ORAS RU Dance All Night

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader

Introduction
Hey guys! I'm Feliburn and this is my first RMT. After a long hiatus from competitive pokemon I started to gain interest in RU again after the Tyrantrum suspect because lots of offensive threats started dropping (Venusaur, Manectric, Sharpedo, etc.) so I decided to give it another shot. Started playing with one of my favorite mons, Virizion, and ended up building a decent balance team which got me pretty far on the ladder.

Like I said in the intro, Virizion is the pokemon I wanted to use and the Swords Dance set looked incredibly deadly, making it a nice wincon, sweeper and a decent wallbreaker.

Next up I wanted to use Meloetta, because it has a nice synergy with virizion, both being able to check each other's counters. I decided to use the Choice Specs set as it is able to dent a lot of teams alone.

Aromatisse was added to check common physical threats, mostly fighting and dark types, and to provide cleric support for Meloetta and Virizion in case they got weakened by a misplay.

I added specially defensive Flygon to check NP Houndoom, Mega Camerupt and other special attackers while still having Defog support.

Scarf Tyrantrum was added as a revenge killer and wallbreaker, Head Smash hits incredibly hard, being able to weaken physical walls and let Virizion clean up the rest.

Finally, my SR setter and Tyrantrum check; Steelix was the first thing that popped on my head to fill this spot as it's definitely the best setter in the tier.

After a while, I started to notice Bronzong, Escavalier and other bulky steel types were incredibly painful to deal with, so I added Scarf Emboar to fill the spot of revenge killer while still being able to fulfill what Tyrantrum was originally used for.

Special Sharpedo could destroy this team alone, so I added specially defensive Blastoise to check it while still being able to check the same threats Flygon did and still fill the role of hazard removal.

The team

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge​

Swords Dance Virizion is an amazing setup sweeper since it has a really nice speed stat, being able to outspeed a lot of threats. Although its attack stat isn't really that high, with one boost Virizion is able to destroy a lot of physical walls. Close Combat and Leaf Blade are mandatory STAB to damage everything that doesn't resist it. I decided to run Stone Edge over Zen Headbutt so Virizion can hit Delphox and Sigilyph which are pretty dangerous for the team, but you can also opt for Zen Headbutt to damage Weezing, Venusaur and Amoonguss, who otherwise wall Virizion completely.

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- U-turn
- Shadow Ball / Focus Blast​

Specs Meloetta is really powerful, although being choice locked versus mons like Drapion and Spiritomb really sucks, the damage Meloetta deals is worth it. U-Turn is used to gain momentum when the opponent sends a counter allowing any teammate to take advantage of it. I also run dual STAB and Focus Blast as they give Meloetta a nice coverage that hits the majority of the tier, though Shadow Ball is another viable option, as it hits pokemon suchs as Bronzong, Hoopa, Slowking super effectively and is also able to damage Spiritomb, a pokemon which is immune to the former 3.

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy​
Fighting and Dark spam were becoming incredibly scary in the tier, with threats suchs as Absol and Medicham slaying teams, so I decided to add Aromatisse to check both styles while still filling the roll of cleric support, being able to keep the team, mainly Virizion and Meloetta, healthy to keep dealing and taking damage. Wish and Protect work as a nice combination since it allows me to scout for moves from opposing pokemon and guarantees Aromatisse always gets the Wish, Aromatherapy helps keeping the team free from status so it isn't worn down faster, then Moonblast as a way to deal some damage to the pokemon it's supposed to wall.

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse
I used specially defensive Blastoise as it is able to switch into attacks from Delphox, NP Houndoom, Mega Camerupt and force them to switch out with Scald and get a free Rapid Spin. Toxic is used to weaken pokemon that can easily switch into Blastoise and get chip damage every turn. Aura Sphere looks a bit weird but special Sharpedo was able to single handedly destroy the team, so this my answer to it. Dark Pulse can also be used to hit Hoopa and work as a check to it, thanks to Arifeen for this suggestion.

Emboar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake​

Scarf Emboar is a really cool revenge killer and an amazing wallbreaker thanks to Reckless Flare Blitz. It's mainly used to weaken the majority of the opposing team and let Meloetta / Virizion clean up the rest. Earthquake is mainly used to hit Delphox and opposing Emboar, but Sucker Punch could be used over Earthquake to hit certain Psychic types for super effective damage but most of the time Wild Charge and Flare Blitz will do the trick. It's also my Durant and Escavalier check, which are incredibly annoying to deal with, especially Durant as it outspeeds the rest of the team and has coverage for everything.

Steelix-Mega (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 72 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Roar / Toxic / Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock​
Finally, one of the best megas and stealth rock setters was added because I needed something to check Fletchinder and Tyrantrum, and Steelix does that plus it can safely switch into most of the tier thanks to its natural bulk. Besides Stealth Rock, Steelix runs dual STAB to damage certain Pokemon that think they can use Steelix as setup fodder, Toxic is used to weaken pokemon such as Slowking and Alomomola. Roar can be used over Toxic to phaze setup pokemon such as SD Fletchinder and Calm Mind Meloetta. Stone Edge can also be used to KO Fletchinder even after getting burned by Will-o-Wisp.

Conclusion
As you can see this is a pretty standard balance team, you'll have to play around big threats such as Abomasnow, Sharpedo and Durant, which are really annoying to deal with and force a lot of plays. Other than that I had a lot of fun using this team on the ladder and battling friends, hope you enjoy it as much as I did! :toast:

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge

Meloetta @ Choice Specs
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Hyper Voice
- U-turn
- Focus Blast

Aromatisse (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Aromatherapy

Blastoise (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Dark Pulse

Emboar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Wild Charge
- Earthquake

Steelix-Mega (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Atk / 72 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

PSIlluminati- GeoffBruedly HeterosexualZekrom Dirpz Omega-Xis14 anto Trickster Winry Champion Albert BulbaSword BetaHousing Sigilyph Zinnia Ayano's Red Scarf Angeela My bros, you guys are all so cool and funny, I blame you for starting the deez nuts jokes

MexDon- Jin Of The Gale Blitzamirin sirDonovan HiMyNamesL Ace Snowy. CrushinDefeat Lacuna Eyan Vapo Quote Kalalokki Rekeri Chill people, don't really have much to say surprisingly, but all of you are cool people so stay like that

TRulers - Scythe. thecrystalonix Natural Talent tehy Kableye Ajna aoemica Diogo MrAldo Capteon Arifeen (thanks for helping me test teams and with this RMT lol, really appreciated) Shiba Lyto Joshz North slurmz Meteordash Psynergy all falls down Lax (no longer a ruler u.u) xastify Peli Twix Megazard cityfolk Killintime rozes you don't go hand to hand with a fighter noob

Tours - Scyther NO Swiping Jack Dalton Acast Awu Hannahh GreasyXSpoon Jetpack petyer Pottie Scippen. Always! imas234 You guys are like family, been working in this room for years now, amazing people.

Battle Spot - Montsegur cant say NOVED Hulavuta Misaka Mikoto bobochan PikachuCandyツ GateCreeper DragonWhale ethan06 Kie Theorymon unfixable GroudonEmpire Joint Cena Austin iPlum You guys are all amazing, the community has been slowly growing and it's all thanks to what you guys do :]

Other people - Anttya iplaytennislol Sae Sae Freeroamer scpinion Clearly Dell Bondie Dream Eater Gengar AM Luka~ TONE114 Astara Snaquaza rohep Zangooser baconbagon nizzyd18 Betathunder Jarii Rhythms jeran GonxKillua Spy Mostly people I used to work with and people from other skype groups, you guys are awesome!

Last edited:
Hello User Feliburn , id just like to inform u that ur hoopa counter is the "x" button, u mite wanna change aromatisse to diancie and boar to defensive or smth for absol, and with diancie u can replace mega lix with escav, so that u can pursuit trap hoopa and still have rocks with diancie! thx for s/o and stuff
but those are just my

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
Hello User Feliburn , id just like to inform u that ur hoopa counter is the "x" button, u mite wanna change aromatisse to diancie and boar to defensive or smth for absol, and with diancie u can replace mega lix with escav, so that u can pursuit trap hoopa and still have rocks with diancie! thx for s/o and stuff
but those are just my
That's only one cent dipwad

also Feliburn the fact that peli was tagged before me is disgusting.

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Really great balanced team consisting of a nice offensive and defensive core. There are a few things that bother me however. Onto further looking into your team, it seems like Meloetta is very prone to being Pursuit trapped, making your one and only Hoopa check useless. That is pretty bad for you, since Hoopa gets a free switch in on Blastoise and Aromatisse, and there is nothing that would like to switch into it. Another problematic issue I see is facing Calm Mind Virizion, as it can switch into Blastoise for free and threaten to break your team, as you have no reliable switch ins. Lastly, Fletchinder is also an issue, because your team has SpD Blastoise, which can't beat it, and Fletchinder can setup on Virizion, Emboar, and Aromtisse.

As I see it, Hoopa is pretty dangerous for your team, it can switch into Aromatisse and Blastoise easily. Now Aromatisse definitely needs its moves, but Blastoise with Aura Sphere seems pretty redundant. The reason you've stated is obviously right: Beating Special Sharpedo. However it's also noted that Scald does quite a decent damage on Sharpedo, plus could get the burn. If you're unsure, you can Toxic it, and switch to Aromatisse, Protect, go back to Blastoise to rack up damage. Furthermore, you have Virizion as a secondary Sharpedo check. This is why Blastoise should be utilized better in order to deal with Hoopa. Best option would be to use Dark Pulse over Aura Sphere, as Dark Pulse can hit a Hoopa on the switch, hitting it very hard.

Fletchinder is a huge issue on your team, as it gets a free switch in on Aromatisse, Virizion, and Emboar. Fletchinder can also setup on Steelix after it's weakened, as Toxic may not wear it down, because Fletchinder might have a Healing Wish user in the back, or a cleric that can ensure its sweep. Plus there's always the chance of Toxic missing, that will seriously hamper your matchup against it. Therefore, running Stone Edge over Roar / Toxic is the best solution, as it allows you to KO Fletchinder even after being burnt.

As it seems, Virizion is very dangerous for your team. Now, there aren't any real ways to deal with Virizion without changing the entire team of yours, so I'll just give some advice on how to deal with it. It will usually switch into Blastoise, Toxic should be immediately used, since Calm Mind sets usually carry Life Orb. Meloetta and Emboar can take a hit, so they are your key Pokemon to beat it. When all fails, resort for a Speed Tie with Virizion.

Great team buddy. Thanks for shoutout. Hope I helped! :toast: :heart:

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
Really great balanced team consisting of a nice offensive and defensive core. There are a few things that bother me however. Onto further looking into your team, it seems like Meloetta is very prone to being Pursuit trapped, making your one and only Hoopa check useless. That is pretty bad for you, since Hoopa gets a free switch in on Blastoise and Aromatisse, and there is nothing that would like to switch into it. Another problematic issue I see is facing Calm Mind Virizion, as it can switch into Blastoise for free and threaten to break your team, as you have no reliable switch ins. Lastly, Fletchinder is also an issue, because your team has SpD Blastoise, which can't beat it, and Fletchinder can setup on Virizion, Emboar, and Aromtisse.

As I see it, Hoopa is pretty dangerous for your team, it can switch into Aromatisse and Blastoise easily. Now Aromatisse definitely needs its moves, but Blastoise with Aura Sphere seems pretty redundant. The reason you've stated is obviously right: Beating Special Sharpedo. However it's also noted that Scald does quite a decent damage on Sharpedo, plus could get the burn. If you're unsure, you can Toxic it, and switch to Aromatisse, Protect, go back to Blastoise to rack up damage. Furthermore, you have Virizion as a secondary Sharpedo check. This is why Blastoise should be utilized better in order to deal with Hoopa. Best option would be to use Dark Pulse over Aura Sphere, as Dark Pulse can hit a Hoopa on the switch, hitting it very hard.

Fletchinder is a huge issue on your team, as it gets a free switch in on Aromatisse, Virizion, and Emboar. Fletchinder can also setup on Steelix after it's weakened, as Toxic may not wear it down, because Fletchinder might have a Healing Wish user in the back, or a cleric that can ensure its sweep. Plus there's always the chance of Toxic missing, that will seriously hamper your matchup against it. Therefore, running Stone Edge over Roar / Toxic is the best solution, as it allows you to KO Fletchinder even after being burnt.

As it seems, Virizion is very dangerous for your team. Now, there aren't any real ways to deal with Virizion without changing the entire team of yours, so I'll just give some advice on how to deal with it. It will usually switch into Blastoise, Toxic should be immediately used, since Calm Mind sets usually carry Life Orb. Meloetta and Emboar can take a hit, so they are your key Pokemon to beat it. When all fails, resort for a Speed Tie with Virizion.

Great team buddy. Thanks for shoutout. Hope I helped! :toast: :heart:
Thanks for the rate man! Dark pulse Blastoise is something I considered using when Hoopa dropped and it's certainly a nice suggestion. Stone Edge Steelix also sounds interesting to deal with Fletch and I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Thanks again :pimp:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)