Circus Survivor IV - SIGNUPS CLOSE MONDAY 3PM CENTRAL (21/18)

Status
Not open for further replies.
survivor logo.jpg

Designed and hosted by Hal and rssp, approved by Blazade
Rules:
1. Game Basics:

There will be two tribes with 8 people each.

-During the Day phases of the game there will be immunity challenges. Immunity challenges decide who is safe and who has to go to tribal council.

-During the Tribal Stage of the game, challenges will be won and lost as a whole tribe. The tribe that loses in the immunity challenge will have to go to Tribal Council and vote someone out.

-During the Individual Stage of the game, challenges will be won and lost by a single person. The winner of the immunity challenge cannot be voted upon, but (s)he will be able to vote.

-The timing and nature of any possible twists, idols, or other advantages are set in stone as of May 21.

2. Challenges

There has been a special focus this season on creating unique challenges. They can be anything from puzzles to flash games to trivia. People with various skills will be able to do well in the various aspects of this season. There will be very few challenges that are showdown battling related.

The challenges themselves will all vary and will typically not be very similar to one another.

-At the start of the Day phase, the details of the challenge will be posted.

-During Tribal (Team) challenges, some players will have to sit out some of the challenges. Players cannot sit out during two consecutive challenges.

3. Tribal Council:

-Tribal Council will occur at the Night phase after the Immunity Challenge.

There will be a private vote to see who is eliminated from the game. Votes will take place in discord pm with the hosts.

You may switch your vote a total of three times before the votes are read. This is three times THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME. If you’ve used all three and you try to switch your vote again, you will not be allowed to do so. You can use up multiple of these vote changes during one tribal council, so be sure of what you are voting before you submit it! It is ok if you take time to do this, just make sure it isn’t too long and that you submit your votes before the deadline.

-The vote total will be revealed to the tribe at the end of the night, but you will not know who voted for who.

-If any hidden immunity idols are played, all the votes cast against the player who used the HII will be negated.

-In case of an initial tie, there will be a re-vote where you can only vote for one of the people with the most votes. For example, if there are 3 votes for Player A, 3 votes for Player B, and 1 vote for Player C in a 7 man tribe, you may only vote for Player A or B during the re-vote.

-In case of a second tie, the player who leaves will be determined by a random number generator. The players who tied for the most votes both times will be safe from this tiebreaker. In the previous example, players A and B would be safe.

Players voted out (aka dead) cannot be communicated with following their removal from the game. There will be absolutely no communication between dead players and alive players regarding the game. This will change when the game reaches its conclusion, but until then, this rule will be strictly enforced.

At a certain point, those voted out will form the Jury. The Jury is special in that they follow the game in order to vote for a winner at the end of the game.

4. Winning the Game:

-The goal of the game is to reach the Final Tribal Council, which typically occurs with just two or three people left in the game. You cannot win the game unless you make it to the Final Tribal Council.

-At the Final Tribal Council, the remaining players in the game speak to the jury and try to convince the jury that they deserve to win the game.

-Each finalist is allowed to make an opening statement on why they deserve to win the game.

Following opening statements, each Jury member is allowed to make either a statement or ask the finalists a question if they choose to. They may say or ask whatever they want.

-When everyone is done speaking, the jury will vote privately on who wins the game. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

5. Forum Mechanics:

A typical phase will go like this. I post a challenge and the rules. The challenge will take place over the following days. The losing tribe will then go to tribal council where they will vote a person off. Some challenges may be a little different, but this is how a majority of them will go.

Please do not communicate with players who are not on your tribe during the tribal phase. The only reason you should be talking to opposing tribe members is to schedule battles. In addition, zero communication with dead players is allowed. For the purposes of idol hunting, you may not communicate or seek help from dead players, from people outside of the game, or from people on the other tribe.

The voting stage will take place 24 hours after the challenge is over. I will not be extending deadlines unless I absolutely have to.

Inactive players who fail to vote will place an unconditional and public vote for themselves.

-No anonymous nicks will be allowed for the purposes of this game. No impersonating as well. You will be punished if caught.

There will be a designated discord for tribes. You can also privately PM people ONLY on your tribe (make sure to invite me and my cohosts!).

6. Moderators are god, any of these rules are subject to change.

Challenges last around two days, but no more than three regularly. As stated in the rules, challenges this time around have been designed to minimize the amount of pokemon battling. They will more often be forum games, puzzles, trivia, and flash games.

Tribal councils will take place immediately after the conclusion of the challenges and will last 24 hours.

Discord is required to play.

This game will run with 18 people. Signups are not first come first serve.

Join by expressing interest in the thread. The game will start any time after sign ups have finished and will have a 24 hour grace period before the first challenge. Come have fun!

survivor promo2.jpg

Signups:
Umbreon
AJ
KoC
Viper
Alore
RODAN
Leet
3p1k
Zorbees
hannah
superstarsrock
ifml
Trace
Flyhn
Wolv
DLE
Jalmont
Aura Guardian
Toni
formerhope (low prio)
airwind (low prio)

Last edited:
Closing signups on Monday 3pm Central, game will start an hour or so after.

Thank you all for the interest and for the fastest signup I've ever seen on Smogon! A reminder that because signups are not first come first serve, so we can't guarantee a spot in the game even if you posted in this thread. If you have a preference to be placed high priority or low priority, PM me on discord and we'll take it into account.

Thanks!

Can I subscribe to some sort of confessional channel? I want to be an involved watcher rather than play I think.
I can figure out a way to set that up, sure.
I trust you to do this but I want to be clear for anyone else who may want to spectate similarly - don't talk to anyone in the game about the game, even if its small talk. nothing about the game. n o t h i n g.
just being clear due to the idol fiasco we had last season...

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Also, I'm interested in setting up pre-game player interviews and doing exit interviews with eliminated players, sort of similar to how press and podcasters interact with the show if that's okay with the hosts/players.

Survivor Bug has bit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)