Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled

Lionyx

is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
(apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place)

A lot of users are probably too young to ever have played CTR or simply do not know it, but Sony finally made it official and published a trailer announcing a remastered version of the game coming on PS4 in June 2019.
How many of you have played the original CTR and are excited by the news? I had been waiting for it for a while and I'm just so happy to see this trailer, after the many hours I've spent on CTR as a kid, and I still occasionally spend on it. This game had a lot for it, including features like the story mode or the battles in which you could choose the bonuses that spawn, drawing a difference between it and Mario Kart games despite them being similar.
After having seen this trailer I am very pleased to learn that the tracks of my childhood will be back soon, and even that there will be an online mode which I will probably spend many hours on (perhaps with some of you!)
There's nothing yet about the story mode, but we can be sure there will be something like that as it greatly contributed to the popularity of the original game back then.
Understandably and obviously, the game should make its debuts on PS4, but it is not impossible that it also expands to other consoles just like N.Sane Trilogy. Maybe we can look forward to crossplatform multiplayer experience given how Sony and its friends Microsoft/Nintendo have become closer as of lately? This is probably a very opportunist thing to say, but there's a possibility for it and it'd be amusing.

What do yall think of this news? For the OGs who played CTR, are you hyped by the trailer? And for those who never even knew what CTR was, are you tempted to get its remaster after having seen that trailer? I'm very hyped for the game if you couldn't tell and it's probably going to be one of my biggest center of interests for the upcoming months. If it is as good as N.Sane Trilogy and not trash like CNK, and if it has some new up to date content, it might be really amazing to play. Though I don't know if they are specifically targeting 20+ players who knew the game back then, or if they aim at selling it to everyone, which could be a wise thing to do, since as of recently, the all-family's racing game was exclusively Nintendo's Mario Kart. Either way, I'm gonna get my copy as soon as the game is out!

Start your engines~

Asek

Banned deucer.
ive played this game heaps. last busted it out... 2 years ago? and beat all the oxide ghosts in time trial. some quick thoughts

i think out of every cart racer ive played, ctr has the best driving experience of them all. the carts just feel that nice to drive - super responsive and you can do so much with the drifting if you know where its best used. small roster and only 4 'real' (not including penguin) types of cart make the choices between what you want your cart to emphasise clear cut. im half hoping that those other carts crash were driving wre just aeshteitc changes..... compared to stuff like mario kart the way the vehicles move around the track is so much smoother - im really hoping that this remaster retains the feeling exactly - i never played the crash remastred games but i think the way crash handled not being exactly like he did in the first game caused some issues on certain maps from wha ti heard....

some of the tracks are really good (nginlabs, swewer speedway, hot air skyway, polar pass....) but there are 2 tracks i think are just sHIT (dingo canyon, blizard bluff) and i woudnt mind if they touched those up a bit... altho i concede its likely they wont if its a simple remster. im curious as to whether theyll keep some of the more unintentional shortucts in the game (i.e hot air skyway lane barrier jump - cuts like half the track out lol)

the battle mode is where ctr really felt behind from same era mario kart to me - if there is to be creative liberties taken i think it should be here, maps are pretty terrible and the way the mode is played just feels bad. may also be due in part to the limited pool of items in ctr and the ones added specifically to battle mode dont do much. item varitet in generaly could be improved

regardless ive no plans of buying a ps4 so ill only get this if a switch / pc (really doubt they do pc tho) port comes to fruition

and if u didnt play as coco / n gin, u was a fool

ive played this game heaps. last busted it out... 2 years ago? and beat all the oxide ghosts in time trial. some quick thoughts

i think out of every cart racer ive played, ctr has the best driving experience of them all. the carts just feel that nice to drive - super responsive and you can do so much with the drifting if you know where its best used. small roster and only 4 'real' (not including penguin) types of cart make the choices between what you want your cart to emphasise clear cut. im half hoping that those other carts crash were driving wre just aeshteitc changes..... compared to stuff like mario kart the way the vehicles move around the track is so much smoother - im really hoping that this remaster retains the feeling exactly - i never played the crash remastred games but i think the way crash handled not being exactly like he did in the first game caused some issues on certain maps from wha ti heard....

some of the tracks are really good (nginlabs, swewer speedway, hot air skyway, polar pass....) but there are 2 tracks i think are just sHIT (dingo canyon, blizard bluff) and i woudnt mind if they touched those up a bit... altho i concede its likely they wont if its a simple remster. im curious as to whether theyll keep some of the more unintentional shortucts in the game (i.e hot air skyway lane barrier jump - cuts like half the track out lol)

the battle mode is where ctr really felt behind from same era mario kart to me - if there is to be creative liberties taken i think it should be here, maps are pretty terrible and the way the mode is played just feels bad. may also be due in part to the limited pool of items in ctr and the ones added specifically to battle mode dont do much. item varitet in generaly could be improved

regardless ive no plans of buying a ps4 so ill only get this if a switch / pc (really doubt they do pc tho) port comes to fruition

and if u didnt play as coco / n gin, u was a fool
It is confirmed to be on Switch btw.

I haven't played the original in like 15 years (I did play some of the PS2 games, those were still fun), but I can't wait to get some friends together and play this beast again.

BP

Beers and Steers
is a Contributor to Smogon
A lot of users are probably too young to ever have played CTR or simply do not know it, but Sony finally made it official and published a trailer announcing a remastered version of the game coming on PS4 in June 2019.
I used to play on my PlayStation 2 back in the early 2000's and I had so much fun with it. The game was fantastic and I loved playing the story mode. I'm actually super excited for this and I had no idea it was being remade. NOW IF ONLY THEY WOULD RELEASE A SLY COOPER GAME

>Tracks not from the original game

Honestly think this could mean Crash Nitro Kart tracks. If they're willing to have some karts designs from that game seemingly as alternatives karts, I don't see why they can't port over the more 'simple' levels from that game. (Honestly think a gravity mechanic is nothing something the developers would be willing to implement)

However, if this means brand new tracks instead, I wonder what those could be.

Now I want a Steam release dammit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)