Other Civilization V

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Lightwolf

We're gonna be playing some Civ 5 using Giant Multiplayer Robot. Please watch the how-to and follow its instructions if you are gonna sign up. We're gonna be doing 8 players at first. There's been some concern about people dragging this out and not taking their turn, but there is a Turn Timer feature and I think it should be set to 24 hours. Hopefully if this works we can do some 12 player games in the future, big games are awesome. To sign up just post and list your most updated version of Civ 5 (Vanilla, Gods and Kinds, Gold, Brave New World). If you have a newer DLC but would be willing to do dial back for others, please say so.

Rodan has an irc #civ might want to discuss game modes there

I only have Vanilla sadly.

Last edited:
I'd like to join in, running Gods & Kings. That app is pretty awesome!

Edit: Also, can people with Vanilla play with those from Gods & Kings? It seems like the only difference is Civs available, versus BNW, which introduces different mechanics...

Last edited:

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
It blows my mind that somewhere out there are people so pedantic that they'd not only need to state a negative opinion (a bad one too, what with hexes and unit stacking) in a thread where people are just trying to play, but they'd need to make sure it was stated twice. With the exact same post. Within three minutes of each other. And then someone needed to like both posts.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
So...

Playing Gods and Kings

1. Rodan
2. Bad Ass
3. Walrein
4. Yoshi King
5. doomvm
6. HD
7. Aura Guardian
8. Thorns

Send your steam ids to Rodan as he seems to know the basic rules enough to make a game mode not stupid. Just make sure to only enable G&K and to have a turn timer.

Steam ID sent. Hopefully my timezone won't mess everything up for everybody else. When the game starts, should we continue conversation here or will an actual game thread be started?

Actually, shoot a PM my way so I know you're active and can send you a link that invites you.

Also, maybe discuss what DLC you have, so I can know what to turn on. Because right now, it's disabled.

Last edited:
Now that the game is underway, I did want to apologize to everyone because it would appear I'm on a vastly different time schedule and therefore will be playing my turns late/holding the game up. Sincere apologies for this, everyone.

Nah, Thorns is, too. So if we're ever mad at one of you, we have to be mad at both of you, and mad at 25% of the players is not practical, IMO. Also, my apologies for setting the pace to standard instead of quick.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
If anyone wants to form some sort of makeshift alliance, hit me up on IRC. I've spawned in a decent location and am willing to trade when I meet people.

Hey everyone, sorry for my skipped turn and the delays it may have caused for the game. I was at a wedding and then climbing Mt. Fuji, and had forgotten to post that (which is totally my bad).

Out of curiousity, what happens when a turn is skipped? Does the computer play for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)