ORAS OU Danger Danger! High Voltage!

Danger Danger! High Voltage!

So we've all heard of Bird spam right? So we all remember the times when Talonflame and Mega Pinsir were rearing everything apart? Well I decided fuck Bird spam, and what better way to fuck Bird spam than with Electric spam!

So this is my first (RMT and) OU team after the Greninja suspect and tests the theory of electric spam do which I have had decent success by my standards and a lot of fun using.

Here is the team at a glance:

Now that you've seen the team, its time for some music. (Word of advise is to not watch the video, unless you're into old women in prostitute clothing making out with younger men).

Next we have the teambuilding process:
Mega Manetric, Rotom Wash, Tornadus.
So to begin with, I wanted to pick my three electric types. I figured one of electric types greatest assets is volt switch, so I went straight for what is arguably the best volt switcher in the game, Mega Manectric. Next I went for what is also arguably the best volt switcher in the game, Rotom Wash. This also gave me a ground immunity which helps with electric spam. Lastly I went for Thundurus T as it was S rank at the time and I figured it must’ve been S rank for a reason.

Mega Manetric, Rotom Wash, Tornadus, Mamoswine.
So next I figured that Ice and Ground hits all the types that resists electric and many more super effectively and thought that was pretty tasty. Hello, mamoswine gets STAB on dat shit and has strong priority, gimme gimme.

Mega Manetric, Rotom Wash, Tornadus, Mamoswine, Terrakion.
I wanted a fighting type with sweep potential given that the electrics can take out bird spam for it. Little did I know that the fighting type I’d choose wouldn’t have a problem with birds. Regardless I chose Terrakion for its powerful dual STABs along side its fast taunt and ability to set up rocks.

Mega Manetric, Rotom Wash, Tornadus, Mamoswine, Terrakion, Sylveon.
I needed an offensive special wall to deal with strong special attackers and a wish passer due do my general lack of recovery. Sylveon fitted the part nicely as it hits hard with Hyper Voice and added some nice resists to fighting, dark, bug and an immunity to dragon.

Mega Manetric, Rotom Wash, Magneton, Kyurem Black, Terrakion, Sylveon.
So at this point I was questioning Thundurus’ S rankiness and noticed a few flaws and weaknesses in my team. Magneton replaced Thundurus and was able to absorb Toxic, deal with fairies, as well as trap and destroy common spike setters such as ferro and skarm. Mamoswine was good, but I figured Kyub could be better due to it synergy with Magneton and Terrakion as well as being able to delete Rotom Wash.

Mega Manetric, Rotom Wash, Magneton, Kyurem Black, Terrakion, Clefable.
Finally I asked myself, “Why am I using Sylveon over Clefable?” To which I answered, “I can’t remember.” So I change Sylv to Clef to give that pink blob a swing.

In depth:

Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

This beauty was my first pick for its great ability to clean up and pivot. Mega Manectric has blistering pace and between Thunderbolt, Flamethrower and Hidden Power Ice it can hit almost the entire meta game hard. Its fast volt switch is great for grabbing momentum and is even better in combination with intimidate. Definitely a worthy mega for the team.
I’m running max speed evs and nature in order to out pace almost everything unscarfed other than a few other megas, and max SpA is for maximum damage output. The moves are pretty standard other than perhaps Flamethrower over Overheat. I’m using Flamethrower atm as Manectric as a late game cleaner is often my win con, and Overheat often forces me to lose momentum and prevent sweeps as the last pokemon. Though I could use Overheat in order to guarantee OHKOs on threats like excadrill and Megagross.

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Rotom Wash was my second choice as it is a fantastic pokemon in the OU meta game capable of countering or checking an immense amount of threats. It was an obvious choice for electric spam as it is not only immune to ground, but can shut down most ground types between hydro pump and wil-o-wisp. It is also a great pivot with volt switch along side its awesome typing and bulk. This acts as my main Lando-T check and most other physical attackers.
I have maxed out physical defense as Rotom is my physical wall so it only makes sense. I believe the standard spread is a bit different now so I could change the EVs. Hydro Pump is main STAB, and Volt Switch is for momentum. Wil-o-wisp cripples physical attacker and Pain Split is decent for recovery and wearing down opponents. Lefties for passive recovery.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

My 3rd and final electric type. Was originally Thundurus T but I found Thundurus under whelming and discovered that Magnezone filled a few wholes in my team. I decided to use magnezone as it is great against fairies, particularly clefable without fire coverage as my team really struggled with fairies before hand. Magnezone is also able to absorb toxic and acts as a decent check to Latios which was also giving me grief. Then of course there is the obvious ability to trap and eliminate steels. In particular it traps and takes out Skarmory, Ferrothorn and the rare Forretress, which is very important as these are the tier’s main spikes setters and my team lack hazard removal. It is also good at taking out scizor without U-turn, or locked into something else, which is nice. Lastly it also has volt switch to maintain the momentum train. Basically just fantastic glue for the team.
Lefties over other items because I have to use this guys steel typing to take a lot of hits making the passive recovery very useful. Max special attack is to maximize damage output, the HP evs are to take more hits, and (if I remember correctly) I think the speed evs for enough to out speed speed creeping Skarmory. Alongside Volt-switch I have dual STAB and HP-Fire for steels.

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

I chose Terrakion as I needed an offensive hazard setter and fast taunter. Check. This thing is mainly used as a sort of suicide lead but I can easily preserve it if I feel it necessary in the given match up. I will always try to preserve this thing against Chansey as it can delete it with ease to help out the rest of my team and I don’t have to ride everything on keeping Kyurem alive to take Chansey. This thing also has great synergy with Kyurem as Kyurem can take out most of its counters. People say this thing has gotten worse in ORAS but it has served me well thus far.
Taunt is to stop the opponent from setting up hazards and using other status moves. SR is pretty much core on any team to wrack up damage, and dual STABs allow it to dent or destroy most pokemon. Focus Sash almost guarantees I get rocks up and Jolly is used over Adamant as I want my rocks up as soon as possible.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Next I needed something to take out all electric resists so that I could wear everything down with volt switches or proceed to sweep. Ice Beam and Earth Power achieve just that. This thing was initially Mamoswine due to having STAB on Ice and Ground as well as priority, but I wanted to test Kyurem out due to the DragMag thingy and just never looked back. Kyurem-B has the necessary coverage and wall breaking potential needed to take out key threats and set up sweeps for Mega Manectric. It can also sweep or clean up by itself with Outrage if it gets the opportunity. This is my main answer to Chansey as it walls the majority of my team. Also has some decent bulk.
I’m using a scarf set as I didn’t have a scarfer and its lets me revenge Scarf Excadrill and Mega Sceptile, two of the teams biggest threats.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Clefable was initially Sylveon, but I realised that however Sylv's resists were really nice, it still couldn't take physical hits regardless of whether they were resisted. Physically defensive Magic Guard Clefable is able to tank physical hits nicely, but it also takes special attacks well and hits hard after a Calm Mind boost.
Max physical bulk allows it to take on lots of Fighting and Dark type attacks, while also taking Psyshock Latios better. Soft-Boiled and Leftovers gift me strong recovery while Magic Guard prevents me from being worn down and gives me a burn absorber. Calm Mind is for becoming a potential win con, Moonblast for STAB, and Flamethrower hit the steels that resist Moonblast.

Threat List:
Mold Breaker Excadrill (particularly Scarf): Scarf Mold Breaker excadrill can hit all 6 members of my team super effectively between its STABs being mold breaker earthquake and iron head. After it kills something I can revenge it often with Kyurem as they don't also predict the scarf, or Burn it with Rotom as Rotom can take 1 Earthquake. Also non-scarfed can be taken by Manetric after about 17% prior damage. Definitely the biggest threat to my team.

Mega Sceptile: This thing is blisteringly fast can can hit my entire team either neutrally or super effectively between its powerful STABs, most of my team can take a hit but late game this thing will destroy me unless Kyurem can revenge it.

Mega Lopunny: Its unresisted STABs freaking hurt man. Not as big a threat as other but it can out speed and dent the majority of my team.

Gengar: Pretty much the same as Lopunny, I have no resists to this guy. Thankfully Manectric out speeds this rather than tying like with Lopunny.
Will add more later.

Past Members:
Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Wish
- Protect
- Baton Pass

Sylveon was a valued member and tbh I wouldn't mind her back. I can't decide whether I prefer Clef or Sylv. Without Sylveon I no longer have a dedicated special wall which is why Mega Scept is such a problem, and I am worn down easier. Sylveon also acted as a great steel lure for Magnezone thanks to Baton Pass, and could hit hard without boosts.

Mamoswine @ Expert Belt
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Mamoswine isn't missed as much, the most notable thing he had over Kyurem was priority.

Replays:
Will add more of them too.

Finally here is the importable:
Manectric @ Manectite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch

Magnezone @ Leftovers
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Volt Switch

Terrakion @ Focus Sash
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Outrage
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Soft-Boiled
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower

Thank you for reading and any advice/constructive criticism is much appreciated. If you are going to recommend new pokemon/moves please also recommend which pokemon/moves to replace. If I've made any mistakes please let me know.

Last edited:
first if all i want to say i love mag+horsedog. You have a huge weakness to keldeo and it has alot of fun against your team. You have no set up sweepers that benifit mags help so what i suggest is subsd terrakion once skarn is gone it has alot fun and also lets you beat mega sableye. I suggest defensive lando t with rocks and knock since lando lures in ferro and skarm and knocks off their shed shells so that mag will have a good time trapping. I would suggest lati or starmie over clef to deal with keldeo and have hazard control but that makes you more weak to set up sweepers which is the next thing im moving on to if youre are not running hazard removal make clef unaware spdef with wish protect heal bell and moonblast its a really good mon that helps kyurem and terrak since it switches nicely into its weaknesses. Thats only if you dont want to lose to bp and set up sweepers but if i was you i would just switch it with lati to make your team more offensive then it already is. If you make it latios make it dracodefogshock with eq to lure in heatran and if youre running latias than just run healing wish. Edit: i thought mag was scarf which it should be make it scard with max max speed and spatk so that you deal with zard y and outspeed adamant talonflame that set does nothing for you besides taking hits better from latitwins.

I've gat a few minor EV optimizations for you. I would run 44 Speed EVs an Rotom-W in order to check Belly Drum Azumarill (read: tank and Aqua Jet and burn it). On Clefable, a spread of 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef with a Calm nature allows it to hard check Mega Sceptile. Clefable also check Mega Lopunny fyi. I would also put Specs on Magnezone over Lefties for the extra power. Finally, because Clef can check Sceptile, I would put a Life Orb on Kyurem-B. If that's going to be your wallbreaker, your going to want all the power you can handle. A 3 Attacks+Roost set might allow it to wallbreak over a longer period of time. Another quick suggestion, possibly swap out Terrakion for Garchomp. An SD Lum Garchomp can get Rocks down on Mega Sableye, where Terra really can't. Garchomp can actually really hurt stall teams (especially Chansey) because Mag traps two of it's more common checks, Skarm and Ferro.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance

first if all i want to say i love mag+horsedog. You have a huge weakness to keldeo and it has alot of fun against your team. You have no set up sweepers that benifit mags help so what i suggest is subsd terrakion once skarn is gone it has alot fun and also lets you beat mega sableye. I suggest defensive lando t with rocks and knock since lando lures in ferro and skarm and knocks off their shed shells so that mag will have a good time trapping. I would suggest lati or starmie over clef to deal with keldeo and have hazard control but that makes you more weak to set up sweepers which is the next thing im moving on to if youre are not running hazard removal make clef unaware spdef with wish protect heal bell and moonblast its a really good mon that helps kyurem and terrak since it switches nicely into its weaknesses. Thats only if you dont want to lose to bp and set up sweepers but if i was you i would just switch it with lati to make your team more offensive then it already is. If you make it latios make it dracodefogshock with eq to lure in heatran and if youre running latias than just run healing wish. Edit: i thought mag was scarf which it should be make it scard with max max speed and spatk so that you deal with zard y and outspeed adamant talonflame that set does nothing for you besides taking hits better from latitwins.
Thank you for all the advice. I will get around to testing all of these before I make any big changes. Cheers.

EDIT: Wait, what am I meant to be swapping for Lando?

Last edited:
I've gat a few minor EV optimizations for you. I would run 44 Speed EVs an Rotom-W in order to check Belly Drum Azumarill (read: tank and Aqua Jet and burn it). On Clefable, a spread of 248 HP / 160 Def / 96 SDef with a Calm nature allows it to hard check Mega Sceptile. Clefable also check Mega Lopunny fyi. I would also put Specs on Magnezone over Lefties for the extra power. Finally, because Clef can check Sceptile, I would put a Life Orb on Kyurem-B. If that's going to be your wallbreaker, your going to want all the power you can handle. A 3 Attacks+Roost set might allow it to wallbreak over a longer period of time. Another quick suggestion, possibly swap out Terrakion for Garchomp. An SD Lum Garchomp can get Rocks down on Mega Sableye, where Terra really can't. Garchomp can actually really hurt stall teams (especially Chansey) because Mag traps two of it's more common checks, Skarm and Ferro.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Magnezone @ Choice Specs
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Kyurem-Black @ Life Orb
EVs: 56 Atk / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Mild Nature
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power
- Outrage

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Swords Dance
Thanks for the rate! I'll be sure to test these asap as well. I particularly like the Clef spread as it means I can take the scarf off of Kyurem and run the set you mentioned which is what I actually had before I scarfed it to revenge those things. Only I think I'll use Roost again over Bolt Strike, as I already have 3 electric types.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)