SS OU Cloy Screens HO

Rate the team, 5 being the best. <3 be honest <3

Results are only viewable after voting.
:cloyster: :volcarona: :dragapult: :Thundurus-Therian: :excadrill: :Grimmsnarl:
Hey, first rmt here. So basically I was going for simple screens HO featuring hella threats like Cloy subpult and rona. All members are subjetct to change and id really appreciate feed back.

:ss/Cloyster:
Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Standard Cloyster is a flinch hax demon that is usually sitting there but causes a ton of pressure because my opponets never make a play that allowes this thing to sweep, making ther mu against my other mons harder. For ex, they never allow a band kart to rk my thundy under screens because my cloyster can just shell smash in front of it and become a huge threat, letting my thundy wreak more havoc since they have to use another meh check. This thing rareley gets a chance to set up, but when it does ist very hard to rk and can flinch shit to death. Im thinking of Jolly to help with scarf kart MU, but I like ada for pex and Bro calcs tho as 4 of my mons beat it, i might just change it.He is a core/support sweeper dependning on MU.
:ss/grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Next Up we have standard setter grimm. is there really much to explain. Sets screens and taunts foggers while checking pult and kyurem. I wanna move on but i need at least 3 lines of desc so erm. Its a really nice mon to provide bulk to the sweepers that the team has. LOL what to say. Overall, its really helped me let my stuff takes hits like setting up with cloyster and shit. Its also really good for thudny to pot in work when it gets the defensive boost its rllly diffucult to deal with at times. Overall, an MVp mon. Grimm is the screens setter.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Drill is an amazing sucicde lead that's sets rocks and keeps rocks off p well only annoyance with this mon is it losing to common defoggers but still a nice mon for the team. tbh its annoying sometimes so if anyone has a better rocker for this team for me that'l be greatly appreciated. I'm just using this 1 cause its the one I'm familiar with. I think lycanroc works too but idk. Rocktomb is there for more slowish team to get the jump on an offensive mon that troubles me. P self explanatory that excadrill is my lead.

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute
- Hex
From what I've seen, this mon just fucks up a lot of teams by using willo hex. Ddance is also a nother set that i think is prob better, but so far sub willo has been great to almost always bring progress to a stale game as ther isn't much to switch in. Taht and curse body allows this thing to sub and get rid of sub breaking moves which is a very dangerous combo. I chose mild to break a lot easier but based on feedback I can replace it to timid for that extra speed tier boost. Also, I am not sure what spread is best for pults sub keeping so that's be helpful too. Pult is our breaker/support. (He's also here to weaken unaware clef and check Urshifu-Rapid-Strike.)

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
Volcarona has been a staple on most of my HO teams since 2 months ago when I abused the shit out of it and went on a 30 game winstreak in natdex. Rona does rona things and is here as a kyurem check and general special check. It usually sweeps teams without a blissey or unaware mon or Urshifu-Rapid-Strike revenge killing. (Which then my cloyster takes advantage of locked jet and attempts its sweep, the power of team work. This is my most used sweeper and thus Volcarona is a core sweeper that with support, tears thru teams with ease..

:ss/Thundurus-therian:
Thundurus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot
thundy is the teams breaker and a sort of glue. Electric immunity, ground immunity and second corv check, it puts in work best against slower teams. However under screens this thing can usually take hits from their speed control leaving them defesilive against its wrath. The only thing I am considering for this mon is switching focus blast for darkpulse or running life orb 4 atks. Thundurus-T has been a good member overall and provides nice offensive and defensive utility. He is my breaker

Threatlist:
:kartana: this bitch annoys the shit out of me. Like I have no checks to the knock off set. pls help. (I have been able to play around it so far, but its still p annoying to face when the player is a good pilot.

:dragonite: not rlly a threat if offensive cause cloy but still kinda annoying if they are defneive twave. Like that shit melts me since none of my mons like twave.
:clefable: big threat if annoying, the way i beat is use grimm to not let it set up spatk by spirt breaking and taunting so it doesn't heal, and keep up pressure so it never gets to heal back up after chipping it to like 50%.

:heatran: prob my most annoying mon to face wich is quite unfortunate as it is very popular. My idea to solve this is turning twave pult which helps heatran matchup a lot.

:suicune: Inflit pult helps but even then not a good check lol I just lose to this dumb bitch of a mon.

https://pokepast.es/778b19377e83f2e7

Last edited:
:cloyster: :volcarona: :dragapult: :Thundurus-Therian: :excadrill: :Grimmsnarl:
Hey, first rmt here. So basically I was going for simple screens HO featuring hella threats like Cloy subpult and rona. All members are subjetct to change and id really appreciate feed back.

:ss/Cloyster:
Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Ice Shard

Standard Cloyster is a flinch hax demon that is usually sitting there but causes a ton of pressure because my opponets never make a play that allowes this thing to sweep, making ther mu against my other mons harder. For ex, they never allow a band kart to rk my thundy under screens because my cloyster can just shell smash in front of it and become a huge threat, letting my thundy wreak more havoc since they have to use another meh check. This thing rareley gets a chance to set up, but when it does ist very hard to rk and can flinch shit to death. Im thinking of Jolly to help with scarf kart MU, but I like ada for pex and Bro calcs tho as 4 of my mons beat it, i might just change it.He is a core/support sweeper dependning on MU.
:ss/grimmsnarl:
Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Taunt
- Spirit Break

Next Up we have standard setter grimm. is there really much to explain. Sets screens and taunts foggers while checking pult and kyurem. I wanna move on but i need at least 3 lines of desc so erm. Its a really nice mon to provide bulk to the sweepers that the team has. LOL what to say. Overall, its really helped me let my stuff takes hits like setting up with cloyster and shit. Its also really good for thudny to pot in work when it gets the defensive boost its rllly diffucult to deal with at times. Overall, an MVp mon. Grimm is the screens setter.

:ss/excadrill:
Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb

Drill is an amazing sucicde lead that's sets rocks and keeps rocks off p well only annoyance with this mon is it losing to common defoggers but still a nice mon for the team. tbh its annoying sometimes so if anyone has a better rocker for this team for me that'l be greatly appreciated. I'm just using this 1 cause its the one I'm familiar with. I think lycanroc works too but idk. Rocktomb is there for more slowish team to get the jump on an offensive mon that troubles me. P self explanatory that excadrill is my lead.

:ss/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Mild Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dragon Darts
- Substitute
- Hex
From what I've seen, this mon just fucks up a lot of teams by using willo hex. Ddance is also a nother set that i think is prob better, but so far sub willo has been great to almost always bring progress to a stale game as ther isn't much to switch in. Taht and curse body allows this thing to sub and get rid of sub breaking moves which is a very dangerous combo. I chose mild to break a lot easier but based on feedback I can replace it to timid for that extra speed tier boost. Also, I am not sure what spread is best for pults sub keeping so that's be helpful too. Pult is our breaker/support. (He's also here to weaken unaware clef and check Urshifu-Rapid-Strike.)

:ss/volcarona:
Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Bug Buzz
Volcarona has been a staple on most of my HO teams since 2 months ago when I abused the shit out of it and went on a 30 game winstreak in natdex. Rona does rona things and is here as a kyurem check and general special check. It usually sweeps teams without a blissey or unaware mon or Urshifu-Rapid-Strike revenge killing. (Which then my cloyster takes advantage of locked jet and attempts its sweep, the power of team work. This is my most used sweeper and thus Volcarona is a core sweeper that with support, tears thru teams with ease..

:ss/Thundurus-therian:
Thundurus (Thundurus-Therian) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Volt Absorb
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb
- Nasty Plot
thundy is the teams breaker and a sort of glue. Electric immunity, ground immunity and second corv check, it puts in work best against slower teams. However under screens this thing can usually take hits from their speed control leaving them defesilive against its wrath. The only thing I am considering for this mon is switching focus blast for darkpulse or running life orb 4 atks. Thundurus-T has been a good member overall and provides nice offensive and defensive utility. He is my breaker

Threatlist:
:kartana: this bitch annoys the shit out of me. Like I have no checks to the knock off set. pls help. (I have been able to play around it so far, but its still p annoying to face when the player is a good pilot.

:dragonite: not rlly a threat if offensive cause cloy but still kinda annoying if they are defneive twave. Like that shit melts me since none of my mons like twave.
:clefable: big threat if annoying, the way i beat is use grimm to not let it set up spatk by spirt breaking and taunting so it doesn't heal, and keep up pressure so it never gets to heal back up after chipping it to like 50%.

:heatran: prob my most annoying mon to face wich is quite unfortunate as it is very popular. My idea to solve this is turning twave pult which helps heatran matchup a lot.

:suicune: Inflit pult helps but even then not a good check lol I just lose to this dumb bitch of a mon.

https://pokepast.es/778b19377e83f2e7
Lando would be a better rocker and suicide lead imo. You can explode and prevent defogers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)