Survivor Circus Survivor Season 9: Akala (Anonymous) [Game Over, won by Jessica/VigilanteVigoroth!]

ajhockeystar

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Survivor Logo.png

Hey everyone! Seeing as how the last anonymous Survivor went pretty well, it is going to be making a return! And this time, it’s not just me - Whydon is going to be co-hosting with me :D

This time, the castaways are going to be living in the heart of the Lush Jungle on the island of Akala in Alola. But just like last time, and similarly to real Survivor, nobody is going to know any other person’s identity heading into the game.

I do ask that you only sign up for this game if you’re going to remember to check up on your anonymous discord account. Last time there were a few people that forgot to log in and I had to constantly remind them, or they just didn’t and became inactive. Games are more fun when they’re active!

If you weren’t here for the last game and are wondering how it’ll work, each castaway is going to create a new discord account with the name and profile picture we tell them. If you think it'll be too much of a pain switching between your main account and your survivor account, that won't be a problem. If you open up discord in an incognito window in your browser, you are still able to be logged into your main account using the discord app (or in a different window).

Before signing up, I ask you all to read the rules, since this season has different rules than others that don’t have the anonymous mechanic:

(Borrowed/Edited from HeaLnDeaL)
1. Game Basics:
-Don't seek help from people outside of the game. Do not talk to people about the game with people not on your current tribe.
-During the Day phases of the game there will be immunity challenges. Immunity challenges decide who is safe and who has to go to Tribal Council.
-During the Tribal Stage of the game, challenges will be won and lost as a whole tribe. The tribe(s) that lose(s) in the immunity challenge will have to go to Tribal Council and vote someone out.
-During the Individual Stage of the game, challenges will be won and lost by a single person. The winner of the immunity challenge cannot be voted upon, but (s)he will be able to vote.
-Idols and advantages, including but not limited to extra votes, may or may not be hidden in the game and may be rewarded to the first player(s) to find them.
-Idols or advantages may or may not be rehidden after being played.

2. Challenges
-Challenges are the tasks that players or tribes will compete in to win immunity and be safe from Tribal Council. The challenges themselves will all vary and will typically not be very similar to one another.
-At the start of the Day phase, the details of the challenge will be posted.
-During Tribal (Team) challenges, some players may have to sit out some of the challenges (usually to make even teams). Players cannot sit out during two consecutive challenges unless otherwise stated.

3. Tribal Council:
-Tribal Council will occur at the Night phase after the Immunity Challenge. There will be a private vote to see who is eliminated from the game. Votes will take place in your confessional. You may switch your vote a total of three times before the votes are read. This is three times THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE GAME. If you’ve used all three and you try to switch your vote again, you will not be allowed to do so. You can use multiple of these vote changes during one tribal council, so be sure of what you are voting before you submit it! It is ok if you take time to do this, just make sure it isn’t too long and that you submit your votes before the deadline. Voting deadlines are typically 24 hours after the immunity challenge.
-Before you're allowed to vote, the hosts may post questions for you to publicly answer in your tribe's Tribal Council chat.
-The vote total will be revealed to the tribe at the end of the night, but the hosts will not announce who voted for who.
-If any hidden immunity idols are played, all the votes cast against the player who used their the HII will be negated. If a player chooses to play an idol, they cannot undo this action. Players cannot switch their idol target once they've used it on somebody.

-In case of an initial tie, there will be a re-vote where you can only vote for one of the people with the most votes. For example, if there are 3 votes for Player A, 3 votes for Player B, and 1 vote for Player C in a 7 man tribe, you may only vote for Player A or B during the re-vote. Additionally, the players with the most votes in the original vote will not be able to cast a new vote in the revote.
-In case of a second tie, the player who leaves will be determined by a random number generator. The players who tied for the most votes both times will be safe from this tiebreaker. In the previous example, players A and B would be safe, as would any player that has immunity or played an idol correctly.
-Players voted out (aka dead) cannot be communicated with following their removal from the game. There will be absolutely no communication between dead players and alive players regarding the game. This will change when the game reaches its conclusion, but until then, this rule will be strictly enforced.
-At a certain point, those voted out will form the Jury. The Jury is special in that they follow the game in order to vote for a winner at the end of the game.

4. Winning the Game:
-The goal of the game is to reach the Final Tribal Council, which typically occurs with just two or three people left in the game. You cannot win the game unless you make it to the Final Tribal Council.
-At the Final Tribal Council, the remaining players in the game speak to the jury and try to convince the jury that they deserve to win the game.
-Each finalist is allowed to make an opening statement on why they deserve to win the game. Following opening statements, each Jury member is allowed to make either a statement or ask the finalists a question if they choose to. They may say or ask whatever they want. An open and public dialogue may occur, and back-and-forth conversations with many members is encouraged.
-When everyone is done speaking, the jury will vote privately on who wins the game. Whoever gets the most votes wins.

5. Forum/Discord Mechanics:
-A typical phase will go like this: A host will post a challenge and the rules. The challenge will take place over the following day or two. The losing tribe will then go to tribal council where they will vote a person off. Some challenges may be a little different, but this is how a majority of them will go.
-The voting stage will start immediately after a challenge and end within 24 hours or when all votes on the tribe have been cast. Extensions will be rare, so don't expect them.
-Inactive players who fail to vote will place an unconditional and public vote for themselves.
-No impersonating other players. You will be punished if caught.
-There will be a designated discord sever for the game with private channels for the individual tribes. I will make chats for every 1 on 1 combination of players, but to have an alliance chat with 3 or more players you need to make a request in your confessional space. If it's time sensitive and the hosts aren't online, you may temporarily make a discord group outside of the server but you MUST invite the hosts to that. Once any alliance is formed, a new chat/channel has to be created if members are to be added.

6. All Smogon/Circus behavior rules are enforced. Notably, this includes:
-Don't be excessively harsh to other players, hosts, or members of the production team. This includes threats of any sort, which could lead to removal from the game and further forum punishments.
-Don't share screenshots to players inside the game about game related content.

7. Anonymous-Specific Rules:
-You may not, under any circumstance, reveal your identity to anyone in the game. Be careful when sharing information about yourself, as you may reveal too much. No hinting at your identity at all either. You are allowed to create a fake persona though. This may include lying about details about yourself, using a different posting style, and talking differently than you normally do.
-Once again, you may not talk to people outside of the game server. This includes DMing other castaways, and talking to people who aren't in the game about the game. For all you know, you could be talking to another player!
-You may not discuss potential identities with other players at all. This means no "I think you're X" or "I think player A is Y". You may talk about it in your confessionals though!
-You may not reveal your identity after you are voted off. All the identities will be revealed by me at the end of the game. (I might arrange a time for everyone to come online and call while I reveal the identities - it'll be fun!)
-This isn't a hard rule, but please don't try to go out of your way to try and figure out the identities of others. It's against the spirit of this game and it's more fun if you don't.

8. Rules are subject to change upon Host Discretion.

Now for signing up! What you need to do is PM me on Smogon or DM me on Discord with your answers to these questions:

1. What is your familiarity with Survivor/ORGs? (playing/watching)
2. How much time do you intend to devote to this game? Why do you want to play?
3. What are your strengths as a player?
4. What are your weaknesses as a player?
5. What is your time zone?

Note that this is not first come first serve. If we get more players than we intend to have in the game, we will have to cut people.

We intend to have the game start on Wednesday at 7pm EDT, so if you wish to sign up, please do it ideally by Sunday. We will need the rest of the time to give everyone instructions on account making and getting people into the server.

If you wish to spectate this game, you will also need to create an anonymous account, so the players can't rule out people who can't be in the game by looking at the spec list. If you're interested, please shoot me or Whydon a message on Smogon or Discord (We're in the Circus Maximus server!).

Also- No posting in the thread please! I don't want things that might unnecessarily hint at identities being out there if possible.

Last edited:
me 1 year ago said:
I think this was probably my best ever chance to win a game like this, given that it was already tough to get myself in a position to even be near the end, and even then, I figure I'm probably the sort of player that will probably always be out near merge just based off reputation.
oh - guess it's a good thing I don't do anything that relies on making predictions!

Idk I guess I must enjoy playing because for some reason I always say yes when I'm asked. It's not that I don't care, but I realize that the reality of games like these is that it's more fun to play being myself and play without expectations - of winning, doing well, whatever. I've experienced all of it anyways.

I think I had a pretty good time in this game. Contrary to what may be popular belief, I actually did give a shit about this game (c'mon, I'm spending a significant amount of time while working and not working doing dumb stuff like talking to people who don't care about me or playing more challenges that aren't fun or stimulating in the slightest [am I now allowed to complain without sounding too sour since I did well in the game???]). Half-jokes aside, this game definitely had its moments where I had fun. I for sure was invested in it especially once I made the merge. I also finally figured out that the reason I don't like anonymous - the people I am talking to don't feel real. It doesn't feel like I'm talking to real people because we're all playing under the mask. I don't really find that enjoyable, because even as I present who I mostly am, I have no idea who I'm talking to. But even that said, I still found a lot of people I really liked.

Yep, it's that time. I hate to be sour grapes and I really tried to refrain from doing so in the reveal and even now because I really do believe in the things I said/think - the jury can't be wrong, and that the winner should always have their moment. And I'm not mad at jury and I'm definitely not mad at the winner even if it seems that way. But I'll just say how I feel straight up - I probably should've won. Looking at my game from an objective perspective, I deserved to win. I don't think I deserved to win the last time I made it this far and that result was fair. This one...not so much.

Clearly I didn't do something right? Reflecting on it, maybe I was too much of a gamebot, which is funny, because of how much I hate gamebots. Perhaps I didn't explain my game well? Maybe I was subconsciously relying on/hoping that the people that made it close to the end would recognize what I did. I dunno. It's pointless trying to figure out what I did wrong but I guess it just really is something about me. I already said it before, but I would be a 2x winner if you swapped this jury with the other jury. Tough scenes.

Again, I'm not mad at the jury. OK, maybe certain people. I think there are certain behaviors that are shitty and mean and wrong. I think spamming the chat annointing one player is borderline abusive and most definitely disrespectful to other people (not just me). I think it's kind of fucked up that I went out of my way to play the game for someone and try and talk to them and keep them safe which I didn't have to do but I did because I cared and not just because it helped me out and then to have them not even care to try and talk to me in the end. I think it's lame as fuck not to own up to your vote and argue in circles just to try and justify the validity of your opinion. It's lame and denigrating to force people to do extra shit unrelated to the game just for the sake of a vote. Just because you don't fucking care who wins doesn't mean you need to involve others in that. It's disrespectful to the game and the people who didn't make the jury who actually gave a shit about the game. And of course, that shit wasn't cool when it happened on live tv so why would it be anything but lame online?

The hosts were too lax with letting people talk in the chats. People not in the game shouldn't be talking in tribal council. They definitely should not be allowed to give opinions about who to vote at the end while the game is still happening? [Note that I don't believe it actually mattered, I am just pointing out what I think is a mistake to allow which I would do even if I won or benefited.]

There I got it out, I think. So now I can give kudos to where they are deserved and there are definitely people who deserve them. Laurel and Velvet4Sale were probably much better players than me and deserved to go farther. The only reason our train-wreck of a tribe accomplished anything is because of them. I especially feel for Velvet - if I could go back and change the vote, I would send myself home over him instead in a heartbeat. He deserved better.

thanks to those who helped me get to where i got in the game, especially drookez/azelfie/jornsy/rad. special thanks to jornsy, umb, and Ani for voting me even though it was futile in the end. I'm happy that you guys saw something in what I did to deem me worthy of being the winner. Thanks to aj and Whydon for hosting and doing a good job and putting up with my and my fickle moods. shoutouts to shmegg just because (play next time nerd). Thanks to all for playing in a game on this site that's grown into so much more than what it was when I first hosted it.

Congrats Vig - regardless of what I have said above or elsewhere, know that you won this game and you ultimately deserved to win it. You played and won with respect and I have nothing to offer you other than my kudos. You were better than me and everyone else and that's why you won.

good game - time for me to find a life

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)