CrapMons Ingame Run

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So... As my 2000th post I would have liked to post the end of this Challenge... However I failed to complete the game in time and I want to post more on the forums (been seeing the numbers coming up soon). So instead I have 3 gym Battles to give you here and then a few people who I want to tag (either to annoy or to keep up with them sometime).

Wobbuffet is largely becoming MVP on this team. My showdown with Ramos at the top of his viney tower showed once again how powerful Wobby can be when used correctly. I led out with Pachirisu vs his Jumpluff and took it down pretty handily. Jumpluff doesn't exactly have a lot of offence and Ramos kept using Acrobatics as opposed to Leech Seed on me (which I was pretty thankful for). After a Nuzzle and repeated Electroballs Jumpluff was toast. Ramos when switched in his Gogoat, which I paralyzed and then switched out of Bulldoze in order to bring in Wobbuffet. Three more Bulldozes and Gogoat was down from the ridiculous power Counter did back to him. I brought in my least favourite squad member (Ledian) to battle Weepinbell as its resistance and high special defence actually allowed it to tank the frankly weak Acids from Weepinbell. Battle was pretty standard really.

After that I moved onto the Power Plant on Route 13... Have I mentioned how much I hate this route with a passion? After I made it to the Power Plant, I managed to battle my way past Team Flare and kinda realised how not bulky this team is. I had to switch around a lot to deal with threats from Flare. Unbelievably Ledian managed to OHKO a Mightyena with Bug Buzz through this section! Ended up with a fairly battered team by the time I came out of the otherside... Slowly realising I was going to have a big problem with a certain Gym Leader.

Luckily... Codraroll realised I could buy dig from Shalour City. I'd also picked up Super Fang on Pachirisu while fighting Team Flare at the Power Plant. Clemont's team was going to be the biggest test of mine so far because of having so many things that are weak to electric. Pachirisu is my only resist... And of course my Nuzzle plan that had been working so well for other gym leaders was also going to be null and void thanks to Gen 6's new mechanics. I am trying to go 3v3 with the Gym Leaders... Clemont was going to be a test. I matched him on levels, but my team had nothing to really block his electric moves and overall power.

Pachirisu led out against Emolga and I used Super Fang, Emolga Volt Switched out to Heliolisk. That was a problem... I was hoping he would switch to Magneton in order for me to Super Fang + Dig it... Instead I had to switched out to Wobbuffet and hope it didn't get critted or beaten on by Heliolisk. After Encoring him into Thunderbolt, Heliolisk went down. Out came Magneton. At this point Wobby was fairly beaten up and I switched in Pachi while Magneton set up the field with Electric Terrain... This was the opening I wanted. Super Fang into Dig secured the KO on Magneton as I was faster and only ate a Mirror Shot. Emolga was no problem after then, hardly scratching Pachirisu as I took it down with Electroball. As it turned out it wasn't as bad as I expected, but still I had to think about the battle a bit more than normal.

I moved past Serena with no issues at all on the way to Laverre City... Where I went toe to toe with Valerie. Luvdisc led out this match vs Mawile, who repeatedly attempted to Iron Defense in the face of an onslaught of Surfs. I have a feeling Luvdisc would not have lasted long had Mawile actually used Crunch... Mr Mime decided to be annoying and set up Reflect against Delibird, Aerial Ace still did decent damage through Reflect and I still 3HKO'd. Wobbuffet came out to match against Sylveon, obliterating it in 2 Mirror Coats. I'm currently outside the Pokeball factory.

Team is now in its early 40's and I still feel massively lacking in power. I still haven't evolved Skitty and have no idea when I will do that because it with Eviolite it is likely more bulky than Delcatty...

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-6-prevo-cawdet-final-product.3499782/

Bizarrely its a little over two years since I posted my 1k post... A lot has changed since then. Stellar/Nerd gave me the reins to Orange Islands, and I hope it's been a good time since that last post for everyone. This community is stronger than ever and I really like a lot of the people who hang out and chat in the multitude of threads in Orange Islands. More of you should check out #OI on IRC for real time chat and much slacker rules when it comes to wishlisting and conversation topics!

A lot has happened for me personally in the last 12 months. Smogon has been a stable base for me to return to when things get hectic, and thank you to everyone who continues to enjoy Orange Islands (Or CaP) and makes Smogon worth coming back to again and again.

Codraroll Thank you for being my "Number 2" as it were and looking after OI so well and becoming a great mod as well as a good poster. I still love reading your posts and enjoy the chats we have on IRC about all sorts of stuff. Thank you to NoCheese as well for running the Maison thread and putting up on site content.

Some of the other great OI posters (Pikachu315111, Gabe, Vader_the_White, stage7_4 to name a few), keep up the good work and keep your posts as informative as ever. Hopefully when Sun and Moon comes around we will have some new guys to look after too! Thanks to Karxrida who has looked after the Z thread... Which mutated unto the Sun/Moon thread over the last few months... Let's hope April brings some good news! (Where did Pokemon Z go exactly?).

The Aussie contingent on IRC as always (Its_A_Random MikeAU cant say and IRC user Patrick) who make mornings and late evenings good times to be on IRC. I even met MikeAU last year near the end of the Summer as he was touring Europe! I'll have to take up the offer to go to Ausralia at some point seriously in the next year or so!

All the guys who support the CaP Prevos and the other cool CaP mods and posters too :) All you guys are great and I enjoy talking to you (I really should get on Showdown more often).

skylight for offering/getting me involved with writing articles for Smogon's on site side of things. It's a big responsibility and I'm really enjoying it... This post is also the reason I haven't posted stuff for the latest article yet!

TheMantyke for generally being a cool dude and now being one of the older stalwarts of Smogon! I do however sorely miss the streams with him and Jimera0 but school is a lot more important than Mons is, so good luck to you both.

Anyhow, I've rambled a lot this post. Stay cool and be nice to each other! Here's to another 1000 posts!

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
DHR-107:
Congrats on your 2k post! :D You along with Codraroll not only do a good job monitoring but also are just as active (this is not saying other monitor's aren't, its just that I see DHR-107 and Codraroll the most mainly since I stick to Orange Islands). And thanks for the shout out!

Anyway, guess I'll comment on your run so far:

Yeah, Wobbuffet can be a surprisingly good team member. I had him on my Sapphire run (hatched from the Wynaut egg you get) and he helped me get out of a few situations knowing Encore, Counter, Mirror Coat, and Destiny Bond.

Anyway sounds like you're making your way through the game just fine, struggling against onslaught sections though those are meant to wear your team down because they're the bad guys.

And if you're going to keep Skitty as a Skitty you may need to have Litra redraw the title card. ;P

A small reminder, once you get to Dendemille Town there's the Hex Maniac who sells Moo Moo Milk, you may want to pick up a dozen. There's also the Move Reminder but I don't think your team can learn anything from him. Maybe Fake Out for Skitty? And I'm sure you know the locations of the TMs you want.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
(either to annoy…).
haha nah congrats man! I think you missed the most important part; your banner now works

I really need to get on IRC more. Once S&M news starts rolling out I'll be around way more often.

Enjoying the write-up so far, I'm really rooting for #teamwobbuffet

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So I have done a lot of levelling since the last time I posted an updated team... I'm now in the Lv 50's. I played a bit for myself to progress, Olympia was pretty much a pushover with most of her team being weak to the now super powered Thunderbolt Pachirisu (I purposely switched in Wobby to take down Meowstic because I could). Team Flare's base was taxing because of the number of battles you have to do and the lack of OHKO power I have on the team.

I am currently deep within the bowls of the Geosenge base... About to have the marathon matchs vs the Team Flare guys and then taking on Yveltal (I'll just use the masterball anyway). After this it will be off to battle Wulfric and then onto the E4!

Pachirisu Lv 50
Rash/Run Away
- Thunderbolt
- Dig
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 51
Modest/Swift Swim
- Water Pulse
- Charm
- Surf
- Hydro Pump

Ledian Lv 52
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Strength
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 52
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 51
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace
- Fly
- Thief

Delcatty Lv 51
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Assist
- Feint Attack

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
The battle with Sycamore was easy enough, as were the rival matches on the bridge. Only Goodra proved to be a giant pain after it critted about 4 times in a row with Dragon Pulse. Having both Nuzzle and T Wave on my team is really helping with speed control in a lot of matches where I might have struggled.

The match with Wulfric was fairly uneventful. Delibird led off and beat on Abomasnow, then killed Cryogonal and then I simply switched to Wobby and KO'd Avalugg after it Crunched me!

With 8 badges in my possession I have started the long slog north up Victory Road. The trainers there are surprisingly strong for my rather lacking team. Steelix taking 3 surfs to KO, Delibird being KO'd a lot of times as everything and its mother apparently is packing an rock typed move... I've had to use a lot of revives and heals to get to the Rival match. I was not expecting much out of this battle, and so it was I defeated my rival without too many issues.

I am going to try and go toe to toe with the E4 and match their Pokemon counts with my own. So each match will be 4v4 until Diantha. I am actually pretty worried about Drasna and Wikstrom... Dragons and Steels are a giant pain for my team.

Pachirisu Lv 59
Rash/Run Away
- Thunderbolt
- Dig
- Super Fang
- Nuzzle

Luvdisc Lv 59
Modest/Swift Swim
- Ice Beam
- Charm
- Surf
- Hydro Pump

Ledian Lv 59
Careful/Swam
- Bug Buzz
- Psybeam
- Strength
- Reflect

Wobbuffet Lv 59
Bold/Shadow Tag
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Destiny Bond

Delibird Lv 59
Adamant/Hustle
- Ice Shard
- Aerial Ace
- Fly
- Thief

Delcatty Lv 59
Quirky/Cute Charm
- Thunder Wave
- Return
- Assist
- Play Rough

I recommend you to give Delcatty Shadow Ball over Play Rough as its coverage is more useful for the Elite Four. Additionally, you probably want Focus Blast on Ledian.

Luvdisc should be able to do decent against Malva, with Pachirisu to help vs. Talonflame.

Siebold is weak to Pachirisu, with Luvdisc being able to give defensive support.

Drasna has two Pokémon x4 weak to Ice, so bring Luvdisc and Delibird.

Pachirisu can handle some of Wikstrom, with Luvdisc providing some neutral Water STAB. Those two are also the least vulnerable to Aegislash.

Diantha has a massive weakness to Ice, so go to town with Luvdisc and Delibird. Aurorus has a lot of other weaknesses to exploit, plus its attacks are innaccurate. Gardevoir is something else, though, you probably want to use Wobbuffet to take it out.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
I recommend you to give Delcatty Shadow Ball over Play Rough as its coverage is more useful for the Elite Four. Additionally, you probably want Focus Blast on Ledian.

Luvdisc should be able to do decent against Malva, with Pachirisu to help vs. Talonflame.

Siebold is weak to Pachirisu, with Luvdisc being able to give defensive support.

Drasna has two Pokémon x4 weak to Ice, so bring Luvdisc and Delibird.

Pachirisu can handle some of Wikstrom, with Luvdisc providing some neutral Water STAB. Those two are also the least vulnerable to Aegislash.

Diantha has a massive weakness to Ice, so go to town with Luvdisc and Delibird. Aurorus has a lot of other weaknesses to exploit, plus its attacks are innaccurate. Gardevoir is something else, though, you probably want to use Wobbuffet to take it out.
Play Rough is much better than Shadow Ball for Drasna though (Although MAYBE I'll get rid of Assist... But it's just so funny). Luvdisc is super weak on offence, and I have been tending to use Charm pretty consistently to help out the team. Druddigon (especially) and Dragalge are going to be the pains I think, the others I can play around with Pachi (Nuzzle + Super Fang). That will basically be my strategy for the majority of the mons. Pachirisu is going to get a lot of work during the E4, Electric is just a decent type and he has a very useful moveset. I'm not scared of Seinbold at all (apart from MAYBE his Starmie), and Malva should be a cakewalk. Having two Pokemon with paralyze support is actually a huge positive for my team as the majority of the members are on the slower side of things... I will probably put Ice Beam over Thief on Delibird for the extra "power" (Ha... what a term to use for this team), and to give me another option over Ice Shard (Considering it's sometimes dodgy accuracy).

I'm pretty much relying on Mega Gard Shadow Balling Wobby and getting OHKO'd back by Mirror Coat... I'm 100% sure I can survive the shadow ball, and if it uses any other move it's going to get slapped back in the face anyway (it only has special offensive moves). I'm not actually as worried about Diantha as I am Drasna.

The hard fact is that Ledian is unlikely to be of any help at all (surprise surprise) apart from to take down Siebold's Starmie... Or maybe throw up a reflect before dying horribly somewhere.

I am tempted to go and grab Brick Break/Shadow Ball from Terminus cave... Even though that will take a lot of backtracking and teaching MORE HMs to people...

I haven't used many fully evolved crampons that weren't HM slaves, but I have used some pretty questionable NFE mons in recent memory.

Sunken was a big one, since it has the lowest BST in the game. I leveled it really high in Emerald or w/e, didn't kno how to evolve it back then. I found it kinda fun, it has s nice movepool sorta. I remember playing my friend who was playing XD, and Sunkern died to Vaporeon's Ice Beam.

More recently I used Eviolite Ducklett in 5th gen. That was pretty fun, named it Lovebird. I wasn't really trying, but I caught a somewhat decent one. Careful with a 31 Atk IV. I like how Ducklett would wave it's wing in battle. It had some fairly decent moves.

Other than that I used a Xatu a long time ago in FireRed. It even used Drill Peck lol.

I think that's about it. Usually when playing I pick up crampons, then replace them with something bettr. One thing I do think would be fun is a Rocky Helmet or Lefties Luvdisc. It's horribly outclassed as a bulky water, but it can still play the role, being niche but not totally useless in game.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
Orange Islands
Wait really?

edit @ below: it's the fact that Ledian gets the move at all, not dhr's choice I'm surprised at.
Honestly? I was pretty surprised too... It saved me from having to switch a mon in and out of the team though, so that was good.

You need Strength to get through Victory Road. Same with Surf and Waterfall. He's already made it clear that Ledian's the shitmon of his shitmons so if it learns Strength, why not?
You do not need Waterfall to get through Kalos' Victory Road. No idea why not, but you don't.

Anywho...

After a few failed attempts (two, one vs Malva and one vs Siebold), I eventually managed to take out the E4. I decided to use as few items during the matches as I could get away with.

Siebold was first on my list, Pachirisu, Wobbuffet and Ledian took out Seibolds mons. Nothing too taxing here, Pachirisu taking out Clawitzer and Gyarados before Wobbuffet Counter'd Barbaracle and then Ledian came in to Bug Buzz Starmie (and managed to win!). I used one item during the fight, and then a few after to get my mons back to where they needed to be before I took on my next target; Wikstrom.

Wikstrom was not as bad as I expected... I completely misjudged the movepool on his Scizor though... Bullet Punch ended up taking out two mons before I realised I was being a dumb. Pachi beat up Klefki, Wobby beat up Probopass, Delcatty picked off the heavily weakened Scizor and Luvdisc went toe to toe with Aegislash, eventually taking it down with 5 Surfs and a Hydro Pump.

Drasna I decided to lead out with Wobbuffet against her Dragalge, a good choice but it left Wobby poisoned, it ended up dying later on from the poison damage. Luvdisc took down Altaria without much problem, and Pachirisu along with Luvdisc finished off Noivern. Druddigon unfortunately decided to crit me a bunch and swap in all my team members to the point where people died. Eventually Delibird took it down with an Ice Shard and that was that... Three down one to go.

Malva. My first try Vs her was a disaster and she rolled me pretty badly. I switched things up and led out with Wobbuffet, eating a crit Hyper Voice and KOing back with Mirror Coat. Pachrisu took down Chandelure through confusion hax with Nuzzle + Dig, leaving Luvdisc to get rid of Torkoal. I ended up being forced to use Delcatty, which miraculously activated Cute Charm vs Talonflame's Brave Bird as I TWaved... Making it a fairly easy way to finish off the match.

I was expecting some cruel twist of fate to befall me vs Diantha... But it didn't happen. Ended up being a fairly easy match for the Champion slot. Pachirisu easily took down Hawlucha, Wobby Countered a Crunch from Tyrantrum, Delibird Aerial Aced Gourgiest, Luvdisc pretty much KO'd Aurorus (it tanked a Thunder, which I used Delcatty to finish off), Delcatty then took out Goodra with Play Rough and then I switched in Delibird while I healed Wobbuffet to easily take the match with a Mirror Coat vs Mega Gardevoir.

I think it may have been impossible to win without being able to switch when I needed, but still it's an idea for another time. Az proved to be no challenge and I defeated him easily.

The final team ended up pretty much all Lv 65, with the moves stated in my last post. So I guess the challenge is over. It is possible, albeit a lot more difficult than using a "normal" team. Wobbuffet and Pachirisu were definitely the MVP's of the team, but Delcatty and Luvdisc were also pretty useful. Delibird was a bit more situational, but it was a powerhouse and got me out of some situations. Ledian was bad almost all the time. It had rarely any reason to even exist to be honest...

Honestly? I was pretty surprised too... It saved me from having to switch a mon in and out of the team though, so that was good.

You do not need Waterfall to get through Kalos' Victory Road. No idea why not, but you don't.

Anywho...

After a few failed attempts (two, one vs Malva and one vs Siebold), I eventually managed to take out the E4. I decided to use as few items during the matches as I could get away with.

Siebold was first on my list, Pachirisu, Wobbuffet and Ledian took out Seibolds mons. Nothing too taxing here, Pachirisu taking out Clawitzer and Gyarados before Wobbuffet Counter'd Barbaracle and then Ledian came in to Bug Buzz Starmie (and managed to win!). I used one item during the fight, and then a few after to get my mons back to where they needed to be before I took on my next target; Wikstrom.

Wikstrom was not as bad as I expected... I completely misjudged the movepool on his Scizor though... Bullet Punch ended up taking out two mons before I realised I was being a dumb. Pachi beat up Klefki, Wobby beat up Probopass, Delcatty picked off the heavily weakened Scizor and Luvdisc went toe to toe with Aegislash, eventually taking it down with 5 Surfs and a Hydro Pump.

Drasna I decided to lead out with Wobbuffet against her Dragalge, a good choice but it left Wobby poisoned, it ended up dying later on from the poison damage. Luvdisc took down Altaria without much problem, and Pachirisu along with Luvdisc finished off Noivern. Druddigon unfortunately decided to crit me a bunch and swap in all my team members to the point where people died. Eventually Delibird took it down with an Ice Shard and that was that... Three down one to go.

Malva. My first try Vs her was a disaster and she rolled me pretty badly. I switched things up and led out with Wobbuffet, eating a crit Hyper Voice and KOing back with Mirror Coat. Pachrisu took down Chandelure through confusion hax with Nuzzle + Dig, leaving Luvdisc to get rid of Torkoal. I ended up being forced to use Delcatty, which miraculously activated Cute Charm vs Talonflame's Brave Bird as I TWaved... Making it a fairly easy way to finish off the match.

I was expecting some cruel twist of fate to befall me vs Diantha... But it didn't happen. Ended up being a fairly easy match for the Champion slot. Pachirisu easily took down Hawlucha, Wobby Countered a Crunch from Tyrantrum, Delibird Aerial Aced Gourgiest, Luvdisc pretty much KO'd Aurorus (it tanked a Thunder, which I used Delcatty to finish off), Delcatty then took out Goodra with Play Rough and then I switched in Delibird while I healed Wobbuffet to easily take the match with a Mirror Coat vs Mega Gardevoir.

I think it may have been impossible to win without being able to switch when I needed, but still it's an idea for another time. Az proved to be no challenge and I defeated him easily.

The final team ended up pretty much all Lv 65, with the moves stated in my last post. So I guess the challenge is over. It is possible, albeit a lot more difficult than using a "normal" team. Wobbuffet and Pachirisu were definitely the MVP's of the team, but Delcatty and Luvdisc were also pretty useful. Delibird was a bit more situational, but it was a powerhouse and got me out of some situations. Ledian was bad almost all the time. It had rarely any reason to even exist to be honest...
Congrats! Now, use this team to beat all the modes in the Battle Maison!
What? I'm only kidding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)