Classic Reworked 8p (GAME OVER: Mafia + Executioner Win!!)

PLEASE READ ALL RULES. THERE ARE IMPORTANT CHANGES

Just a review of the OC elements and the corresponding rules:
1: All communication must be on Smogon PM and I must be added to all communications- this is so I can effectively monitor all conversations to make sure they follow the following rules
2: Town members cannot communicate with anyone at night, but they can message people one on one and only one on one during the day with anyone regardless of faction
3: Mafia members can communicate only as a whole group during the night, and during the day they can talk one on one with anyone regardless of faction
4: Executioner and Jester all follow the same rules as the Town
5: No one can talk in the thread at night

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread is allowed as per the rules above
  3. You may not quote private communication at any time, real or fabricated. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum PMs or contrary to the rules listed
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours please PM let me, the host, know.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players at my own discretion.
  6. If a 10 or 12 player setup is used and there were 11 or 13 people signed up, the extra person will be the first replacement
Deadlines
  1. Deadlines for this game will be 3 days for Day Phases and 2 for Night Phases
  2. Players may request an early end to the Night Phase by PM'ing me. Night will be cut short if all players request it.
  3. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  4. If you have a role with a Night action or Day action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline, it will automatically result in a No Lynch
  2. If there's a tie, it will also result in a No Lynch
  3. I am still in school, so I may not notice hammers for multiple hours after they happen, so please take it upon yourselves to stop conversation in the thread. Outside conversations all stop until I announce night has started. I will try to be as prompt as possible, but please have patience
  4. Votes must be bolded to be counted .
  5. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes, but please unbold your previous lynch
  6. No Lynch is an option, but remember a lack of majority will do this for you
  7. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
  8. Dead people can only talk in the dead chat allotted for the phase. There will be more rules about this later.
Miscellaneous
  1. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.

Jailor - Town - Once during the day, you may pick someone to interrogate during the night. A thread will be created during the night between them and me. They will not be able to talk with anyone else and will be unable to take their action. You may give me a list of 3 questions to ask them. Your questions can be anything you want, even "What is your Role?" (Warning: Prisoners do not have to answer truthfully). I will give you their answers and you may choose to execute them. If you execute them, they will die regardless of their defense. You have 2 executions, but if you execute a town member, you lose all of them.

Cop (Alignment) - Town - You can investigate 1 person each night. You will learn if they are Town or Mafia. The Executioner/Jester and Godfather show up as Town

Doctor - Town - You may heal one person each night. This will save them from a Mafia attack, but not a Jailer execution or a Jester haunt. You may heal yourself, but only once.

Medium - Town - You may speak to the dead at night - you will be part of their Night Dead Chat. They may speak with you freely about everything they know from the game. Once you are dead, you may choose to seance with one living person once - a thread will be created with them for the night. This does not stop any other communications they may have.

Godfather - Mafia - Leader of the mafia. You help to choose the mafia night kill. To the Cop, you are a member of the town.

Mafia Roleblocker- Mafia - a Member of the Mafia. You help to choose the mafia night kill. You may pick one person each night to roleblock, and they cannot perform their night action. This will not stop a Jailor from jailing, but it will stop them from executing. If you are the last remaining mafia member, you will become a Mafioso. You cannot be roleblocked. If the Godfather is roleblocked and you are still alive you will perform the kill

Executioner - Neutral - You will receive a target that is Town but not the Jailor. Your job is to get them lynched at all costs - if they are lynched, you win, no matter what happens after that. You have simple night immunity, meaning the only way for you to die at night is to be executed by the Jailor. You can be lynched during the day. If someone tries to kill you that can't bypass your defense, they will be sent a note saying your defense was too high to kill. If your target dies at night, you become a Jester. To the Cop, you are a member of the Town

Roleblocker - Town - You may pick one person each night to roleblock, and they cannot perform their night action. You cannot be roleblocked

Roles People Might Become

Mafioso - Mafia - You are a member of the Mafia. You help to choose the mafia night kill.

Jester - Neutral - Your goal is to be lynched at all costs. If you do, you win and may choose to haunt someone who voted for you the night after. This will kill them, regardless of faction or defense. To the Cop, you are a member of the Town

Other important Information:
At the start of the day, the deaths will be announced along with how they died (killed by Mafia , executed by Jailor,), their role will be announced, and their Last Will will be released

Last Wills: You may write a last will to be released upon your death. This will be your first post in your Role PM + Action PM and can be edited up until the moment you receive notice of your death. I am trusting you not to edit it after that. If I figure out you did, I will not include you in dead chat and will not release your will. Anything may be included in your will - results, speculations, etc. If you are Mafia, DO NOT INCLUDE THE OTHER MEMBER OF THE MAFIA IN YOUR WILL. THAT IS GAMETHROWING.

Dead Chats: When you die, you will be added to both dead chats. One dead chat is the Day Dead Chat and once is the Night Dead Chat. The Night Dead Chat will also include the Medium. Remember, the Medium is a member of the Town, so if you are dead Mafia, be careful what you say. Tricking the Medium(s) is allowed and encouraged. Do not speak in the Day Dead Chat during the Night or Visa Versa.

Jailor-Mafia Interactions: If the Jailor jails a member of the mafia, the rest of the mafia will be notified that a member of the mafia is jailed and who it is. The jailed mafia member MAY NOT IN ANY CASE talk in the mafia night chat.

Win Conditions: Town wins when all Mafia are dead. Mafia wins when they outnumber the town. Executioner wins as long as his target was lynched or his target died at night and he got lynched

Last edited:
Confirmation Stage
Please confirm in this thread as soon as you can so that I know you are ready to start the game. All you need to do is to post literally anything in this thread. Confirmation will end when everyone has confirmed or 7/8 people have and 24 hours have passed. I will be sending out role PMs shortly.

Tagging everyone to confirm
Duskfall98
Former Hope
Nuxl
JALMONT
leonard (from big bang theory)
OM room
MoodyCloud
vooper

If you still want to join this game but missed signups, please PM me as subs are always welcome. You may now post

Last edited:

Nuxl

new message from your psychologist
is a Community Contributor
ignoring the “strategy discussion” in signups….

ok so plan is simple. the game starts as 5-1-2 which means we start in perpetual mylo meaning if we mislynch we basically lose because of the fact that exe has no incentive to side with us. as such, we as town must lynch correctly d1 or we probably lose! we’re lucky scum didn’t get a NK or else town would probably have been fucked as mafia basically has the equivalent of daytalk and thus could hammer off of two miscalculated votes.

fortunately, we could clear the game the hard way(lol @ playing NOC lmfaaooo) or the easy way…..

that way is to claim your role!
however, pubclaiming is especially bad because scum could use that info to manipulate their own claims. so as such, i want everyone to pm their role to me.

this is not only optimal because scum can’t manipulate their own claims based on the info they don’t have,
if you’re town that doesn’t share a claim you’re literally now conftown so gj!
if you’re town and you’re not claiming/being honest, you kinda hurt the game for town because you become a POE target which sucks; and remember one mislynch loses the game lmfao so do your best to not be that mislynch!

P.S: if exe claims with their own target, i will do my best to help them get their target provided they assist town in lynching mafia d1 and d3. this requires absolute trust because exe/jester could easily side with mafia here but i would hope that if town gives exe/jester their wincon they use this to help out the alignment that helped them! this would be okay because it means the game becomes the equivalent of 6-2, which means we have 2 mislynches until loss!

i will use this to sort info and then i will discuss this with, presumably, the other conftown members what our course of action will be.

this wont be as easy as lovers dance, but will definitely be doable!

tl;dr pm your role to me honestly because we have a better shot of sorting the game through this then trying to throw darts on the wall through NOC where we cant risk a mislynch at all or else town most likely loses! we have an OC element so let’s use it!

Nuxl

ill probably make a 1 on 1 PM with everyone for convenience when im done showering, so i should have an open convo with everyone by about an hour or two from now. cool!

Nuxl

day chats going out now, i'm unbadged so 180 second timer lmfao so should get them all out by the next half hour. make my job easier and make one with me and inferno and claim your role ty!!

theres a 3 minute restriction on sending pms out? i've never had that problem...

maybe smogon is telling us something..

like ur actually a spambot masquerading as nuxl

:thinking:

Nuxl

ok. i still need a few claims then i can proceed. i will probably be drunk in a few hours so ill ideally get everything today and can sort out the game for everyone else involved

Nuxl

anyone else not want to do this/give me a good reason not to do this?
look if you filter the information through as little people as possible scum can't manipulate their claims?

jailor can execute me tomorrow if i get a mislynch today lmao but as long as town is truthful about their claims conftown are identified/notified through me we can solve the game fairly easily.

Nuxl

i don't like no lynching here because that literally leads to the same thing tomorrow except with one less townie tomorrow; and then we pubclaim and then claims are manipped and now we play the 50-50 game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)