Cyberpunk 2077

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"In 2077, they voted my city the worst place to live in America. Main issues: sky-high rate of violence and more people living below the poverty line than anywhere else. Can't deny it, it's all true. But everybody still wants to live here. This city's always got a promise for you. Might be a lie, an illusion...but it's there. Just around the corner. And it keeps you going. It's a city of dreams...and I'm a big dreamer."

Cyberpunk 2077 is a first-person sci-fi RPG currently being developed by CD Projekt Red, creators of the Witcher franchise. It's based around a pen-and-paper RPG called Cyberpunk 2020 that came out several decades ago. I first heard about this game in Janurary 2013, when all we got was a few minutes of teaser footage. We've been waiting for more information for five years, until E3 gave us our first real trailer, then an hour of a gameplay demo a month later. I've never been this excited for a game before in my entire life--I don't mind certain RPGs, but I cannot stand medieval/fantasy settings in video games. I've always been a massive dystopian science fiction fan (blade runner being a hugely influential movie in my life), and the chance to finally live out a DEEP rpg in that setting is a dream. I'll be posting all information about CP277 I can as soon as it comes out.

Tl;dr check out these videos. Grab some popcorn before the gameplay demo, hahaha

If you want to get deeper into the lore and history of cyberpunk 2077, then these are great resources.
Creator Mike Pondsmith on the Cyberpunk world
Cyberpunk 2077 Lore Series
Cyberpunk Wiki

Last edited:
trailers look real promising with a developer that has a great track record for these type of games. I mean everything is subject to change so something could go horribly awry but if it stays on track, I'm def on board.

GatoDelFuego

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I heard from some devs on their company forums that the entire game is playable, but unpolished. If all they need to do is apply the polish to the level of that demo and fine tune specific features, then that's good news. We might see the game before 2020

GatoDelFuego

Hello it is me once again making a post in my own thread. Release date is here. 2020 as expected, to coincide with cyberpunk 2020 (the original game)

After nine years in development hopefully it will have been worth the weight

Reactions: BP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)