Da Croco' Swagg

Da Croco' Swagg
Introduction
Hello everyone! I want to introduce you to one of my teams, currently it is my best team and the team that I like most. This time, I didn't build for fun, but for the world cup of pokemon, a prestigious smogon tournament making 17 teams face each other. I used this team against HSA and won in a good game , but I'm getting off topic. So I built this team for Round 1, I took quite some time to make this team, but I think it is currently in its final stage, so I can write this RMT. While watching pokemon on TV, I came across an episode of Pokemon best wishes where I saw Samurott, initially I wanted to build around Samurott but why take a pokemon if one of the same type could do better! That is why I turned towards Feraligatr. You'll notice that this team is completely built around him as well as the movesets of my
Pokemon. Vamos.
Squad
Froggy' (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
I can't say much about Politoed for the simple and the only reason that it is there to make it easier for Feraligatr to sweep. It is already a monster without Rain, so with it it will become nearly impossible to handle. But let's talk about Politoed. I chose the Specs set for 1 reason. I needed a pokemon that could do a lot of damage to Latias/Latios/Rotom/Celebi/Ferrothorn while luring them in. I didn't want to mess up a slot with Keldeo, as then Specially Defensive Rotom would have too many opportunities to switch in. Latias is 3HKOed/2HKOed by ice beam, Ferrothorn takes 80% minimum from Focus Blast, just enough to weaken them enough to kill them with Feraligatr, but a problem remained. Yes this problem was specially defensive Celebi, who was 3HKOed by a Specsed Ice Beam. It only takes 40%, so I needed a move that would hurt it. That is why I opted for Hidden Power Bug. With this move, I can hit it hard enough that Feraligatr will be able to bypass it, as he will not hold an Aqua Jet from Feraligatr after a Sword Dance. Just enough to end the match, so I do not really have to switch in fear of Giga drain because generally I'll keep politoed for that. If it is offensive, it'll die on HP bug so I don't have any worries on this side.
Epineux' (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Let's talk about one of my most defensive Pokemon now, Ferrothorn. It can fill multiple roles at once and also saves some extra slots. It's not only my counter to the Lati twins, but also to dangerous things like Dragonite, Salamence and Haxorus, thanks to Rain halving its Fire weakness. Ferro is also my Stealth Rocker, something vital to any team. It certainly does a lot of things for my team! I decided to use Gyro Ball instead of Protect, as without it, SubCM Latias is a lot of trouble for my team. As for the spread, not gonna lie, I just did it randomly. But since it works, who cares? I use Ferro to check Rotom, and some of you will tell me that it's not that greta of a counter because of Will O Wisp, and I agree with you, but I do my best to play around that. Lastly, Ferro is my best check to Rain teams, which are very popular at the moment. I can easily check this kind of team thanks to Ferro, but you'll see that I did my best to make sure I don't have to rely on him alone for that job.
Toxicoman' (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- ThunderPunch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
Here's now one of Feraligatr's best teammates. We all know that Feral has a hard time against Jellicent and Skarmory, so I needed something that could lure in and smash both of these. I used to have SD Scizor with Superpower and Night Slash @ Life Orb, but I was in trouble if the opponent had something like Tentacruel, Volcarona or Heatran as they could beat me easily since I didm't have Roost, limiting the number of times I could switch in. I was also very weak to Ferrothorn so I wanted something that was Fighting typed. I decided to use Toxicroak, who has a plethora of benefits from Rain, mainly Dry Skin. It did both jobs of luring in Skarm and Jelli and switching into Ferrothorn, so that was great! I had a problem though, as while I could lure in Skarmory and damage it a lot with a boosted Cross Chop, I couldn't do a lot of damage to Jellicent. I looked at the moves it could learn, and fortunately for me, it can learn ThunderPunch. That move is good for two reasons. First, it does a ton of damage to Jellicent, and it also hurts Skarmory as much as Cross Chop, so I could opt for Drain Punch for the extra recovery. I decided to run Sucker Punch instead of Ice Punch in the last slot because a priority move is always good to get out of trouble.
SandTigers' (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 88 Def / 220 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Landorus-T works as a lure in this team. Let me explain. People tend to check Toxicroak with Jellicent, but they also tend to use Landorus-T, Hippowdon or Gliscor in that regard. That's why I use Toxik on Landorus-T. It can cripple Landorus-T and Hippo with Toxik and dent Gliscor (and opposing Landorus-T) with HP Ice.
I run this spread because I'm really weak to Jolly Toxicroak with Ice Punch, so I wanted to be able to outspeed it and get the OHKO with EarthQuake. I run 200 EVs in HP for the overall bulk since Landorus-T is also my check to some stuff like Terrakion, Dnite or Salamence. U-Turn is mainly there for momentum and it can also let me switch in Feraligatr for free, which helps a lot to set it up without losing any prior damages.
I also would like to note that Feraligatr and Landorus-T have a nice synergy since Feraligatr can often switch on Landorus-T counters.
RedEon' (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Reflect Type
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Pulse
First thing you are going to say, "WTF this SET?!", no this is not a joke I’m really playing Latias specially defensive and I'm surprised that it is not used, it is just very good, i was weak to Sun team, Tias was the best, but after several games I noticed that I was too weak Alakazam,and if it has Focus Sash he can be very annoying... i had to find a Sun Check and a Check to Alakazam,I was therefore forced to put in specially defensive because it takes only 30% on Shadow ball of Alakazam@Focus Sash, then I'll not lie, Tias has been in many games the rescuer of the team and sometimes even the finisher, It is just horrible, Latias is here to check Landorus/Thundurus-T/Keldeo and another sweep Water ect... but against Pokémon like rotom /Keldeo I was not very reassured because they are generally with Weavile-Scizor-Tyranitar, I'm totally 6-0' (d) if the opponent has Rotom/Keldeo + Trapper, so i had to find a move who can prevent them to trapp me, it is obvious reflect type is the best choice, then we come to the last slot, I didn’t want to implement Calm mind because it would do nothing for the team but also for Feraligatr, then it would be too easy to stop him, so I chose Thunder-Wave, now the opponent can be at a disadvantage to each switch but it does not stop there because thanks to this move I can also help Feraligatr in its sweep, it's simple after Twave he can outspeed pokemon like Jirachi, Rotom-W... and therefore allows him to do more damage because Aquajet can be daunting but Waterfall is better.
DaCroco' (Feraligatr) (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
These are the stars of this team, this is FERALIGATR, this Pokémon underrated in OverUsed, this stuff is a little broken, ,Classic spread184 hp for the bulk, 72 just speed enough to outspeed Rotom with 8 Hp in speed and the rest in Atk to maximize damage, the Mystic Water is essential it is the item making Waterfall/Aquajet so fearsome, after a Sword Dance with the Rain these 2 moves can be just too broke especially with Torrent, at the beginning I had Superpower for Ferrothorn, but I had a problem with Jellicent that could be dangerous if I couldn't set up Toxicroak, I got this idea after several matches also, so after this I opted for Crunch that seemed more interesting in my team and more effective in some situation even if it is rarely used with Aquajet + Waterfall + ThunderWave, then Feraligatr can also be a very good revenge killer with Aquajet, It helps me a lot to finish a Terrakion/Landorus/Thundurus-T, it has a very good synergy with this team, and I think it is really very underestimated. GG DA CROCO to win this in Wcop

Conclusion
It was a beautiful World Cup, Afrabs has been better this year, Good and GL for the Germany game. And Who cares of my bad english ? "French Haters" :D *-* ;) :* <3 :{|}
Dedication
All Afrabs: I'll never forgot you bros' ;)
RMT Staff
HotnCold
Reyscarface
Dragonuser
DestinyUnknown
HSA
Bloo
Furry :p
Team Raiders
CyberOdin
Frexa
Bad ass
cbb
Prague Kick
Vinc2612
DarkLoic
Jirachee
McMeghan
Rockhp31
Sayonara
Blarajan (Fuck Cat)
tab (Cubchoo)
Remedy
MASTERCLASS
Sogenigga
French Friends
XTRA
Shoka
Sir
MikeDecisHere
MDragon
Honus
Hellpowna
Ojama (Tutor)
And Others !
Importable
DaCroco' (Feraligatr) (M) @ Mystic Water
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 184 HP / 252 Atk / 72 Spd
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Swords Dance
Froggy' (Politoed) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SAtk / 64 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Bug]
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
Epineux' (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
SandTigers' (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 200 HP / 88 Def / 220 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Toxic
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Toxicoman' (Toxicroak) (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Dry Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- ThunderPunch
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
RedEon' (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SDef / 32 Spd
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Recover
- Reflect Type
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Pulse

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@ Im Skalayle Because Feraligatr aims to get in Torrent range and Life Orb would kill him after only a few hits if he did get low enough to get the boost.

Hey Leftiez, awesome Feraligatr team! I actually just posted a team with feraligatr myself, and i have to agree that it is an amazing Pokémon. I'm just going to do a quick comment on the team for now, and try to do a full rate later. I would change Toxic on Landorus-T to Stealth Rock, and then give Ferrothorn Spikes over Stealth Rock. Toxic can be a useful move, but really the only thing your hitting with it is Hippowdon, and that shouldn't be a major issue anyway since you have Feraligatr to deal with him anyway. However, Feraligatr definitely appreciates the extra damage that Spikes can do to an opponent, and with Leech Seed as well, you'll be causing lots of switches, which should make it much easier for Toxicroak or Feraligatr to sweep late-game. And I really don't think that Landorus-T will miss toxic too much since HP Ice already hits opposing Landorus-T, which usually don't carry it, meaning you'll always win 1v1 anyway, and you have plenty of ways to beat Hippowdon as I said before. Also, you may want to try Superpower over Crunch, since it would help deal with Ferrothorn better (which I can see giving you a bit of trouble right now) but I can see Celebi becoming a threat as well if you make that switch. That change is entirely up to you.

Hope I was able to help. I'll try to give this a more thorough look later. Good luck!

Changes

Toxic--->Stealth Rock

Stealth Rock--->Spikes

Hey Halcyon, thx for the rate, Many people have suggested me to put Sr on Lando and spike on Ferrothorn so i'll try,for Feraligatr also but the problem with Superpower is that I will not touch Jelli and after several games I noticed that if I couldn't lure Jellicent with Toxicroak I had lost, so I prefer to keep Crunch, but thanks for this rate, It is very good keep it up;)

Hey Leftiez!

I like this team, and its nice to see Feraligatr get some more use, and yes, I also believe Feraligatr is broken with all those multiple boosts. This team really doesn't need Spikes, since for a, this is a Rain Offense team, and b, the lack of a spinblocker. I recommend you use a Splash Plate over Mystic Water, because it sounds more care-free, and Arceus-Water will give you good luck.

Jokes aside, I believe you should give Landorus-T the classic Gravity set, since its the alternative of the on-site Offensive Pivot set and I think it's be doing more work. For one, it helps boost your Stone Edge, Politoed's Hydro Pump, and cancels out Gyarados's ability to use Bounce which means you'll have an easier time with these threats. It also deals with commmon counters to Landorus-T which are Skarmory and Bronzong, watching themselves get jackked by Earthquake, and finally, it has more utility then Toxic, which is generally used for wearing down threats. A Gravity followed up by a bulky tank can be death threatening for your opponent, so I'm pretty sure it'll work, since I tried it out on this team, and works great.

Your Latias set is creative, but why would you use it over the infamous SubCMReflect Type combo? Okay, but I'm not suggesting that. I recommend you try out Dugtrio over your Latias. The problem wit Latias is, its speed is what you want, and if you want a Specially Defensive Pokemon, I would say, stick with the standard Dragonite or Calm Mind Virizion, but that's not the problem as you stated. Ninetales is pretty much useless without its Sun, and Dugtrio accomplishes everything Latias did. It traps Ninetales meaning Venasaur isn't a threat. Next, it provides Memento, which eases set-up for Toxicroak and finally, it adjust your momentum with that excellent Speed and dino / fox trapping abilities. Sucker Punch is also a huge boon since it 2HKOes Venasaur after Stealth Rock iirc, and surprises surpises Starmie because I think Sucker Punch destroys it. Having a third priority user would let you stay above the curve. It's Focus Sash is pretty much nerfed without a Spinner or Magic Bounce user, so stick with Choice Band. It still OHKOes Tyranitar and Ninetales and has excellent coverage, power, a speed to be an effective revenge killer.

This a cool team, so good luck and have fun! n_n

Summary of Changes
  • Feraligatr
    • Splash Plate > Mystic Water
  • Landorus-T
    • Gravity > Toxic
    • Stone Edge > Superpower
  • Latias
    • Change to Dugtrio

Dugtrio | Choice Band | Sand ForceArena Trap
Jolly | 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Max IVs
Earthquake | Stone Edge | Sucker Punch | Memento / *Aerial Ace
*Aerial Ace is there just in case you want to surprise Virizion, because it's a huge threat to this team

Hy lefitez! very nice team you got there, i would have enjoyed playing against it.
I do not see much problems. But a good played Sub Gengar could cause some problems. maybe u try out bullet punsh over suckerpunsh on your toxicroak, or give sub a try over it.
Next off, a good played ferrothorn is also causing much trouble, so you may try out superpower on your landorus over toxic, cause your toxicroak has no safe switch in and the other members can´t do much damage to it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)