Create-A-Team Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing in pokémon that I have always enjoyed the most, even more than battling itself, is building a team. I love making teams built on a single idea or strategy, like setting up a specific pokémon or building around a strategy like Trick Room or Gravity, and tweaking and editing my team based on matches I had with it. If I run out of ideas to improve it, I most of the time drop it shortly after, even if it's good.

But, like most things in life, building teams is even more fun when building it together with some other people. Next to that, a team built by multiple people is possibly also better, made by the experience and knowledge of more than one person. The more the merrier, two heads are better then one, etc.
Builing teams with multiple people is fun, and creates strong and original teams. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who thinks so.

Smogon is the ideal site for such a project. With many active and intelligent competitive players, there are more than enough people who would want to participate in such a project. However, a thread like "hi guys who wants to make a team together with me" will probably just be ignored.

If you make it a little more official however, it could work like a project similar to battling 101 and CAP. Some kind of subforum specially designed for threads like that in RMT would be ideal. If it gets abused too much by people too lazy to make their own team (which I have to admit will probably happen), it could be regulated by a mod, only approving original and interesting concepts for a team. The size of the projects could vary from small threads of 3 or 4 members making a simple team to a large project involving multiple participants, only open for people who actually know what they're doing.

So in short: a RMT-subforum or some other kind of support for threads in which multiple people work on building one team.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
A lot of people collaborate on teams already (see "Kevin, Please Come Home", and the team ReyScarface used in his warstory). However, most of it is done on IRC/Shoddy chat. I don't see why you can't just ask around and see if anyone wants to, since threads are unwieldy to have what should be a live conversation.

Something like this was already tried a long time ago (like almost two years ago), and, to put it bluntly, it didn't work at all. If you wanna make a team with someone, just ask them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)