Approved Command to remove all output of /-commands

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Using a lot of /-commands for your own information can make the chat almost impossible to normally read back while you were busy. While you can also just leave and join the room to get rid of it, you would also be restricted to the last 100 lines of the chatroom. Having a command to directly delete this (for example, /clearoutput) would make things easier.

In the example below you can see me spamming /ds as I try to get a certain set of pokemon, with each command adding something I forgot in the previous one. It makes the chat really hard to read back after I'm done.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
This would be a phenomenal QoL improvement in Game Corner and Scavengers! there are multiple GC games that depend on /ds and /ms as well as a Scavengers hunt format that are popular where people identify the parameters or combination of a parameter & exclusion to produce a ds/ms result. This would be very appreciated and I'd be extremely grateful if someone could implement this! As a staff member of those rooms, I'd rather not have to clear chat messages on my screen to clear these param searches.

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Bumping this a year later. It's still a very relevant issue for me and others. Enjoy this bonus screenshot from today where me just doing 2 big commands already made chat near-unreadable. Cheers

I agree with this issue. the problem is quite big in any room. Want to check simple learn, weakness, details, smogdex, or coverage commands for any competitive tier? That's now on your screen permanantly until you disconnect or the chat scrolls far enough past it. Checking rfaqs? Well, guess what that is. Checking a random battles set in the randbats room or a battle? Have a guess at what that is. Any of the above issues with trivia, scavengers, and game corner? Yes. There's a potential for there to be a lot of commands on your screen at once without a good way to deal with them.

(Sorry if this isn't written well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)