Metagame Crazyhouse

fun team for day 1 (or 2?) crazyhouse https://pokepast.es/dd29b7507bd6d02d, i got to top 20 with it which translates to approximately 4 elo rn, it's mostly just fun HO spam rn and i'm all for that, very fun meta, but i definitely get the impression that blacephalon's days are numbered, i think random lure sets like scarfed rilla/tran/nidoking/primarina, custap tanks, even counter/mirrorcoat can all do well since they dramatically shift momentum in ur favour here. also recoil moves like headsmash doubleedge and flareblitz are really nice, archeops is cool here because after rocks+theft or even just headsmashrecoil+theft it's in defeatist so ur opponent doesn't get value out of the steal so unlike most other mons it's something u can actually sack. oh and i think eject button has potential here for the same reason of sacks not being so easy in crazyhouse

In a previous post I made I said Kartana was a great choice in this Metagame since it can easily stack up boosts when the opponent can have more than 6 Pokemon.
Looking at it, I think I found a great partner for it.
:ss/Kartana: :ss/Blaziken:

Kartana @ Chople Berry
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 148 HP / 108 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 19 Atk (Showdown may set your IVs to 31 even after applying the 19 IVs to Atk, so be careful before going into a match)
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Sacred Sword
- Steel Beam

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- High Jump Kick
- Vacuum Wave

Blaziken and Kartana as a core utilize the capture mechanic very well, as both can't KO each other at full health, but can do so at half health.
Suppose Blaziken is captured by the opponent and your Kartana is at full health. In this scenario, Blaziken can't switch into Kartana and is beast boost food instead. Vacuum Wave will not KO Kartana at full health and with Chople Berry, meaning your opponent can't deny your sweep if they have your Blaziken.
On the opposite side, Kartana will always be KO'd at half health, meaning you will always deny their sweep with your Kartana if you still have Blaziken.
4 SpA Life Orb Blaziken Vacuum Wave vs. 148 HP / 0 SpD Chople Berry Kartana: 148-175 (50 - 59.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Kartana will also always KO back Blaziken at half health, but not full health.
+2 0- Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Blaziken: 255-300 (84.7 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Both are given Suicide Moves as well, with Kartana having a surprise Steel Beam, that generally still hits hard as this metagame is hyper offensive and Smart Strike doesn't hit that much more than Steel Beam would. And Blaziken doesn't really need Thunder Punch or Earthquake for similar reasons.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Dibs on First Bug Report
Turn 11, captured Rillaboom switches in, immediately switches out, Is replaced by would-be teammate Hatterene. Unable to select a move for Rillaboom, unable to switch out "Porygon2 is in battle" game could not be progressed.
This CC2v2 battle with the Crazyhouse Rule and the battlerule !!pickedteamsize=3 was not ending, even if my opponent's Pokémons were fainted.
The code for crazyhouse is currently uncompatible with doubles and triples, I have submitted code that restricts the format to singles/ffa/multi because the code currently doesn't handle more than 1 active pokemon. I'll likely fix this when I finish this college semester.

this is really cool, the interface is lacking tho

it fits my playstyle totally as i'm a trick room bulky balance user and i save pokemons a lot, played like 15 games and lost once to hax...

and yeah, blacephalon is the biggest threat for now (blaziken is quite strong too). Maybe every beast boost, moxie users

Can I suggest a QoL change to the meta?
Due to how this Metagame works, there will be times when you get 2 of the same Pokemon on your team, and be confusing at times which one is which.
If it's possible, do you think you could modify the names of Pokemon? It can be as simple as having Weavile1 for the Host and Weavile2 for the guests. This can apply to Pokemon that aren't in a mirror match as well for ease of programming.

btw, guys, i took a team I made for OU (which is a NU team in fact but tailored for OU), i did literally no change at all, even though I suppose there are better strategies with Memento, Final Gambit and such. It worked very well

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If it's possible, do you think you could modify the names of Pokemon? It can be as simple as having Weavile1 for the Host and Weavile2 for the guests.
This will not be possible because you can simply nickname your Pokemon and then coding issues sprout from that. However that isn't a bad idea, I might beef up the data in the progress checker to include the original trainer next to the Pokemon if client support doesn't come soon enough.

Anyways let's talk some stuff I found on ladder and things I've laddered with.

:ss/torkoal:
Sun is actually a really fun playstyle I've been enjoying. While we originally thought Trick Room and weather might be a poor choice, I think if you build your team properly you can easily abuse intrinsic weaknesses and come out on top. Stealth Rock naturally takes care of the fire types so as long as they don't defog they'll become easier to reclaim. I am currently p high up on the ladder with a sun team I won't be sharing just yet, but Specs Zard hits like hell and solar power residual damage helps out w/ self-improofing. Eject Pack Overheat Torkoal ftw.

:ss/archeops:
Didn't expect this Pokemon to be so popular, but it's a pleasant surprise. Head Smash hits like a truck and after hazard damage your opponent will get it in defeatest range. The only issue is that it's frail so you can't risk it if you want that high power head smash.

:ss/toxapex:
Stall is going to be a mixed bag. On one hand it'll be a pain to claim the opposing Pokemon with stall, and if you lose a Pokemon on stall then the life expectancy on the battle increases 100-fold. However, being able to be resistant to KO's is neat. Highly recommend that you bring some offensive pressure.

:ss/shedinja:
I believe this Pokemon is a cop-out, but not really. Yes it is cool on how it's properties prevents the opponent from getting it, which means you can give shedinja a huge advantage vs your team and improof with that. But on the other hand it's a shedinja and dies if the opponent bring any sort of coverage and loses its value. A high-risk, high-reward mon for sure, just don't be surprised if this thing gets banned because of its 1-HP gimmick from a policy standpoint.

:ss/stakataka:
Trick Room is pretty cool. A solid anti-meta pick since everyone's going to be running choice scarf and hyper offense. Give it a shot. Just don't get counterswept by your own Alolan Marowak.

Edit: Forgot about this fucker

:ss/slurpuff:
DrumBurden is the best. If your opponent doesn’t have a counter for this you can just claim almost everything on the opponents team. Try it on screens!

Last edited:
yay new OM(otm)
(mini sprites for sets)
:ss/bisharp:
:bisharp: Bisharp is an awesome late game sweeper thanks to its great typing, attack stat and BEAT UP. Swords Dance is cool too. Beat Up is incredibly difficult to deal with xd. It's arguably of the same level as Weavile, I'm surprised noone mentioned it :(( before. Replay:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8crazyhouse-1567980680-1dkv2q967gur1k9gegda1t11knxkwocpw
Sucker Punch is also a great move if your team lacks a good Blacephalon check/revenge killer.

:ss/buzzwole:
:buzzwole: Buzzwole can actually switchinto Beat Up (Weavile and Bisahrp), Landorus and Rillaboom, and check Magnezone xD. It's great rn imo. S/o to the guy who brought AV Buzzwole to check Tran.

:ss/zapdos-galar:
:zapdos-galar: Yo this thing is crazy good. Fighting+Flying Coverage is already deadly, paired with U-turn, which threatens the occasinal switchins (like Zap and Koko) and the thing gains momentum. It's also a great Landorus Check, thanks to Defiant.

:ss/landorus-therian:
:landorus-therian: Landorus does what Landorus does.

:ss/slowking-galar:
:slowking-galar: Good spD tank, this thing can actually switch into (or at least check, not all sets run specs)Blacephalon (non-specs), Heatran. Tapu Koko and Magnezone. Regen gives it amazing longetivity. Glowking calcs:
252 SpA Blacephalon Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 134-158 (34 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Slowking-Galar Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Blacephalon: 154-182 (62.3 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 135-159 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 146-174 (37 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 82-97 (20.8 - 24.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after trapping damage (mstrom doesn't run max spa but still)
252+ SpA Choice Specs Heatran Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magnezone Steel Beam vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Slowking-Galar: 169-201 (42.8 - 51%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO

Now time for....
:ss/drednaw:
Drednaw @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock / Swords Dance
- Head Smash
- Rock Polish / Swords Dance
- Liquidation
Head Smash go brrr

:ss/darmanitan:
Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
CS Darmanitan actually looks like a good offensive pivot now. It also has access to Flare Blitz (nice CH buff).

Now presenting: Melmetal and The Fodders

:ss/melmetal:
Melmetal @ Choice Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 244 HP / 252 Atk / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Thunder Punch
- Earthquake
- Superpower

:ss/blissey:
Fodder 1 (Blissey) (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Teleport
- Stealth Rock
- Soft-Boiled

:ss/cresselia:
Fodder 2 (Cresselia) (F) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Relaxed Nature
- Lunar Dance
- Psychic
- Moonlight
- Trick Room

:ss/hatterene:
Fodder 3 (Hatterene) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Light Screen

:ss/chansey:
Fodder 4 (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Metronome
- Soft-Boiled
- Healing Wish
- Teleport

:ss/latias:
Fodder 5 (Latias) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Defog
- Trick
- Magic Room

I made this team a while back for OU as a joke, but after spamming it for a day and getting the top spot on the ladder by mindlessly clicking Double Iron Bash, I can confidently say it's amazingly well suited for this OM.

Very few pokemon can 1v1 Melmetal. Common moves like banded Urshifu CC, uninvested Heatran Magma Storm, and pretty much any Earthquake out there will simply bounce off of it (tankchomp doesn't even 2HKO). While it can take even strong super effective hits, no offensive mon really likes switching into banded Double Iron Bash. Blacephalon takes a minimum of 140%, Kartana takes 63%, pretty much anyone that isn't a tank or doesn't resist drops to one or two, and even then stuff like defensive Buzzwole gets 2HKOed. It isn't perfect, Pex, Ferro, Corv, lots of defensive walls can switch in, but those seem fairly rare in crazyhouse and they're all still susceptible to Melm's coverage moves. The fact is against most teams, when Melmetal comes out they simply have to choose who to sacrifice because the best way to beat it is to abuse its lack of recovery. This leads into the other five members of the team:

Fat blob comes in, fat blob presses healing wish, Melmetal claims both its teammates souls and an enemy's. Healing Wish is great because it doesn't allow the opponent to gain a pokemon while keeping my only real pokemon going, and as Melmetal's rampage continues for far longer than it should I gain more and more pokemon to open my options with. Chansey and Blissey both provide blanket checks to Blacephalon and many other strong special moves that do have a chance of taking out Melm, Latias walls Urshifu's STABs and provides a very valuable fast Healing Wish that outpaces Scarf Kart and Blace while also having the oppurtunity to Trick it away (if one want's to do multiple moves, simply use Magic Room. Also an option to let Melm operate without choice locks). Hatterene has Magic Bounce, instilling fear upon all who want to click rocks while also offering a late game Trick Room + Healing Wish to allow Melmetal to usually get 3 kills once the opponent is weakened, even cheesing past defensive checks in these three turns due to absurd damage + a massive flinch rate on DIB. Cresselia does the same as Hat but with absolutely absurd bulk and one very unappreciated niche: Lunar Dance restores PP. I think I'm the only person to ever base a team around that fact, but 8 DIB PP runs out fast, and no one EVER sees the refill coming, so it's a huge boon. If any fodder dies before sacrificing themselves, who cares? They're all pretty useless against Melm, odds are they'll be sacced and you'll get them back.

The team is literally just CB Melmetal + 5 sacrificial lambs. It's fun, it's great in this OM, and I think that limiting Healing Wish users to 2 per team might be a good idea because I do think it's rather unhealthy. It isn't without counters, but from what I've experienced it may still warrant going on the watchlist in some form.

Magnezone: Kill something with DIB or Thunder Punch, lose the game to Mag. Kind of common in this format, but not that much so. If someone smart has this mon, you cannot win, and I think it is the main flaw with this team. I'll die before I run shed shell like a coward (ignore blissey please)
Knock Off/Trick: Always switch to scout a Trick, but Knock Off is more inevitable. Fortunately, after a few rounds of spamming DIB it's often beneficial to lose the band, so this isn't a reliable counterplay.
Hubris: If you stay in thinking you'll live because you usually do, eventually you'll find a game where Melmetal gets dropped turn one. Instantly forfeit if this happens. You cannot win.
Heatran: While defensive Magma Storm does 95% max, any offensive variant melts Melm. Switch to Blissey, scout to see if they try to do the Magma Storm + Taunt + Toxic, and switch out to crush their dreams. If they go for anything like this, or reveal defensive, Melmetal can stay in on them next time if it's at full.
Ferro: If they switch in and don't have helmet, you can actually just DIB 2 more times and you have a decent chance to win with a flinch. If they do have helmet, just outplay. It's that easy. Simply outplay them. Always 3HKOed, pretty much.
Corviknight: 2HKO SpD Corv after rocks, for Def Lefties Corv just spam Thunder Punch over and over (literally everyone switches into it) and fish for a para like an asshole. If it's defensive with helmet, idk cry or something.
Toxapex: 12 speed EVs means you outspeed, you usually 3HKO it, cheese the fucker with DIB. Melmetal is the new Jirachi.
Shedinja: Instantly forfeit unless you wanna have some fun trying your luck with Metronome Chansey (or if you put some actual moves on the fodder mons)

Yeah uhhh just play like an idiot and it usually works out. If the team itself can't handle something, it usually can after mashing DIB and stealing some pokemon. Tank STAB super effective attacks, OHKO them back. It's quick, it's easy, it's free.

Last edited:
Found a bug where in the Super Staff Bros 4 metagame the Crazyhouse progress checker doesn't show up during the match at all. The progress checker seems to work fine in standard randbats as well as matches with more than 6 mons on a starting team so I don't know what could be causing it.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8superstaffbros4-1568582887

For those who know Staff Bros 4, this replay also contains permaflinching with two Instructs because you can do that in Crazyhouse and it's funny.

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
Found a bug where in the Super Staff Bros 4 metagame the Crazyhouse progress checker doesn't show up during the match at all. The progress checker seems to work fine in standard randbats as well as matches with more than 6 mons on a starting team so I don't know what could be causing it.
This is because Super Staff Bros runs on a different battle script with unique interactions compared to the one for Gen 8, which has the progress checker. Unfortunately, SSB is deprecated and the code for the progress checker is intended to be removed someday, which makes it doubly not worth the effort to include it to the format. Sorry.

I understand why Explosion, Self Destruct, and ESPECIALLY Final Gambit were banned. However, I don't quite understand the ban on Misty Explosion. It's honestly laughably weak for a self KO move and isn't really game changing even with the set up boost of Misty Terrain. Mind Blown & Steel beam get more bang for their buck when it comes to dishing out a lot of damage and preventing a capture. Healing Wish/Memento/Lunar Dance are clearly still around so it can't just be a blanket ban of moves that are guaranteed to deny capture.

What gives?

However, I don't quite understand the ban on Misty Explosion. It's honestly laughably weak for a self KO move and isn't really game changing even with the set up boost of Misty Terrain.
Hi! So... I was basically the one that reminded people that Misty Explosion exists and we did actually have some discussion about possibly not banning it. However, the reason it got banned is because we wanted to just have a blanket ban on all damaging self KO moves.

Overall, we're still super new as an OM! It's only been 50 days since the original post for this OM went up. When we got onto Trashchannel, we just did not have the volume of games to make council decisions easily! We've also been on main for only about a week now, so we didn't want to jump to conclusions on stuff like Mind Blown, Steel Beam, Healing Wish, Memento, or Lunar Dance too quickly.

Anyway, actually this post comes on the seventh day of crazyhouse being OM of the Month, so... on that note! Some changes are coming up soon most likely (if all things go to plan!!) so be looking forward towards those!!

Okay that's all from the other TL for now, hope y'all have been enjoying and continue to enjoy the tier!!

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
After one week into the tier, we now have our first bans, being Hawlucha and The rest of the self-KO moves!

:ss/cresselia: The other Self-KO moves (read: Memento, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance) have proven its effectiveness in the tier, and there were many teams that show how powerful they can be. It is safe to say that these moves have been used in an unhealthy manner, by providing team support that is almost impossible for the opponent to capture and use against the bringer of the set and thus was banned.

:ss/hawlucha: Hawlucha was banned because it was an effective cleaner and was able to easily capture a lot of Pokemon. This is partly by it's ability Unburden, which made it so it had doubled speed only on the first go around, meaning the opponent will have a hard time trying to recoup losses because of its permanently removed speed boost.

:ss/blacephalon: Blacephalon was looked at because while it did show a lot of power, especially with Mind Blown, the council wasn't entirely convinced as there is still solid counterplay (like Heatran and bulky resists) which meant that even Mind Blown could not save itself from being captured in conjunction with its frailty, making it worth keeping in the tier for a while longer.

A quick note on Shedinja: While we did look at it from a policy standpoint, we found that Shedinja is fine enough in the tier that it does not break the metagame premise and will still be allowed as a fun strategy.

Thing on SlateInstructberryalcremieUTBylethEggsEnd Result
Self-KO movesBANBANBANBANBANBAN
HawluchaBANBANBANBANBANBAN
BlacephalonDNBBANDNBDNBBANDNB

tagging Instruct to implement and tagging Kris cus they're cool (and to implement in case instruct is too busy)

Last edited:
:ss/cresselia: The other Self-KO moves (read: Memento, Healing Wish, Lunar Dance) have proven its effectiveness in the tier, and there were many teams that show how powerful they can be. It is safe to say that these moves have been used in an unhealthy manner, by providing team support that is almost impossible for the opponent to capture and use against the bringer of the set and thus was banned
Does this include Curse?

I present to you: The Meme Team.

Melmetal @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk
- Double Iron Bash
- Ice Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Darkest Lariat

Heatran @ Wide Lens
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Steel Beam
- Taunt
- Roar
- Magma Storm

Garchomp @ Choice Specs
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Scorching Sands
- Draco Meteor

Tapu Koko @ Air Balloon
Ability: Electric Surge
Naive Nature
- Brave Bird
- Nature's Madness
- Iron Head
- Dazzling Gleam

Gengar @ Expert Belt
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Perish Song
- Curse

Ditto @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Transform

If done correctly, the 5 normal members of this team should be able to completely destroy each other. Wide Lens Heatran is for those Magma Storms to land more often.

Would there be any problems with the set? Other than Special Garchomp and getting sent to hell by a certain alien clown, that is.
EDIT: Gengar applied. Might disrupt cohesion.

Last edited:
And how about lv.1 sturdy mons which rely on items, this mons are quite useless if they lose sturdy and also their item gets removed, so practically death fodder like 1 set which came in my mind , the good old ARON.
A meme player (Aron) @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 116 Atk / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Endure
- Protect
- Endeavor
- Aerial Ace
This set works even when you get damaged by rocks or spikes and brings enemy at 1 hp so other mons can prio or normal ko , so essentially its a trade a lv. 1 mon for lv.100 mon.
(Seems good on paper)

HiZo

我が為に苦しめ。我が為に狂い泣け。我が為に死ね。
And how about lv.1 sturdy mons which rely on items, this mons are quite useless if they lose sturdy and also their item gets removed, so practically death fodder like 1 set which came in my mind , the good old ARON.
A meme player (Aron) @ Custap Berry
EVs: 116 Atk / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Endure
- Protect
- Endeavor
- Aerial Ace
This set works even when you get damaged by rocks or spikes and brings enemy at 1 hp so other mons can prio or normal ko , so essentially its a trade a lv. 1 mon for lv.100 mon.
(Seems good on paper)
as a person who enjoys abusing endeavor tactics, they seem to be a lot better here considering that once they get captured, they are useless.

I generally prefer shell bell as it allows you heal from endeavoring and so you can have multiple uses. Something like this gives you a little more mileage before they steal it.

Togedemaru @ Shell Bell
- Fake Out
- Endeavor
- Spiky Shield
- Toxic

On the topic of level 1, some pokemon such as shuckle or some trick room setter allows you to take as much as you need from that pokemon before it dies so your opponent cannot use it for anything. A really good strat for sure but keep them away from hazards or they’re going to be useless regardless on who has it.

https://pokepast.es/0de05ce8508de186

Muahahahahhahahah!!! I don't think anything else needs to be said. They either sack, or they switch into something expendable.
Strategies like this don’t really work since you’re not forced to use the Pokemon you capture, and there is nothing on your team that otherwise would force the opponent to use Incineroar, Landorus-T, or Salamence.
In fact, your team is effectively a team of 3 Pokemon that don’t synergize well in hopes that your opponent is dumb enough to give you free Defiant and Competitive boosts.

Strategies like this don’t really work since you’re not forced to use the Pokemon you capture, and there is nothing on your team that otherwise would force the opponent to use Incineroar, Landorus-T, or Salamence.
In fact, your team is effectively a team of 3 Pokemon that don’t synergize well in hopes that your opponent is dumb enough to give you free Defiant and Competitive boosts.
Teams like this work really well in this meta. This one seems to be working just fine enough for me as I haven't lost with it yet. The 3 actually offensive mons counter each other well and the others are used to set up a win. It doesn't matter if your opponent is dumb or smart if they can't switch in to an attack or will lose a key Mon to their victory if they don't switch.

Because of the nature and meta of this meta you only need 1 pokemon to win. Your opponent also wouldn't expect the sudden speed boost from adrenaline orb. Not to mention that just because you know what to expect doesn't mean you can do anything about it. You know how many high ladder people lead landorus despite a person having a defiant/competitive Mon on their team or something with magic bounce or defog/rapid spin? Or set up sticky webs against a trick room or stall team? Or click defog despite a bisharp in the back ground (Half the time they are forced into those positions).

The pokemon that cannot touch your offensive mons and practically only have moves that'll benefit you but be detrimental to the opponent and (except for incineroar) are forced to hard switch out, don't synergize well? Why would someone make every Mon on their team an excellent Mon to be used against them if their opponent gets it. You eventually end up trading pokemon and using the opponents mons against them. They can't hard switch your own mons into you because if u predict that then they give you a the free boost if they are faster or a free turn if they are slower.

This team can win without getting a single defiant boost.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)