Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Close Combat
- Seed Bomb
This Is A Theorymon Till Convergence Returns.
Also, Hisuian Arcanine Will Get Wood Hammer In Convergence Because Of Sudowoodo

Last edited:
Samurott's in game now, and although it's not a great Pokemon itself, it does notably give Knock Off to all mono waters, as if mono waters needed even more utility. Here are some Pokemon that I think will appreciate the introduction of this move:

• :alomomola: Alomomola is the big one I think. It loves having this move back in its arsenal, as it's a fantastic utility option that lets Alomomola do more than just be a bot. While mono water in general is already overloaded with fantastic utility options (including Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Rapid Spin, U-turn, Taunt, Wish, Roost, and many more), not only does Knock Off provide some offensive pressure, but doing it in the form of an attacking move means Assault Vest sets are potentially opened up. Here's a sample set:
Alomomola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 40 HP / 216 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Final Gambit

Definitely not an optimized set, but it has some potential as an extremely bulky pivot with longevity. Snagging U-turn from Frogadier, Rapid Spin from Quaxwell, and Final Gambit from Basculin (in addition to Knock Off from Samurott), Alomomola has plenty of utility and can even sac itself to set up a trade.

• :barraskewda: May appreciate it as an alternate coverage/utility option, but depending on the set you run Barraskewda is fairly strapped for moveslots as is.
  • :vaporeon: Alomomola alternatively that has a much more offensive stat spread. Probably not worth running as a bulky pivot, but something to consider.
Yeah, that's kinda it lol. Base stats and stat spread alone really determine the viability of mons within a given type, so despite mono water having like a couple dozen Pokemon available, only like 3 of them are actually viable, with the rest just being outclassed.

One other thing I'd like to talk about, is that with the introduction of Decidueye into the game, it's preevolution Dartrix has been added as well. Dartrix converges with Jumpluff and Tropius, and while Dartrix itself is extremely underwhelming even for an NFE, it does get some moves that it can pass onto the other Grass/Flyings to make them slightly less ass. In particular: Brave Bird, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Roost (yeah Synthesis exists but Roost is always full power), Defog, and maybe even Nasty Plot are all new options for Grass/Flying that didn't exist before. Now these new moves are nice and all, but the problem with the Grass/Flyings still remains: 1) that type combination is complete butt defensively, and 2) your Grass/Flying-types are Jumpluff and Tropius. That being said, here are a couple of saucy sets that could make decent use of the tools Dartrix gives:

Jumpluff @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Long Reach
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Brave Bird
- Earthquake
- Strength Sap / Roost / Sleep Powder

Jumpluff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Harvest
Tera Type: Steel / Dark
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Leech Seed
- Knock Off / Brave Bird
- Protect

The set up set is definitely the better of the two, but with Jumpluff's base 55 Attack stat you'll be struggling to get too much in the way of kills with this thing. The other set is a bulkier subseed Harvest set, it probably loses to like everything but it's funny that it's a thing you can do with Jumpluff, with Knock Off giving it that added bit of utility (or extra power with Brave Bird).

If Decidueye's introduction to the meta didn't change anything, then I highly doubt it's prevo's introduction would do much of anything either. It is fun to experiment with some lesser used type combos, however.

P.S.: TPC please buff Jumpluff I'm begging you this mon is so ass :cccccccc

Things have been pretty quiet in this OM for a bit, so in keeping with tradition and posting sets for newly released mons, let's take a look at Typhlosion, which released this past week. Typhlosion's stats are unimpressive at first glance, with pretty average SpA and Spe. Unlike Charizard, which has the exact same stat spread as Typhlosion, Typhlosion is unable to converge with a Quiver Dance user, severely limiting its sweeping potential on that front. Being a Mono-Fire type does have its advantages however, as Typhlosion is able to converge with a startling amount of Pokemon, giving it access to several desperately needed coverage options and ways to boost its power. The biggest addition to its kit imo is Drought from Torkoal, which both powers up Typhlosion's already strong Eruptions, but also allows it to go for chargeless Solar Beams, giving it fantastic coverage into Water-/Rock-types that could otherwise give it problems. It also gets a bunch of other neat toys, such as Earth Power (Torkoal), Calm Mind (Flareon), Morning Sun (Arcanine), U-turn (Cinderace), Electro Ball (Cinderace), and much, much more. Honestly the glowup that Typhlosion gets from this format makes it a legitimate threat, at least on paper.

That's not to say that Typhlosion is flawless, as having your main stab be directly tied to your HP on a Stealth Rock-weak mon isn't great, and Typhlosion still hates most forms of priority, to say nothing of revenge-killing it thanks to its base 100 speed. Finally, this thing's matchup into rain builds is complete dog. All of that being said, I think Typhlosion may have a legitimate place in the pre-home metagame primarily as a wallbreaker but potentially also as a lategame wincon thanks to Calm Mind. Here are some sample sets I cooked to get you started with Typhlosion c:

:typhlosion:

Sun Abuse (Typhlosion) @ Choice Scarf / Choice Specs
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Fire / Grass / Ground
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power / Focus Blast / Electro Ball
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast / U-turn

This is your standard choiced Typhlosion set adapted to the Convergence format. Drought breathes a lot of life into this build, powering up Typhlosion's main attacks. Choice of coverage is really yours, Earth Power is the most consistent but Focus Blast and Electro Ball potentially have their own uses as well. Having a secondary stab on Typhlosion is always nice if it gets chipped. Lava Plume is potentially viable on this as well. You could also slap on U-turn for momentum, momentum's always nice.

:typhlosion:

Calm Mind (Typhlosion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Ground
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Morning Sun
- Flamethrower
- Earth Power

This set uses the fun Convergence (heh) of Drought, Calm Mind, and Morning Sun on a fast enough mono fire wall breaker to serve both as a late game win con. Morning Sun + Drought is a fun synergy that ensures Typhlosion some safety while setting up. I believe Earth Power + Tera Ground is the most consistent tera for a build like (changing matchups on their head), but you can experiment other options like Tera Fire for more power, Tera Fighting+ Focus Blast as an alternate form of coverage, or a defensive tera-type such as Water. Compared to something like a Volcarona, which features Quiver Dance to more decisively end games, the benefits of Typhlosion are: 1) stronger STAB thanks to Drought, and 2) better and less committal coverage. Volcarona probably still has the edge as a late game win condition due to its over all reliability, but I did want to highlight another unique set of traits that Typhlosion can make use of.

That's all for now, hoping to keep doing this when new Pokemon get released, this is my favorite format to theorymon for c:

Alright so Inteleon was released a few days ago, and as usual I'll do a quick post on some potential sets and roles that Inteleon can fill in the meta. Honestly, Inteleon doesn't seem that bad at first glance. Sure the mono-water typing giving it only one stab sucks, and its stats - while good - aren't setting the world on fire, but Inteleon does have some good traits that make an interesting Pokemon to consider in some builds - particularly with rain support. That mono-water typing actually works to Inteleon's benefit in Convergence, as it gives Inteleon far more in the way of moves than it would if it had a secondary typing. This is especially prescient with Water, as mono-waters are rather abundant in general. What's more, base 125 SpA and base 120 Spe make Inteleon a solid offensive Pokemon to consider on rain builds, as its high speed makes it a rather difficult Pokemon to revenge-kill under rain. It's almost like special Barraskewda, except not as min-maxed. Here are a couple of sets I've cooked up for Inteleon:

:inteleon:
Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Tera Type: Water
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

This is your basic rain abuse set. Thanks to the convergence format, Inteleon now packs both a useful ability and actual coverage, making it much more of a threat when the rain is up. You could opt for a more Floatzel-esque set by stacking Water moves (running Surf over Focus Blast for instance), but I wanted to highlight the newfound coverage the Inteleon gets access to here.

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Inteleon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Hydro Pump
- Boomburst
- Focus Blast

Here are two takes on a Choice Specs set for Inteleon. The first one is based on Clawitzer, using Inteleon's higher SpA and much higher Speed to function as a threatening breaker. The second set uses Water's access to Protean + Boomburst, turning Inteleon into a strong Boomburst spammer (that has the coverage and threat to back that up). You can certainly play around with some of the move options and tera types here, but I just wanted to get a couple of ideas out there.

Inteleon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Mega Launcher
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Water Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Dark Pulse

Nasty Plot is also in the cards for Inteleon, and thanks to its natural high SpA and Spe, one Nasty Plot can turn Inteleon into a devastating late-game cleaner. Again, I chose to base this set on Clawitzer, but you could just as easily run Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Focus Blast with a different ability as well. Once again Tera type is pretty arbitrary here, but you can never go wrong with STAB tera.

Inteleon @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Tera Type: Poison
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Spikes
- Knock Off
- Hydro Pump

Finally, here's an interesting take on Inteleon that I don't think many people have thought of before. Access to Regenerator through Alomomola, Spikes through Frogadier, and Knock Off through Samurott make Inteleon an interesting fast/bulky pivot. Its naturally high SpA also ensures that can pose some threat with Hydro Pump, but the idea of a fast pivot mon with Regenerator makes it a hard thought to resist. Tera Poison is an interesting idea to turn that Grass weakness around, but other defensive Tera options (including Steel/Fairy/Ground) could be interesting as well.

All-in-all, I think Inteleon could be a very potent offensive addition to the metagame. It seems pretty difficult to wall on paper due to the wide variety of sets it could potentially run, which may make this mon quite the pain in the builder. At the same time however, historically Inteleon has struggled against Water resists, and while it does kind of get some tools around those Pokemon, you'll still need to play Inteleon well in order to truly be able to beat them. Inteleon's frailty and the fact that it's prone to hazard damage (unless you're Regenerator/Boots) can also be a sore spot for it. Over all though, I'm excited to see what Inteleon's effect on the meta is, and in Convergence I think it could truly shine as a good offensive water.

I've been cooking up some monstrosities that might be released when the dlc comes out, but this one just terrifies me.
Cosmoem @ Eviolite
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 204 HP / 216 Def / 88 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Teleport
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Nuzzle
Here's some other "fun" things I've been working on.
https://pokepast.es/7fd866f36e8fc463
https://pokepast.es/022487adcef003d4
Highlights:
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
The best part is that if your opponent removes your hazards with defog, you get an evasion buff.
Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Swords Dance
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Tera Rock Rampardos Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 378-446 (119.2 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Chesnaught @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Victory Dance
- Spiky Shield
- Body Press
- Leaf Blade
Rock head doesn’t work with mind blown.
excuse me, what?

Last edited:
I've been cooking up some monstrosities that might be released when the dlc comes out, but this one just terrifies me.
Cosmoem @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Teleport
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Nuzzle
https://pokepast.es/49f8cc583b1666ba
https://pokepast.es/4ec800e48d2e0dd3
Rock head doesn’t work with mind blown. Mind blown is a flat cut of hp, meaning it’s technically not “recoil” by code standards, and therefore doesn’t work with rock head, which only works on recoil.

Last edited:
Cosmoem @ Eviolite
Sassy Nature
- Teleport
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Nuzzle
https://pokepast.es/7fd866f36e8fc463
https://pokepast.es/022487adcef003d4
Highlights:
Shuckle @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 252 HP / 28 Def / 228 SpD
Bold Nature
- Close Combat
- Roost
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
The best part is that if your opponent removes your hazards with defog, you get an evasion buff.
Rampardos @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tough Claws
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Accelerock
- Earthquake
- Head Smash
- Swords Dance
+2 252+ Atk Tough Claws Tera Rock Rampardos Accelerock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Dragapult: 378-446 (119.2 - 140.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
Chesnaught @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Fighting
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Victory Dance
- Spiky Shield
- Body Press
- Leaf Blade

excuse me, what?
Also I really wouldn’t recommend cosmoem over cresselia.

Unfortunately no Mienshao for Regenerator access, but pure fighting does get Iron Fist.
Mienshao, Among Other Giants Of Last Gens Competetive Are Returning In DLC

oh and also my convergence team

Begone (Tsareena) @ Mirror Herb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swagger
- Acrobatics
- Wild Charge
- Leaf Blade

Begone

Silly (Garganacl) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Steam Engine
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Heat Crash

"sweeping with garganacl" is a sentence i never thought i'd write

Ace (Cinderace) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Libero
Jolly Nature
- Pyro Ball
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Seed Bomb

Hehe quag murder go brrrrrr

Harpoon (Barraskewda) (M) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- Wave Crash
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Suck on this floatzel

AAAAAAA (Scream Tail) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Wish
- Teleport
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

Generation 8 blissey at home

Drifter (Drifblim) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Flare Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Strength Sap
- Revelation Dance
- Hurricane

An absolute monster of a special attacker

oh and also

https://www.pokeos.com/dex/?f=dlcleak&page=1
this is every returning pokemon in home+dlc, use this as a resource for team building, mainly because im tierd of people using pokemon who they think could return in dlc, but wont

oh sh*t, chlorrophyl iron leaves because exeggutor is back in dlc.

I feel proud of this.
thank you.

Also, the home update is ready and will be releasing soon
Screen Shot 2023-05-11 at 10.23.55 AM.png

Full post here:

Last edited:

Home Bullsh*t (Chesnaught) (M) @ Toxic Orb
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Bulk Up
- Low Kick
- Leaf Blade

Something we'll have to deal with once dlc comes out. Tera steel/poison/fairy

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)