Complaints about D/P

I want to moan about various things that are annoying me in DP, and invite others to complain too. But I don't want to write and then get my thread locked because I'm in the wrong place or because no one actually wants it, so I'll wait to see if I get told off.

Obvious annoyance #1 - The Poketch could actually have been good.

I'm a n00b, so...

The Poketech has some rather useless apps added onto it, increasing the number of annoying beeps you have to endure before you finally access the program you're looking for. They could have had a better system, such as simply pressing the icon of the app you want...

Obvious Annoyance #3--Little variation between most Pokemon cries.

They all sound like they're squeaking or something. Some of them are pretty, yes, like Roserade and Kricketune, and Budew sounded cute when I first heard it, but after you hear about twenty others, you kind of forget what made them so special...

Obvious Annoyance #4: You can't store items in the pc anymore. So if you need an item at the bottem of your list you hvae to wait five-minutes because the selecting speed isn't high.

Obvious Annoyance #4: You can't store items in the pc anymore. So if you need an item at the bottem of your list you hvae to wait five-minutes because the selecting speed isn't high.
yes, that's so annoying

obvious annoyance #5: all the in-game people have a very big head. I hate it.

You know, if you hit select on the item list, you can scroll really fast even without the touchpad wheel.

The Poketch... Do you have all the apps on it? Well, first off, it would be nice if the NPCs checked that you actually wanted their App before saddling you with it. Now think about how many apps you use. The shiny podium one, the step counter, the clock (either one, not both!), the egg watcher. That's about it for me. How much better would it be if you could customise your Poketch, so you only keep the Apps on it that you want? It wouldn't have been hard to implement, just some dialog in the Poketch company building.

Then, and this is real rocket science here people, let you choose your desired App from a button! This is a touchscreen, after all. Maybe they were trying to give us some sort of watch-PDA feel to the thing, but really its just annoying.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I thik they did the "non-selectable" Poketech mainly because they want to keep the better ones in the later versions. Pokemon is supposed to be increasingly better in each version, isn't it.

What annoys me is I have to ask for an IV battle everytime I need one rather then just going to the lvl 100 battles in the Battle Tower which they removed..

What annoyed me when I played the main story, was how slow some actions took. Especially in Pokemon battles, in RSE, they went so fast, but when i played DP I felt it took along time for the ball to be thrown, to run away. etc.

My biggest annoyance, now. The game is slower. There's no getting past that. There's very little in it that a GBA couldn't handle, and the game is slower. The text scrolling and ending sequences of battles are the most noticeable. If you haven't noticed, I'd suggest you don't run a comparison with an Advance game, because then you'll probably get annoyed by it too. Currently I'm playing my Advance games more than my DS ones :/

Poketech should have both a forward and backward button. I hate cycling through it and overshooting the app I was looking for and having to go through the cycle again.

There should be random wifi battles.

I like a more defensive oriented metagame. Not exactly a game issue, but I would prefer less emphasis on offense.

Not enough new Pokemon. Too many evolutions or babies of old Pokemon.

The game moves agonizingly slow at times.

They should start showing EVs/IVs in the stat window.

Lack of item storage.

Lack of variety when running through the game. There aren't that many Pokemon to choose from early on so if you play through the game multiple times you're still gonna get stuck with the same Pokemon multiple times.

My biggest annoyance, now. The game is slower. There's no getting past that. There's very little in it that a GBA couldn't handle, and the game is slower. The text scrolling and ending sequences of battles are the most noticeable. If you haven't noticed, I'd suggest you don't run a comparison with an Advance game, because then you'll probably get annoyed by it too. Currently I'm playing my Advance games more than my DS ones :/
In options, you can change the text to "fast" and it'll look normal.

Not so much a D/P gripe but a pokemon one in general, I hope at some point they actually let us rematch gym leaders (their pokemon could get more powerful similar to other rematches)

Gym leader battles are probably my favorite and I don't like resetting the game for the nostalgia -_-;;

Not enough new Pokemon. Too many evolutions or babies of old Pokemon.
No, just no. Sure, there are only 107 new Pokemon (more if you count Burmies and Wormadams), but some of them were much needed, and others were things that people have wanted since the 1st generation.

No, just no. Sure, there are only 107 new Pokemon (more if you count Burmies and Wormadams), but some of them were much needed, and others were things that people have wanted since the 1st generation.
Was it really that many? Didn't seem like it to me, but I guess I'm wrong.

Pre-evolutions to pokemon that needed evolutions (Mantine, Mr.Mime, Sudowoodo).

There are still a bunch of completely worthless pokemon being added (Finneon is the best example of this - another completely generic water type).

It added even MORE of the event-only pokemon.

Poison is still just about useless offensively.

The whole "can't store items in the PC" thing.

No random Wi-fi.

Tons of useless poketech apps.

Saving sometimes takes 10+ seconds.

I could go on for awhile about this >_>

Not so much a D/P gripe but a pokemon one in general, I hope at some point they actually let us rematch gym leaders (their pokemon could get more powerful similar to other rematches)

Gym leader battles are probably my favorite and I don't like resetting the game for the nostalgia -_-;;
I agree with this and the game tempo. Also, I didn't like that there were an orgy of legendaries this time around. Sure, it's nice to have some of those Pokemon, but they could have done perfectly well being psudeo-legendary like rotom. Really, Heatran and the pixies need to be? I think not.

obvious annoyance #6: Surfing speed is atrociously slow.

And Pokemon encounters are stupidly frequent. This is actually the first game I bothered to carry Repels at all. I tried to make sure I had at least 50 Max Repels in stock at any one point in time.

I believe everything else of note has already been mentioned.

Stuff that's wrong with D/P

The most grating part of the game is that you can't set it to L50 or L100 battles during local multiplayer. So you have to raise all your Pokes to Level 100 or face a lopsided battle. But they did that for WFC battles and for the Battle Tower, so why not over local?

The Poketech has some rather useless apps added onto it, increasing the number of annoying beeps you have to endure before you finally access the program you're looking for. They could have had a better system, such as simply pressing the icon of the app you want...

Obvious Annoyance #3--Little variation between most Pokemon cries.

They all sound like they're squeaking or something. Some of them are pretty, yes, like Roserade and Kricketune, and Budew sounded cute when I first heard it, but after you hear about twenty others, you kind of forget what made them so special...
In reply to annoyance number 3...

Some pokemon calls I like include Porygon Z, Magnezone, Registeel, Drifblim, etc.

Not all the calls are boring. I like a lot of them.

Something I found annoying is that they made even more crappy things, and more OU things. I was hoping eventually most pokemon could paly in the same tier.

My main complaint is that there aren't very many new Pokemon.
The Pokemon they have designed for the 4th Generation range from very good designs to very poor designs.

I thought that Toxicroak and Croagunk were designed well, however I think that Buneary/Lopunny were designed poorly.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)