move 3: Quiver Dance / Energy Ball / U-Turn
move 4: Sticky Web / Energy Ball / Bug Buzz
item: Life Orb / Eviolite / Focus Sash
ability: Sweet Veil
nature: Timid / Modest
evs: 236 SpA / 244 Spe
ivs: 19 HP

[SET COMMENTS]
Cutiefly performs a fantastic role in LC by being an incredible offensive presence with Fairy STAB and Psychic, while having fantastic utility in Sticky Web, Quiver Dance, and Stun Spore. Life Orb is the most common set, and despite being frail, Cutiefly's excellent Speed tier allows it to get up Sticky Webs consistently, even as a lead. If you're not leading it, keep Cutiefly healthy and the hazards away to make it a viable win condition for the late game. Timid is generally used on sets meant to set up Sticky Web, although Modest can work wonders on Quiver Dance sets as it does more damage and doesn't underspeed much.

Cutiefly is appreciated by Pokemon that can take easy advantage of Sticky Web such as Corphish, Vullaby, and Galarian Farfetch'd, which appreciate having a reduced chance of being revenge killed. Fighting-, Dark-, and Dragon-weak Pokemon like Cufant, Drifloon, and Axew respectively also appreciate Cutiefly thanks to its ability to resist their attacks and combat them with super effective coverage. Cutiefly itself appreciates anything that can help remove Fire and Steel types, making Trapinch an excellent partner for it, which can trap and swiftly remove said Pokemon.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[<Yoshi>, <322194>]]
- Quality checked by: [[<tazz>, <240933>], [<username2>, <userid2>]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Last edited:
I think the set needs to be edited pretty heavily, I don't think that support cutiefly is distinguished enough from offensive cutiefly to warrant separate sets (and honestly 90% of the time you should be running offensive qtfly anyway, LO is its best item by far). The set should be:
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- quiver dance / energy ball / u-turn
- sticky web / energy ball / bug buzz
I didn't include stun spore as it is honestly pretty bad
- Item should be LO/Evio/Sash
- Nature should be Timid/Modest
- add IVs to bring it down to 19 for LO damage
- explain that LO is the most common set, as despite its frailty its amazing speed tier allows it to set webs consistently
- mention that timid is more common on sets meant to set up webs primarily but is very useful on QD sets as it improves rolls and doesn't miss out on much as the 19 and 18 spe tiers don't have many mons in them
s/o to Merritt for the slashing help
QC 1/2

Yoshi

IT'S FINK DUMBASS
Okay edited in.
- mention that timid is more common on sets meant to set up webs primarily but is very useful on QD sets as it improves rolls and doesn't miss out on much as the 19 and 18 spe tiers don't have many mons in them
I'm assuming by this you meant that Modest works well on QD sets so I put that in. If not, let me know.

ghost

formerly goldenghost
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LC Leader
Am-check, implement what you want:

- You have a couple redundant word uses - "fantastic" twice in the opening sentence, "appreciate(d)" in the second paragraph.

- I think this first sentence's phrasing of Cutie's offensive role is a bit odd; it's not the only fast mon that has Psychic. I would consider rewriting this as "Cutiefly serves as / provides a fantastic offensive presence in the Little Cup tier" and then support this with points about its powerful Fairy STAB and coverage, its role as a supportive Web setter, and its ability to sweep with Quiver Dance.

- If Stun Spore isn't going to be slashed on the set, I would remove it from the clause about Cutie's support options. Quiver Dance also isn't a support option.

- I would slash Shield Dust in front of Sweet Veil; sleep immunity is nice, but Shield Dust prevents Cutie from taking paras from Timburr Thunderpunches, flinches from Fake Outs, and burns from Scalds, among other things.

- "Life Orb is the most common set" is placed really oddly and doesn't really have anything to do with the rest of the sentence. I would separate this from the Sticky Webs sentence and place it after, and then explain that Life Orb is the most powerful item due to certain damage rolls which you can then add.

- You need explanations what each item does in addition to Life Orb (Focus Sash to more reliably set Webs as a lead, Eviolite for boosting with Quiver Dance and switching into mons like Timburr)

- You need explanations of what each slashed move does as well (Energy Ball for Onix and other grounds, U-Turn for pivoting off Munchlax and other defensive mons to apply pressure, Quiver Dance for sweeping, Bug Buzz for Ferroseed)

- I would avoid using the second-person PoV in the analysis - instead of "If you're not leading it, keep Cutiefly healthy and the hazards away to make it a viable win condition for the late game," something more like "Cutiefly appreciates hazard control, as if it stays healthy into the late game, it can perform effectively as a sweeper or cleaner."

- I would word the nature sentence more elegant - "underspeed" is a little weird - and mention a specific calc where Modest helps Cutiefly over Timid. I would also mention that Modest Cutiefly loses to other Cutieflies and Wingull.

- I don't think Cutie's dragon immunity is super relevant - what's even threatening your Axew with Dragon-type moves?

- I don't think reduced revenge killing is really the right description of how Corphish and Fetch'd benefit from Webs - it's more than Webs helps them hit faster mons extremely hard in spite of their mediocre speed tiers.

- Mention Munchlax, Ferroseed, and Cufant specifically as counters - there just aren't enough relevant Fire- and Steel-types to justify making this point generic. Trapinch is really good as dealing with the former two, so that mention can definitely stay.

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)