Survivor Circus Survivor Season VII - And the winner is...

@all of you, What do you think are the top 5 cutest invertebrates? Bonus points if you can provide pictures. Also, would you say you played your game more like a millipede or a centipede? Why?

Oddish. How will you feel being the unanimous jury pick to be the winner of Circus Survivor Season VII: All-Stars? How do you feel about RAD ruining your perfect game with that stray vote?
ajhockeystar How tf did you manage to get those Dunsparce wins? People kept forfeiting on me when I was just about to fulfill one of those objectives and I wanna know the secret.
Hannahh If you had to pick one song to represent this game, what would it be and why?

On a serious note:
ajhockeystar From an objective standpoint, you played this game the hardest, and I believe if I were to factor all emotions out of this decision I would vote for you to win. And yet, I feel hesitant to do so; I feel that you, like the others up here, were very carried by OG, and that while you had some shining moments like with your idol play and your immunity wins, I want to know why you think you could've gotten here without OG. Also, I want to hear a bit about your social game; what did you do to connect with the non-OG members of the jury? Why should I be happier with you winning this game than Oddish, or possibly Hannah?
Oddish. No hard feelings at all, I was less than honest with you in the game myself. That being said, i want to know, do you feel like there was a moment in the game that was your moment? You talk a lot in your opening speech about why you feel you don't deserve to be here, but I want to hear a way in which you believe you can stand up against AJ and Hannah.
Hannahh Do you regret taking AJ to the end of this game, when he's confidently presenting himself to the jury as a strategic and challenge force? Given that you had multiple opportunities earlier in the game to work to eliminate AJ, why did you not? Do you believe that you could've gotten here without him, and how?

And as a general statement for all of you, whoever I vote for and whoever wins, I respect you all. Granted, I absolutely hated the presence of OG dominating the game and I think you all would've been critically endangered without it. Perhaps I've gotten too hot-headed about it over the course of this game, and from a gameplay perspective I stand by that, but I hope you know that I like you all as people and this game has no effect on any of my opinions outside of it n_n

ajhockeystar

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks for posting, I didn't want to clog up this incredibly active FTC with my questions.
ajhockeystar : How many more Pokémon battles would you have done if heal lost your replays?

@all three: How big is your bonk?
Thankfully most of them were ladder matches and not things that required replays. The ones that did require replays though included the Dunsparce battles... Let's go with uh, double what I did. I'd probably go insane before then but who knows.

I've got a pretty big bonk, how big is yours?

ajhockeystar

@all of you, What do you think are the top 5 cutest invertebrates? Bonus points if you can provide pictures. Also, would you say you played your game more like a millipede or a centipede? Why?
I’ll answer the invertebrates question when I have access to a computer.

I’d say I played my game like a millipede. Why? Because if I had a leg for every battle I did for this game, I’d probably be a millipede.

ajhockeystar How tf did you manage to get those Dunsparce wins? People kept forfeiting on me when I was just about to fulfill one of those objectives and I wanna know the secret.
You have no idea how close I got some games. People forfeiting was the bane of my existence. I'm so happy I got my Dunspace wins while doing the 333 - if I had to go over 333 to finish the Dunsparce ones, I would have cried.

ajhockeystar From an objective standpoint, you played this game the hardest, and I believe if I were to factor all emotions out of this decision I would vote for you to win. And yet, I feel hesitant to do so; I feel that you, like the others up here, were very carried by OG, and that while you had some shining moments like with your idol play and your immunity wins, I want to know why you think you could've gotten here without OG. Also, I want to hear a bit about your social game; what did you do to connect with the non-OG members of the jury? Why should I be happier with you winning this game than Oddish, or possibly Hannah?
Why I think I could have gotten here without OG:
I 100% believe I could’ve gotten here without OG. In fact, there was one point in the game where I had the choice between two paths - the F10 vote. It all starts at F12 though, where Josh talked about working with Hannah and I to get to the end. Josh was close with Trace, and Hannah and I were close with Oddish. Going back to F10 - I voted vooper to force a tie. The plan with Josh was to have Hannah flip on the revote, sending voop home and having a 5 way majority alliance between us 3, Trace, and Oddish. The plan would have been for myself to stick with them, but aim for an F3 with myself-Hannah-Oddish still, as any non-OG in F3 would be an (almost) automatic win for them.

Social game outside of OG:
Not gonna lie - I find it difficult to get close with someone if I have plans to stab them soon after. I know that’s because if I was in the others’ position, I’d feel really bad. (See: Hilo - nothing personal, I still think you’re a cool person.) I still did try and connect with some non-og members.

Despite the fact that I found out you were trying to vote me off when we split 6-6, every time I talked to you about our lives, it was honestly genuine - from the swapped Eevee tribe to then, and I do enjoy talking to you. (I was happy to read what you said in your last paragraph lol)

With Azelfie, I honestly did not want to come off as too pushy since I knew he had some irl troubles, and then there was the whole situation with Laurel. I gave him space and I did leave the door open for him to talk to me (I said we could talk if/when he felt like it).

With Hilo, I mostly connected him on the original/swapped Eevee tribe. On the Aaron blindside, Hal wanted to leave him out of the plan, thinking he would have the potential to mess things up, and saying we wouldn’t need him. I talked to him anyways to bring him in on the plan, and got closer with him as a result - I found out he’s a huge survivor fan, and he said we could play smash sometime (I’ll still take you up on that if you’re up for it). Unfortunately the bridge was set on fire once I voted with OG and didn’t let him in on the plan, and burned when I voted him out. I feel the worst about this vote out. You were immune, and I was working with Josh, who was close with Trace and didn’t want him gone, which left 1 option.

I didn’t talk much with Trace outside of game-related things unfortunately. We talked more as the numbers dwindled, but that was about it.

It was an unfortunate situation with Jal. As I said at first, I don’t like getting close with people then backstabbing them immediately. The first time I was on a tribe with Jal was the merge, and our first target was Jal. Once the 6-6 split happened, he was voted out, which didn’t leave much time for us to talk. To answer the chosen juror question though, Jal was my choice. I chose him since he said during the final puzzle challenge that his vote was undecided, and because I didn’t get to talk to him much during the game. 15 minutes isn’t much, but I hoped I could show him I actually do care despite our limited talk during the game.

Be happier with me winning than the other two:
Imagine in a future season, you're in a similar position to me. You're coming off a few straight immunity wins, you had a successful idol play, and you brought to the final 3 someone who tried to quit the game and someone who doesn't think they deserve to be in f3. Both of them needed the deadline to be extended to submit their FTC speeches too (true story... big smh to Hannah who was playing evades last night, not studying for finals). And when the jury starts asking questions, they start saying things like "Hannah/Bianca won the last season, so I think it's fair to award the victory to someone with a similar game this time". You put everything into the game, and feel cheated that you're about to lose. You said it yourself, you objectively think you would vote for me to win if you factored out emotion. Voting for me helps set precedent for the future - you know that if you, or anyone else, are in a similar position in a future game, you can look back on this game and see that you played a game worthy of winning.

Oddish. Hannahh

So do either of you want to win the game or nah?
I mean, not that I necessarily don't want to, more that I think I don't deserve it.
which would be better at tapdancing, a centipede or millipede?
Oh boy this is difficult. I guess you could argue that a millipede would be, because it has more legs, but i think they would both be pretty good? A millipede legs are smaller though, and with so many, it may be more inclined to slip up though? And its legs feel not as flexible, I guess? Millipedes are cuter though so I'lll give them that. Rolly boys.
Oddish. : How many knives from your collection are you willing to use on the jurors to ensure their votes?
@all three: How big is your bonk?
http://i.imgur.com/XGe4iGy.jpgMost of these. I wouldn't use the blue one on the far right because it's pretty crappy tbh. I also don't think I'd use the kunai. Like yeah it would hurt to get stabbed by it but it's not really a stabbing knife? Like probably not great for continuous stabbing. I also think I'd have to leabe my iridescent one out, because lately the blade itself has become like, loose or something (it doesn't open up and lock into place like it should) meaning that it wouldn't be optimal for stabbing. I'm worried the blade would like, constantly shift. I think the bronze-ish one in the middle could do quite a bit of damage, and i haven't used it yet so i may be inclined to use it most, or at least try it out first. But I'm all for maybe alternating depending on the person and what I'm trying to do. The knife on the far left was my first and I think I'd find some way to include it. Not included in the picture, but i also have a throwing card. It's made of metal and i haven't learned to use it yet, so i suppose this would be good practice?
2. Big enough to wear around my neck like a scarf

Umbreon said:
Oddish. How will you feel being the unanimous jury pick to be the winner of Circus Survivor Season VII: All-Stars? How do you feel about RAD ruining your perfect game with that stray vote?
Huh??? Where did that come from? I mean, I'm flattered if that is the case, but I'd also be confused lol. As for the rad vote, i don't really mind. I actually kinda forgot about it until you brought it up again lol.
Umbreon said:
Oddish. No hard feelings at all, I was less than honest with you in the game myself. That being said, i want to know, do you feel like there was a moment in the game that was your moment? You talk a lot in your opening speech about why you feel you don't deserve to be here, but I want to hear a way in which you believe you can stand up against AJ and Hannah.
Ah...these are probably weak answers and idk if they even count, but i was wayyyy too proud of the fact that I figured out the easy phrase all the way back then lol. I know it was, well, the easy phrase, and a pretty recognizable song but i don't generally consider myself a person who's quick to pick up on things so i was happy when i got it! I was also proud of how much time and work i put into the scavenger hunt. Even though we ended up losing anyway, I really tried my best. I physically hurt myself over that challenge lol.

Will answer the invertebrate question after i think about it a little more! And gather pictures

The most amusing part about this season for me is that there were actually plenty of opportunities to avoid this outcome...like nothing was a foregone conclusion. I guess Josh quitting really completes his arc having made a wrong decision almost every time at a lot of crucial votes...no offense to Josh (and it's not just on him). But like you have to think...what if azelfie doesn't play that idol on rssp (I still don't really understand why laurel was so threatening)? What if I think aj gets voted out instead of Mikaav? What if hannah goes when the vote split was super obvious?

I think the trick to these games is you always have to separate the people who are most likely to work together. The first season aj played we voted out his buddy asap and that really killed his momentum and kept him on the outs. It's inevitable that people work with the people they like and that is exacerbated in survivor where there is no win condition forcing you to work with people you may not necessarily have thought to work with.

Which is really too bad. My hope one day is that I will play in a survivor where I become allies with someone I don't know too well from anything and we go far together. That's tough because it requires putting in effort to be social and that's already tough for me + my days of super caring about online games seems to be coming to a close. Alas.

I think if I had to do it again what would I have done? Hm. The first vote was good. Keeping Laurel in would've been good too but I think that vote it was probably out of my hands. Obviously in hindsight and I think zelfie would agree letting rssp go was the best play there. After that I was dead in the water on my new tribe. I think I played in right though but me and Inferno were never getting out without an idol (and idols are still game breaking btw). The merge was GG. So I guess if anything, I should've been more proactive on my original tribe to keep people together and alert them of the potential threat. But I was going through a tough time then so it really wasn't a priority of mine. Big shame that, but oh well.

This game had too many idols. I still think idols are really dumb but I guess they're necessary especially for an online format? I don't know. I also think the twists were uh how do I put this politely? Let's just leave it at I had and have a negative opinion of them.

Overall rankings: 1 > 4 > 5=6 > 3 > 2

Seems like the first CAP Survivor was pretty fire but I have no idea how it even ended and it was impossible to follow them so I just leave them out because I can't really have an opinion. I'm not really sure what happened in 5 or 6 so I'm probably being unfair there but deal with it. Heh. 3 should've been split into two games. I still can't believe no one followed that suggestion. The playerlist was so fire and it was wasted. Saved by good ending tho. 2 was terrible and it suffered from me checking out from hosting it so I take full ownership of that one.

I don't have anything else to say about this game. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. I actually don't know although I can guess. I'm assuming most people have their minds made up from not talking? It's a little disappointing of an ending but that's life for you.

TL;DR join alias mafia please!

ajhockeystar

The most amusing part about this season for me is that there were actually plenty of opportunities to avoid this outcome...like nothing was a foregone conclusion. I guess Josh quitting really completes his arc having made a wrong decision almost every time at a lot of crucial votes...no offense to Josh (and it's not just on him). But like you have to think...what if azelfie doesn't play that idol on rssp (I still don't really understand why laurel was so threatening)? What if I think aj gets voted out instead of Mikaav? What if hannah goes when the vote split was super obvious?

I think the trick to these games is you always have to separate the people who are most likely to work together. The first season aj played we voted out his buddy asap and that really killed his momentum and kept him on the outs. It's inevitable that people work with the people they like and that is exacerbated in survivor where there is no win condition forcing you to work with people you may not necessarily have thought to work with.

Which is really too bad. My hope one day is that I will play in a survivor where I become allies with someone I don't know too well from anything and we go far together. That's tough because it requires putting in effort to be social and that's already tough for me + my days of super caring about online games seems to be coming to a close. Alas.

I think if I had to do it again what would I have done? Hm. The first vote was good. Keeping Laurel in would've been good too but I think that vote it was probably out of my hands. Obviously in hindsight and I think zelfie would agree letting rssp go was the best play there. After that I was dead in the water on my new tribe. I think I played in right though but me and Inferno were never getting out without an idol (and idols are still game breaking btw). The merge was GG. So I guess if anything, I should've been more proactive on my original tribe to keep people together and alert them of the potential threat. But I was going through a tough time then so it really wasn't a priority of mine. Big shame that, but oh well.

This game had too many idols. I still think idols are really dumb but I guess they're necessary especially for an online format? I don't know. I also think the twists were uh how do I put this politely? Let's just leave it at I had and have a negative opinion of them.

Overall rankings: 1 > 4 > 5=6 > 3 > 2

Seems like the first CAP Survivor was pretty fire but I have no idea how it even ended and it was impossible to follow them so I just leave them out because I can't really have an opinion. I'm not really sure what happened in 5 or 6 so I'm probably being unfair there but deal with it. Heh. 3 should've been split into two games. I still can't believe no one followed that suggestion. The playerlist was so fire and it was wasted. Saved by good ending tho. 2 was terrible and it suffered from me checking out from hosting it so I take full ownership of that one.

I don't have anything else to say about this game. Will be interesting to see how it turns out. I actually don't know although I can guess. I'm assuming most people have their minds made up from not talking? It's a little disappointing of an ending but that's life for you.

TL;DR join alias mafia please!
There's something funny that I discussed with Hannah and Oddish earlier this game. Who was the biggest reason that OG stuck together? Hal. If not for him, I legitimately think people would have done their own thing moreso. Hannah and I were talking to Josh, RAD was branching out, viper had Umb/Zelfie, but hal always campaigned to keep us together. Well, all the way back at the first challenge with the maze, hal was at Disney, and when it was his turn for the maze he was supposed to check for one wall breaking then purposely step into a trap to end his run. Well, he didn't understand what we told him since he was busy and told heal "yeah just end my run" and took 100 steps instead of the 15 that he was supposed to. Not to mention he wasn't talking to people otherwise and making alliances either, so people were not happy with him.

As a result when tribal council came around, he was the name being brought up, and vooper and I couldn't do much about the fact that he was the almost unanimous choice to go. Then, RODAN came along, who I think was one of the few to make an alliance with hal. He also thought people wouldn't like hal as the game went on, so he'd be good to keep around. He campaigned for Wob to go, and then the unanimous vote happened. If hal got voted out first, this game would be 10000% different.

TL;DR: Blame RODAN for OG ruining this game.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
@ all 3

1 Q

Who do you think you could have lost to here if they made F3

also @heal/whydon

what challenges were cut because of people leaving just out of curiosity

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So honest question, do people actually enjoy these games? Because I dont think there was a single point in this game that I had fun. I am sure as hell never joining something like this again. Pregame relationships, people not playing the game, and on the challenge side they were almost all either bad concepts or bad executions imo (no slight to hosts).

I dont have a jury vote but if I did I wouldnt want to vote anyways so I dont really care.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I guess Josh quitting really completes his arc having made a wrong decision almost every time at a lot of crucial votes...no offense to Josh
I was not going to join this game. I literally only joined because Hannah and AJ proposed a pregame F3, following 7DS. And to avoid insults, when it became clear they were lying to me about many things, I had 0 interest left. We play these games for fun, not out of obligation, so I saw no reason to continue. So you can say I misplayed- sure, I had a very easy path to f3 if I played differently. But because of that deal, and because that was the only reason I joined the game, that wasnt how I played. If this was for a million dollars obviously it would be different, but theres no prize here.

I'm going to yeet myself out of this thread now because I dont really care about this game enough to get worked up. Jurors, no need to respond, this wasnt a question and I dont have a jury vote.

ajhockeystar

@all of you, What do you think are the top 5 cutest invertebrates?
#5:

Starfish are adorable since they can't do anything wrong. Also shoutouts to Patrick.

#4:

I never thought slugs could be this cute tbh, this is adorable!

#3:

Shoutouts to Durant, which is less cute but still pretty cool.

#2:

Butterflies can not only be cute, but also super mesmerizing to look at.

#1:

Aren't snails adorable? Especially when they're eating cucumbers :D

ajhockeystar

@ all 3

1 Q

Who do you think you could have lost to here if they made F3

also @heal/whydon

what challenges were cut because of people leaving just out of curiosity
I think if Hannah/Bianca were replaced with a non-og member, I would just lose, since that person would be heavily credited with making it to the end despite the OG majority. If it was me/non-og/non-og, in theory I would win since the non-og votes would be split and og would vote for me, but to get to this position I'd probably have to stab og people (unless I got outnumbered and went on an immunity run). So basically what I'm saying is the only way I'd have a good shot at winning is being here with two other og members. Of the rest of them, I feel like the one that would give me the most trouble is vooper, because he is close with you/Umbreon and also leaked the vote early on, which is at least some form of working with you guys. RAD would be a tough opponent as well, but I'm not sure if I would lose to him. I'd lean towards losing though, since I feel like he didn't upset people as much as I did.

ajhockeystar excellent job with the invertebrate pictures! And good job appealing to the emotion that drives me most - the fear of being screwed out of something I worked hard for. It's gonna be pretty hard to beat you unless Hannah and Oddish choose better invertebrates.

Oh and uhhhhh formal apologies for after the game ends if you read my confessionals, ngl there's a fair bit of misdirected anger going in your direction and that doesn't represent my out of game opinion of you.

ajhockeystar

ajhockeystar excellent job with the invertebrate pictures! And good job appealing to the emotion that drives me most - the fear of being screwed out of something I worked hard for. It's gonna be pretty hard to beat you unless Hannah and Oddish choose better invertebrates.

Oh and uhhhhh formal apologies for after the game ends if you read my confessionals, ngl there's a fair bit of misdirected anger going in your direction and that doesn't represent my out of game opinion of you.
It's alright, I'm sure I'd be pretty frustrated if I was in your position too haha

Imagine complaining about pregame alliances when the only reason you signed up to play was because of a pregame alliance??? Would that mean you're complaining about yourself?

"I don't care about this game that's why I needed to make a post shitting on people for liking something that I don't like. And if I did care about this game I would've easily won just to let everyone know!" Come on.

For what it's worth I enjoyed working with josh during the merge and thought we all had a good working relationship. I certainly wouldn't have guessed then that he was only in it to get f3 with aj and hannah but well played to him. Definitely fooled me but maybe that's not much of an accomplishment these days :/

On a final note I wonder if Heal's going to blow up Josh's pms for complaining about challenges like he did mine (joke!).

Yeah also I don’t know what josh did but I’m not aware of any agreement between OG people before the game

Although it was kind of implied once the game started and we saw the playerlist

@all 3:
1) you have to pick one member on the jury to argue for you to win. Who do you choose as your champion, and why?
2) why do you think sally made the business decisions to sell seashells on the seashore? Wouldn't it make sense to do so literally anywhere else?
3) If a hyena came through camp... and he ate our mush... and then after he ate it if he turned around and licked his hind end... did he do it because that was the animal instinct? Or because it wanted to get the taste of the mush out of his mouth?"

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
zzz

ajhockeystar Hannahh Oddish.

rssp1 JALMONT Hilomilo Take Azelfie EpicUmbreon29 trace vooper 3P1K

Try to be lively please. This is probably more directed at the finalists, though it applies to a few jurors as well.

As a sidenote, I've obtained some logs regarding the pregaming described. In general I'm quite disappointed that it happened, and I have proof that some people have been at least slightly dishonest with me as I tried to conduct my Mueller report, but the holy rule that sitting finalists cannot be prosecuted is preventing me from suggesting to charge them with crimes of pregaming. As soon as the finalists stand up and are no longer sitting, I might be able to change my mind though :eyes:

Josh has clearly pregamed and isn't a finalist though, so he may go to jail for his boss's sins. He is sentenced to rice jail, where he will have to grow and harvest the rice for all players in future seasons of circus survivor.

Your attorney general Whydon will be releasing a 4 sentence summary of my report sometime this weekend, and a redacted version of the full report should be revealed by Whydon sometime next week. I will send Whydon a very stern letter when I don't agree with how he frames my conclusions in his 4 sentence summary, but I won't do any other actions after that because why bother.

Asek

Banned deucer.
i mean if people know each other out of the game even if they dont conspire to ally amongst themselves before the game i think its inevitable they will once the game starts

ajhockeystar

@all 3:
1) you have to pick one member on the jury to argue for you to win. Who do you choose as your champion, and why?
2) why do you think sally made the business decisions to sell seashells on the seashore? Wouldn't it make sense to do so literally anywhere else?
3) If a hyena came through camp... and he ate our mush... and then after he ate it if he turned around and licked his hind end... did he do it because that was the animal instinct? Or because it wanted to get the taste of the mush out of his mouth?"
1) I mean hal is my champion, but he's not on the jury, so I'm gonna have to go with you. With the power of Rufflets, you would be a great champion. (Not to mention I know how well you argued for ODM to win the talent show, so I think you could use those amazing skills to convince others I could win.)

2) Sally was looking at the bigger picture. She knew that by doing it on the seashore and not anywhere else, she would become famous one day. And look where it's brought her. "She sells sea shells by the seashore". Everyone knows it. "She sells sea shells by the house". It just doesn't have the same ring to it, ya know? Sally is the personification of a giant brain; she was looking ahead.

3) Yes

Discussion seems pretty dead so I'm just going to end FTC here. Hannahh ajhockeystar Oddish. I'll allow you to make a last-minute plea to the jurors in hopes that you can convince them to vote for you. Please try to limit it to 500 words at most, and feel free to post it here whenever you want to.

Jurors, if you still want to say anything to the finalists, feel free to post here. Just know that your vote will be due after 48 hours.

rssp1 JALMONT Hilomilo Take Azelfie EpicUmbreon29 trace vooper 3P1K voting is now open. Once you've decided who you're going to vote for, submit it in your confessional chats in the Discord server. You will be writing your vote on a parchment, just as you've been doing for the entire season. Remember, you are voting for a WINNER. The name on your parchment when you submit your vote should be the name of the person you want to see win this season.

I'll keep voting open for a couple of days but if we get all of the votes before that we'll announce the winner sooner. Deadline is Monday, May 13, 1PM EST.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)