move 2: Superpower
move 3: U-turn
move 4: Zen Headbutt
item: Choice Scarf
ability: Hustle
nature: Adamant
evs: 36 HP / 196 Atk / 76 Def / 196 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
With one of the highest Attack stats in LC combined with Hustle, Galarian Darumaka can make a potent Choice Scarf wallbreaker, although Hustle's inaccuracy can make it a double-edged blade. This set capitalizes on its good movepool; Ice Punch is its main STAB move, hitting Flying-types like Vullaby. Superpower OHKOes Munchlax, while Zen Headbutt 2HKOes Mareanie after Stealth Rock. U-turn can put pressure on the opponent and helps maintain momentum. This EV spread allows Galarian Darumaka to hit its maximum Attack; combined with a Choice Scarf, this allows Darumaka to put on pressure right away. Teams that struggle with defensive walls like Ferroseed and Munchlax benefit from Galarian Darumaka's presence, as its power and speed with a Choice Scarf allow it to punch through and pressure defensive teams. However, it takes a hefty amount from Timburr's Mach Punch and can't outspeed Choice Scarf Galarian Farfetch'd. Because of this, teammates that can deal with Fighting-types are useful, like Spritzee and Cutiefly. Since Darumaka is weak to Stealth Rock, it also appreciates entry hazard control from Pokemon like Vullaby and Drilbur.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Gummy, 202097]]
- Quality checked by: [[jake, 110102], [Berks, 255030]]
- Grammar checked by: [[deetah, 297659]]

Last edited:

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[SET]
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Superpower / Fire Punch
move 2: Ice Punch
nature: Jolly
in terms of importance, flip the ice punch and superpower/fire punch slots. ice punch is the primary option for most of the tier and should be listed first. superpower provides the best overall coverage, followed by the "consistency" of u-turn, then the niche option of zhb.

[SET COMMENTS]
With one of the highest attack stats in LC combined with Hustle, Darumaka-Galar can make a potent Choice Scarf wallbreaker, although Hustle's inaccuracy can make it a double-edged blade. This set capitalizes on its good movepool; Superpower OHKOes Munchlax, Zen Headbutt 2HKOes Mareanie after Stealth Rock, and Ice Punch is a good general STAB to hit the rest of the tier, especially Flying-types like Vullaby.
this might require some rewording but the order of moves mentioned here should probably match the set as listed (Ice Punch -> Superpower... etc).

U-turn can pivot out after a revenge kill.
the phrasing here implies that it can click u-turn after killing something which isn't true. its primary use is to threaten weakened pokemon while also maintaining momentum (as long as it doesn't miss...). for example, if the opponent has ponyta-galar out and low and a mareanie in the back, darumaka can u-turn to both threaten the pony and not lose all momentum if they switch to mareanie.

(note that i dislike using u-turn on a hustle pokemon but it seems necessary here.)

Fire Punch is an option over Superpower if you want to OHKO Ferroseed, but if Ferroseed has about 4 HP of chip, Superpower can still KO it.
probably don't need to specify the "4 hp of chip part"; simply noting that superpower is also a reliable option with some prior damage will make that clear. i'm actually like 50/50 on the inclusion of fire punch but i will let the other qcer confirm or deny it.

This EV spread allows Darumaka-Galar to hit 15 Speed; combined with a Choice Scarf, this outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame, along with 14 Speed Choice Scarf users like Chinchou. It also outspeeds Scraggy and Corphish if they get a Dragon Dance boost.
it outspeeds adamant* scraggy and doesn't do much to corp so i'm ehhh on its inclusion here but it's probably the only other notable 14 speed pokemon. are there any calcs that would make adamant daru worth running? (any confirmed ohkoes or 2hkoes that it wouldn't have gotten with jolly, specifically?) i would be OK with dropping this to 14 speed (making it adamant) if there are any because i think the bonuses for running 15 speed are not as valuable as confirming or strongly improving KO rolls.

Teams that struggle with defensive walls like Ferroseed and Munchlax benefit from Darumaka-Galar's presence, as its power and speed with the Choice Scarf allow it to punch through and pressure defensive teams. However, it takes a hefty amount from Timburr's Mach Punch, and can't outspeed Choice Scarf Farfetch'd-Galar. Because of this, teammates that can deal with Fighting-types are useful, like Spritzee or Cutiefly.
it'd be nice to have a mention of hazard clearing because of how often daru will have to switch in and out (and its weakness to SR). otherwise, this is fine imo.

tag me on discord when you have it implemented and i'll 1/2 ya

Stoward

Ah, you're finally awake
Hey friendly AM check. Probably wait for QCs input before implementing anything.

[SET]
move 1: Ice Punch
move 2: Superpower / Fire Punch
I’d remove Fire Punch from the actual set. While it’s a great lure for Ferroseed, A you still have a tiny chance to OHKO it with Superpower and losing Superpower means that you can’t OHKO Munchlax, which can be annoying cos you don’t want that thing cursing on you. Still mention it when you’re talking about moves though. I reckon it should make it easier to talk about the moves if it’s formatted like this.

This EV spread allows Darumaka-Galar to hit its maximum attack; combined with a Choice Scarf, this allows Darumaka to put on pressure right away. There aren't many notable Pokemon to outspeed by running a Jolly nature.
I guess if you really want to explain the
Vullaby speed ties with + nature Darumaka. I’d be surprised if Vullaby wants to stay in vs Darm. Going Adamant Guarantees a slower U-Turn vs adamant scarf Vullaby which eases predictions. I’d honestly say explaining what the EV spread does is classed as filler since it’s basically max/max and even number stuff so would probably remove this entirely.

In the first Paragraph I’d also like to see a couple of sentences with usage tips like when to bring it in and targets it revenge kills.

In the second paragraph a mention of VoltTurn support from Vullaby and Chinchou would also be nice.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
que honda
  • kill fire punch
  • last sentence should say “from pokemon like Vullaby and Drilbur”
  • take out the jolly nature sentence at the end of p1
other than that, excelente! 2/2

deetah

Bright like a diamond
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris an Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
GP & SocMed Lead
Add Remove Comments (RC) = Remove Comma

GP 1/1

garchompstamp.gif

[SET]
move 1: Ice Punch
move 2: Superpower
nature: Adamant

[SET COMMENTS]
With one of the highest Attack (Capitalize) stats in LC combined with Hustle, Darumaka-Galar Galarian Darumaka can make a potent Choice Scarf wallbreaker, although Hustle's inaccuracy can make it a double-edged blade. This set capitalizes on its good movepool; Ice Punch is its main STAB move, hitting Flying-types like Vullaby. Superpower OHKOes Munchlax, while Zen Headbutt 2HKOes Mareanie after Stealth Rock. U-turn can put on pressure on the opponent and helps maintain momentum. This EV spread allows Darumaka-Galar Galarian Darumaka to hit its maximum Attack; combined with a Choice Scarf, this allows Darumaka to put on pressure right away. Teams that struggle with defensive walls like Ferroseed and Munchlax benefit from Darumaka-Galar's Galarian Darumaka's presence, as its power and speed with the a Choice Scarf allow it to punch through and pressure defensive teams. However, it takes a hefty amount from Timburr's Mach Punch, (RC) and can't outspeed Choice Scarf Farfetch'd-Galar Galarian Farfetch'd. Because of this, teammates that can deal with Fighting-types are useful, like Spritzee or and Cutiefly. Since Darumaka is weak to Stealth Rock, it also appreciates entry hazard control from Pokemon like Vullaby and Drilbur.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Gummy, 202097]]
- Quality checked by: [[jake, 110102], [Berks, 255030]]
- Grammar checked by: [[<username1>, <userid1>]]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)