55.9% chance to 2HKO

Bae (Latias) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Healing Wish

Latias was the perfect defogger for this team. It baits in Pursuit trappers and allows Keldeo to get in on a free switch and set up on them. The EV spread is very standard. It gives enough bulk to survive 2 Hidden Power Ice's from Thundurus, and lets Latias hit a Life Orb number. Draco Meteor just nukes stuff, and there are quite a few teams that are unprepared for the power of a Draco Meteor. Thunderbolt allows me to kill BD Azumarill after it's Sitrus Berry if Stealth Rocks are up. Thunderbolt is great, as I still retain coverage vs Keldeo. Defog is to get rid of hazards due to how pivoty this team is. Healing Wish is great. If you are about to get Pursuited, you can Healing Wish into Keldeo and set up on the Pursuit user. It is also great for healing Landorus-T, if they have a Pokemon that would be problematic without it.

• Belly Drum Azumarill is really problematic. If it gets +6 and I don't have Stealth Rock up, I either have to sac like 4 Pokemon or just lose. Everything gets OHKO'd by +6 Aqua Jet besides Keldeo, but Keldeo can only do ~25% before getting OHKO'd by Play Rough.
  • Calm Mind Mega-Latias sets up on most of my team and 6-0's me behind a Substitute.
  • Rain Offense is extremely hard to deal with this team. Mega-Swampert OHKO's/2HKO's everything while dodging the 2HKO from Keldeo and Latias which can survive one attack.

Last edited:
Hello Odeclas!

Looks like a wonderful team and I did have some major trouble finding weaknesses, but I did and they are easy fixes!

Threat Pokemon:

Threat Sets

Lando-T

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish/Knock Off/U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Weavile
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Knock Off
-Low Kick
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash

Threat Reasons:

Now, you may be wondering why i picked these two as the main threats for your pokemon. This is easily understood by their sets.

Landorus-Therian

This is a hard hitting mon. When not used as a support//defensive pokemon this is deadly. Your Landorus-T is supportive, which is a great set and very common. That is why the opposing Lando-T with this set will be able to come in and setup Rock Polish/Swords Dance while you U-Turn out. After this, nothing can switch in. At +2, Stab Adamant Earth Plate Earthquake hits every single pokemon on your team hard. Your only immunities for the deadly Earthquake is Latias which gets beat with the U-turn/Knock Off set. After Rock Polish, it also outspeeds most of your team and is ready to sweep.

Weavile

Well, this is kind of obvious with its set. Low Kick hits Cinccino and Heatran. Knock Off hits Latias. Ice Shard and Icicle Crash hit Lando-T and Latias once again. This set Weavile is monstrous especially if your Keldeo has been eliminated, Weavile just comes in and wins the game. Keldeo is one thing that threatens this, but other mons weaken Keldeo at the same time and Weavile could be the one pokemon to outspeed and get the finishing hit. You will always have to watch out for this pokemon if you are trying to sweep with either Keldeo or Cinccino.

Solutions:

Ahh, we are finally at this part. There are some simple solutions for this which include altering your sets.

-First and foremost, Keldeo is a secondary wincon, but without it your team falls apart. As I mentioned, many pokemon will weaken your team to where Weavile comes and sweeps and the problem is Weavile being faster. This can be avoided by running the not very usual Scarf Keldeo. This surprises the opposing pokemon with being faster than you already are.

For the above Scarf Keldeo Set:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: Any sort of Special Attacker.
Jolly Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Sacred Sword
-Scald
-Hidden Power Flying/Icy Wind

-That set pretty much takes care of both Landorus-T and Keldeo with Scarf Jolly.

Overall, great team!

Hope you achieve #1 on the ladder!

-TenucSkenuck

Last edited:
Hello Odeclas!

Looks like a wonderful team and I did have some major trouble finding weaknesses, but I did and they are easy fixes!

Threat Pokemon:

Threat Sets

Lando-T

Landorus-Therian @ Earth Plate
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish/Knock Off/U-Turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge

Weavile
Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Knock Off
-Low Kick
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash

Threat Reasons:

Now, you may be wondering why i picked these two as the main threats for your pokemon. This is easily understood by their sets.

Landorus-Therian

This is a hard hitting mon. When not used as a support//defensive pokemon this is deadly. Your Landorus-T is supportive, which is a great set and very common. That is why the opposing Lando-T with this set will be able to come in and setup Rock Polish/Swords Dance while you U-Turn out. After this, nothing can switch in. At +2, Stab Adamant Earth Plate Earthquake hits every single pokemon on your team hard. Your only immunities for the deadly Earthquake is Latias which gets beat with the U-turn/Knock Off set. After Rock Polish, it also outspeeds most of your team and is ready to sweep.

Weavile

Well, this is kind of obvious with its set. Low Kick hits Cinccino and Heatran. Knock Off hits Latias. Ice Shard and Icicle Crash hit Lando-T and Latias once again. This set Weavile is monstrous especially if your Keldeo has been eliminated, Weavile just comes in and wins the game. Keldeo is one thing that threatens this, but other mons weaken Keldeo at the same time and Weavile could be the one pokemon to outspeed and get the finishing hit. You will always have to watch out for this pokemon if you are trying to sweep with either Keldeo or Cinccino.

Solutions:

Ahh, we are finally at this part. There are some simple solutions for this which include altering your sets.

-First and foremost, Keldeo is a secondary wincon, but without it your team falls apart. As I mentioned, many pokemon will weaken your team to where Weavile comes and sweeps and the problem is Weavile being faster. This can be avoided by running the not very usual Scarf Keldeo. This surprises the opposing pokemon with being faster than you already are.

For the above Scarf Keldeo Set:

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
EVs: Any sort of Special Attacker.
Jolly Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Sacred Sword
-Scald
-Hidden Power Flying/Icy Wind

-That set pretty much takes care of both Landorus-T and Keldeo with Scarf Jolly.

Overall, great team!

Hope you achieve #1 on the ladder!

-TenucSkenuck
Thanks for the rate friend :) I'll make sure to try out the Keldeo set. What are the advantages of using HP Flying over Icy Wind, and vice versa?

Icy wind is used mostly for speed control, ie using it against a lati to guarantee your own outspeeds or slowing down a torn for cincinno, and I guess it hits dragons, but it's really not there for the damage.

Hp flying again doesnt do much damage, but it hits a couple of grass threats that you dont really need to icy wind, ie serperior and mega venu.

Edit: fighting stab hits serp hard too, hp flying is mostly just for venusaur.

Cool team!

Last edited:

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man, i saw Cinccino on title and thought this is just a joke team but, surprise looks really standard however there's a Cinccino so i read the RMT and found the team really solid with Cinccino as Revenge Killer as you mentioned some of the OU threats Cinccino outspeed and can hit them hard.
The team definitely struggles against the threat list you mentioned and i found another issue that you team struggle with such as Dark spam, Bisharp + weavile put a whole lot of pressure into your team being scarf keldeo your switch and check at the same time, also Azumarril is just a threat for every team in general without a bulky grass type or rotom-w, however your team can play around the cb set and Lando-t + Latias + Mane can check the AV set. Ill give you a few suggestion that migh help you a bit more.
  • First as you Heatran is a more stallbreaker set, you dont need to much SpA to put in work so i'd suggest this ev spread 120 HP / 136 SpA / 252 Spe Timid Nature, with this bit of bulk you can switch more confortably on Lati@s, also you can try wow over Toxic to check azu on switch and even Bisharp.
  • And the last change is make Keldeo Rest Stalk with Life orb, this set can help you against dark spam, as you can switch multiple times into Knock Off + any attack from Bish/Weav/Craw.
Scald (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Rest
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Sleep Talk
hope I help you and gl

Thanks for the rate friend :) I'll make sure to try out the Keldeo set. What are the advantages of using HP Flying over Icy Wind, and vice versa?
Hidden Power Flying hits Venusaur-Mega so it doesn't ruin a potential sweep from Keldeo.

-TenucSkenuck

You team is very weak to knock spam and darks as said by dennisEG and extremely weak to bisharp I just wanted to back up his suggestion of rest talk keldeo and suggest something else being healing wish on latias over Hp fighting and to make latias LO so you can heal keldeo and chinchino and the other if needed

Hope this helped

This team is different just for the fact of using a cincinno haha, but overall good team build! A bisharp might be a problem, which makes keldeo that much more important. A good check to keldeos are latios and latias, which you really dont have anything to check. I recommend switching lando for a weevile. Weevile can hit very hard and fast, and also gives you a pokemon with knock off. Weevile also has good priority, in the form of ice shard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)