Project Counter That Pokemon 2! (Round 12 - Submissions) [Closed?]

Status
Not open for further replies.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Crunch

Defeats Latios handily, and uses Stone Edge against the other two pokemon on Team 1. It's also faster than all of them and Keldeo of course appreciates the pursuit trapping. Double pursuit core may be slightly redundant but Scizor has to fear HP Fire from Latios whereas Tyranitar does not.

Maybe I'm theorymonning here but if we pick Tyranitar now, sure, we do get a Pursuit user but imo, Ttar is not a very good Scarfter outside of Pursuit as it fails to outspeed all Pokemon with base 120 Speed or Pokemon who boosts their Speed (such as Zard-X). Furthermore, the Sand that it brings gives a free pass to Team 1 to pick SD Sand Rush Excadrill who wipes the team out while Ttar is trapped into a move. I recognize that the support it brings to Keldeo is great but the cons of Ttar is also not to be overlooked.

bludz

a waffle is like a pancake with a syrup trap
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Yeah I mean it's not a perfect pick for sure. That said it's a really good scarfer even if it isn't that fast, and it also checks stuff like Mega Manectric which can obliterate Team 2. Zard X outspeeding it at +1 isn't a big deal since it can't OHKO. Team 1 picking SD Excadrill would be a lord move though

Assvest Metagross would probably go further if it really needed a pursuit trapper. It can easily manfight latios, and bullet punch does a number on cube. Considering they both have life orbs and lack recovery, it makes spamming them a lot riskier.

i'll nom bish:

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Between gyara's intimidate, latios's defog and typing, and kyurem's lack of recovery, bish can be a major threat to team one. By discouraging defog, latios and kyurem rack up damage on top of the life orb recoil that they're already taking. Scizor's BP does 65-75% to latios, which is pretty feasible to get it into between rocks and life orb. Bisharps sucker punch isn't as much of a threat to kyurem, but kyu takes more from rocks anyway. Gyara is ohko'd by +1 bisharp after very little prior damage (including rocks), and if rocks are up then bisharp can pretty easily threaten it if it happens to come in on scizor's u-turn or something.

Round 6 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

PM me your votes. You can vote for your own submissions.

Vote for your two favorite submissions. Your vote should look like this, with your own selections:

2 Votes: Beedrill

1 Vote: Thundurus
The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 2's third Pokemon.

Choices:

Voting ends on the 7th of December

You may keep discussing candidates during this period. Have fun!

I will add here that Sableye and Shadow Tag are still fair game. Any changes/bans made after the thread was started will not effect the project.

Last edited:
Team 2 has chosen Life Orb Bisharp as their third Pokemon!

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Submissions for Round 7 will now begin, in which Team 2 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Last edited:
Hmm, seeing as we're at the half-way point already, I feel it's about time we pick a hazard setter, especially when Team 1 already has 2 mons weak to Rocks.
Team 2 is especially weak to fast Flying-types such as Tornadus-T and Talonflame (the latter won't have high probability of being picked because of the Rocks weakness). Therefore, I'm nominating Heatran.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Heatran resists every single move that Latios carries and can thus come in easily without having to predict with Bisharp. It also carries Toxic to cripple Latios, Talonflame and other switch-ins that try to take advantage of it. Taunt allows you to shut down Clefable, RestTalk Gyarados and other slower mons to prevent set-up while Stealth Rock is the main reason I nominated it. Picking Heatran stacks a weakness to Fighting and Ground types, however.

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

I agree the team needs hazards but also something that can cripple the faster threats with Thunder Wave. Gyro Ball does a alot of damage and I am running max special defense instead of max HP to get as much as possible from Leech Seed. This checks Gyarados and scares Kyurem-B with Gyro Ball as well as Thunder Wave severely crippling Latios

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball

I agree the team needs hazards but also something that can cripple the faster threats with Thunder Wave. Gyro Ball does a alot of damage and I am running max special defense instead of max HP to get as much as possible from Leech Seed. This checks Gyarados and scares Kyurem-B with Gyro Ball as well as Thunder Wave severely crippling Latios
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you never supposed to use Gyro + T-Wave on the same set due to how Gyro Ball actually works (actual speed, not base Speed stat)?

I don't think the EV spread on that Ferrothorn is efficient or achieves what you want it to do though. Plus, the only thing that Ferro actually beats on Team 1 is the passive Rest Talk Gyara while it stacks a weakness to Fighting and Ground moves (like Heatran). Also, it makes the team even weaker to Tornadus-T, Mega Manectric and Talonflame.

Not very original, but...

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Latios makes a great fit as he resists electric, ground, and fighting, which the team currently has no resists for, without stacking any weaknesses bar fairy, which scizor covers. In terms of utility he provides defog support which the team obviously needs as well as an excellent speed tier as the rest of the team so far is sub-110.
Specifically vs team 1, because team 1's Latios has HP fire, he can outspeed and OHKO with draco meteor, which is awesome. Draco also outspeeds and OHKOs Kyurem-B, and psyshock + draco KO's Gyarados 100% of the time.

Round 7 Submission Period is now over, Voting has begun

PM me your votes. You can vote for your own submissions.

Vote for your two favorite submissions. Your vote should look like this, with your own selections:

2 Votes: Beedrill

1 Vote: Thundurus
The Pokemon with the most votes at the end of the 2 day voting period will become Team 2's fourth Pokemon.

Choices:
Voting ends on the 17th of December

You may keep discussing candidates during this period. Have fun!

Last edited:
Team 2 has chosen SpDef Heatran as their fourth Pokemon!

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Submissions for Round 8 will now begin, in which Team 1 will be choosing their next Pokemon.

Last edited:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

OK, so Lati gets trapped quite easily and there's nothing on team 1 to make Scizor hesitate to pursuit. BD Azu with this EV spread outspeed Scizor and has a 56% chance to OHKO with Aqua Jet without rocks, guaranteed with rocks at +6. It threatens Keldeo, Scizor and Heatran, too, and can force things to stay in to prevent the drum. +6 knock off OHKOes ferro after rocks and this basically forces team 2 into running mega venu, which even when defensive is 2hkoed and is otherwise beaten by the remaining 3 members (Gyara is a stallwar but I assume it would win due to the low PP of Synthesis.)

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Talonflame @ Apicot Berry
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Natural Gift
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Team 2 is really weak to Talonflame except for the Heatran so I added Natural Gift + Apicot Berry to deal with it, especially since the Heatran isn't running Air Balloon. Apircot berry is a base 100 ground type move when used with Natural Gift

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power Ice

Team 1 is really vulnerable to a boosted Bisharp who can take advantage of a Defog or Draco Meteor from Latios to clean up the team. Keldeo is added to patch up this weakness of the team and provides a secondary check to Scizor and Heatran who cannot touch it. Hidden Power Ice > Icy Wind because giving Bisharp free boosts is dangerous for this team. Plus, Keldeo and Latios share good synergy. The con of choosing this is having the team 6-0ed by any Fairy type ever (read: Mega Diancie, Mega Alt).

EDIT: Just wanted to respond to this.

OK, so Lati gets trapped quite easily and there's nothing on team 1 to make Scizor hesitate to pursuit.
Normally, I would agree with you but in this case, HP Fire one-shots Scizor if it tries anything funny, unless you mean after Latios clicks Draco Meteor on something else because DM + -2 HP Fire still KOes Scizor.

Team 2 is really weak to Talonflame except for the Heatran so I added Natural Gift + Apicot Berry to deal with it, especially since the Heatran isn't running Air Balloon. Apircot berry is a base 100 ground type move when used with Natural Gift
Yeah, Team 2 is really weak to any Flying-type ever; Torn-T, Talonflame, Mega Pinsir, etc. but it stacks a Rock weakness, putting way more pressure on Latios to Defog.

Last edited:

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

OK, so Lati gets trapped quite easily and there's nothing on team 1 to make Scizor hesitate to pursuit. BD Azu with this EV spread outspeed Scizor and has a 56% chance to OHKO with Aqua Jet without rocks, guaranteed with rocks at +6. It threatens Keldeo, Scizor and Heatran, too, and can force things to stay in to prevent the drum. +6 knock off OHKOes ferro after rocks and this basically forces team 2 into running mega venu, which even when defensive is 2hkoed and is otherwise beaten by the remaining 3 members (Gyara is a stallwar but I assume it would win due to the low PP of Synthesis.)
Er, I do think you'd actually want to carry Belly Drum.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability : Iron Fist
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability : Adaptability
EVs : 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Scald

A weird combo that can work well against team 2. Infernape hits very hard Heatran with EQ, and Bisharp with Close Combat. I also added Mach Punch to the set so you can kill Bisharp even if you expect a Sucker Punch. Just be careful about using Flare Blitz for Scizor when Heatran is alive.

Dragalge is here because of its capacity to take Keldeo well. I will just explain by calcs :
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 150-178 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO
Meanwhile
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 418-492 (129.4 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And Dragalge checks steel types with Scald : Heatran with a super effective attack, and Scizor and Bisharp by the burn.

Last edited:

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability : Iron Fist
EVs : 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Earthquake

Dragalge @ Choice Specs
Ability : Adaptability
EVs : 228 HP / 252 SpA / 28 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Scald

A weird combo that can work well against team 2. Infernape hits very hard Heatran with EQ, and Bisharp with Close Combat. I also added Mach Punch to the set so you can kill Bisharp even if you expect a Sucker Punch. Just be careful about using Flare Blitz for Scizor when Heatran is alive.

Dragalge is here because of its capacity to take Keldeo well. I will just explain by calcs :
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Icy Wind vs. 228 HP / 0 SpD Dragalge: 150-178 (45.7 - 54.2%) -- 51.6% chance to 2HKO
Meanwhile
252+ SpA Choice Specs Adaptability Dragalge Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Keldeo: 418-492 (129.4 - 152.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And Dragalge checks steel types with Scald : Heatran with a super effective attack, and Scizor and Bisharp by the burn.
One mon at a time, please. Nape's probably the better pick here, though Dragalge does check Keldeo beautifully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)