SM OU Colosse Balanced (Dragonite)

Hi everyone !
I would like to create a Kanto origins Team with a Dragonite. I rather use a Balanced but my Team isn't good.

I can change any pokemon in this Team but Dragonite will stay here.

Dragonite (M) @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Fly
- Earthquake
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
It’s The Pokemon of my team, a Dragon Danser. As my star, I want it to use the Z-move in order to pass some threats such as Landorus-T. Moreover, it has a very good priority attack: Extreme Speed. Eventually, it can out speed the foes and pass them when the rest of the Team tire your enemy.

Pinsir-Mega (M) @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
It’s a sword danser which compose a Flying Spam with Dragonite. As a Wallbreaker, Pinsir must break the defensive core and then Dragonite will sweep my enemies with Extreme Speed. It can replace Dragonite if he faints.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Magnezone is my Steal type trapper. It should trap and kill the steal types which block Dragonite or Pinsir. However, I think it’s not strong enough and it should be used with a choice-specs. Is it a good idea?

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 52 Def / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog
- Soft-Boiled
- Earthquake
Mew is my defogger for Dragonite in order to keep safe its Multiscale. Moreover, it can cripple the foes using Will-O-Wisp and then Dragonite should quietly use Dragon Dance to sweep. It’s also a symbol of Legendary Pokemon of Kanto.

Toxapex (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Haze
- Recover
- Toxic
Toxapex is my phazer. Thanks to its typing, it resists Fire and Fighting type attacks for Ferrothorn and poisons them. Furthermore, it’s very annoying for some sweeper such as Keldeo which cripples Dragonite, Magnezone or Ferrothorn.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 24 Def / 232 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
It’s my Stealth Rock setter. Thanks to its very good typing, it can cripple the foes with Leech Seed if they are not a Grass type. With Toxapex, Fire and Fighting types will struggle against Ferrothorn whereas Ferrothorn can pass water types.
Thanks ! :psyduck:

Last edited by a moderator:

TPP

A Place to Call Home
is a Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
RMT Leader
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
I would like to suggest a small change:
Magnezone only needs to outspeed non-scarf Kartana, so it only needs 224 speed evs. You can put the leftover evs into health to make it a bit more bulky.

Also, I played a bit with Kommo-o instead of Dragonite, and won a lot more games. Here is the set:

Kommo-o @ Salac Berry
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 52 HP / 204 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch

This is a surprisingly good set, as it can get to +6 attack and +1 speed, making it hard to revenge kill and can heal back up with drain punch. This is my early or late game sweeper for almost every game. Bring it out on a resisted type, set up, and sweep. This takes almost no skill to play..

Last edited:
However, do you have an idea to support Dragonite. I love this dragon Ninjakiwis but if I have to change an other Pokemon (like Pinsir), please tell me.(Are you a Sensei ?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)