VGC 21 Comfey

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
:ss/Comfey:

[SET]
name: Triage Support
move 1: Draining Kiss
move 2: Floral Healing
move 3: Trick Room
move 4: Ally Switch / Taunt / Helping Hand
item: Focus Sash / Babiri Berry
ability: Triage
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* As a Fairy-type with decent bulk, a good supportive movepool and Triage, Comfey has an interesting niche in the current metagame. With its +3 priority Draining Kiss thanks to Triage, Comfey can be potent when combined with Fairy-weak Weakness Policy users such as Galarian Moltres and Dragapult. It can also heavily pressure Urshifu-S.

* Floral Healing gives Comfey the opportunity to heal its teammate with high priority, which can be helpful for a Dynamaxed partner that often receives more attention on the field. It's noteworthy that Floral Healing only heals based on the target's non-Dynamax HP, and so only heals a net 25% to a Dynamaxed target.

* Trick Room acts as a form of speed control for the team, allowing slower teammates such as Glastrier and Tyranitar to shine. It can also be used to reverse Trick Room for faster teammates such as Dragapult.

* Ally Switch allows Comfey to give its partner extra survivability by absorbing Max Moves the partner would rather not take. Taunt is a great option for disrupting other supportive Pokemon such as Amoonguss, Porygon2 and Dusclops. Helping Hand further supports Comfey's partner's damage output, making up for its low offensive output.

* Focus Sash and Babiri Berry both offer Comfey survivability against common Steel-type Pokemon, such as Metagross, Kartana and Celesteela, which allows it to continue performing its supportive role. Focus Sash lets Comfey survive any hit from full HP, which can be potent against Pokemon that have already set up such as Rotom-W and Spectrier.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Bandkrook, 301217]]

Last edited by a moderator:
switch WP proccing point and urshifu point, I'm using comfey to support my moltres not because it ohkos CB ursh

elaborate on floral healing helping max pokemon that often bait it big hits from opposing max pokemon, 25% sucks but its something

you told me to remove 50/50s from ally switch wrt cress and I agree so do that, just focus on sponging hits for the partner

reword "super supportive role" to low offensive output or something, it just sounds more closely related to what you're getting at

good good QC 1/1

zeefable-QC.gif

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Eh, may as well nick this too. Not official, don't have to implement, yada yada yada
Add
Remove

Comments
Highlighting for a comment
(AC) = Add Comma

[SET]
name: Triage Support
move 1: Draining Kiss
move 2: Floral Healing
move 3: Trick Room
move 4: Ally Switch / Taunt / Helping Hand
item: Focus Sash / Babiri Berry
ability: Triage
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]

* As a Fairy-type with decent bulk, a good supportive movepool, (AC) and Triage, Comfey has an interesting niche in the current metagame. With its +3 priority Draining Kiss thanks to Triage, Comfey can be potent when combined with Fairy-weak Weakness Policy users such as Galarian Moltres and Dragapult. It can also heavily pressure Urshifu-S. (Maybe expand on this a bit, there's a point but no evidence/explanation. Alternatively, since it's linked with DKiss, you could add a semi-colon to link this with the previous sentence, since you're talking about that.)

* Floral Healing gives Comfey the opportunity to heal its teammate with high priority, which can be helpful for a Dynamaxed partner that often receives more attention on the field. It's noteworthy that Floral Healing only heals based on the target's non-Dynamax HP, and so only heals a net 25% to a Dynamaxed target. thus only heals them for 25%. (the wording here was just very awkward)

* Trick Room acts as a form of speed control for the Comfey's (we're analyzing a Pokemon, not a team, so it's probably best to refer to it like this) team, allowing slower teammates such as Glastrier and Tyranitar to shine. It can also be used to reverse Trick Room for faster teammates such as Dragapult.

* Ally Switch allows Comfey to give its partner extra survivability by absorbing Max Moves the partner would rather not take. Taunt is a great option for disrupting other supportive Pokemon, (AC, precedes a list) such as Amoonguss, Porygon2 and Dusclops. Helping Hand further supports Comfey's partner's damage output, making up for its low offensive output Comfey's poor offensive presence. (Clarity enhancement. I'm assuming you mean this, anyway, shoot me if I'm wrong or something.)

* Focus Sash and Babiri Berry both offer Comfey survivability against common Steel-type Pokemon such as Metagross, Kartana and Celesteela, which allows it to continue performing its supportive role. Focus Sash has the added advantage of absorbing any type of hit from full HP, which can be potent against Pokemon that have already set up such as Rotom-W and Spectrier.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Raineko, 294287]]
- Quality checked by: [[zeefable, 501951]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Mostly implemented this, there's a couple things I left out from just being generally unsure or because it's wording that we've used in other analyses before and I'll see about changing it soon. Much appreciated

Band

scatters things often
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)