OU Corviknight

Steorra

nya smells
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Discord Leader
Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press / Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight soars the skies of SS OU, helping all it can from removing hazards to tackling some scary behemoths like Rillaboom and Tapu Lele. Its steel figure can hit Excadrill and Bisharp with Body Press or dive into Rillaboom or Hawlucha with Brave Bird. Corviknight sputters against threats like Heatran and Magnezone, but its U-turn lets teammates like Garchomp and Landorus-T take advantage of them. Not only that, but U-turn can pair with other pivots like Slowking and Tapu Koko to constantly keep up momentum. Hazard setters like Ferrothorn, Swampert, and Landorus-T can't handle the pressure of this top-tier Defogger, as Corviknight can PP stall them and use Defog quite easily. Pokemon like Slowking and Scizor can alleviate pressure from the likes of Tapu Lele and Kyurem to give Corviknight more freedom to stretch its wings.

Last edited:
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

The set should look like this - I really don't think you can afford to be slower than both CM Clef and CB Melmetal given that you need to be faster to check them. You'd also want to have a consistent spread across the site just to avoid any confusion.

Corviknight is a great presence in the tier, being able to fulfill many roles for any given team. I feel like there's pretty much no incentive to read on from this point. I think it's fairly reasonable to say that a lot of people wouldn't really feel like they're engaging with this if you leave it vague like this; if you were to introduce what it does, you'd be at least able to draw in a little more interest than what you've got now which is p important in a setting where people doomscroll until they find something interesting. On that note: try to add some sort of character to this - as a spotlight, you want to be able to draw and retain as much attention from people who can barely focus for 6 seconds without getting distracted, so try to avoid making this sound like generic and bland. Try to add some humour or whatever, because i'm sure nobody really wants to go ahead and read another bog standard manual for the 20th time in a single day. Its defensive typing allows it to come in on some of the tier's most dangerous threats, with 88 Special Defense EVs to avoid getting 2HKOed by Choice Specs Tapu Lele's Psychic while 168 Defense EVs with a Relaxed nature to help out against Rillaboom and Kartana, alongside letting it act as a slow pivot. As discussed on discord, this is unnecessary. Defog lets it fulfill another role of hazard control, and can do this role quite well thanks to Pressure letting it PP stall majority of hazard setters in the tier. again, this sort of stuff is really uninteresting and vague - why is it important that you can do this? It's entirely fucking pointless to say something like this if you're not going to elaborate on it. Mention what rockers you're beating and why that makes corvi a good fogger. U-turn lets it pivot out of Pokemon that try and counter it, alongside being able to provide momentum for a team. It also lets Corviknight avoid being trapped by Magnet Pull when the user tries to switch into it, but would not work out in a 1v1 situation. Body Press lets it counter Pokemon Brave Bird can't like Excadrill, Bisharp, Kartana, and Melmetal, as well as discourages Heatran from switching in. However, Body Press fails to hit dangerous targets Brave Bird can like Rillaboom and Hawlucha. ok i'm not going to pretend like i'm not bored out of my mind reading this because i absolutely am; there's absolutely way better uses of your character limit beyond spewing stuff out dex information; i'd rather learn about it being able to synergise well with something instead of reading a block of text that just repeating what's already been said elsewhere. Honestly I really don't care what you include at this point - as long as you're not recycling whatever's on the dex, then i'd be happy. Corviknight is also vulnerable to Fire- and Electric-type attacks this feels insulting to include; don't talk about type weaknesses like this because you're sending off the idea that the audience doesn't understand basic knowledge + it does fuck all to contextualise this; when you have an audience that isn't the most familiar with the tier, you absolutely want to be specific. i could go on but the point is that you need to elaborate in the areas that are actually important. so it values Ground-type teammates like Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Swampert who can check these types relatively well. Corviknight also appreciates Buzzwole and Tangrowth that can alleviate the pressure Ground- and Grass-types put on Corviknight. what you're telling me here is that you absolutely need to be running one of buzz / tang when using corvi? I don't think I have to explain why I think this is ridiculous.

rejecting the stamp above; I want you to tag me once you've implemented everythinng.

Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight soars the skies of SS OU, helping all it can from removing hazards to tackling some scary behemoths like Rillaboom and Tapu Lele. This steel bird can use its defensive body to hit Excadrill, Bisharp, and Heatran tran's not really a relevant target; drop this mention with Body Press or dive into Rillaboom or Hawlucha with Brave Bird. However, there are some threats like Heatran and Magnezone that Corviknight can't put up a fight against and would use U-turn to have a teammate like Garchomp or Landorus-T take advantage of them. Not only that but U-turn can pair with other pivot users like Slowking and Tapu Koko to constantly keep up momentum. Ferrothorn, Swampert, and Landorus-T also can't handle the pressure one of the best defoggers in the tier puts on them when they try to get up any kind of hazard as Corviknight can PP stall them and Defog quite easily. Corviknight can do many things for a team, but sometimes the steel bird gets tired from being needed to check some of the metagames key threats and needs to come down to roost. It can appreciate Pokemon like Buzzwole or Tangrowth that can alleviate the pressure from the likes of Rillaboom and Excadrill to give Corviknight more freedom to stretch its wings. refer to the last check; nobody's really using tang + buzzwole alongside it for that specific reason. replace this with stuff like slowking and whatnot.

Great work. 1/1

curiosity-QC-Tyler.gif

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove
(AC): Add Comma
Corviknight @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Corviknight soars the skies of SS OU, helping all it can from removing hazards to tackling some scary behemoths like Rillaboom and Tapu Lele. This steel bird can use its defensive body to Its steel figure can hit Excadrill and Bisharp with Body Press or dive into Rillaboom or Hawlucha with Brave Bird. However, there are some threats like Heatran and Magnezone that Corviknight can't put up a fight against and would use U-turn to have a teammate like Garchomp or Landorus-T take advantage of them. Corviknight sputters against threats like Heatran and Magnezone, but its U-turn lets teammates like Garchomp and Landorus-T take advantage of them. Not only that, (AC) but U-turn can pair with other pivot users pivots like Slowking and Tapu Koko to constantly keep up momentum. Hazard setters like Ferrothorn, Swampert, and Landorus-T also can't handle the pressure one of the best defoggers in the tier puts on them when they try to get up any kind of hazard can't handle the pressure of this top-tier Defogger, as Corviknight can PP stall them and use Defog quite easily. Corviknight can do many things for a team, but sometimes the steel bird gets tired from being needed to check some of the metagames key threats and needs to come down to roost. It can appreciate Pokemon like Slowking and Scizor that can alleviate the pressure from the likes of Tapu Lele and Kyurem to give Corviknight more freedom to stretch its wings.

n2.gif
1/1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)