Dear Smogon: what do YOU collect?

oh boy, you were not prepared when you posted this thread. i'll narrow it down to my pokemon collection and then narrow it even further to my favorite line. i collect emboar and cryogonal stuff as well, but my nidos are my pride and joy

-Nido stuff-
I didn't even know that much Nido stuff existed... How did you manage to get production art though?

Henceforth nicknaming all my Nidos 'Feathers' in tribute to the user's fanatical and admirable devotion
i am honored

I didn't even know that much Nido stuff existed... How did you manage to get production art though?
neither did i. it was an accident i swear.

and also production art sometimes falls into the right hands and is auctioned on yahoo japan. it's technically not supposed to leave the studio, but yeah. basically they all pass these around for reference during production. i keep missing out on nidoran M art and i haven't seen nidorino yet but when i do it will be mine. >_>

I collect old/rare coins. I don't actively seek them out, but if they happen to come my way, I make sure to hold on to them. I have amassed a surprisingly large collection of two-dollar bills this way.

I also have what I like to call my "mutant collection". The mutants in question are plastic plates/cups/spoons/cutlery that were messed up in the factory. I have two incomplete cups, two half-knives, several forks with different-sized, extra, or missing tines, and a plate with a mutated edge. I made sure these were all factory mess-ups and not post-factory breaks.
I also have a metal spoon that's flat.

macle

sup geodudes
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I collect a lot of things. Animal bones, rocks, pokemon plush, brackets of basketball tournaments I win, bottle caps, and some other shit i can't even remember.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This thread needs more images.

Lots of plays with a good amount of performance theory on the sides.

Most plays are really expensive, so I tend to only buy them when I really need them or on sale. The problem with some plays is that they are really only in the local theatre bookstore if one of the main stages is putting it on, unless it's a classic. I really only have Theatrebooks in Toronto, my university bookstore, and the random thrift store.

I like it hardcover too!

Finding information on plays or theatre companies can sometimes be annoying. After one library sale it is no longer so, just not after 1985...

This thread needs more images.

-gary oak-
the girl the myth the legend

also i have an owl thing too and i have the same owl statue you have in the middle pic.

probably later it will be cryogonal time

Relados

fractactical genius
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I used to collect dice. I kinda stopped when some of my collection was lost in a move.

My brother collects manga. He has over 300 graphic novels...

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Cubes!! this is just what I brought to college.
Do you have this one?

I saw someone puzzle over this for ages at math camp, and he eventually got it without any online algorithms. It was very impressive.

I don't have a giant collections, but I might post my modest tcg and bionicle collection later.

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
I mostly collect Pokemon stuff and CDs. At the moment my Pokemon collection is pretty small, limited to cards, some toys (but I have Zorua/Zoroark toys so it's all cool) and a lanyard, but I'm starting to collect older games too (I have a Japanese copy of Pokemon Crystal coming in the mail soon). My CD collection is similarly small and contains mostly metal albums.

like many people i am a sucker for shiny rocks, but they're mostly scattered around the house rather than in an actual collection... and they're mostly quartz :p i have a little wire tree rooted in a very nice piece of amethyst with pretty little pebbles for leaves :3 ALSO we have slabs of marble lying around, and FOR SOME REASON my dad insists on using it as a doormat for the greenhouse (imagine trying to walk on marble when there's dew on the ground...)

and of course pokeman cards, but recently i've been trading away chunks of my collection for competitive cards. i've got a lot of base set/jungle first editions so im proud of those at least

I collected pokemon cards like an insane maniac as a kid. I was obsessed with them. So far in counting I've got over 958 of them....... Man I was addicted. And keep in mind this was back in 2003 that I began collecting, not when the first decks came out, so yeah, collecting them up to 2008 is something alright.... 8D

I WAS YOUNG BACK THEN ALRIGHT.

For about seven or so years I've been buying CDs, and well, they sort of amassed into a collection along the way so I guess I collect CDs.

my collection part 2 electric boogaloo

cryogonal is my third favorite pokemon and he's unappreciated in his time

i'm slacking on cards but i have a figure, a sprite charm, and a dog tag on the way

Been collecting Chinese translated Light Novels ever since learning Chinese and studying abroad. The covers and stories are amazing and it's a great way to practice. Hoping to add Japanese ones soon. Time to convince my parents we need a random trip to Japan.....relying on official Kadokawa versions have been quite unpleasant. If my intended career doesn't work out, hopefully I can fall back on being a translator and seeing these novels everyday gives me inspiration to keep learning.

Edit: Bonus points if you know what series these novels are from.

I collect anime, but I collect it digitally. I'll eventually start buying Blu-Rays of series I really like and purchase some figures too. I'll post a screenshot of my hard drive when I'm home.

Note: Wow, I just realized that I need to make a few changes to my profile.

I have a rock collection. I live in Arizona so this place has a lot of interesting rocks shops or just rocks you can find in the mountains. I use to collect Pokemon cards hut haven't got any new ones since generation 4 when the Galactic deck came out. I just like usually to buy random trinkets that don't always fall in a certain category.

oh boy, you were not prepared when you posted this thread. i'll narrow it down to my pokemon collection and then narrow it even further to my favorite line. i collect emboar and cryogonal stuff as well, but my nidos are my pride and joy

this is production art from the anime and the lucario/mew movie ^

top is more production art

and i just got this cool bandana today:

i also have a second nidoking backpack that is exactly the same as the purple one but it's green. >_> which i use for school.

i have some other misc pokemon stuff, and i also collect stitch, video games and things related to video games, teen titans stuff (mostly beast boy) and i have a little shelf of ponies.
Dear God! NIDO galore! You have no idea how much want I have for that stuff :D If I ever see you, you will get the highest of fives :D

Now as for me I have no collection of anything yet really......it saddens me that I only have a cool looking Nidoran glass hidden somewhere, really wish I could find that :(

Theorymon

Have a wonderful day, wahoo!
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I collect 2 kinds of things: Mario Merchandise (my collection is a lot smaller than I like, but includes weird stuff like a Mario Kart telephone and a Super Mario Bros 2 Wallet) and Video Game consoles. I don't have as many consoles as say.... James Rolfe, but its decent enough! Heres all the ones I can think of atm, I'm probably missing some though (I sometimes forgot the consoles I have because I have a SERIOUS video game storage issue atm). So yeah noooot too large for a video game collector (especially since a lot of them are just different models), but I'll expand it once I figure out my storage issues!

Atari
Atari 2600 (4 switch model)

Atari 5200 (4 controller slot model)

Atari 7800

Atari Lynx

Atari Jaguar

Nintendo

Famicom

Nintendo Entertainment System (Front Loading Model)

Nintendo Entertainment System (Top Loading Model)

Gameboy

Super Famicom

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (First Model)

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Second Model)

Gameboy Pocket (Clear model)

Virtual Boy

Nintendo 64 (Black)

Gameboy Color (Two of them, both are Green)

Gameboy Advance (Both are Clear, one of them has its screen smashed, thats a long story lol)

Nintendo Gamecube (Indigo)

Gameboy Advance SP (Both are Silver, one of them is my little bro's, both are the first model)

Gameboy Micro (Mother 3 Edition)

DS (Silver)

Wii (White, first Model)

DS Lite (White)

DSi (Black)

3DS (two of them, one is black, my little bro's is red)

Sega

Sega Master System (Mark 1)

Sega Genesis (Model 1)

Sega Genesis (Model 2)

JVC x'eye (This is a Sega Genesis + Sega CD all in one unit for those of you who have no idea what this is)

Sega Gamegear (2 of them, both are black)

Sega Nomad

Sega 32X (maybe this is more of an accessory but it does have its own shitty carts lol...)

Sega Saturn

Sega Dreamcast (White)

Sony

Playstation (First Model)

Playstation (Second Model)

Playstation 2 (First Model)

Playstation Portable (Model 1000)

Playstation Portable (Model 2000)

Playstation 3 (60 GB Launch Unit)

Playstation Vita

Microsoft

Xbox (Black)

Xbox 360 (White first model)

Other

Magnavox Oddessy

Colecovision

PC Engine (this is the Japanese TurboGrafix 16 for those of you who don't know) (First Model)

I collect 2 kinds of things: Mario Merchandise (my collection is a lot smaller than I like, but includes weird stuff like a Mario Kart telephone and a Super Mario Bros 2 Wallet) and Video Game consoles. I don't have as many consoles as say.... James Rolfe, but its decent enough! Heres all the ones I can think of atm, I'm probably missing some though (I sometimes forgot the consoles I have because I have a SERIOUS video game storage issue atm). So yeah noooot too large for a video game collector (especially since a lot of them are just different models), but I'll expand it once I figure out my storage issues!
Atari
Atari 2600 (4 switch model)

Atari 5200 (4 controller slot model)

Atari 7800

Atari Lynx

Atari Jaguar

Nintendo

Famicom

Nintendo Entertainment System (Front Loading Model)

Nintendo Entertainment System (Top Loading Model)

Gameboy

Super Famicom

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (First Model)

Super Nintendo Entertainment System (Second Model)

Gameboy Pocket (Clear model)

Virtual Boy

Nintendo 64 (Black)

Gameboy Color (Two of them, both are Green)

Gameboy Advance (Both are Clear, one of them has its screen smashed, thats a long story lol)

Nintendo Gamecube (Indigo)

Gameboy Advance SP (Both are Silver, one of them is my little bro's, both are the first model)

Gameboy Micro (Mother 3 Edition)

DS (Silver)

Wii (White, first Model)

DS Lite (White)

DSi (Black)

3DS (two of them, one is black, my little bro's is red)

Sega

Sega Master System (Mark 1)

Sega Genesis (Model 1)

Sega Genesis (Model 2)

JVC x'eye (This is a Sega Genesis + Sega CD all in one unit for those of you who have no idea what this is)

Sega Gamegear (2 of them, both are black)

Sega Nomad

Sega 32X (maybe this is more of an accessory but it does have its own shitty carts lol...)

Sega Saturn

Sega Dreamcast (White)

Sony

Playstation (First Model)

Playstation (Second Model)

Playstation 2 (First Model)

Playstation Portable (Model 1000)

Playstation Portable (Model 2000)

Playstation 3 (60 GB Launch Unit)

Playstation Vita

Microsoft

Xbox (Black)

Xbox 360 (White first model)

Other

Magnavox Oddessy

Colecovision

PC Engine (this is the Japanese TurboGrafix 16 for those of you who don't know) (First Model)

Tmon, you are very well funded.

I expected you to have more though, honestly... Though it is still quite the expansive list of consoles.

Stuffed frogs, homework (my excuse for not doing it is that it is in my collection), chessboards.

Holy crap feathers.

Also I have Printed maps of all the towns, cities, and houses in pokemon. Don't judge me!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)