I COULD BE BANNED!
“Any person capable of angering you becomes your master;
he can anger you only when you permit yourself to be disturbed by him.”
Epictetus

“People are not disturbed by things, but by the views they take of them.”
Epictetus, Enchiridion

“First learn the meaning of what you say, and then speak.”
Epictetus

You can research the philosophy stoicism and try to implement it's beliefs into your daily life, especially in circumstances where you feel you are getting angry.

Ah man. You're not actually too much different from the norm in reality. Why I remember this one postBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP
So anyway this other time I was at chipotle and the lady forgot to give me salsa after I specifically made sure to ask several times so I had to resort to standing back in line after another crowd formed. A noisy family showed up behind me and bumped me a lot then...eventually I think I called the lady the worst employee ever. But only after I had to dispute with her to get the salsa.
BITCH BETTER HAVE MY MONEY. A lotta people aern't worth it. This is me when you don't listen to my chipotle story:

Just like everybody has techniques for coping, everybody has effective ways to control their temper. Do what works for you.

jrp

Banned deucer.
That's always been something I've had problems with. I've always been good at helping other people cope with anger issues but my own issues are a whole other problem lol

I tend to clam up whenever I get angry about something and just steam it off over time, which I recognize is a terrible idea, but I absolutely despise talking about myself around other people

cityscapes

Take care of yourself.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Today I decided to play my old copy of Pokémon Rumble Blast when I was feeling a bit frustrated and bored and it just worked wonders for me. The basic premise of the game (for those who don't know) is that you play as a toy Pokémon. You travel through dungeons with other Pokémon and beat them up, and sometimes you can collect them after you beat them (think Mystery Dungeon), allowing you to use them yourself.

Gameplay:
(skip to 1:50 for combat)

Of course, it isn't a very good game really (see: mediocre plot, no powering up Pokémon, etc) but it's a good game for me to just play whenever life has me down.

Just control yourself. I do it, and so can you. I never have emotional outbursts, and it's not because I don't have emotions. I actually have a vicious temper. I just have the mental discipline and respect for my own dignity that I don't lash out irrationally and in public.

If you continue to act in this way, it is because you choose to. Not that you choose to be angry, but that you choose to let it manifest in this way. And I really don't buy any kind of "I can't control my actions" malarkey. It is merely demanding of other people that they indulge you in your weakness of character.

If someone calls your sister a whore, just use that backbone God gave you and happily ignore him. He's not worth your time, so don't let him think that he is.

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Just control yourself. I do it, and so can you. I never have emotional outbursts, and it's not because I don't have emotions. I actually have a vicious temper. I just have the mental discipline and respect for my own dignity that I don't lash out irrationally and in public.

If you continue to act in this way, it is because you choose to. Not that you choose to be angry, but that you choose to let it manifest in this way. And I really don't buy any kind of "I can't control my actions" malarkey. It is merely demanding of other people that they indulge you in your weakness of character.

If someone calls your sister a whore, just use that backbone God gave you and happily ignore him. He's not worth your time, so don't let him think that he is.
That's... not how it works lol. I suggest you google what temper and temper management problems are before posting in here because your post is very opinionated and,well, stupid.

Honestly, I used to have some really nasty anger issues where I actually flipped a table on my principal in middle school. As I got older I kinda mellowed out but it just took a way to distract myself so nothing stupid could bother me. Music helped a lot, and some martial arts helped to get rid of pent-up aggression. Don't know how to help spur of the moment stuff though.

That's... not how it works lol. I suggest you google what temper and temper management problems are before posting in here because your post is very opinionated and,well, stupid.
Oh, I am quite familiar with diagnosis fads. And how people draw upon them to elicit sympathy, when in fact all they needed was to be indulged less as children. One sees this all the time with the disproportionately high number of people claiming to have "depression". And everyone seems to lap it up.

Our generation has done a fine job of creating excuses for people to act badly. People love to be victims, and they also love to do what they want without condemnation. These fad diagnoses are a great way of giving people license to do both.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
When I was a child, I took counseling for my anger. I've never hurt anyone physically sense. Now I put most of my aggression into my music. I also have a metal mallet that I used to destroy certain objects outside if I need to let it out physically.
I also watch videos of cats and dogs if I need immediate therapy. Corgis are my favorite.

Boxing helps me keep my anger in check, with the added bonus of learning how to defend yourself at the same time

Yeah, all you got to do is get in right state of mind. I was doing pretty shitty with that stuff, until I swapped schools and got hooked up my with my girlfriend and things turned around. I've really only gotten in trouble once since then.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Boxing helps me keep my anger in check, with the added bonus of learning how to defend yourself at the same time
Ah, I like to play drums and find them really help me cope with anger too.

There are even studies that say people who play drums regularly are less likely to have mood disorders.

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Actually... some of you may have noticed, that I actually have a very bad temper too.
I'm very silent in real life, people won't be able to tell that I'm angry or what.
But when I get angry, I can't sleep.

Whilst I don't seem to do anything anger related in real life (I always remained silent), deep down, I just like to flame people on the internet.
And it's more than insulting people on the internet-- I actually get insomnia , and may be unable to sleep for several days if someone insults me on the internet... but often, I was the one who started the flames first.

Maybe some people would think that I deserve this because I was insulting people I found irritating.
But I'd rather to be able to control my temper, so that I won't insult or flame anyone in the first place... so that people don't insult me and cause me to be unable to sleep.

Does anyone have similar experiences? I see that quite some people here have autism too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)