SM OU Crawdaunt HO (Peak 1901 #38 on ladder)

This is my first RMT, so hopefully it comes out good. I already started this and then realized there was an automatic format thing, so hopefully the format comes out okay. The idea of the team actually started from several other teams I had been experimenting with. Basically, I took the strongest wallbreakers from a couple of different teams and what I had seen on the ladder, (Mawile, Celebrate Vic, Crawdaunt) and then tried to pair them with a more defensive/balance core. In it's heart though, despite having a ferrothorn, this team is a HO build, and should be played as such.

This brings me to my first pokemon,

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Z-Celebrate Victini is a pokemon that obliterates entire teams by itself. Against opposing HO and balance teams, I often found myself winning in one turn by bluffing scarf V-Create to force a switch, then setting up and sweeping the entire team. The set itself is pretty self explanatory, with Searing Shot and Stored Power as your main Stab Moves, plus Focus Blast to take out threats like Tyranitar and Greninja, as well as 2HKO Heatran. Against teams that lack a strong counter to this pokemon such as Chansey, or Quagsire, or a healthy Zygarde, it is best to set this pokemon up as early as possible, crippling the opponent's team for your other powerful wallbreakers to clean up and pick apart the rest. If the opposing team does have Chansey or Quagsire or the like, it is best to save for the mid to late game, after you've already hit those pokemon with a banded Knock Off from Crawdaunt.

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Next we have this team's biggest powerhouse, wallbreaker, and star of the show, Crawdaunt. The idea for this pokemon on the team really came out of a deep seated hatred for Chansey, Tangrowth, Slowbro, and other stall mons. With its Choice Band and Adamant nature, Crawdaunt's Knock Off OHKOs pokemon such as Gastrodon and Slowbro, and severely cripples pokemon like Chansey, Celesteela, AV Tangrowth, and even Ferrothorn upon switch in. Here are a couple calcs for Knock Off:
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 244 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 436-514 (62.1 - 73.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 266-314 (65.8 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs. 252 HP / 92 Def Ferrothorn: 242-286 (68.7 - 81.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 266-314 (69.4 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 226-268 (74.5 - 88.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Then, paired with Crabhammer and Superpower, it has the ability to OHKO other defensive threats such as Clefable, Mega Sableye, Heatran, Ferrothorn (with Superpower). Additionally, its max HP stat allows it to live hits from Specs Ash Gren and and then kill it back with Superpower.
Here are some calcs for those two moves:
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 40 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 280-330 (111.5 - 131.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Crawdaunt Superpower vs. 252 HP / 92 Def Ferrothorn: 300-354 (85.2 - 100.5%) -- OHKO after U-Turn by Tapu Koko or Lando
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Crawdaunt Crabhammer vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 272-322 (68.5 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
And of course, they KO everything else you'd expect these moves to (i.e. Heatran, TTar, etc.).

And finally, Aqua Jet, because you just have to have it on Crawdaunt. It allows Crawdaunt to threaten pokemon like Scarf Lando into switching to a defensive mon, where you will often find a lot of your Knock Offs on Chansey and Tangrowth, Crabhammers on Tapu Lele, and Superpowers on Ferrothorn. Aqua jet also helps clean up fast threats in the endgame, like Tapu Koko, Tornadus, and Volcarona, as well as low health Mawile, Medicham, and whatever else.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Protect

Next up is Ferrothorn. This pokemon basically makes up the entire truly defensive core of this team. If it dies early, you will need to play very smart to get around the lack of proper defense on the rest of the team. The reason I went with Rocky Helmet over Leftovers was to punish U-Turn users like Tapu Koko and Landorus, because this team can struggle to recover momentum sometimes once a U-turn core gets going. The point of this pokemon is not to take on pokemon on it's own, but to get up rocks, take hits and deal back Iron Barbs and Rocky Helmet damage, as well as to take hits from pokemon like greninja, mawile, and landorus. An important thing to note about this pokemon is that sometimes it is unfortunately this team's best way of dealing with Medicham. Getting a protect right on HJK will often decide the game. After chip damage from rocks or what have you, plus the iron barbs and rocky helmet damage from landing HJK, Medicham dies to Aqua Jet. In a pinch, sacking this pokemon to revenge with Crawdaunt is often the only way to really shut down a medicham. Fortunately, Medicham's common offensive core teammates like Greninja or Tapu Lele can be dealt with by other members of this team such as Crawdaunt and Mawile respectively, or Tapu Koko if the Tapu Lele is not Choice Scarfed and the Greninja has not evolved. Because of its lack of Leftovers recovery, it is important to get your leech seed off whenever possible in order to keep it healthy.

I feel like most people have a good grasp of the calcs for defensive ferrothorn, so I'll skip those.

1543372558549.png

Mawile @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Fire Fang

This is a pretty standard Mega-Mawile set, so I'll spare a long explanation. I think everyone knows what Mega Mawile does. What's important about this set though, is the Fire Fang in the 4th slot. This is the team's best reliable way of dealing with ferrothorn, and a lot of people expect knock off instead, so you can pretty often get away with an easy kill there. Another important thing about this pokemon on the team, besides its obvious ability to tear teams apart, is its ability to take hits. After Mega evolving, max HP mawile is actually decently tanky, don't be afraid to use it to absorb hits and kill something back.

Important calcs to keep in mind:
252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Medicham-Mega: 164-194 (62.8 - 74.3%)
-1 252 Atk Pure Power Medicham-Mega High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 195-229 (64.1 - 75.3%)
The above calc means that if you get the intimidate off and mega evolve in front of it, you can take a HJK and revenge kill.
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mawile-Mega Fire Fang vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 430-506 (108.3 - 127.4%)
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Water Shuriken (20 BP) (3 hits) vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega: 174-210 (57.2 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mawile-Mega: 222-264 (73 - 86.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tapu Koko @ Zap Plate
Ability: Electric Surge
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roost

My lead in almost every game is Tapu Koko, or Landorus so that I can start generating momentum and learning about the opponent's sets immediately. At the end of Tapu Koko's explanation I include some info on how it can help you learn about the opponents team as a lead.

As much as I love not running things with plus speed nature, this is the only fast mon on the team besides scarf lando, so it needs timid in order to be able to properly bluff specs with zap plate. Bluffing specs or z move is also the reason I chose zap plate over life orb or something. Also because hp ice doesn't really need to do damage, it just needs to hit landorus and zygarde for 4x damage. Since Tapu Koko's attack is actually pretty good, you'll want to use U turn for weakening serp and tangrowth instead. An important thing that Tapu Koko does for the team is build momentum by clicking U turn on things like Celesteela and Tornadus in order to catch switches into defensive mons, which you'll then use the wallbreaking core of the team to break down. You can also build momentum by clicking HP Ice on switches into Landorus. One thing to note is that sometimes when you want to bluff the specs, it's better to switch straight out instead of U-turning.

Notably, the zap plate on Tapu Koko gives a really strong boost to Thunderbolt with it's ability. It can destroy things like Tapu Lele, Mega Mawile, and Offensive Magearna after they've taken some damage.

Calcs:
252 SpA Zap Plate Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Magearna in Electric Terrain: 190-225 (63.1 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Zap Plate Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mawile-Mega in Electric Terrain: 225-265 (89.6 - 105.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Zap Plate Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Medicham-Mega in Electric Terrain: 246-289 (94.2 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Zap Plate Tapu Koko Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Heatran in Electric Terrain: 204-240 (63.1 - 74.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tapu Koko Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 256-304 (67 - 79.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Important note about Tapu Koko's mechanics:
On the first turn, if Landorus' intimidate happens before Electric Terrain, then it is Scarf Lando. The same applies to other Tapu's and their terrains, most notably the fact that if Tapu Lele and Tapu Koko come out at the same time, the one whose terrain ends up on the field is the slower one.
I just included this because not everyone knows this and it matters to the team.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Because what's a Gen 7 team without Landorus. Landorus is the supplemental defensive core to Ferrothorn. I included stone edge on this set mostly because I find it really fun leading Landorus and killing lead Tornadus by surprise. It's also just about this team's only way of beating Zard Y late game. So remove it for defog if you want to, since this team has no hazard control, but be aware that you'll have to hang on to Tapu Koko til late game if you run into a zard y team. Landorus is also this team's best way of beating Zygarde, by switching in to get off Intimidate and then spamming HP ice to prevent it from setting up a sub or DD or coil, and then either killing it, or keeping it weak enough to revenge kill with Tapu Koko or Crawdaunt or Mega Mawile.

Replays:
Honestly, I didn't save enough good replays of this team, which makes me sad cuz I love using it even though I haven't for a while.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-805277973 this one shows off why I run max hp Crawdaunt. It also is up on Joey's channel here if you want some commentary on it (and salt lol).
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-814314463

A great replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-828780619

Drawbacks, Weaknesses, and Bad Matchups to this team:

One drawback to this team currently is that I peaked with this a couple months ago, so it could be considered a little behind the meta. Still, it is a really good team and still performs well. It just doesn't dominate as well as it once did.

While this team and its highly potent wallbreakers are great for tearing stall apart, this team can sometimes struggle against other faster HO teams.

Another thing this team can struggle with is hazard stack teams. Thankfully in the current OU Meta they are pretty rare, so you won't really have to deal with that, but if you do, you'll have to make sure to play extra aggressive to end the game faster before the opponent can get a lot of hazards set up.

Threats to this team:

Zygarde:
If this pokemon gets set up, there's often not much you can do. And weakness policy zygarde is just unbeatable with this team. Auto-lose. To prevent the setup though, you need to switch in Landorus and start hp Ice-ing as soon as possible.

Medicham:
I went over Medicham a lot in this guide, so you should have a good idea of it by now. But basically, it can do huge damage to the team every time it switches in. Force it out by taking an HJK with Tapu Koko or Landorus, or stall it with ferrothorn.

Heatran:
Heatran is just annoying for this team to deal with. It's perfectly manageable between Crawdaunt and Landorus, and most of the time you'll have no problem, but I've been outplayed by and strugged with Heatran in the past, especially if it's a defensive set with wisp and protect or something like that.

Tapu Lele:
In the late game, this team often finds itself relying on priority aqua jet and sucker punch to finish its plate so to speak. Tapu Lele can give this team a lot of trouble late game, so you'll want to try to take it out with Mawile or Tapu Koko early. It's also a good idea to do your best to keep psychic terrain off the field.

peak.jpg

Conclusion:
This team was a lot of fun to use, and it feels great to break apart teams the way it does. It was my first really really successful team, and now that I don't use it as much anymore I thought I'd share it with everyone.

Pastebin:
https://pastebin.com/UapNFtxs

Edited to add another replay showing how this team should be played.

Last edited:
Hi man, i've seen this post today and i liked it a lot, a crawdaunt's HO is a very fun idea, so i'd like to help you improving this. The concept of the team is pretty cool, a HO based on Crawdaunt + Mega Mawile + Victini Z Celebrate, cause they were your favourite wallbreakers.
Now, getting into the rate, i feel like Ferrothorn makes the team lose a lot of offensive presence, it wastes all the momentum, if you needed a wall in this team maybe Magearna should have worked better. There are a lot of sets/spreads that can be improved to make them more efficient. Lando-T Scarf isn't the best option here, because Lando is one of the best suicide leads for HO teams and you can use other mons to gain speed control. The team is really slow and this can be an issue. And you say that koko is your lead but this shouldn't be good becuase Lando/Greninja Scarf force you out and they are very common leads.

Threats:

Landorus-Therian (Scarf): Crawdaunt and your own lando are the only things you have for it, and they are easy to chip with hazards.
Zygarde: If its choice band it has free way to just click thousand arrows and threaten you a lot, and if it's DD or Coil (or double dance) it can setup in Ferro, Victini or Lando trapped in Stone Edge.
Greninja Portean: It depends in the coverage it has, but usually is able to threaten the team.
Mega Medicham: It pressures the team a lot forcing a lot of the mons out allowing medi to attack.
Garchomp: Especially the SD Rockium Z set. It has grown in popularity lately and it pressures the team a lot.
Kyurem Black: You don't have a revenge killer for kyurem and this is a huge problem.
Mega Latios: Crawdaunt can kill it if it doesn't have Draco Meteor, and Mega Mawile can force it out, but still pressures a lot.

Suggestions:

: I recommend you to change the Lando's set into the suicide lead set, because it is one of the best leads for HO, it gives you Stealth Rocks and SD can force some mons out of the field.

: I wouldn't touch this set, i think its ok for this HO.

: Crawdaunt could have a better EV Spread, taking into account that its bulk is trash you should spend that evs on Spe.

: As i see it this Mega Mawile's set is quite bad and doesn't fits here, you need at least Spe to outspeed Celesteela and Clefable and then you cand spend the rest in HP to make Mawi bulkier.

>>
: Kartana fits better than Koko here, this way you have one less ground weakness, you have an extra wincon against rain teams, and Kartana gives you speed and hazard control which is really good in this HO.

>>
:
You could get rid of Ferrothorn in this team cause i don't think the team needs it. I replaced it with a Calm Mind Tapu Lele which gives you a great wincon in some scenarios, and makes the team more consistent.

Import:

https://pokepast.es/4c4be1ccf3398fbe

I think that the version i made is very cool, i have tested it a lot today and it works right, i hope you like it :D
Peace.

~Sinkyr

Last edited:
Hi man, i've seen this post today and i liked it a lot, a crawdaunt's HO is a very fun idea, so i'd like to help you improving this. The concept of the team is pretty cool, a HO based on Crawdaunt + Mega Mawile + Victini Z Celebrate, cause they were your favourite wallbreakers.
Now, getting into the rate, i feel like Ferrothorn makes the team lose a lot of offensive presence, it wastes all the momentum, if you needed a wall in this team maybe Magearna should have worked better. There are a lot of sets/spreads that can be improved to make them more efficient. Lando-T Scarf isn't the best option here, because Lando is one of the best suicide leads for HO teams and you can use other mons to gain speed control. The team is really slow and this can be an issue. And you say that koko is your lead but this shouldn't be good becuase Lando/Greninja Scarf force you out and they are very common leads.

Threats:

Landorus-Therian (Scarf): Crawdaunt and your own lando are the only things you have for it, and they are easy to chip with hazards.
Zygarde: If its choice band it has free way to just click thousand arrows and threaten you a lot, and if it's DD or Coil (or double dance) it can setup in Ferro, Victini or Lando trapped in Stone Edge.
Greninja Portean: It depends in the coverage it has, but usually is able to threaten the team.
Mega Medicham: It pressures the team a lot forcing a lot of the mons out allowing medi to attack.
Garchomp: Especially the SD Rockium Z set. It has grown in popularity lately and it pressures the team a lot.
Kyurem Black: You don't have a revenge killer for kyurem and this is a huge problem.
Mega Latios: Crawdaunt can kill it if it doesn't have Draco Meteor, and Mega Mawile can force it out, but still pressures a lot.

Suggestions:

: I recommend you to change the Lando's set into the suicide lead set, because it is one of the best leads for HO, it gives you Stealth Rocks and SD can force some mons out of the field.

: Crawdaunt could have a better EV Spread, taking into account that its bulk is trash you should spend that evs on Spe.

: As i see it this Mega Mawile's set is quite bad and doesn't fits here, you need at least Spe to outspeed Celesteela and Clefable and then you cand spend the rest in HP to make Mawi bulkier.

>>
: Kartana fits better than Koko here, this way you have one less ground weakness, you have an extra wincon against rain teams, and Kartana gives you speed and hazard control which is really good in this HO.

>>
:
You could get rid of Blacephalon in this team cause i don't think the team needs it. I replaced it with a Calm Mind Tapu Lele which gives you a great wincon in some scenarios, and makes the team more consistent.

Import:

I think that the version i made is very cool, i have tested it a lot today and it works right, i hope you like it :D
Peace.

~Sinkyr
Thanks for your input! I really like your ideas. It feels like a different version of the team that's also up to date on the meta and sticks a little closer to the idea of HO. It's worth noting that I didn't actually have blacephalon, I think you meant Tapu Lele over Ferrothorn I guess. One concern of mine about that is lack of switch ins, plus this team can rely on priority quite a bit and Tapu Lele may sort of harm myself. But I guess I'll have to see how that goes. I really like the team overall and it looks fun to use, so I'm definitely gonna try it out. Thanks!

Hey Sinkyr I like those changes except I feel Zygarde fits better over Tapu LeLe Since it helps with Heatran more which this team doesn't switch in well to and having Tapu LeLe with 2 Strong Priority move users can come back and bite you in the ass.

Hi, first of all ty for your response n_n, yeah that can happen, you need to know when and how to play tapu lele right or it could be counterproductive for the team. For example it is very useful to prevent greninja ash from spamming water shuriken and winning against scarf kartana or boosted Victini.

Zygarde would work for sure, HO allow a lot of variations ig, when i was trying to cover tran, the first thing i though was using gyarados dd instead of crawdaunt but i tried to avoid changing the basics (the essence) of the team just to cover weaknesses so i focused on checking threats with offensive pressure mainly.

Hey Sinkyr I like those changes except I feel Zygarde fits better over Tapu LeLe Since it helps with Heatran more which this team doesn't switch in well to and having Tapu LeLe with 2 Strong Priority move users can come back and bite you in the ass.
That sounds good, I’m going to try a variant with zygarde too now. Thanks!

Finding that the Tapu Lele version of it struggles with a lack of switch ins and poor endgame because of removing my ability to finish a game with priority. It works pretty well most of the time, but sometimes it really struggles. I'm gonna try out the Zygarde version next.

Threats:

Suggestions:

>>

>>
:
You could get rid of Ferrothorn in this team cause i don't think the team needs it. I replaced it with a Calm Mind Tapu Lele which gives you a great wincon in some scenarios, and makes the team more consistent.

Import:

Peace.

~Sinkyr
what about ash gren and koko with that version tho

Last edited:
what about ash gren and koko with that version tho
Ash gren wasn't too much of an issue because of kart and crawdaunt checking it, as well as tapu lele preventing water shuriken, but Tapu Koko was a huge problem with that version. Like, I basically could do nothing against it half the time lol.

yo goshdarnittt, cool team and I feel like this is a good take on z celebrate victini offense, which is underrated. the breakers are good against fatter teams even though they slightly struggle vs more offensive teams, but they have priority to mitigate that. z celebrate tini also has a good matchup vs more offensively oriented teams, however i feel like this matchup could be slightly improved. however, i feel like there is quite a large heatran weakness when neither mawile with that set nor ferrothorn can touch it and it claims a free kill every time it comes in. in addition, zygarde poses an issue to the team as landorus-t is not a great only answer to zygarde, which can pressure landorus considerably with sets such as glare being as prevalent as they are. in addition, even on an offensive team, not having any kind of tspike removal or hazards of your own other than rocks to pressure a defog is not optimal. grasses like tapu bulu and mega venusaur are also quite scary. thankfully, i did not need to make any pokemon changes to fix this team.

the first thing that i did was go with a curse > protect and leftovers > rocky helmet on ferrothorn with 168 spdef and 88 def evs. first off, i feel like rocky helmet protect is counterproductive as you dont gain the passive recovery leftovers has. curse ferrothorn is actualy a pretty fire set and i used the updated team up 15 3 upto 1900 with the team and i have several replays showing curse ferro in action. curse ferrothorn fixes the zygarde matchup and checks all mega scizor sets barring multiple crits in a row. this set also can beat the likes of mawile, bisharp, reuniclus, cm clefable and acts as a win condition against many teams especially after an opponents fire type gets removed and grasses like sd tapu bulu are heavily pressured. Curse ferrothorn nearly 6-0es rain and dramatically moves the matchup to your favor, no matter which type of rain you face and has a good matchup vs common hyper offenses. the spdef and lefties help it better handle water types like ash-greninja.

next, i made mawile from fire fang to thunder punch with more speed evs. with an already better scizor matchup, fire fang is not really necessary for anything (ferro isnt much of a threat) and running a mawile hardwalled by the likes of heatran and toxapex honestly sucks especially when your team has no switch in to heatran. using electric terrain, mega mawile can deal an absurd amount of damage to heatran for curse ferrothorn to have a way better matchup. in addition, running mawile without speed is quite bad in this case as you really need to outpace the likes of mega venusaur, magearna, clefable, and 0 speed tapu bulu. running more speed considerably improves the matchup vs grasses, however, the team will still immensely struggle against breaking a well played mega venusaur. however, this still does worsen your kartana and ferrothorn matchup.

after that, i made tapu koko leftovers and defog > hp ice as you said you meant to bluff specs so chose zap plate, however, this does not actually help much since sets like shuca berry and zap plate are far more popular than choice specs and one can quickly glance at the team and realize that the tapu koko is likely not choice specs and can also check damage, if they need to. leftovers provides tapu koko with added longetivity, which is especially useful for celesteela and hawlucha. defog is essential to remove tspikes and you can consider changing the set because in testing, this was probably the worst pokemon on the team. however, i think defog is needed on these kinds of builds.

lastly, i added 84 speed to crawdaunt to creep slow pokemon such as assault vest magearna, clefable, celesteela, pelipper, and slow tyranitar sets like assault vest. i think creeping those pokemon is crucial on this team, especially clefable and magearna, where the speed pops up very often and youre only sacrificing a limited amount of bulk.

i was unfortunately locked on the account since someone gave me the pw to an account(which was their main) to ladder it up and since i got weeklocked on it i started loading memes because i did not want to get locked again and didn't plan to use it after the lock expired. so the gxe was like 83 and i tested this team and got 15 3 to 1900.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-829896221 - this was against one of my friends who had an 89 gxe and this shows curse ferro in action after i kill his fire blast slowbro and aop tornt

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-829899209 this was one against rain where i got haxed, but i straight up on if he didnt hjk crit which would have otherwise done 40 and i wouldve seeded it back and gotten the whip off so he got a crit in 1/2 chances.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-829899209
in this case, i did not get haxed and curse ferrothorn changes the game completely

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7ou-829913645 curse ferro beats sd sciz by pp stalling roost. its important to note crit knock off never kills after sciz has already knocked off the item

Victini @ Normalium Z
Ability: Victory Star
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Searing Shot
- Stored Power
- Focus Blast

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

Mawile @ Mawilite
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Play Rough
- Thunder Punch

Tapu Koko @ Leftovers
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 20 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Defog
- Roost
- U-turn

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 80 Def / 172 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Curse
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stone Edge
- U-turn

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)