Announcement Dadagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted

Kind of a stretch, but I managed to combine Dada, Europe and an Ubers tournament name with my love for movies this way. In any case, I'm stepping down as tier leader and Fc will be replacing me as of right now. With our tiering ambitions coming to a close for now and Ubers returning to official tournaments, my goals going into this adventure have been achieved. My 'Smogon time' is going to become less and less in months to come, so I'd rather make way for the next generation now before I see myself becoming the type of inactive section leader I've disliked in the past. I'm delighted to pass my leadership role on to a person that I believe is Ubers' best contributor and will make us all look good going forward.

Thank you all for welcoming me back with open arms despite a long absence from Ubers before my return. I hope you're happy with what we've gotten done, Nayrz. I'll of course still be around as a council member and tournament player, too. See you in slot 1, Mana.

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Ubers has gone from the boomer tier to 2 zoomer tier leaders... Sad to see you go, Tony, of course and I do wanna thank you for contributions, you really said "I'm putting Ubers back on the map" and did so in less than a year, you'll be remembered fondly.

Congrats regardless to our new French Canadian tier leader! I hope he'll now lead us to a bright future where all Zarudes wear capes.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Thank you for your brief but impactful stint Tony. The image of the tier from within the community and from outside the community has improved a lot, and your repeated attempts to gauge how the players feel about the meta were clearly very affective and popular. You also revamped the Discord server structure a lot, for which personally I'm very grateful. Good luck in SCL and future endeavors, and on Saturday after the next at 2pm GMT 0.

1630180099193.png

Good luck to Fake Canadian and hope you+Painmaster can carry forward this momentum of improvement and positive attitude.

SiTuM

destined for greatness
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks a lot tony for all your contribution towards the tier to make it better in this last year, you really achieved what you wanted with ubers becoming an official tier and i couldnt thank you more for that!

best of luck to fc btw. i know he'll do good, because besides being french, canadian AND 14 years old, he's still a very committed member to this community, and i have no doubt he'll work even harder with him being a tier leader now.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
see you later, boss. your openness as a tier leader was a great thing to work with, and together we as a council were able to turn SS Ubers into a very balanced and fun tier, certainly one of the best tiers this generation and in Ubers history. I love your philosophy to the game - you don't spend a shitton of time sitting on Showdown or discord, but you still build strong, unique and fun teams, make sure you play and prep well, and you don't sweat all of the little details, losses, and nonsense drama that can be associated with this game. I think it's a very healthy attitude to take, especially as a top player. i'll see you in slot 1 next MW or UPL!

and congrats to FC's zoomer ass - let's keep this ball rolling well for the DPP Remakes and whats to come after!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)