SPOILERS! [Crown Tundra!] List of Movepool Changes

I noticed that many of the physical Flying types got a move that's better than Aerial Ace and doesn't deal recoil like Brave Bird (Although Aerodactyl deserves the move and unfortunately doesn't get it... for now that is till the next Home datamine). I had dreamed of teaching Dual Wingbeat to many of the Flying types I have that knows Aerial Ace. DD+Dual Wingbeat Aerodactyl/Salamence's gonna wreck havoc since they can outspeed and destroy Sash holders after that DD. Of course if they return in the Crown Tundra.

I noticed that many of the physical Flying types got a move that's better than Aerial Ace and doesn't deal recoil like Brave Bird (Although Aerodactyl deserves the move and unfortunately doesn't get it... for now that is till the next Home datamine). I had dreamed of teaching Dual Wingbeat to many of the Flying types I have that knows Aerial Ace. DD+Dual Wingbeat Aerodactyl/Salamence's gonna wreck havoc since they can outspeed and destroy Sash holders after that DD. Of course if they return in the Crown Tundra.
I'm not sure where you are reading, Aerodactly *does* get Dual Wingbeat. Check the first post better... :P

I'm not sure where you are reading, Aerodactly *does* get Dual Wingbeat. Check the first post better... :P
Wait am I missing something? The paragraph you’re quoting is literally talking about how they think Aero should get Brave Bird but at least it gets a decent new move in Dual Wingbeat.

Wait am I missing something? The paragraph you’re quoting is literally talking about how they think Aero should get Brave Bird but at least it gets a decent new move in Dual Wingbeat.
Oh, I see what you meant. I misunderstood.

That said, Dual Wingbeat is arguably as good as Brave Bird. It trades power+accuracy for no-recoil+ignores sash/sturdy. I think both moves are equally strong.
It's just a bit of a shame that it only gets a actual flying stab now that the mega is gone.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor

That said, Dual Wingbeat is arguably as good as Brave Bird. It trades power+accuracy for no-recoil+ignores sash/sturdy. I think both moves are equally strong.
It's just a bit of a shame that it only gets a actual flying stab now that the mega is gone.
Dual Wingbeat is a lot worse outside of fringe abusers like Scyther, imo. Brave Bird is 50%(!) more powerful at the cost of recoil- however, wingbeat also has downsides that brave bird doesn’t, namely double-triggering rocky helmet/iron barbs (more common than sash and flying moves won’t break sturdymons anyways) and having 90% accuracy. If it was 45 BP each hit I think the argument would be closer, but as it stands Brave Bird is almost always the better option. Even Talonflame prefers brave bird, in spite of the fact that it breaks gale wings, because the extra power is just so important.

Dual Wingbeat is for the Flying types they don't want to give Brave Bird to for whatever reason (flavor, balance, doesn't matter). Almost every Flying type is winged so only Gyarados, Drifblim and the genies are ultimately left out. It's similar to how Seed Bomb is a decent move on its own but given the chance nothing prefers it over Wood Hammer or Power Whip despite the lack of drawbacks.

(Also please stop wishing for hidden power return. It's nice to not need to softreset for years or have to hack for legendaryes and eggs)
Due to Bottle Caps it's pretty easy to breed for Hidden Power now. In USUM I just slapped an Everstone on a Ditto and bred until I got one with the right Hidden Power. It probably took less time than breeding for good IVs would normally. The downside of course is grinding to level 100 to Hyper Train in USUM takes FOREVER but it's quite easy in SWSH so if HP did make a return it could be accessible with current mechanics.

But that said I'm glad it's gone. I feel like every Pokemon potentially having access to any move type was kind of dumb. Counters and checks are a lot safer now that you don't have to guess HP type against every Pokemon with more than base 70 SA.

Not only to change the type of Hidden Power, but also have Hidden Power revamped a bit to use the user's higher attack stat, much akin to Photon Geyser. Only way to revive Hidden Power is for Unown to return for the CT, which is possibly futile.

Due to Bottle Caps it's pretty easy to breed for Hidden Power now. In USUM I just slapped an Everstone on a Ditto and bred until I got one with the right Hidden Power. It probably took less time than breeding for good IVs would normally. The downside of course is grinding to level 100 to Hyper Train in USUM takes FOREVER but it's quite easy in SWSH so if HP did make a return it could be accessible with current mechanics.

But that said I'm glad it's gone. I feel like every Pokemon potentially having access to any move type was kind of dumb. Counters and checks are a lot safer now that you don't have to guess HP type against every Pokemon with more than base 70 SA.
I'd point that with the "egg" part i was referring to obtaining shinys legitimately with correct hidden power, but yes I agree with you.

Not possible because type is dependent on IVs, so to have Fire you need <=30 Speed IVs
He means literally "click her for your hidden power choice" with a list, and unlink the Hidden Power mechanic completely from IVs.

(which to be fair completely defeats the flavour of the move)

The intent was like oh my hidden power is steel, this is worthless & I don't want to rebreed or SR for the right IVs to line up. Here, new NPC, take this [rare currency] to make it Fire instead.
It can still be linked to IVs but, much like actual IVs and Abilities, you now have an option to cut the cruft once you hit post game.

Anyway moot now, I suppose. Whenever Unown comes back I expect they'll just make a brand new move specific to it that replicates its fucntionality but better (like it uses the higher of whatever stat to fuel it and higher BP)

252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Grassy Terrain: 169-199 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
Possible damage amounts: (169, 171, 172, 175, 177, 178, 181, 183, 184, 187, 189, 190, 193, 195, 196, 199)

Might not be worth it to run Adamant but uh yeah.

Only less than 2 months to go until Crown Tundra. Let's see if they add in or remove some of these moves the Pokémon got (like Absol should have Burning Jealousy and Lash Out but it doesn't for some reason)

252+ Atk Choice Band Kartana Grassy Glide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex in Grassy Terrain: 169-199 (55.5 - 65.4%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery and Grassy Terrain recovery
Possible damage amounts: (169, 171, 172, 175, 177, 178, 181, 183, 184, 187, 189, 190, 193, 195, 196, 199)

Might not be worth it to run Adamant but uh yeah.
Probably not as impressive as it sounds considering it's terrain boosted, banded, and Adamant off one of the highest base attack stats in the game. Also it requires Rillaboom to set up the terrain. Compare it to the busted shit that is Urshifu...

252+ Atk Choice Band Urshifu Wicked Blow vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex on a critical hit: 172-204 (56.5 - 67.1%)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)