Survivor Circus Survivor Season VII - And the winner is...

Well, I feel like I need to make an obligatory winner’s post so... here I go. First of all I wanna say thanks to everyone who voted for me! 3P1K rssp1 JALMONT EpicUmbreon29 it really means a lot after how much I put into this game. Also thanks to my allies throughout the game, and even everyone else I played against. This game definitely has its weird moments, but overall I still had fun. Shoutouts to the hosts Whydon HeaLnDeaL, there was so much drama that you guys had to deal with and props to you guys for handling it all. I’m sorry if I upset any of you this game - nothing was personal, and with the whole OG fiasco it was harder to keep people not-mad at me compared to last game. Either way, ggs, and I hope to see you all next game!
because you didn't do it, i'm going to do it for you.
AHEM. In place of AJ, I, RADicate, dedicate this survivor win, to cool user Drookez. Thank you.

Aaronboyer

Something Worth Fighting For
is a Contributor to Smogon
Okay so two things I want to briefly say before I get to the meet of this post. First of all is congratulations to AJ for winning this season. I think a lot of people recognized him as a potential candidate to win the season very early on and yet he managed to stay alive by doing considerably well in challenges and making correct alliances (although yeah he wasn't any social guru.) Second of all I want to thank HealnDeal and Whydon for not only hosting this season of Survivor, but allowing me to participate in an all-star season despite not having all-star results from Survivor FFF.

Now I'm glad I can finally use this post to get this off my chest. I thought this season was an absolutely horrendous season of Survivor for multiple reasons. First, I'd like to say that while HealnDeal and Whydon were kind enough to ask me if I wanted to play this season, in hindsight I really wish they didn't, because this season was an absolute bloodbath in terms of pre-existing alliances, friendships, and enemies. These are things I didn't get to really experience my first time around playing in Survivor FFF because I was eliminated so early. I really wish they (the hosts) would have been able to see far enough ahead where they would say "We'd love to have you on another season but bc next season is going to be an all-star season, we'd recommend you'd wait a season." or something along those lines. I can't remember which host said this to me after I was blindsided this season, but one of them said if you knew AJ / Vooper / Hal was an alliance from a previous season you could have saved yourself. And that's 100% true. But I don't really think I should have to do all that research (Remember this game is not for a million dollars). I wish people would have played with less emotional attachment and with less focus around pre-existing alliances. I feel like that really ruined this season compared to irl TV Survivor All-Stars) Emotional attachment also almost ruined AJ from winning this season. Seriously AJ put the most time and effort into playing this game, he deserved to win imo.

Second, I'm extremely conflicted with signing up for another season of Survivor and here's why. Generally speaking, contestants who have appeared in multiple previous seasons are automatically assumed to be much more of a threat in the game and are more likely to get voted out early. I've already been voted out pre-Tribe Swap both seasons I appeared on. There was also a general sense of apathy from a huge minority of players on both seasons I was given the opportunity to participate in. (I would even go as far as to say 25-40%) And yet a lot of them made it further on in the game than I did. People can come to their own conclusions on whether being at the forefront or taking a bit of a backseat in the game is a better strategy, I just don't feel like either playstyle should be discredited. I also haven't gotten to play in a single Pokemon battling related challenge yet. Putting ZU mod / council on my original Survivor FFF application and for ZU related challenges to come up after I'm eliminated is like a total slap to the face by the hosts and I wish they would be more sensitive to that kind of thing for contestants who play XYZ metas, even if it wasn't necessarily intentional (if that makes any sense.)

Lastly, have the hosts considered taking greater action against those who quit in the midst of a season of Survivor. I know in bigger Smogon team-related tournaments those who choose to quit after being drafted or being selected for their team can receive a ban from the follow-up season. Has this been something the hosts have considered?

Overall I liked Survivor FFF over Survivor All-Stars because I felt like I had control in Survivor FFF. This season I felt like an absolute sheep and by the time I finally realized it and tried to do something about it, there was nothing I could really do because I didn't have the connections pretty much every other contestant had. It didn't help that Cleo got voted off before I did, Energy got voted off when I did, and Inferno got voted off because he tried to make a strategic move with me too that wasn't able to be pulled off. idk, my feelings about this season are totally mixed and I wish I could have actually participated in a season where I didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Okay so two things I want to briefly say before I get to the meet of this post. First of all is congratulations to AJ for winning this season. I think a lot of people recognized him as a potential candidate to win the season very early on and yet he managed to stay alive by doing considerably well in challenges and making correct alliances (although yeah he wasn't any social guru.) Second of all I want to thank HealnDeal and Whydon for not only hosting this season of Survivor, but allowing me to participate in an all-star season despite not having all-star results from Survivor FFF.

Now I'm glad I can finally use this post to get this off my chest. I thought this season was an absolutely horrendous season of Survivor for multiple reasons. First, I'd like to say that while HealnDeal and Whydon were kind enough to ask me if I wanted to play this season, in hindsight I really wish they didn't, because this season was an absolute bloodbath in terms of pre-existing alliances, friendships, and enemies. These are things I didn't get to really experience my first time around playing in Survivor FFF because I was eliminated so early. I really wish they (the hosts) would have been able to see far enough ahead where they would say "We'd love to have you on another season but bc next season is going to be an all-star season, we'd recommend you'd wait a season." or something along those lines. I can't remember which host said this to me after I was blindsided this season, but one of them said if you knew AJ / Vooper / Hal was an alliance from a previous season you could have saved yourself. And that's 100% true. But I don't really think I should have to do all that research (Remember this game is not for a million dollars). I wish people would have played with less emotional attachment and with less focus around pre-existing alliances. I feel like that really ruined this season compared to irl TV Survivor All-Stars) Emotional attachment also almost ruined AJ from winning this season. Seriously AJ put the most time and effort into playing this game, he deserved to win imo.

Second, I'm extremely conflicted with signing up for another season of Survivor and here's why. Generally speaking, contestants who have appeared in multiple previous seasons are automatically assumed to be much more of a threat in the game and are more likely to get voted out early. I've already been voted out pre-Tribe Swap both seasons I appeared on. There was also a general sense of apathy from a huge minority of players on both seasons I was given the opportunity to participate in. (I would even go as far as to say 25-40%) And yet a lot of them made it further on in the game than I did. People can come to their own conclusions on whether being at the forefront or taking a bit of a backseat in the game is a better strategy, I just don't feel like either playstyle should be discredited. I also haven't gotten to play in a single Pokemon battling related challenge yet. Putting ZU mod / council on my original Survivor FFF application and for ZU related challenges to come up after I'm eliminated is like a total slap to the face by the hosts and I wish they would be more sensitive to that kind of thing for contestants who play XYZ metas, even if it wasn't necessarily intentional (if that makes any sense.)

Lastly, have the hosts considered taking greater action against those who quit in the midst of a season of Survivor. I know in bigger Smogon team-related tournaments those who choose to quit after being drafted or being selected for their team can receive a ban from the follow-up season. Has this been something the hosts have considered?

Overall I liked Survivor FFF over Survivor All-Stars because I felt like I had control in Survivor FFF. This season I felt like an absolute sheep and by the time I finally realized it and tried to do something about it, there was nothing I could really do because I didn't have the connections pretty much every other contestant had. It didn't help that Cleo got voted off before I did, Energy got voted off when I did, and Inferno got voted off because he tried to make a strategic move with me too that wasn't able to be pulled off. idk, my feelings about this season are totally mixed and I wish I could have actually participated in a season where I didn't feel like I was at a disadvantage.
Honestly, if you enjoyed FFF and didn't enjoy this and you're conflicted about playing on... Just play again dude. FFF was fun, this season was not. FFF was specifically cast in a way to prevent mega alliances. This season had odd group. FFF had a few aggressive game players but people still respected each other inside and outside of the game... Not sure I can say the same for this season.

This season sucked, we all know it did. If you're someone who came into this season not even wanting to play, then do us all a favor and don't play again. But you (aaron) were a first tribe boot in FFF and got quite a bit further this game. You were chosen as an all star because even if you were voted early, you played well, found andidol, and built good relationships. You were also chosen in hopes that you could be a piece to break up the AJ-Hannah-rssp1-hall-vooper-etc super alliance that we knew existed. Sadly, that didn't work out and more people stuck with those in the big alliance instead.

If you like survivor, play again. Don't worry about being seen as a threat just because you played twice. You can also consider playing a game off of smogon (and if you're someone in this boat, hit me or Flyhn up and I'll let you know about some ORGs.)

Take care aaron, you were great, and I hope you keep having fun no matter what you do.

Regarding not casting people who've quit before, yes it's been considered a ton. I can't speak for other hosts, but it has a huge impact on my preferences, but if someone who's quit before shows they have a change and want to play again and play hard, it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility for them to be banned forever. A one season ban seems reasonable imo, but I know there's other survivor hosts that like to cast their own way (and I had to deal with casting opinion differences even in this season).

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
zorbs, yes, edgic is used to analyze editing and there is no editing in live orgs. However, there's a history of non smogon ORGs using a pseudo-edgic system that basically says how active players are. No, it is not "real" edgic, yes we know all know it's not real edgic. But it's still fun to do and it more or less just shows how people are involved and how others perceive them. I'm not the first one who's done it, I won't be the last one. It's less used to piece together a cohesive message about editing logic and is more about "how many confessionals did x play give or how much did they talk with allies and what was the tone of ALL their content in a given episode."

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)