CYNTHIA WONDERS- STEP INTO THE CHAMPIONS GROUND

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi there smogon this is kenpachs and this is my second rmt. the rmt revolves around the sinnoh elite champion cynthia and i must say it been working quite well.

team preview

ahh roserade the masked plant force. my lead and a good one too. roserade main job is to incapacitate foes with sleep powder and set up toxic spike. i usually use it against politoed, ferrothorn or anything am sure it will force to switch. her typing is really amazing and can sponge most special attack with her special bulk even though this is a offensive set.

Roserade (F) @ Focus Sash Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leaf Storm- semi draco meteor and hit very hard to those that don't resist. i use it when i am about to die and just deal large amount of damage.

- Sleep Powder- to make incoming threats think twice before switching in.

- Toxic Spikes- ah her main job and grounded wall killer. toxic spike is there to mess up blissey, hippowdon or any of those auto weather mons. helps greatly by increasing damage. every turn.

- Hidden Power [Fire]- ferrothorn and scizor are hard to take care of when roserade isn't caring this bad boy. i can usually otk scizor and 2totk ferrothorn during switch in. if i predict my opponent switching cause they know i have this i can just set up toxic spike for that moment.

Cynthia dominant force and worst threat of all time to those that have played against it. the one and only garchomp. garchomp is a powerful threat to be aware of, he is also my offensive stealth rock and may i say he does a well job at it due to switches he can cause. it amazing typing let him only be weak to ice and dragons which is well common but still can work it around them due to other members of the team dealing with them.

Garchomp (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock- the best move of all time and can help deal with multiscale nite, and other flyers by taking a 25% damage of them.

- Stone Edge- puts those flyers where they belong and does great damage with it monstrous attack and life orb.

- Earthquake- strong offense move that take care of elctric, ground, fire and rock.

- Outrage- powerful stab only can be taken care of by steel but still does a large amount of damage due to life orb.

Cynthia second offensive power house with a nice typing. with justified and being hit by dark i get the opportunity of being a +1 attack boosted to sweep. close combat can destroy and hits hard as a last resort revenge kill sweep. surprising stats reduction don't matter as much. extreme speed is for those that are scarfed and are faster than me so that way i have a way of surprising my foe. typing makes it an ideal scizor counter. can also set up on wall.

Lucario (M) @ life orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- close combat- 120 power hits hard and sweeps

- Ice Punch- dragons, gliscors

- Sword dance- powers up and sweep.

- ExtremeSpeed- other scarfers for a surprise kill

Cynthia wall with basically no weakness. spiritomb act as my physical wall and it does it very well due to it typing. basically immune to 3 types fighting, normal and psychic makes it an ideal counter to conkeldurr, machamp and not to mention the wall destroyer reuniclus. with foul play i get to bring down some of the most powerful sweepers in the game like dragonite and scizor. it ability pressure is certainly a gift from above since i can rest/talk taking hits and reducing the pp of my opponents.

Spiritomb (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 SDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

cynthia platinum addition and also a anti stall and late game sweeper. with serene grace air slash do nice damge. air slash is the bane of all slow pokemons that face it. thanks to flying typing i get to dodge incoming ground moves and avoid the spike hazards. normal typing let me come in on incoming ghost types.

Togekiss (M) @ choice scarf
Trait: serene grace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 sp. atk / 252 Speed
timid Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- trick- wall crippler

- Air Slash- destroys slow pokemons

- aura sphere- for heatran and tyranitar thinking i will go for air slash

- Flamethrower- scizor and ferro.

another water type and cynthia defensive troll now if things don't go well with her i will switch in spiritomb for more resistance since i only use her weather battle against rain and she does well against jirachi and cruel.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SDef
sassy Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Earthquake- trolls and make it hard for sub rachi to setup. and kill terrakion.

- Recover- self explanatory

- scald- great move to cripple incoming physical sweepers and added damage.

- Toxic- kills walls.

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Hustle
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SAtk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- ExtremeSpeed- late game sweep and priority

- Air Slash- destroys slow pokemons

- Work Up- set up and sweeps

- Flamethrower- scizor and ferro.

If I was running Togekiss, it would have to have Serene Grace, expecially with Air Slash. Have 20% lowered accuracy can absolutely kill a match, while having a doubled chance to make the opponent flinch is too good to pass up. Work up is fine, but two of your attacks are special, so I would switch that to Nasty plot. Having powerful extremespeeds is great, but having really strong flamethrowers/air slashes is amazing. Personally so that speed isn't a problem I'd give it thunder wave, and switch the nature to modest/timid.

Oh and below your picture you wrote "roost is for recovery.", and then didn't give it roost...

I guess what I'm getting at is I think the paraflinch set is the way to go.

I'll write more about the others in a bit~~

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On Gastrodon, I'd recommend Scald in place of Earthquake, in order to more effectively cripple physical attackers and because it is a STAB special, while Earthquake is physical (which is strange on Gastrodon, considering it is Calm). If you need the Ground coverage, or prefer it, you should use Earth Power instead.

Mirror Coat is strange on Milotic - use either Sleep Talk or Ice Beam. Sleep Talk allows you to abuse Rest more, while Ice Beam gives Milotic a lot more needed coverage to threaten those staying in on it. Consider Recover over Rest if you choose Ice Beam - you may be weak to Toxic but it allows more consistency in the moves you can use and more freedom in Milotic's usability, rather than relying on Sleep Talk.

Your only response to Skarmory is to rely on your Water pokemon using Scald, which doesn't do much if Skarmory can lay all of its spikes. Consider Fire Blast for Garchomp, in order to deal more damage. You also have a weakness to entry hazards, especially Spikes, having no way to respond to them nor to immediately kill those that set them. Seeing as your team is themed, you might not want to replace anything, but for competitive viability you might want something that can more effectively respond to such, like a spinner or something like Magnezone to deal more effectively with Skarmory, Forretress and Ferrothorn.

apologizes didn't notice that flaw i will make it nature to sassy then. because earthpower can't do much against a plus 2 cm rachi. rehin thanks i will try the set out maybe with a body slam then

PokèManiac Livio

Un panino al salame
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey dude, I got your request :) I m happy to rate thi team, cause I built Cynthia team, for one Italian 4fun tour that i won XD Btw I had Milotic>Gastrodon 'o'. Let s rate it.

1. I don t like your Roserade Evs spreand, and his set. Thanks to Natural Cure Roserade is one of the best UU status Absorber, It work so well like Special Sponge too, thanks to His SpDef, and access to Sintesis or Rest+Switch back. So I suggest you to try this Evs spread 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe Calm Nature, @Black Sludge like Item and ~ Spikes ~ Giga Drain ~ Sludge Bomb ~ Rest / Synthesis like moveset. That s becouse Toxic Spikes are more Checkable, thanks to Poison Types, and cause Spikes can does damage to Opponents Spinner, that usually are covered to Poison (Tentacruel, Forretress, Starmie).

2. I think that Stealth Rock+Spikes+Spiritomp like spinblocker is Nice Combo, so i agree to use Stealth Rock on Garchomp, but I think that you must have a Good revengekiller, and Garchomp is the one that could be your. Togekiss is slower than all commons Scarfer in game, so I think that you must give this item to your Garchomp. Now Scafmoxiemence, and commons dragon are not a problem and if some scarfkeldeo Revengekill your Chomp, you can Boost on HpIce with Lucario and close the match thanks to hazards+ Priority.

3. I don t like Ice Punch or Crunch on Lucario, cause Terrakion could be a counter, and cause the most of dragons outspeed it, so Ice punch is useful only Against Gliscor/Landorus-T if they are not offensive. So I suggest you to try Bullet Punch instead of Ice Punch. Now you can hit and HOKO after Sword dance troubles like Terrakion or gengar, have a good moves versus improbably Scarftar etc.

4. The last thing. I used Togekiss, but Scarf Set is not useful in OU, cause it have low speed than the usually scafers. It also work more if the opponent is paralyzed, cause Paraflinch can kill thanks to serenegrace. So I suggest You to try this set: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD@Leftovers Calm Nature with this moveset ~ Thunder Wave / Body Slam~ Air Slash
~ Roost ~ Aura Sphere / Nasty Plot

:) Hope I helped you

Tl;dr

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SDef / 16 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Rest
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Outrage
- Earthquake

Lucario (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed
- Bullet Punch

Togekiss (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Air Slash
- Thunder Wave
- Roost
- Aura Sphere

Your descriptions are currently in violation of the RMT rules. If you expand them [a few extra sentences is all we ask for] and pm me with them, I'll unlock this thread.

Delko EDIT: also don't bump old threads, just post a new RMT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)