Deino plays! np: Pokémon Emerald Randomizer!

deinosaur

now available in lowercase
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry it's been a while since I update, I have been kind of busy. I'll hopefully get it done today or tomorrow.

Or the next day. ._.

deinosaur

I apologize for the long time between updates, but

Welcome to Episode 7 of:

Let's Play Pokemon Emerald!

Ahh yes, Wailmer watching.

After seeing Team Aqua steal the submarine, we head back to the base. We completely dominate all the trainers inside, as we watch the evil Team Aqua leaders escape. Now as we head back to the entrance, I remember that I have an item to go get. I go through some teleporters to the Master Ball at the end and continue on my way. So now as we swim through Route 124, we beat up on the trainers and finally, something excellent happens.

KEIRAN :DDDD

So now Keiran obtains his base 115 Attack stat, paired with a STAB Shadow Ball, and a decent Faint Attack coming off a base 78 Special Attack. So now we get to the Gym in Mossdeep City and work on training every Pokemon up by itself with many grueling battles. Finally, another Pokemon evolves.

Jellicent just got stronger :D

Now after much, much, much, much, much, much training, we arrive at the Gym Leaders Tate and Liza. Here we go, preparing for war.

Team Pic. <3

So in our mini-war against Tate and Liza, we quickly lose a few of our mons, but Raseri and Keiran pick up the slack and we get a pretty easy victory. After all that training, my Pokemon did nothing? UGH. Oh well, that's mons.

CHAMPS. 7/8

So our team is sitting at: DTC lvl 38, Jellicent lvl 36, Wobbanaut lvl 37, Raseri lvl 41, Keiran lvl 41, and prem lvl 34.

So that's all we have today! It was pretty short, since I cut out all the ridiculous time I spent training. You're welcome. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions, I love to hear them. If you like what I have so far, please say so! Every luvdisc is appreciated. :) It's also okay to request to have a Pokemon named after you. Please only do this if you can take a joke, I like to tease my teammates. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for the next update!

Let's Play!

deinosaur

Been kind of held up due to IRL events, but

Welcome to Episode 8 of:

So after defeating Tate and Liza, I find myself headed to the Mossdeep Space Center, where I am forced to take on the evil Team Magma members. After beating some trainers easily with Jellicent, we move to the Leader.

Me and Steven. BFFs.

Me and my bestie Steven move in for the kill. A painful battle ensues with Intimidates flying everywhere and then Swaggers and incredible amounts of luck. But Jellicent manages to survive and beat up Maxie with some powerful Surfs and Facades. After this delicious battle, we head back to Casa de Steven.

I love what you've done with the place!

He gives us HM08 Dive, which we give to a poor Tentacool we find in our boxes. Jellicent has no room to play around with weak moves such as this. We slowly make our way through thousands of wild Pokemon to Route 128, where we dive and find a MYSTERIOUS CAVE! :OOO

WHAT IS THIS MAGIC?

Working our way through the maze that is the Seafloor Cavern (pretty easily I might add, been here quite a few times). We get all the way to the final chamber, and what do we find?

<3

ONE OF THE BEST MOVES IN POKEMON! I think I'll end up teaching it to DTC because he's weak and Jellicent learns it by level up anyway. But eyes on the prize, there is something else we really came here for.

Say goodbye, Archie.

Jellicent is really feelin it now. He puts a stop to Mightyena, and I let Wobbanaut destroy Crobat and Sharpedo. DTC took 45% from Air Slash and couldn't land a Rock Tomb to save his life. >______< After defeating him, we move outside, where Archie has a sudden realization of great truth (epiphany).

I would say so.

Anyway, after defeating Archie, our team stands at Jellicent lvl 40, DTC lvl 40, Wobbanaut lvl 37, Raseri lvl 41, Keiran lvl 41, Tentacool lvl 10.

That's all for this Episode! Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions, I love to hear them. If you like what I have so far, please say so! Every luvdisc is appreciated. :) It's also okay to request to have a Pokemon named after you. Please only do this if you can take a joke, I like to tease my teammates. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for the next update!

Let's Play!

deinosaur

Episode 9 of:

We last left off with our character stranded on what appears to be a shallow part of the ocean. He swims all the way to Sootopolis, and is greeted by this scene:

Shouldn't Kyogre win in the rain?

I'm no expert at Ubers, but this looks to be a pretty tight matchup, even with Kyogre winning the weather war. Nonetheless, we move to Pacifidlog Town and the Sky Pillar.

Not gonna lie, i love this town. There's really no reason.

We slowly make our way to the top, through hundreds upon hundreds of wild Pokemon. I'm kidding, there was like 10, tops. Anyway, we get to the roof of the tower, and GUESS WHAT WE FIND?

He's sleeping. I'm tired as well. :o

He comes down to break up the fight in Sootopolis, clearing everyone between me and my ultimate goal. THE GYM. Sadly, I have been here many times, so the gym puzzle is no trouble for me.

So much easy.

So here we come gym, time to fall to my expert training.

Team pic!!

So we move into the battle, and I send out the horribly underlevelled Wobbanaut. He OHKO's the Luvdisc that Juan puts in front of me, and we move on. The Whiscash is taken easily by Jellicent, and Wobbanaut unleashes his thundery fury and OHKO's all of Juan's Pokemon. Thanks for the challenge, not.

UNFORTUNATELY, in my mind-addled state, I was unable to capture a screenshot of me obtaining this badge. .______________.

It looks like that. Anyway, I have obtained all 8 gym badges!!! It's time to challenge the Pokemon League.

My lovely collection.

That's all folks! Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions, I love to hear them. If you like what I have so far, please say so! Every luvdisc is appreciated. :) It's also okay to request to have a Pokemon named after you. Please only do this if you can take a joke, I like to tease my teammates. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for the next update! I'll be out of town from Friday to Friday this week, so you'll likely see either 1 update before i leave, or none until i get back. :/

Let's Play!

deinosaur

I am just posting to say, I'll be leaving for state baseball competition tomorrow, and won't be back for anywhere from 3-7 days. So this is gonna sit for a while. :/

Also, regarding requests: I'm coming up to the end of my adventure, so my team won't change much. After I defeat the E4, I will go through and complete all requests in a fan-update.

Thanks for all the support you guys! n_n

deinosaur

Its been a while, welcome back to Episode 10 of:

It actually took me much too long to get here.

After obtaining my 8th gym badge, I decided to go get mahself a Rayquaza. It took forever to climb to the top of Sky Pillar because I suck at riding bikes and I kept accidentally speeding up the emulator. :c after what felt like years, I met up with the majestic beast.

Fate is a good person.

I named him Fatecrash because Fatecrashers doesn't fit, and I'm hoping to gain favor with him. :D anyway, with Rayquaza caught, I make my way to Ever Grande City and Victory Road.

GET READY.

Inside, we find strong Pokemon which give us good experience. Wobbanaut took Wally to the cleaners, so much so that I had to pull him out of the lead spot to give some other members a chance. JEEZ. At this time, throughout his bitching on the IRC channel, the inevitable happened.

DTC sucks moderately.

Now that he's a Flygon, he doesn't completely blow, which is nice. I basically just grinded in Victory Road, so we'll skip that. I met up with a cute Lairon, though. :3

Texass. :D

You asked to be an Aggron, and I decided, no. This is what you get. <3

So after beating Victory Road, we find ourselves at the entrance to the Pokemon League.

Team Pic. <3 lovely.

In the next update, you will see how this team stands up to the Elite Four. :o

That's all folks! Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions, I love to hear them. If you like what I have so far, please say so! Every luvdisc is appreciated. :) It's also okay to request to have a Pokemon named after you. Please only do this if you can take a joke, I like to tease my teammates. Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed it and stay tuned for the next update!

Let's Play!

deinosaur

Here we go, Episode 11 of

THE ELITE FOUR

I prepare myself for the daunting challenge ahead, stocking up on some items. I move towards Sidney, the first of the League.

Elite Four #1

So I send out Raseri against his Mightyena, I completely wall it but it's a pain to kill due to Intimidate. I go out to DTC to finish it off. When Crawdaunt comes in, Wobbanaut meets him with a nice Thunderbolt. Then Shiftry, and I go back to Raseri for the kill. He moves to Absol, which actually KOes me with back to back SD Rock Slides. But Wobbanaut's like "BAHAHAHA NO." Now Cacturne comes back in to take on Fatecrashers, and that was that.

Elite Four #2

Raseri walls this team to hell and back, but I decided to go for faster KOes. After Dusclops used Curse on me, I needed to switch. So Wobba raped him with a Thunderbolt. Then he sent out the other Dusclops, which beat up Wobba with EQ. :c Keiran came in, somehow outspeeding, beat both Banettes and the Clops. Sableye was taken out by DTC.

Elite Four #3

Glacia led off with Sealeo, while I led with Wobbanaut. I went for the Spark 2HKO in order to save PP of Thunderbolt. Glalie came in, and Rayquaza killed it with Outrage. And then another Glalie came in to face the same fate (crashers). The other Sealeo and Walrein were taken down fairly easily with Spark and some parahax. That's 3.

Elite Four #4

In all fairness, Raseri beat Shelgon on his own. The Flygon came out into a Fatecrashers Outrage. Altaria was up next. Then Salamence. And then Kingdra. Pretty boring battle, all in all. Hopefully this is the last I will use Fate.

Champion

So here we go, Wobbanaut comes out against Wailord. Thunderbolt is a 2HKO easy. Then comes the Gyarados, and Thunderbolt straight up KOes it. GOOOOO WOBBA! But out comes Whiscash. Oh no. Swampert is able to slowly wear it down, and on the Full Restore, I switch to Fatecrashers for the kill. Ludicolo comes out and faces the same fate. Now is Tentacruel, which after a little weakening, DTC ACTUALLY KILLS. WAT. And now Milotic comes out and is 3HKOed by Wobbanaut Thunderbolt. <3

So that's all folks, thanks for keeping up with me through all this time. Soon I'm going to start another adventure, be it a Let's Play, Nuzlocke, or Scramble Challange. I'll take suggestions as for games and challenges by any means possible, be it in this thread, or just talk to me on IRC or something. This was really fun, I'm glad I did it. Check out this thread for all of my future Let's Plays and Challenges. :)

<3

~Deinosaur

deinosaur

I'm terribly sorry that this thread has sat here throughout all this time. I've been incredibly busy with IRL stuff that will likely continue on for a while. However, I will have little bits of time here and there, so I'll update when I can.

On a somewhat lighter note, I'll be starting another challenge soon. I'll either be doing a Nuzlocke or Scramble challange, the game hasn't been decided, but I'm leaning toward a 4th gen game.

Please give me suggestions either by message or by IRC! :D

deinosaur

[a]pscramble[/a]It looks like I'll be starting up a

Pokemon Platinum Scramble Challange!

Challange is:

Pokemon Platinum
No trading
Make it hard ;D
None of the silly Pokemon mentioned in the SC thread

LETS GET IT

Reserving for Deinosaur the awesome

You get Fickle the Tangela (you can Catchem in the great marsh)

Fickle is very fickle so it is always under the effects of torment
Fickle loves status but can't decide what status to give so it must always have two ways to give opponents status and must solo any gym leader of your choice after giving 2 of his pokes a different status after this it can evolve.
Fickle loves the ways of the old and new so it must always have Ancient Power and solo any gym mon with it after doing this it can forget the status moves
After this it's fickle about his battle style solo 1E4 mon 2HKOing him. and another by Toxic Stalling him

Rowan

The professor?
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would like to reserve a pokemon also.

Take Fatty the Marill. This Marill is overweight and therefore has the Thick Fat ability.
However all Fatty's Marill friends have the Huge Power ability and Fatty gets very jealous. To show it is just as powerful it may only use Physical attacks. (No Status attacks either, it only relies on brute strength.)
It refuses to believe it has the Thick Fat ability so it cannot be used against Ice or Fire types.
To prove it is the master of Physical attacks it must solo Maylene. It can only evolve once this is done.
As it believes it is strong, it must know Strength ASAP and must use it once in every battle. It must also know a fighting move ASAP.
When you get to the elite four, Fatty seizes the opportunity to show that it is the strongest Azumarill there is. It must solo one E4 member without using STAB moves.
Because Fatty is on a diet, it cannot eat berries.

Diatom

An enigma
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Take Macho the Machop. Macho thinks he is the strongest Machop around, so wants to prove his dominance. As he likes to show how gutsy he is, he must have guts as an ability. He also likes to show that even types that are immune to his STAB aren't save, so solo Fantina to evolve. Once he evolves, he wants to show that he can win without high-power moves, so he can't use any STAB moves with more than 70 BP (Vital throw spam!), or any moves with more than 90 BP (no EQ for you). He also wants to show that he is perfectly capable as a Machoke, and thus cannot evolve again. To prove his dominance in the end, solo Cynthia's Togekiss. Hard enough?

Must have Guts as an ability.
Must solo Fantina to evolve.
Once evolved, cannot use STAB moves with more than 70 BP, or any moves with more than 90 BP.
Cannot evolve into Machamp.
Must solo Cynthia's Togekiss.

Derp the Shinx.
it's so derpy, it doesn't even look intimidating. as such, it must have the ability rivalry.
have it defeat 15 pokemon of the opposite gender with physical moves to evolve every time
it may never hold an item, and it must lead your party throughout caves because it believes that its face is so awesome wild pokemon will be driven away (hint: it doesn't work but it never realises it)
also, it must sit out 2 gym leader battles that are not Volkner or Byron, and it must sit out 1 E4 battle that is not Bertha.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Totally reserving.

lol rehash of one epic challange I gave

Take Hydrophobe the Buizel.

As can be easily deduced from its name, Hydrophobe has been afraid of water since birth. No one knows quite why, but it seems to have involved a Wailord, a Psyduck and some place called "Solaceon". Oh well.

Anyway, Hydrophobe can't stand to be anywhere near water at all - not Water-type Pokemon, not Water moves, nothing.
Hence, its first restriction is that it can't fight any Water-type Pokemon. Simple enough, and quite easy! How nice of me.

Its second restriction is that it can't use any Water-type moves. No STAB? Never mind, should be fine, right?

Its third restriction is as such: you know how all Potions are water-based, right? No Potions or any other PokeMart-bought healing items. Uh-oh. Of course, if you force it to use such items, it can't help it, but it will flail around in your bag, knocking out P1500 worth of items.

For its fourth restriction, you need to know that the healing process in Pokemon Centres involve water. Lots of it. No Pokemon Center visits for it. It can still be forced to go for healing, but if it is, P3000 worth of items get pushed out of your bag. o.O

As you progress, you eventually reach Solaceon, the source of its fear. Hydrophobe feels the need to conquer its fear; leave it in the Day-Care for 48 real-world hours, or 3 ingame hours, whichever is shorter.

After this time, you can take it out, and it feels a bit better. The first and restriction is no longer in place.

Solo the entirety of Crasher Wake's Gym to help it overcome another fear, its fear of large amounts of water. After this, restriction 4 is no longer intact.

But its two other fears still remain, and it can't do anything about these! So, it wants to go around its fears and show you that it's still as useful as your other Pokemon. No potions? It can still go long times without those things, like soloing 50 Pokemon in a row without potions.
No Water-type moves? No worries! It shows you that it can still solo Bertha and Flint.

Good Luck; Have Fun!
---> if you want something more "inspired", let me know

Oh, sweet, I can round this team off ^.^

Reservation post, will edit something in once I've settled on the concept :)

Sorry for johning! Glad you're back now, though ^.^

Deino, take Faintheart the Turtwig

Faintheart is an easily frightened chap. He's easily intimidated, so much so that he'll switch out or flee against any foe with Intimidate. He also feels underpowered against opposing Grass-types, so he must always use Withdraw before any other move against them. His ego gets a bit of a boost after he solos Gardenia however, so much so that he can finally evolve into Grotle. He starts to get a bit cocky at this point and will bravely face off with anything with Intimidate, though he still instinctively withdraws against Grass-types. By the time he reaches Snowpoint City, he's grown a bit overconfident. He attempts to solo yet another gym leader, Candice. If he succeeds, his confidence skyrockets, he forgets all about withdrawing, and proudly takes on any Ice-type he can. Should he fail, however, his ego is hurt, and a Withdraw-wielding Grotle he shall forever remain.

Summary:
Has to use Withdraw before taking on Grass-types
Cannot battle foes with Intimidate
Must solo Gardenia, at which point it can evolve and must battle all Pokemon with Intimidate
Must attempt to solo Candice
- If successful, it becomes a Torterra that faces any Ice-type it can, and no longer needs Withdraw
- If unsuccessful, it cannot evolve and must keep Withdraw

deinosaur

Okay for

Pokemon Platinum Scramble Challange!

these are the mons I have for my team:

Reserving for Deinosaur the awesome

You get Fickle the Tangela (you can Catchem in the great marsh)

Fickle is very fickle so it is always under the effects of torment
Fickle loves status but can't decide what status to give so it must always have two ways to give opponents status and must solo any gym leader of your choice after giving 2 of his pokes a different status after this it can evolve.
Fickle loves the ways of the old and new so it must always have Ancient Power and solo any gym mon with it after doing this it can forget the status moves
After this it's fickle about his battle style solo 1E4 mon 2HKOing him. and another by Toxic Stalling him
Would like to reserve a pokemon also.

Take Fatty the Marill. This Marill is overweight and therefore has the Thick Fat ability.
However all Fatty's Marill friends have the Huge Power ability and Fatty gets very jealous. To show it is just as powerful it may only use Physical attacks. (No Status attacks either, it only relies on brute strength.)
It refuses to believe it has the Thick Fat ability so it cannot be used against Ice or Fire types.
To prove it is the master of Physical attacks it must solo Maylene. It can only evolve once this is done.
As it believes it is strong, it must know Strength ASAP and must use it once in every battle. It must also know a fighting move ASAP.
When you get to the elite four, Fatty seizes the opportunity to show that it is the strongest Azumarill there is. It must solo one E4 member without using STAB moves.
Because Fatty is on a diet, it cannot eat berries.
Take Macho the Machop. Macho thinks he is the strongest Machop around, so wants to prove his dominance. As he likes to show how gutsy he is, he must have guts as an ability. He also likes to show that even types that are immune to his STAB aren't save, so solo Fantina to evolve. Once he evolves, he wants to show that he can win without high-power moves, so he can't use any STAB moves with more than 70 BP (Vital throw spam!), or any moves with more than 90 BP (no EQ for you). He also wants to show that he is perfectly capable as a Machoke, and thus cannot evolve again. To prove his dominance in the end, solo Cynthia's Togekiss. Hard enough?

Must have Guts as an ability.
Must solo Fantina to evolve.
Once evolved, cannot use STAB moves with more than 70 BP, or any moves with more than 90 BP.
Cannot evolve into Machamp.
Must solo Cynthia's Togekiss.
Derp the Shinx.
it's so derpy, it doesn't even look intimidating. as such, it must have the ability rivalry.
have it defeat 15 pokemon of the opposite gender with physical moves to evolve every time
it may never hold an item, and it must lead your party throughout caves because it believes that its face is so awesome wild pokemon will be driven away (hint: it doesn't work but it never realises it)
also, it must sit out 2 gym leader battles that are not Volkner or Byron, and it must sit out 1 E4 battle that is not Bertha.
Totally reserving.

lol rehash of one epic challange I gave

Take Hydrophobe the Buizel.

As can be easily deduced from its name, Hydrophobe has been afraid of water since birth. No one knows quite why, but it seems to have involved a Wailord, a Psyduck and some place called "Solaceon". Oh well.

Anyway, Hydrophobe can't stand to be anywhere near water at all - not Water-type Pokemon, not Water moves, nothing.

Hence, its first restriction is that it can't fight any Water-type Pokemon. Simple enough, and quite easy! How nice of me.

Its second restriction is that it can't use any Water-type moves. No STAB? Never mind, should be fine, right?

Its third restriction is as such: you know how all Potions are water-based, right? No Potions or any other PokeMart-bought healing items. Uh-oh. Of course, if you force it to use such items, it can't help it, but it will flail around in your bag, knocking out P1500 worth of items.

For its fourth restriction, you need to know that the healing process in Pokemon Centres involve water. Lots of it. No Pokemon Center visits for it. It can still be forced to go for healing, but if it is, P3000 worth of items get pushed out of your bag. o.O

As you progress, you eventually reach Solaceon, the source of its fear. Hydrophobe feels the need to conquer its fear; leave it in the Day-Care for 48 real-world hours, or 3 ingame hours, whichever is shorter.

After this time, you can take it out, and it feels a bit better. The first and restriction is no longer in place.

Solo the entirety of Crasher Wake's Gym to help it overcome another fear, its fear of large amounts of water. After this, restriction 4 is no longer intact.

But its two other fears still remain, and it can't do anything about these! So, it wants to go around its fears and show you that it's still as useful as your other Pokemon. No potions? It can still go long times without those things, like soloing 50 Pokemon in a row without potions.
No Water-type moves? No worries! It shows you that it can still solo Bertha and Flint.

Good Luck; Have Fun!
---> if you want something more "inspired", let me know
Oh, sweet, I can round this team off ^.^

Reservation post, will edit something in once I've settled on the concept :)

Sorry for johning! Glad you're back now, though ^.^

Deino, take Faintheart the Turtwig

Faintheart is an easily frightened chap. He's easily intimidated, so much so that he'll switch out or flee against any foe with Intimidate. He also feels underpowered against opposing Grass-types, so he must always use Withdraw before any other move against them. His ego gets a bit of a boost after he solos Gardenia however, so much so that he can finally evolve into Grotle. He starts to get a bit cocky at this point and will bravely face off with anything with Intimidate, though he still instinctively withdraws against Grass-types. By the time he reaches Snowpoint City, he's grown a bit overconfident. He attempts to solo yet another gym leader, Candice. If he succeeds, his confidence skyrockets, he forgets all about withdrawing, and proudly takes on any Ice-type he can. Should he fail, however, his ego is hurt, and a Withdraw-wielding Grotle he shall forever remain.

Summary:
Has to use Withdraw before taking on Grass-types
Cannot battle foes with Intimidate
Must solo Gardenia, at which point it can evolve and must battle all Pokemon with Intimidate
Must attempt to solo Candice
- If successful, it becomes a Torterra that faces any Ice-type it can, and no longer needs Withdraw
- If unsuccessful, it cannot evolve and must keep Withdraw

I have a lot of stuff going on IRL and possibly some stuff going on for smogon as well, i'll do this when i can. n_n <3

deinosaur

Alright you guys, I'm coming back to Smogon.

I've missed all of you quite a lot, and I felt like an appropriate way to return is to do another Let's Play.

Unfortunately, I won't be getting to the Platinum Scramble I had planned, because my emulator isn't working correctly. So instead I'll be doing a Nuzlocke of Pokemon Diamond on my actual DS.

I regret not being able to post pictures, but I'll try out my writing skills in this one. Episode 1 will be up soon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)