NOC Death on the Dance Floor [Game Over: X Wins]

Approved by AJ Hockeystar. Thanks to Texas Cloverleaf, Sultan of Skook, and Duskfall for setup suggestions.

The idea is simple: 12 Town vs 4 mafia, but one mafia has a White Flag modifier. If the Disco King dies? Boom, instant game over, Town wins.

Will Town hunt for the Disco King or will they try to take down the other Disco Dancers first?
And how will mafia fare playing crucial defense with no day talk?
Let's find out.

The setup has been adjusted for 12 players. Here is the 12p setup:

7 Vanilla Townies
1 Town Vig
1 Town Tracker
2 Mafia Goons (Disco Dancers)
1 Named White Flag Mafioso (The Disco King)

This game has a few minor adjustments to the general rules. Tiebreaking has been changed to account for the earliest viable vote on all wagons, dogpiling a wagon onto a non-player is highly discouraged, and reacting to posts after your death will be treated the same as posting in the thread after your bah post. Also, it has been emphasized that any mentions of arson in the game's flavor do not indicate 3rd Party roles.

General Rules/Game Etiquette

1. Obey all site-wide rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread is not allowed.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind! This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
Basic Info

1. The ratio is 9 Town players and 3 mafia players.
  2. There are no third party/neutral roles in this game. All references to arson are solely for the purposes of flavor and making music puns.
  3. Mafia may only communicate at night.
  4. The game ends instantly with a Town win if the White Flag player dies by any means.
Activity/Prods/Replacements

1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 24 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 2 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 24 hours please PM me. Let me, the host, know.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players at my own discretion.
  6. If you have an active ability, you must submit your action, even if you are idling.
Deadlines

1. Each Day Phase will last 72 hours.
  2. Each Night Phase will last 24 hours
  3. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death

1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline, the person with the most votes at the time will be lynched.
  2. In the event of a tie, the player whose wagon has the earliest vote among all tied wagons will be lynched.
  3. Votes must be bolded to be counted.
  4. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  5. You may Vote: No Lynch.
  6. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think it's a vote, then it's a vote.
  7. Votes must be clear, placed on their own line separate from any paragraphs.
  8. With the exception of a bah post, no posts or actions may be made after your death. Please note that leaving reactions on players’ posts after your death is considered equivalent to talking in the thread after your bah post.
Miscellaneous

1. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Intentionally starting or joining a wagon on someone who is not currently playing the game (such as the host, a dead player, a sub in waiting, or a spectator) may result in punishment as per the Catgode Clause.
  3. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.

Signups
  1. HeaLnDeaL
  2. M2H - VT - eliminated N1
  3. U-Turn Out
  4. Mega-Pokebattlerz
  5. BLOODYRAIN10001
  6. smogon account
  7. dopog
  8. MoodyCloud
  9. Tennyson
  10. Haruno - VT - eliminated D1
  11. DawningWinds - VT - eliminated N1
  12. Energy

Subs

1. shubaka17
  2. somitomi
  3. Sultan of Skook
  4. Always needed, always appreciated

When you sign up, please include two things you’ll need for the game: 1) Your preference of setup and 2) a Youtube link to a song of your choice which will represent you in the game’s flavor.

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, but I'm not going to have any spare time to spend three hours on a reread I then summarize in two sentences. Eh, sign me up as sub, but I'll be pretty much absent for the next ten days or so. I like the second setup a little better if that matters even one tiny bit.
As for music, I'm going with this:

Yeah, this feels pretty doa at this point. I can try sticking it back into the queue later in the year when we have more available players.

EDIT: On further consideration, retooling the game to 12 players is feasible. The odds of D1 game over would still be less than 10%.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)