Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Toxic
- Substitute
- King's Shield

First I was thinking what is something thats good but i never use and i thought of :Aegislash:.I use this set so i can have something very bulky with many imunities.The problem with this team is that it gets hard countered by QD :Volcarona: so i swap Aegislash against something that its good against and then use substitute hoping they switch into :Volcorona: so i can use Toxic. Sometimes this misses so i might need another answer.

Rillaboom (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Grassy Glide
- High Horsepower
- Knock Off
- U-turn
This set allows :Rillaboom: to do as much damage ad possible while still being in a good spot.It is weak to things such as :Corvinght:,:Hawlucha:,and Speedy :Heatran:.Knock Off gets items off opponents mons easily.GG is for priority and strong stab.This usually ohko's ow 2hko's on most mons.It really is threatened by :Volcarona: because it allows :Volcarona: to switch in for free.

Blissey @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Aromatherapy
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
This :Blissey: set helps your team not get crippled by status,gets rocks out,and if all else fails deals with :Volcarona: unless it is Roost Quiver Dance. Originally i had Flamethrower > Seismic Toss for Things such as :Ferrothorn:,:Rillaboom: switching in and :Kartana: switching in but i figured Zapdos deals with those just fine and i was getting walled by :Heatran: Completely.

Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Def / 80 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost
This :Zapdos: set works really well For countering anything weak to fire previously mentioned.Volt Switch it a really good pivoting move.Defog gets rid of hazards and screens very easily and roost is for longevity.It really gets countered by :Garchomp: and Landorus so i am forced to swap into Fini which is still not very strong in defence.

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 64 SpD / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Moonblast
- Knock Off
- Taunt
Here's my Fini.I really don't know what the speed is for but it is a smogon set i think.I have taunt for things such as :Toxapex:,:Blissey:, and Heatran.Knock Off is for getting items off opponents items off.Moonblast is for Dragons and Surf is for things like Excadrill and Landorus.If anyone can tell me what the speed is for i would appreciate it.

Land-Lord (Landorus-Therian) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 148 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Smack Down
- Knock Off
- U-turn
Here is my defensive Landorus.I have smack down for things such as :Zapdos: or :Corvinight: so i can next hit with EQ. Knock Off spam i find to be effective at crippling teams so i have it on 3 mons.U-turn is for good pivoting and EQ is for things like Pex or :Excadrill:

I really would like some feedback on my team so i can be better.
Please Tell me what you think about it.

Last edited:
maybe you could give me advice Hiseloisover 9000
Never mind my dumbass just realized you’re the original poster. I thought you were some random dude self advertising, sorry. Idk though I’m not that good at showdown so I don’t think you want advice from me. Sorry for the misunderstanding lol

I notice that this team isn't that offensive. Other than Rillaboom, this sort of seems like a sort of stall team or something. It just lacks offensive pressure.

trust me it just works.
Let me get this straight, you went on Rate My Team, a forum specifically for people to give feedback on your team, and this is how you respond to feedback? If it "just works", it would've gone a hell of a lot higher than 1380. And for the record, this team really does lack offensive pressure, but even for a stall team, I don't think it's that good. I'm pretty sure this is because (correct me if I'm wrong) you meant to build a balance team but it ended up as this bizarre in between. Here's my two cents:

If you do decide to aim for stall, I recommend replacing Rillaboom altogether (maybe something like defensive Scizor to keep some offensive presence), and swapping Smack Down on Lando for Stealth Rock. Blissey could also give Wish support in place of Softboiled, and the extra moveslot she gains from not having to set up rocks can be either Protect or Toxic. I also think Tapu Fini could (although this in particular is optional) forgo Knock Off in favor of Defog. And as a rule of thumb, defensive Water-type mons should run Scald over Surf, the small decrease in power is absolutely worth it for that 30% burn chance. Maybe you chose not to show this, but special attackers should always have 0 Attack IVs, this minimizes both confusion and Foul Play damage. If you want to take this a step further, running 30 or maybe even fewer Speed IVs on Zapdos makes Volt Switch much more effective.

Finally, in terms of why certain EV spreads are recommended (aside from 252/252/4 or 248/252/8), the Smogon analysis will explicitly state why, and sometimes even recommends alternate EV spreads to better check certain threats. Specific EV spreads are recommended to either tank a common attack, outspeed a certain threat, or KO something you otherwise couldn't.

Keep in mind that I'm no OU expert or anything, and stall in particular isn't a style I'm that well versed in, but my advice as a whole is pretty basic. In case you're wondering why I didn't cover balance despite saying that I believe that is what you were going for, it would require such an overhaul of the team that it's beyond the scope of my team rating abilities and probably breaking the RMT rules as well.

If you take one thing away from my ramblings, know that a team without a specific strategy at its core is like a chicken with its head cut off: sure, it technically functions, but it's mostly aimless and bad at even the most basic chicken tasks.

Let me get this straight, you went on Rate My Team, a forum specifically for people to give feedback on your team, and this is how you respond to feedback? If it "just works", it would've gone a hell of a lot higher than 1380. And for the record, this team really does lack offensive pressure, but even for a stall team, I don't think it's that good. I'm pretty sure this is because (correct me if I'm wrong) you meant to build a balance team but it ended up as this bizarre in between. Here's my two cents:

If you do decide to aim for stall, I recommend replacing Rillaboom altogether (maybe something like defensive Scizor to keep some offensive presence), and swapping Smack Down on Lando for Stealth Rock. Blissey could also give Wish support in place of Softboiled, and the extra moveslot she gains from not having to set up rocks can be either Protect or Toxic. I also think Tapu Fini could (although this in particular is optional) forgo Knock Off in favor of Defog. And as a rule of thumb, defensive Water-type mons should run Scald over Surf, the small decrease in power is absolutely worth it for that 30% burn chance. Maybe you chose not to show this, but special attackers should always have 0 Attack IVs, this minimizes both confusion and Foul Play damage. If you want to take this a step further, running 30 or maybe even fewer Speed IVs on Zapdos makes Volt Switch much more effective.

Finally, in terms of why certain EV spreads are recommended (aside from 252/252/4 or 248/252/8), the Smogon analysis will explicitly state why, and sometimes even recommends alternate EV spreads to better check certain threats. Specific EV spreads are recommended to either tank a common attack, outspeed a certain threat, or KO something you otherwise couldn't.

Keep in mind that I'm no OU expert or anything, and stall in particular isn't a style I'm that well versed in, but my advice as a whole is pretty basic. In case you're wondering why I didn't cover balance despite saying that I believe that is what you were going for, it would require such an overhaul of the team that it's beyond the scope of my team rating abilities and probably breaking the RMT rules as well.

If you take one thing away from my ramblings, know that a team without a specific strategy at its core is like a chicken with its head cut off: sure, it technically functions, but it's mostly aimless and bad at even the most basic chicken tasks.
Surf is better on fini because of misty terrain

That doesn't change the fact that Scald is generally more useful. Anyway, I think you can fix the Zapdos Spread to 248 HP, 244 Def, and 16 Speed. 16 Speed allows Dos to outspeed Adamant Bisharp.
It is, but as HISELOISOVER9000 pointed out, Tapu Fini has Misty Surge, and Misty Terrain prevents mons from getting non volatile status conditions (burn, freeze, paralysis, etc.). Also, that Zapdos stat spread is quite nice, as if this team goes in a more defensive direction, it won't sacrifice too many EVs in that department while being able to outspeed and potentially cripple a major threat.

merchantmahogany can you rebuild the team the way you see it.
"Sure, I'll give it a shot!" Famous last words. Anyways I got bodied twice (3-0 and 5-0), and at least for now, I really don't feel like doing it again. I'm sorry. I know two tries of a team is pretty measly, but on the bright side, SubToxic Aegislash is really something :)

yeh i know thats why i wanted to use it.its main weakness Eq was stoped by grassy terrain and the two flying mons and other ghosts were stopped by blissey.

Fc

Waiting for something to happen?
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a defending SCL Champion
Ubers Leader
Hi, cool team based around sub aegi which is always a cool set that I don't think needs a ton of changes looking at it, these are just some recommendations I have for sets that might make it more effective overall.

Minor Changes:
:rillaboom:
High Horsepower --> Wood Hammer

Wood Hammer is arguably a required move on CB Rillaboom, and on the strategy dex none of the moves are slashed because of how important these 4 usually are to have. You're using CB for the big damage it puts out, and nothing hits harder than CB Wood Hammer. You have other ways of dealing with Heatran in Tapu Fini and somewhat Blissey even though that loses 1v1, so I think Wood Hammer is just better usually.

:blissey:
Aromatherapy --> Teleport
Stealth Rock --> Toxic

Teleport is a super important move for Blissey to have, making it a lot less passive because it can generate super easy momentum on things that switch out letting you bring in Aegislash or Rillaboom to start setting up. The team already has another good Stealth Rock setter in Landorus-T that can take over the job, so I think giving it up on Blissey is fine. You already have Tapu Fini to deter status, and while you said you have this for Volcarona it doesn't actually beat Volcarona if it runs Roost which a lot do, so Toxic > Aromatherapy helps with that a lot.

:zapdos:
Ev Spread Change

Not too sure what your current one does, so the standard sample set seems like it might be more effective overall. It's fast enough to outspeed Adamant Rillaboom, with the rest put into HP and Phys.def so it isn't losing out on much bulk.
Zapdos @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Static
EVs: 248 HP / 220 Def / 40 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

:tapu-fini:
:leftovers: --> :choice-scarf:
I actually think the standard Choice Scarf Tapu Fini fits quite well here for a few reasons. First off, the team is incredibly slow. The fastest mon is currently Rillaboom which is outsped by pretty much every not terribly slow mon. The scarfers this team can run are between Tapu Fini and Landorus-T, and I think you value Landorus-T's defensive capabilities more, as well as fini's ability to Trick. If you can remove something like Black Sludge of Toxapex or Leftovers off Ferrothorn and lock them into 1 move, Aegislash is a lot more free to click buttons. Tapu Fini also revenge kills Dragapult, a mon that always threatens out Aegislash even behind sub because of Infiltrator, so I think it's a cool and really good pick here.
Tapu Fini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moonblast
- Hydro Pump
- Trick
- Defog

:landorus-therian:
Smack Down --> Stealth Rock
:rocky-helmet: --> :leftovers:
Small Ev Spread Change

I just took the sample set from the strategy dex for this lando, making it a really good Stealth Rock setter for the team while also being a good defensive pivot like you needed it for. This one's more bulky since that other spread I believe is outdated for something that makes this current one better. With Blissey using Toxic that by default makes this the rock setter, so I think this set is a bit better overall. Leftovers is just really good for longevity, letting it take on quite a few things much more reliably.
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Updated RMT (pokepast.es)
Here's the full updated paste, I hope you like the changes! I think scarf fini is a really cool touch that fixes up a large issue being speed, and the rest of the team just became more standardized in terms of sets. I think this team with good play can handle most things in the tier looking at it, so I hope it does well for you. (also the speed on your old fini set was for outspeeding Timid Max Speed Heatran)

also why do i need defog on Fini when i got it on Zapdos.if you could tell me what other moves could go over defog for Fini

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)