Data Data Audit Thread MkII [fairies Fairies FAIRIES! See Post 272]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Overcoat remains a useless ability on Reuniclus...

Couldn't Stick Increase Farfech'd attack in one stage?, is not a big effect compared to other signtures and it's for poor unused Farfech'd

Also, I think Machamp is stupid, he already can reduce his speed without really a bad effect giving him the ability to reduce the "BP" of the upcoming moves in 1.5 while boosting his Atk and SpA (from which was some nice moves that will never fail) makes him a little too good in my opinion (even if he has to give up life orb) since it acts like an expert belt that always activates (+2 Atk (from nature and link cable) and +1.5 in both defenses and SpA) it's just like a (way cheaper) expert belt with a +1 rank in everything else is too good

PS: crap, now slowking is actually bette than slowbro

I might get Link Cable for my Timburr (who appreciates 7/4/1/3 once fully evolved) but it seems that the nerf has been good, since I would be hesitant to use it on Gastly once he's fully evolved [although 3/1/6/4 is nice...])

The Magma Armor buff makes my Camerupt a happy camper.
As for the Overcoat buff, at least two of the Wormadam formes appreciate it. (as do Forretress and Cloyster.)

Most of the items are good, although I'll certainly admit I'm hesitant about whether Metal Powder is too good. If it doesn't work on Imposter, then it isn't broken. If it does...I would say it's broken.

Gerard said:
Also, I think Machamp is stupid, he already can reduce his speed without really a bad effect giving him the ability to reduce the "BP" of the upcoming moves in 1.5 while boosting his Atk and SpA (from which was some nice moves that will never fail) makes him a little too good in my opinion (even if he has to give up life orb) since it acts like an expert belt that always activates (+2 Atk (from nature and link cable) and +1.5 in both defenses and SpA) it's just like a (way cheaper) expert belt with a +1 rank in everything else is too good
You overestimate Machamp. Remember that it makes all moves (bar OHKO) 100% accurate against him too. This creates situations where Machamp loses to Pokemon with Hypnosis, opponents packing moves like Zap Cannon, Inferno, or their own DynamicPunch, and so forth. Link Cable's cool on him, but he really doesn't gain that much from it to make him broken by any stretch.

You overestimate Machamp. Remember that it makes all moves (bar OHKO) 100% accurate against him too. This creates situations where Machamp loses to Pokemon with Hypnosis, opponents packing moves like Zap Cannon, Inferno, or their own DynamicPunch, and so forth. Link Cable's cool on him, but he really doesn't gain that much from it to make him broken by any stretch.
Besides, it boosts his Attack and special defense, not special attack.

Link Cable: Increases the Pokemon's two (2) highest true base stats of Attack, Defense, Special Attack, and Special Defense by one (1) rank each. If the true base stat values are equal, each Rank is raised.
Machamp
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55

unless you raise/decress Def/SpA/SpD (something not worth), then you get +1 in all 3 of them plus an extra 2 Atk (nature + item)

I could give you Hypnosis if not because it would last more likely than not 1 turn, and no way i'll use Inferno on machamp not even scald because of you know guts, i can't even hax him to death with togekiss thanks to his DW ability, the only moves that he fears being 100% acc are Hurricane and Zen Headbutt, and he is bulky enough to ressist a little punishment, i may be uverestimating him because i ABSOLUTELY HATE HIM, but i have reasons to be afraid of him getting 8/4/4/4 with no guard and guts (brick break, dynamipunch and a lot of abusable moves)

I'm pretty sure true base stats means base stats (as in in-game), not ranks. Here are Machamp's base stats:

Attack: 130
Defence: 80
Special attack: 65
Special defence: 85

So, only attack and special defence get boosted.

If that's true then i take back everthing I said (with the exception of the thing about Reuniclus, he still has a useless ability on Overcoat, seriously how harmful could it be to reduce all the damage he takes by one, sturdier pokes already get that)

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
For starters, Lagging Tail as I wrote it is actually incorrect. It should be within its priority bracket, not regardless of priority bracket. This means that Magic Coat would still work against Taunt. I'm not going to go down the list of where you're wrong in each of your opinions (bro, Rhyperior ain't got Sturdy), but suffice to say that every effect is probably fine bar a few of the stat boosters.

I do agree that anything that gives +3 net to stats is too much and should instead be +2, or in some cases +1. Reaper Cloth will also be what Deck and I originally talked about in double Pressure drain + Levitate trait. Prankster's effect was cool when I originally suggested it to him, but I agree that it's a bit too intense.
Alright; that alleviates most of my concerns - especially those with Lagging Tail and most signature items. Magmarizer and Electrizer really don't need a nerf at the moment, though; maybe if they prove more overwhelming down the line.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Metal Powder: Doubles (x2) Defense and Special Defense rank. Effect remains after the move Transform is used.

Cost: 6 | Affected Pokemon: Ditto

Quick Powder: Doubles (x2) Speed. Effect remains after the move Transform is used.

Cost: 6 | Affected Pokemon: Ditto
As one of the few (if not only) people with a Ditto, these items certainly intrigue me, but the wording leaves me a bit confused. When it says the effect remains after Transform is used, does that mean it doubles the copied stats? Or does that mean it retains its own stats, just doubled? The former, especially with the Metal Powder seems really broken. For example if you transform into a Sassy Bastiodon, your defensive stats would be essentially 14 and 12. On the other hand, if it is the latter, then it is pretty much 4 and 4 defenses after transforming, which is good, but not insane and broken. Either way, I think this should be specified.

Additionally, do these items even work with Imposter? As written, it specifies the move Transform, which is never used when Imposter is active. If it is supposed to work with imposter then the wording should be changed to "after it transforms" rather than "after the move Transform is used."

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
As one of the few (if not only) people with a Ditto, these items certainly intrigue me, but the wording leaves me a bit confused. When it says the effect remains after Transform is used, does that mean it doubles the copied stats? Or does that mean it retains its own stats, just doubled? The former, especially with the Metal Powder seems really broken. For example if you transform into a Sassy Bastiodon, your defensive stats would be essentially 14 and 12. On the other hand, if it is the latter, then it is pretty much 4 and 4 defenses after transforming, which is good, but not insane and broken. Either way, I think this should be specified.

Additionally, do these items even work with Imposter? As written, it specifies the move Transform, which is never used when Imposter is active. If it is supposed to work with imposter then the wording should be changed to "after it transforms" rather than "after the move Transform is used."
Hmmm. Well, the logic here is that it keeps the boosted stats of the transformed mon (bar HP). The basic idea is that fighting Ditto during an items battle is difficult unless you have Knock Off/Embargo/Trick/Switcheroo/Magic Room etc. or the fixed damage attacks (which actually I could reduce in EC. 7 is probably too high an opportunity cost).

Hmmm. Well, the logic here is that it keeps the boosted stats of the transformed mon (bar HP). The basic idea is that fighting Ditto during an items battle is difficult unless you have Knock Off/Embargo/Trick/Switcheroo/Magic Room etc. or the fixed damage attacks (which actually I could reduce in EC. 7 is probably too high an opportunity cost).
Still, not everything gets those moves.

That being said, might as well reduce fixed damage attacks' cost. Since you're normally using them when you can't really hit the enemy harder, we might as well add extra incentive.

I would recommend changing the ability Moody's type to can be deactivated as I'm sure that some people will not want Moody taking effect each round.

Does magic guard removes Life Orb recoil?
And if No, why? seriously, that makes magic guard almost suck...

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Does magic guard removes Life Orb recoil?
And if No, why? seriously, that makes magic guard almost suck...
You've got to be kidding me if you think Magic Guard "almost sucks" when it neutralizes Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, and weather damage. It doesn't neutralize Life Orb (nor does Sheer Force) because the Pokemon that have it are already quite powerful. The only way to balance out Life Orb's large damage boost was to make it apply universally.

Sunny Day: The Pokemon calls upon the sun to shine very brightly by sending a red beam into the sky that clears the sky of clouds and intensifies the sunlight. For four (4) rounds, bright sunlight is in effect. In Moonlight the red beam greatly amplifies the moonlight's intensity, creating the same effect. If a Pokemon uses a Fire-type attack in the sun it will pick up additional heat, increasing its Base Attack Power by three (3) okemon cannot be frozen during Sunny Day. If a Pokemon uses a Water-type attack in the sun much of it will evaporate, reducing its Base Attack Power by three (3). Sunny Day lasts for four (4) rounds and activates Solar Power, Chlorophyll, and Leaf Guard. This move will fail if the arena is indoors.
Not a big deal, but I noticed the underlined error in Sunny Day's description

You've got to be kidding me if you think Magic Guard "almost sucks" when it neutralizes Poison, Burn, Leech Seed, and weather damage. It doesn't neutralize Life Orb (nor does Sheer Force) because the Pokemon that have it are already quite powerful. The only way to balance out Life Orb's large damage boost was to make it apply universally.
There are 5 pokemon with Magic Guard, there are 14 pokemon with Sheer Force, Magic Guard has worst distribution and worst pokes among them, honestly I only see this as a "let's prevent Krillowatt to be op" kind of move, besides, you have items that boost monsters like Machamp and yet you don't want to help poor Clefable

Magic Guard is a great ability anyway. Sure I'm disappointed that my Krillowatt and Alakazam can't abuse Life Orb like I thought they could before I bought it, but they destroy stuff anyway. The other MG users may be underwhelming but we can't give them something to make them viable if it upsets the balance of the game elsewhere.
Besides, Clefable I think learns more moves than any other Pokemon I'm sure it can find some way to manage itself even if its not the most powerful Pokemon out there. And Reuniclus is fairly decent too, I've seen it do some nifty stuff and Regenerator is quite nice imo.

Magic Guard is a great ability anyway. Sure I'm disappointed that my Krillowatt and Alakazam can't abuse Life Orb like I thought they could before I bought it, but they destroy stuff anyway. The other MG users may be underwhelming but we can't give them something to make them viable if it upsets the balance of the game elsewhere.
Besides, Clefable I think learns more moves than any other Pokemon I'm sure it can find some way to manage itself even if its not the most powerful Pokemon out there. And Reuniclus is fairly decent too, I've seen it do some nifty stuff and Regenerator is quite nice imo.
To add one last close-out to this, Sigilyph isn't that bad either, thanks to Roost, Tinted Lens, Wonder Skin (die Taunters die!), and okay coverage. In short, none of the Magic Guarders need help, really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)