move 2: Volt Switch
move 3: Strength Sap / Roost
move 4: Defog / Freeze-Dry / Blue Flare
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

This set is designed to act as a pivot and bulky check to many Pokemon both defensive and offensive, including Cinderace, Corviknight, Sand Rush Excadrill, and Toxapex. The Speed EVs allow Rotom-W to outpace Jolly Choice Band Cinderace after a V-create, and Rotom-W can either OHKO back with Scald or use Strength Sap for recovery as well as to lower their physical damage output, while the rest of the spread maximizes physical bulk. Scald is the primary STAB attack of choice, allowing Rotom-W to burn the foe while also damaging it, and Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to act as a pivot and scout for switches, which Rotom-W does very effectively thanks to its ability to force out most Ground-types due to its Water typing. Strength Sap improves Rotom-W's matchup versus physical threats, as it lowers the foe's Attack stat by one stage; however, it can fail to be effective against many special attackers, Magic Bounce users, and Substitute users such as all Rotom formes, Hatterene, and Kyurem, making Roost overall more reliable at keeping Rotom-W healthy through the entire match.

Pokemon that benefit from Rotom-W's pivoting make for good partners. Dragapult appreciates the free switch ins, as it can nuke many of Rotom-W's would-be answers such as Ferrothorn and non-Choice Scarf Hydreigon with super effective Fire- and Dragon-type moves, respectively. Obstagoon also appreciates Rotom-W's pivoting ability, as it can allow Obstagoon to activate its Guts with Flame Orb safely, and Rotom-W can check Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Corviknight for Obstagoon. Rotom-W's last moveslot is versatile and can be a plethora of moves depending on your team's structure and playstyle. Rotom-W heavily pressures defensive cores thanks to its extremely large movepool, making it an effective lure for many Pokemon. Examples of this include running Blue Flare to OHKO Ferrothorn to support Gyarados and running Freeze-Dry to hit Seismitoad and Gastrodon alongside Dragon- and occasional Grass-types such as Kommo-o to support various Water-type teammates such as Keldeo. Apple Acid can be used as well to hit Gastrodon and Seismitoad while simultaneously forcing switches through Special Defense drops, but it loses the Grass- and Dragon-type targets that Freeze-Dry hits. Aromatherapy, Nuzzle, and Will-O-Wisp are all worth considering as support options, alongside many other niche options too numerous to list here.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[drampa's grandpa, 305826]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fissure, 238307], [Funbot28, 255984]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Kris, 241023]]

Last edited:

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
:rotom-wash::ss/rotom-wash::rotom-wash:
[SET]
name: Defensive WIP Change the name now since it is not WIP anymore
move 1: Scald
move 4: Defog / Freeze Dry / Blue Flare / Apple Acid I do not want too many slashes on this set. Please refer to the second paragraph for further comments on the inclusion of this move.

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to act as a pivot and bulky check to many Pokemon both defensive and offensive, including Cinderace, Corviknight, and Toxapex. I know what you are saying, but I feel like it would be better to phrase it as something like "a pivot to many defensive pokemon, including Corviknight, Toxapex, as well as a bulky check to many offensive threats, such as Cinderace and Melmetal. Melmetal is still part of the comment, but I do think it should be added. The Speed EVs allow Rotom-W to outpace Jolly Nature Choice Band Cinderace after a V-Create, I would say the nature that the EV spread is meant for, which I'm assuming is Jolly. and Rotom-W can OHKO back with Scald or use Strength Sap for recovery as well as to lower their Physical Attack stat survive, while the rest maximizes physical bulk. Scald is the primary STAB attack of choice, allowing Rotom-W to fish for burns, while Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to do its job as a pivot and scout for switches. Strength Sap improves Rotom-W's matchup versus physical threats as it lowers the target's Attack stat by one stage, however it can fail to be effective against Pokemon with low Attack, Magic Bounce, or that can simply afford to stay in as their Attack is lowered Such as?, making Roost overall more reliable at keeping Rotom-W healthy through the entire match.

Pokemon that benefit from Rotom-W's pivoting make for good partners. Dragapult appreciates the free switchins Basically every pokemon appreciates free switch-ins. Mention something similar to how you did for Obstagoon, as does Obstagoon, which can activate its Flame Orb safely. Rotom-W also heavily pressures defensive cores thanks to its extremely large movepool, making it an effective lure for many Pokemon. Examples of this include running Blue Flare to OHKO Ferrothorn to support Gyarados and running Freeze Dry to hit Seismitoad, Gyarados, or Gastrodon I'm not disagreeing with you about using Freeze Dry, but wouldn't something like Apple Acid be just as, if not more, effective? It hits Seismitoad and Gastrodon, you already have volt switch for Gyarados, and Apple Acid has a 100% sp.def drop chance, which pairs nicely with special offensive threats such as Dragapult. If you want to keep Freeze Dry, maybe mention Dracovish (while it is outside of rain.) since you can either Strength Sap it or potentially OHKO it while Stealth Rock is up. to support various Water types such as Keldeo. This last slot is quite flexible thanks to Rotom-W's immense STABmons movepool, and can be tailored to support the team as needed. Aromatherapy, Nuzzle, and Will-O-Wisp are all worth considering as support options. Yeah I see what you mean about the flow here. It is passable as is, but if you wanted to, you could say how rotom-w's last move-slot is versatile and can be a plethora of moves, depending on your team's structure or play style. You can fit this sentence in before "Rotom-W also heavily pressures defensive cores thanks to its extremely large movepool, making it an effective lure for many Pokemon." Then talk about which move based on which mons your opponent may have that your teammates struggle against.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: :drampa:[[drampa's grandpa, 305826]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

I'm not quite happy with how I organized that last paragraph, specifically with how I talk about offensive options for the last slot, say it's flexible, then talk about support options. IDK.

Otherwise I'm ready for commentary. I'm sure I missed some options that should be mentioned.
Add Remove Comment
QC 1/2 once implemented
Great job and thank you Drampa.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Add Remove Comment
QC 1/2 once implemented
Great job and thank you Drampa.
I'll implement this shortly, only comment I'm going to make is that Apple Acid isn't > Freeze Dry by any means, and I would say almost always worse, and I should probably clarify in the post. Freeze Dry gives you coverage against various Dragons (Kommo-O, Dragapult, and as you said, Dracovish) meaning you're not setup / switchin bait. I'll make that clearer when I implement the rest of the stuff.

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Implemented Fissure's check

Some comments for the next check:
  • I'm not 100% confident on the mons I paired it with. They're both offensive mons that appreciate pivoting in general (although I discussed how Dragapult can take advantage of Rotom's checks). Something defensive might be good. Ferrothorn maybe, as something that can get up hazards repeatedly when using Rotom as a Defogger, while also having rly nice type synergy?
  • I removed a mention of Gyarados from the Freeze Dry section cuz idt Rotom needs Freeze Dry to KO Gyara, only problem is Gyara runs Power Whip now a lot of the time ;-;
  • I type in run-ons. :bloblul:
  • I removed the :drampa: where it was in my name which mean user Kris asked me to do :blobsad:
If I think of anything else before the next QC I'll add it here

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
Comments in RED
:rotom-wash::ss/rotom-wash::rotom-wash:
[SET]
name: Defensive
move 4: Defog / Freeze Dry / Blue Flare

[SET COMMENTS]
This set is designed to act as a pivot and bulky check to many Pokemon both defensive and offensive, including Cinderace, Corviknight, and Toxapex You may not need to add another example, but I would personally add Sand Rush Excadrill to this list as well. The Speed EVs allow Rotom-W to outpace Jolly Choice Band Cinderace after a V-Create, and Rotom-W can OHKO back with Scald or Strength Sap for recovery as well as to lower their physical damage output, while the rest of the spread maximizes physical bulk. Scald is the primary STAB attack of choice, allowing Rotom-W to fish for burns, while Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to do its job as a pivot and scout for switches Also mention how Washtom is a great Volt Switcher in general since it can threaten out Ground types with Scald not names Seismitoad or Gastrodon. Strength Sap improves Rotom-W's matchup versus physical threats as it lowers the Attack stat by one stage, however it can fail to be effective against many special attackers, Magic Bounce abusers, or Substitute users such as Kyurem, making Roost overall more reliable at keeping Rotom-W healthy through the entire match.

Pokemon that benefit from Rotom-W's pivoting make for good partners. Dragapult appreciates the free switchins as it can nuke many of Rotom-W's would be answers such as Ferrothorn or non-Scarf Hydreigon with super effective Fire or Dragon moves, as does Obstagoon, which can activate its Flame Orb safely Also note how Washtom can help check some of Goon's checks such as Ttar, Terrakion, and Corv in return. Rotom-W's last move-slot is versatile and can be a plethora of moves, depending on your team's structure or play style. Rotom-W heavily pressures defensive cores thanks to its extremely large movepool, making it an effective lure for many Pokemon. Examples of this include running Blue Flare to OHKO Ferrothorn to support Gyarados and running Freeze Dry to hit Seismitoad or Gastrodon alongside Dragon and Grass types such as Kommo-O and Celebi eh, your really not doing enough to Celebi to mention it here, would find a better example or remove that part entirely to support various Water types such as Keldeo. Apple Acid can be run to fill to hit Gastrodon and Seismitoad while simultaneously forcing switches through Special Defense drops, but misses the Grass or Dragon type targets of Freeze Dry. Aromatherapy, Nuzzle, and Will-O-Wisp are all worth considering as support options, alongside many other niche options too numerous to list here.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[drampa's grandpa, 305826]]
- Quality checked by: [[Fissure, 238307], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Very good job, the last paragraph may be a bit on the long side but I think it covers Washtom's flexibility well enough to be considered. Do this and this is....

QC 2/2.
QC-Funbot28-small.gif

drampa's grandpa

cannonball
Implemented, took out Celebi
and added the word occasional before Grass because I did a little calcing and honestly... all the Grass types are either unviable, too bulky + have recovery (Celebi, Rotom-C), or just aren't really things you'd want to stay in on. I could maybe mention Ludicolo I guess, but you don't even OHKO and it OHKOs back so. Probably better just to leave it as is.

Didn't mention Terrakion because Rotom doesn't always win the 1v1 unless you're Will-O-Wisp inb4 sub. You pretty much need to Burn with Scald to win against Life Orb Terrakion, and if it's already boosted you just lose.

Ready for GP unless anyone else has comments / I messed something up implementing.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
[SET]
name: Defensive
move 4: Defog / Freeze-Dry / Blue Flare

[SET COMMENTS]

This set is designed to act as a pivot and bulky check to many Pokemon both defensively and offensively (my brain switched off if you mean rotom-w is the check then make this change if not leave as-is), including Cinderace, Corviknight, Sand Rush Excadrill, and Toxapex. The Speed EVs allow Rotom-W to outpace Jolly Choice Band Cinderace after a V-Ccreate, and Rotom-W can either OHKO back with Scald or use Strength Sap for recovery as well as to lower their physical damage output, while the rest of the spread maximizes physical bulk. Scald is the primary STAB attack of choice, allowing Rotom-W to fish for burns, whileburn the foe while also damaging it (do n o t use the f word), and Volt Switch allows Rotom-W to do its jobact as a pivot and scout for switches, which Rotom-W does very effectively thanks to its ability to force out most Ground types its Water STAB-types due to its Water typing. Strength Sap improves Rotom-W's matchup versus physical threats, (AC) as it lowers the foe's Attack stat by one stage, however; however, it can fail to be effective against many special attackers, Magic Bounce abusers, orusers, and Substitute users such as Kyurem, Hatterene (or Espeon if you must), and [put a sub user here], making Roost overall more reliable at keeping Rotom-W healthy through the entire match.

Pokemon that benefit from Rotom-W's pivoting make for good partners. Dragapult appreciates the free switch ins, (AC) as it can nuke many of Rotom-W's would-be answers such as Ferrothorn or non-and non-Choice Scarf Hydreigon with super effective Fire or Dragon moves, as does Obstagoon, which can activate its Flame Orb safely while- and Dragon-type moves, respectively. Obstagoon also appreciates Rotom-W's pivoting ability, as it can allow Obstagoon to activate its Guts with Flame Orb safely, and Rotom-W can check Pokemon such as Tyranitar and Corviknight for Obstagoon. Rotom-W's last move-slot is versatile and can be a plethora of moves, depending on your team's structure or play and playstyle. Rotom-W heavily pressures defensive cores thanks to its extremely large movepool, making it an effective lure for many Pokemon. Examples of this include running Blue Flare to OHKO Ferrothorn to support Gyarados and running Freeze Dry to hit Seismitoad or-Dry to hit Seismitoad and Gastrodon alongside Dragon- and occasional Grass types such as Kommo-O to support various Water typ-types such as Kommo-o to support various Water-type teammates such as Keldeo. Apple Acid can be run to fiused as well to hit Gastrodon and Seismitoad while simultaneously forcing switches through Special Defense drops, but misses the Grass or Dragon type targets of Freeze Dryit loses the Grass- and Dragon-type targets that Freeze-Dry hits. Aromatherapy, Nuzzle, and Will-O-Wisp are all worth considering as support options, alongside many other niche options too numerous to list here.

how to implement a gp check since ik ur new to this

GP 1/1

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)