Multi-gen Coronavirus Premier League IV - Finals [Won by Team 2015]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
First and foremost, I would like to thank Boat, Perry and kjdaas for hosting this tour and updating the spreadsheet and whatever else was necessary to run this tournament. It helps a lot having an active team of hosts for this tour and you guys did great. Next, I would like to thank all of my teammates, all 50 of you, for signing up and/or just joining us for this CPL. It was an incredible experience and words cannot describe how much fun I had with you all, and I sincerely appreciate everyone being here for this one. I respect and look up to a lot of you, which is why I was really looking forward to getting to team up with most of you guys for the first time. Without further adieu, here we go:

Watchog - I told you this in PM's, but I was really happy to know that I had one of my best friends on my team for this CPL and you definetely made things a lot more comfortable/easier for me. Thanks for helping out the team and submitting the lineup multiple times so I could sleep at the most bizarre times possible lol. I think you did a good job of helping Pohjis and friso with ADV OU, and it definetely helped out towards the later rounds of the tour.

Trosko - When I first noticed you were 2015, I was super excited for this tour, but I honestly did not think you would sign up. However, when you did sign up, I could not stop smiling for 3 days straight. I was just that happy and excited about our team, which had more and more people join as the days went on. I enjoyed getting to know you and talk with you and the other guys in OU, especially about SS OU and it was nice learning stuff while having fun with some of the more creative sets you guys had. I hope to see you again in world cup and SPL!

Pohjis - I've seen you in a million individual tours, but it was nice getting to finally team up with you. Thanks for signing up and playing classic for us. I was worried about who would play GSC in general since there weren't too many of us that played it well. You probably went through more trouble than the rest of us since you had to play more games than anyone, a lot of which were full of baton pass or unfortunate rng. Thanks for not only playing classic tiers, but for also helping out Ubers and working hard to help us win. Good luck in smogon tour!

Empo - I always thought you were really good, but you are actually way better than I originally thought and it was seriously exciting to watch you outplay people day after day. I'm happy you joined us and I hope you get your first individual trophy soon because I think you're definetely qualified to win one anytime now. I look forward to seeing you break into the greatest of all time list. Good luck in smogon tour and everything!

Sacri' - I'm glad we finally got to team up. As a player I was impressed from the get go and I really enjoyed your game vs. lax. It's fun watching players who aren't afraid to pull the trigger and I think you have plenty of potential. I look forward to seeing where you go from here since I believe I know you'll do great as a captain in wcop and I hope you do well there and in other tours!

ima - First of all, I seriously could not stop laughing when you picked Samson Oak for your roster image. You definetely made our chat more lively and way more fun. You gave me plenty of reasons to laugh everyday while beasting and feasting in multiple tiers and I think you're amazing. Good luck in future tours, both as a player and a manager!

Gondra - I'm glad we got to team up again and I loved having you around. You destroyed the competition, especially in that last game and it's nice that we were able to win this one together. Good luck with school and future tours! I hope you don't change because you're really fun to have around and I love the way you are.

Ezreal - I honestly think you are the goat when it comes to doubles. I've never seen anyone play doubles as well as you do and it was really impressive how you'd manage to overcome games that were tough due to matchup or misfortunate. Doubles/VGC is fun for me to watch, so I might end up showing more interest in the future and if I do, I hope you'll be willing to play me. Best of luck with VGC! :teamjon: all the way.

Pietro - Watch*g's gonna kill me for saying this, but I think you were one of our MVP's. You kept the chat lively, helped people with their teams, and won most of your games too (which were mostly fun ones against not fun baton pass). I hope to see you in wcop and SPL because I think you're only a positive presence wherever you go <3

Welli0u - thank you so much for sharing the affaires with us. Idk what we would've done without it, but it definetely made our team better and we all had fun because of it. You're a great player and I think your records are really impressive. I have no doubt in my mind that you'll only reach higher levels of excellence from here on out and and I wish you the best of luck in doing so. les affaires sont les affaires

Amaranth - Thanks for not only doing really well in RBY, but also with getting people to use the game discussion channel whenever they started chatting outside of it. Pohjis said this before, but I thought it was genuinely cool to see someone demonstrate deep understanding of RBY mechanics in a match and you did it multiple times. Great work this season!

frisoeva - It's been really fun getting to have me, you, and Gondra not only reunite for a team tour, but win the whole thing too. Your win in finals was nice and overall I think you did a good job this CPL. Also, YOUR VOICE IS SO DEEP OH MY LORD. It is THE DEEPEST voice I have ever heard and I don't think I would have ever seen it coming. It was a nice way of getting to know you better. You also produced a gem of a log and I hope we get more chances to team up again. Good luck in circuit tours and in world cup! LET'S FUCKING NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

EviGaro - I think this is our 3rd or 4th time teaming up, but so far I think we have a good record together. You were great with the RU help for slam along with the wins you got while playing in the slam tiers slot. You were also clutch down the line with those Monotype wins and I'm sure you'll only get better from here on out. Just work on getting those Scald burns quicker next time. Jokes aside, great work this season!

Cdumas - I honestly did not think I'd get a chance to team up with you or watch you play again after you retired after snake, so I'm really grateful to have had this opportunity. It's nice to know SS brought you back and I had a good time chatting with you and the others about OU. Your game vs. 100PercentHeat in particular was a thriller and I'm proud that you were able to play a game like that after taking a break. Hopefully I get to see you again, but if not, then good luck with everything!

GotCookies - thanks a ton for the monotype help! It played a big part down the stretch of the tour, and I also enjoyed having you around. Your GSC game was pretty entertaining and the fact you won makes it even better. Good job this season! Okay I'll admit this one was a bit short, but I hope we team up again in the future :)

Adaam - I'm pretty sure I end up saying "madaam it's Adaam" at least 5 times per day because for me it never gets old and I enjoy saying it and enjoy being with you. You're one of the more exciting UU players to watch since you're capable of obliterating opponents by outplaying them every single turn, and you have a fun and cheeky personality to go with it. Good luck in UUPL finals and I look forward to seeing you there and in other tournaments. Idk if anyone will make a list of greatest UU players, but if someone did, I'm sure you'd find your way to end up being on that list one day.

Twixtry - thanks for joining us! I hope your irl situation gets better, but I really appreciate the time you gave us. You had some good wins early on and I look forward to seeing where you go from here if you're still up to compete in tours. I think you're making good progress when it comes to performances in individual tours, so keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll surpass everyone's expectations including your own.

snaga - thanks for helping us with the manager stuff and with some of the lower tier things. I enjoyed watching the interactions between and you and Chill Shadow a lot. Y'all have a great dynamic that kept things lively while also making me think Chill Shadow might be worse than Pietro at times. It was fun having both of y'all for sure and I hope to see you again.

Chill Shadow - Please do not read the shoutout above. Thanks for telling snaga to shut up playing DPP UU and helping out with some of the manager stuff. Like I said above, you and snaga were an entertaining pair to have and I'm glad you were both here. Ubers help was really appreciated too. You did great overall and I'm really happy with the 3 wins in a row you had in the second half of the tour.

Mysterious M - We didn't really talk much, but I thought you had some cool Ubers games, especially the one with the Yawn Kingdra. I've never really watched Ubers before, so I had a good first experience thanks to you and Enzo Gorlami.

Enzo Gorlami - I only knew you as the guy with an insane record on the AG ladder back when your name was Gunner Rohan, so it was nice to finally meet you. Thanks for helping out with Ubers! I mentioned it above, but it was my first time watching Ubers and I'm glad y'all gave me something enjoyable to see. Also really nice work with grabbing the win in finals!

Osh - Thanks for stepping up in the second half of the tour and helping us both with playing and supporting the slam tiers slot.

Serene Grace - you were quiet but you did really well whenever you did play. Thanks for playing when you did!

beatiful - It's cool how we met earlier this year for the first time as opponents, became friends, and later became teammates and fellow champions with this tour. You should be 2-0, but you play well and I love your offensive style both in playing and team choices. I hope you get further in tours because you're a very capable player and you're fun to watch.

Niko, Tace, Mishimono, Kebab mlml - I wish I could've let y'all play more, but we ended up needing to roll with the big guns from start to finish. Thanks for joining us and sorry for only giving you guys 1 game to play. Thank you Tace for helping out with some of the OU teams and thanks Kebab for subbing in quickly the day we needed someone to fill in for Pietro.

Pais, Quaze, Askov, Bloody alfa - sorry I wasn't able to get you guys some playing time. Thanks for joining us and I hope you guys had some fun.

lyd - I'm glad we both had a great time together in CPL. I appreciate you being active and raiding/chaining with the rest of us. It was a great experience and it's nice knowing we were both able to share it.

Ruft - Like I said above for lyd, I am thankful to have you be active with the rest of us, especially on the day when discord went down for me. I hope you had a good time with everyone! Congrats on being an OU mod! We'll have some more fun times together in the OU forum from here on out.

GW - Sorry for not being able to fit you on the roster. You helped us out with NU stuff towards the end and I think it helped out for sure. Good luck in NUPL and UULT!

aiko - yes I remembered to call you aiko this time so don't be mad at me. I thought it was cool how you turned out to be from 2015 and it gave me an excuse to invite you. Team tours aren't the same without you, so I'm glad we got to go through this one while having a really good time.

Amaroq - thanks for the lower tier help towards the end. I didn't see you too much, but I appreciate you showing signs of life in time to watch us win the tour.

Gross Sweep - Like Amaroq, I'm glad you showed more interest towards the end and joined us for spamming the affaires with everyone.

Simia - I wish you were more active, but I'm glad we got to team up after all this time. I hope you had a fun time!

ggopw, melancholy hills, Rokhan, Spl4sh, SiTuM, M Rodrigues, GEEEEEEEEMars, Fish1899, Obii - I'm glad you guys joined the server and although I don't remember what you guys did too much, I hope you all gained something from the tour or at least enjoyed it.

I'm pretty sure I repeated the same things 50 times, but I sincerely do want to thank all of ya'll for making this tour one of the best experiences I've had on this site, and I wish you all success with your future endeavors. If any of y'all need anything, you know where to find me. Hopefully we'll meet again :)

:grapploct: Les affaires sont les affaires!

Last edited:
even tho i was just a cheerlyder this time, it was a pleasure to team up with all you guys :) thanks to tpp and watchog for having me, and thanks to everyone in 2015 for being some of the nicest people on this site and really fucking good at pokemon simultaneously!! :affaires:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)