Rejected Custom Pokemon Skins

I like playing gen 3 and 2 the most, but my favorite pokemon are not in those generations. We should be able to change the appearance of our pokemon. Example: The Tyranitar on your team in gen 2 can be changed to Tyrantrum, visible only to you. The appearance of blastoise on your team can be changed to Caracosta, so on and so forth.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
This seems really unnecessary. I can't think of any reason why you'd want to change one Pokemon's sprite to be another Pokemon's sprite. Even if you opt into it, it seems like it'd just be confusing.

This seems really unnecessary. I can't think of any reason why you'd want to change one Pokemon's sprite to be another Pokemon's sprite. Even if you opt into it, it seems like it'd just be confusing.
Because I like a lot of pokemon from gen 4-8. But I don't like playing gens 4-8 competitively. So the only way to have the best of both worlds is to turn Mightyena into Zoroark, Sceptile into Serperior, Gligar into Gliscor, etc.
I'm willing to put up with the possible confusion. My opponent won't be affected.
I want to play gen 3 with pokemon that came after, even if they will not have their proper stats.

Ducky

Aw Phooey
is a Contributor to Smogon
just wanted to second what dawoblefet said, this makes no sense, it would just cause confusion and is completely unnecessary. I can't think of a good reason why someone would want to change their sprites, and it just seems like a waste of time to code

just wanted to second what dawoblefet said, this makes no sense, it would just cause confusion and is completely unnecessary. I can't think of a good reason why someone would want to change their sprites, and it just seems like a waste of time to code
I understand that this isn't a high priority issue, but you can't say "this makes no sense". I already explained why I want this feature and why it's useful. I also explained that the "confusion" regarding it is a nonissue. If I'm willing to use custom pokemon sprites, that's my prerogative. I'm sure it would't be hard to remember that Zoroark is Mightyena.

The only problem with my suggestion is that it's niche and could be a waste of time to code. But who knows. Maybe a lot of people other than me would use it, maybe not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)