Decepticons (OU RMT)

The Team

This is the a new team i have made based off of one of my old teams. This may seem like 6 OU pokemon thrown together with a common Infernape weakness but i laddered this team for a bit and was quite successful. Infernape hasn't given me any trouble at all. The team's name comes from the fact that i love transformers and 3 of my pokemon are steel. This team is basically a heavy offense team that bombards the foe one pokemon after another. I try to open a hole with my lead, then try to break walls with the wallbreakers and scout for any potential hazzards with scizor before unleashing luke. I don't know how good the syngery is but this team wins, so yeah =P Also, i'm not as good as a lot of the battlers on shoddy but i'm learning and i'm ready for any harsh criticism.

Team building process:

I started with Salamence because #1 wallbreaker is needed for an offense team

I added in scizor to cover for the dragon/ice weakness mence had.

I added in Gyarados because i know i needed something to cover Scizor, and a second wallbreaker is nice.

I needed someone who has the power to wreck havock while absorbing electric attacks. I first had Flygon but Flygon was just too weak, even though U-turn was sexy. I decided to settle on Latias because her Draco Meteor's rediculous, can boltbeam, and can screw over Blisseys with trick. I still alternate between Flygon and Latias though for fun.

I needed a lead. I wanted a bulkt lead so my top choices were Foretress, Swampert, Metagross. Even though Forre had RS, SR, and Explosion, i didn't like the idea of 2 x4 weak to fires. Swampert was my choice for a while until i got annoyed at the rising Roserade leads, Swampert is also just too slow. I ended up settling for Gross because he can set up rocks, do damage, and explode.

Finally i added in a cleaner. I tried many different pokemon but Lucario was the most sucessful due to his typing. SD luke is the best cleaner, period. If there's a better choice, please let me know.

Devastator
Metagross
@Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Att / 12 Def / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
Earthquake
Bullet Punch
Stealth Rock
Explosion

Devastator because that decepticon is made up of the minicons, which is what metagross is; he is made up of beldums. Basically his job is to set stealth rock up and still do some damage.

I chose metagross because he's not as fragil as some suicide leads and he's a really reliable lead.
Earthquake/Bullet Punch when seem fit and end his reign of terror with a bang. EQ+BP kills enemy leadtrans, leadnapes, or other lead grosses. BP kills lead dactyles and Tyrannitars. If i get taunted, i see if i can kill wharever taunted me and if i can't, i just switch or explode, depending on the situation. If i face an opposing swampert or hippowdon, i just explode so both teams don't get rocks down. I used to run a swampert before realizing this lead was superior.

His EV spread is to make sure he can survive a CB EQ from trio. The attack lets him do damage, and the 16 speed is to outspeed other leadgrosses.

He almost always gets rocks down and he's the vital member of my team. I fell in love with Gross leads as soon as i tried it. This is way better than swampert leads haha

Megatron
Salamence
@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs:
16 Att / 240 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Draco Meteor
Outrage
Earthquake
Fre Blast

All hail Megatron. He's my wallbreaker #1 and the BEST wallbreaker in the game. He always does something important. On some really good days, he's killed 4 of the opponents pokemons by himself before. On his bad days, he only takes 1. He averages around 2 kills per game. He makes the necessary openings for my team to get inside. I wouldn't trade him for anything. Draco Meteor almost kills anything that doesn't resist it, and dents those who resist it. Outrage is for a "physical Draco Meteor". Earthquake for fires/steels and Fire Blast for the steels.

For his EVs: Max speed so he can at least speed tie other base 100s and the rest into attack/spec attack. A full forced Draco Meteor is always nice. The 16 att is something i don't fully understand, but a lot of people use this spread so i guess it works.

Barricade
Gyarados
@Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs:
74 HP / 252 Att / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
Waterfall
Stone Edge
Bounce
Dragon Dance

Barricade because he's my sturdiest wallbreaker. He's wallbreaker #2. Standard lifeorb set. He's more or less the backup wall breaker for if Salamence fails. Stone Edge over Ice Fang so he doesn't get walled by Vaporeon and Bounce is for a secondary stab. I think Gyarados may be one of the weaker links in my team because lightning always destroys him but he still gets the job done. He's my answer to the fire/ground attacks aimed at metagross/Scizor. He can also be a sacrifice for when my opponents mence/gyara gets a DD in and i send him in to intimidate.

His EVs to maximize attack and to outrun base 115s after a DD.

Frenzy
Scizor
@Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Att / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
Bullet Punch
Super Power
U-Turn
Pursuit

Frenzy is seen as the little scout who tries to cause trouble. That is exactly why he's scizor. Scizor is my revenge killer/scout. I think y'all have seen enough of scizor to know his powers. He traps enemy Ghosts/Latias with pursuit. He can also clean up with bullet punch. Super Power 1 htis Blissey, Heatran, Magnezone, and others. U-turn lets him take big chunks out of enemey pokes while scouting. He also absorbs the ice/dragon attacks aimed at my dragons and the bug attacks aimed at Latias.

For his EVs, max attack is needed. The HP lowers residul damage and the 4 def makes sure that he looses the speed tie to other Scizor so when they superpower, i get to take advantage of their defense drop.

Starscram
Latias
@Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Draco Meteor
Thunderbolt
Surf
Trick

This is Starscream: All Decepticons, mobilize
. Yeah, she's (lol) Starscream. She's starscream because she's fast, sleek, and hits hard. Draco Meteor for the strongest Draco Meteor in OU. TB/Surf for coverage, and finally Trick so screw up the enemy's walls. I guess you can call her a wallbreaker in a sense but she's more of a revenge killer if anything. A of people expect Specs so they don't expect this beats to outrun a +1 speed mence. Very awesome.

I added in Surf because the coverage Ice Beam gives is too redundant with Draco Meteor

Her Evs is just max attack/max spA

I used to run a scarfed Flygon here and i still do sometimes, depending on mood.

Bonecrusher
Lucario
@Life Orb
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Att / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
Sword Dance
Close Combat
Extreme Speed
Crunch

My finisher. Stat up and go. Self explanatory IMO. I'm looking to see if i can find a better finisher and some of the other choices i had in mind were Azelf, Infernape, Tyrannitar, or others but i choce Luke. If there's a better choice, please tell me =P

Sword Dance is the deadly set up move. Close Combat is rediculously powerful on anything who doesn't reists it because of the +2 from SD, the high basepower, and STAB. Extreme Speed is used to pick off the weaker foes that resist CC. Crunch is for the psychics/ghosts.

Yep, this is my team.
Threat list:
Aerodactyl: Metagross>that
Alakazam: People still use this? >_>
Azelf: I think Scizor or a scrafed DM can handle it. never had problems.
Blissey: Latias+trick=gg
Breloom: I usually do damage while he sleeps, then switch to a counter like mencwe
Bronzong: Repeated u-turns from scizor or explode on gross if it's a lead.
Celebi: Scizor, mence, or luke
Cresselia: Never had troubles, i guess i can trick or use luke
Donphan: Gyarados
Dragonite: Both of my dragons outspeed
Dugtrio: never had problems so i wouldn't know
Dusknoir: Scizor
Electivire: it sucks
Empoleon: Gives me trouble, i try to have latias take the hit and TB
Flygon: scarf latias outspeeds or i use scizor
Forretress: Salamence
Gengar: Scizor or scarf latias
Gliscor: Ice beam with latias or gyarados
Gyarados: TB with latias. Even after 1 DD, i'll out speed.
Heatran: EQ with salamence.
Heracross: Scizor >that >_>
Hippowdon: Explode with gross first turn
Infernape: On paper, it seems it'd give my team trouble, but i haven't gotten trouble yet.
Jirachi: If it's a scarf chi that tricks, i switch into mence to get the scarf, otherwise i EQ
Jolteon: Trouble :(
Kingdra: Scarf Latias outspeeds even after 1 DD. I fear RD ones though
Latias: Speed tie at the worst, scizor at best
Lucario: Mence, gyara, idk
Machamp: Never been a lot of trouble
Magnezone: Trouble, it kills my scizor a lot. Mence > zone
Mamoswine: Scizor
Metagross: Idk, he's too good.
Ninjask: lol BP team
Porygon-Z: Luke
Rhyperior: Idk, a lot of things work on him.
Rotom: Crunch luke or scarf latias if the rotom is scarfed and outspeeds luke.
Salamence: Latias outspeeds after 1 DD
Scizor: My worst nightmare, i guess flamethrower with mence
Smeargle: Everything works >_>
Snorlax: Luke
Starmie: Scizor if trapped on a bad move or latias TB
Suicune: Trick then TB
Swampert: Explode with gross on turn 1
Tentacruel: TB with latias
Togekiss: Scizor? idk
Tyrannitar: Hard to handle, it traps my latias. I guess scizor or mence
Vaporeon: Trick then TB
Weavile: Scizor
Zapdos: Latias>Zapdos

Quick note: Why run Jolly on Lucario if you don't have ice punch? Jolly lets you outspeed zapdos and some gliscors but adamant lets you score certain OHKO you would miss with jolly.

Quick note: Why run Jolly on Lucario if you don't have ice punch? Jolly lets you outspeed zapdos and some gliscors but adamant lets you score certain OHKO you would miss with jolly.
Thank you. I'll change to adamant.

Edit: Added in process and better descriptions.

Hey. This is pretty much the standard OU offensive team at the moment, so it's obviously pretty solid, there isn't realy a whole lot of thing that I can think of to change.

First of all, on Salamence, you'd probably be better off going with 4 Atk/252 Sp Atk/252 Spe, seeing as the extra 12 EVs are more beneficial in Sp Atk than Atk, and then changing to moveset to Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Brick Break and either Roost or Earthquake. Blissey is still always 2HKOed after SR with that EV spread/moveset.

Again, Gyarados is pretty much fine, although you've made a mistake in the description. That spread outspeeds base 115s after a DD, not 155s (there isn't actually such thing as a base 155 mon anyway).

Scizor isn't using all of the EVs available. You can put another 4 EVs into Defense, due to only having 248 HP EVs.

Latias shouldn't be using Ice Beam, seeing as Draco Meteor is better pretty much 100% of the time. If you want an attack with similar coverage that doesn't lower Sp Atk, Dragon Pulse would be better, although I'd just go with Surf. You've also said that your Latias is actually an Umbreon, which you might want to fix.

Minor nitpicks aside, there's only a handful of real problems you're going to have. Seeing as Latias is your only way of dealing with Jolteon, SpecsJolt in particular in this case, you're going to struggle against them. Latias is going to struggle to reliably counter Jolteon, as Scizor and Tyranitar can both Pursuit Scarf Latias fairly easily, and both are fairly common on teams with Jolteon. Even without the threat of Pursuit, Latias is going to struggle to check Jolteon more than twice.
There's not really anything I can think of that fixes that weakness apart from Scarf Flygon, however I feel that Latias is more effective in general here, so it's just worth noting that Jolteon could be a problem if you let it come in repeatedly.

Good luck with the team

Hey. This is pretty much the standard OU offensive team at the moment, so it's obviously pretty solid, there isn't realy a whole lot of thing that I can think of to change.

First of all, on Salamence, you'd probably be better off going with 4 Atk/252 Sp Atk/252 Spe, seeing as the extra 12 EVs are more beneficial in Sp Atk than Atk, and then changing to moveset to Draco Meteor/Fire Blast/Brick Break and either Roost or Earthquake. Blissey is still always 2HKOed after SR with that EV spread/moveset.

Again, Gyarados is pretty much fine, although you've made a mistake in the description. That spread outspeeds base 115s after a DD, not 155s (there isn't actually such thing as a base 155 mon anyway).

Scizor isn't using all of the EVs available. You can put another 4 EVs into Defense, due to only having 248 HP EVs.

Latias shouldn't be using Ice Beam, seeing as Draco Meteor is better pretty much 100% of the time. If you want an attack with similar coverage that doesn't lower Sp Atk, Dragon Pulse would be better, although I'd just go with Surf. You've also said that your Latias is actually an Umbreon, which you might want to fix.

Minor nitpicks aside, there's only a handful of real problems you're going to have. Seeing as Latias is your only way of dealing with Jolteon, SpecsJolt in particular in this case, you're going to struggle against them. Latias is going to struggle to reliably counter Jolteon, as Scizor and Tyranitar can both Pursuit Scarf Latias fairly easily, and both are fairly common on teams with Jolteon. Even without the threat of Pursuit, Latias is going to struggle to check Jolteon more than twice.
There's not really anything I can think of that fixes that weakness apart from Scarf Flygon, however I feel that Latias is more effective in general here, so it's just worth noting that Jolteon could be a problem if you let it come in repeatedly.

Good luck with the team
Thank you!

I finished correcting the errors and yeah, thanks about your specsjolt problem. I haven't really had the problem yet because i predict the shadow ball and send in scizor but i'll def watch out for it.

Hmm, i retested again with Flygon and i got similar results as i did with Latias. Which is better overall for my team? Based on the current weaknesses/strengths

First off, this is a really nice Offensive team. Just a suggestion or two:

For the Flygon v.s. Latias issue, I'm iffy about either. I feel that running a Choice Scarf poke can really harm an offensive team since you could easily lose the tempo. This is not only because of the loss of power, but also due to the fact that you are locked into a move. Choice Scarf Flygon is really weak and many pokes will have an easy time switching in and setting up. Scarf Latias is a better option since Draco Meteor is really powerful, but the only problem is that it's a Special Attacker. You generally want to focus an Offensive team on either the Physical side or Special side so you can effectively break walls and win. In any case, I think running a Specs Latias may benefit you more. Gyarados and the Steels can probably handle DDMence anyways (with some prediction of course). Latias seems well fit for this team because it handles Infernape, who would otherwise cause you problems and (for the most part) force you to run a Scarfer. (unless you go with Jolteon or something, but that opens up other weaknesses, so w/e)

Overall, seems like a solid team though a bit standard.

First off, this is a really nice Offensive team. Just a suggestion or two:

For the Flygon v.s. Latias issue, I'm iffy about either. I feel that running a Choice Scarf poke can really harm an offensive team since you could easily lose the tempo. This is not only because of the loss of power, but also due to the fact that you are locked into a move. Choice Scarf Flygon is really weak and many pokes will have an easy time switching in and setting up. Scarf Latias is a better option since Draco Meteor is really powerful, but the only problem is that it's a Special Attacker. You generally want to focus an Offensive team on either the Physical side or Special side so you can effectively break walls and win. In any case, I think running a Specs Latias may benefit you more. Gyarados and the Steels can probably handle DDMence anyways (with some prediction of course). Latias seems well fit for this team because it handles Infernape, who would otherwise cause you problems and (for the most part) force you to run a Scarfer. (unless you go with Jolteon or something, but that opens up other weaknesses, so w/e)

Overall, seems like a solid team though a bit standard.
Thank you haha. I've retested and i actually used a spec jolt for a while in place of Latias. It's because i can absorb the lightning attacks aimed at gyara but Jolteon is too easily killed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)