Deoxys-D Discussion

Oglemi

Borf
is a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus

As one of the most defensive forces around, I figured Deo-D needed a thread of his own.

Pros:
- Huge defenses on both sides
- Fast for a defensive Pokemon: 90 base Speed
- Nice support movepool, includes Taunt and Spikes as well as dual screens and Trick Room
- Instant recovery in Recover

Cons:
- Crappy typing - little resistences and weaknesses to Pursuit and U-turn
- Little in the way of offense, worse offenses than Registeel without Seismic Toss (though it does get Night Shade)
- Is easily disposed of via Toxic/Toxic Spikes, or Taunt + WoW *coughMewcough*

Here's the set me and few other people have been using, (I actually love this set btw).

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Recover
move 4: Ice Beam / Night Shade / Stealth Rock / Toxic
item: Leftovers
nature: Timid
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

So post any sets and thoughts you have on Deoxys-D

(PS: Don't just post "LOL this thing is Uber/legendary I can't believe it's UU ban it already LOL." You will most likely be infracted.)

As one of the most defensive forces around, I figured Deo-D needed a thread of his own.

Pros:
- Huge defenses on both sides
- Fast for a defensive Pokemon: 90 base Speed
- Nice support movepool, includes Taunt and Spikes as well as dual screens and Trick Room
- Instant recovery in Recover

Cons:
- Crappy typing - little resistences and weaknesses to Pursuit and U-turn
- Little in the way of offense, worse offenses than Registeel without Seismic Toss (though it does get Night Shade)
- Is easily disposed of via Toxic/Toxic Spikes, or Taunt + WoW *coughMewcough*

Here's the set me and few other people have been using, (I actually love this set btw).

[SET]
name: Support
move 1: Taunt
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Recover
move 4: Ice Beam / Night Shade / Toxic
item: Leftovers
nature: Jolly
evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

So post any sets and thoughts you have on Deoxys-D

(PS: Don't just post "LOL this thing is Uber/legendary I can't believe it's UU ban it already LOL." You will most likely be infracted.)
Wouldn't Timid be better for Ice Beam (even if you don't run Ice Beam, there's not much of a reason to run Jolly, but likewise for Timid as well)?

Aside from the nitpick, I have this set on Platinum and I'm wondering if it's any good:

Deoxys-D
Impish
252HP/40Def/216SpDef
Cosmic Power
Toxic
Night Shade
Recover

I had no experience with Deo-D when I made it, so it's probably rather bad. What can I do to improve it (while keeping Cosmic Power)?

Honko

he of many honks
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I wasn't too impressed with this thing until PK Gaming posted the fast spread; the bulky one people were using at first was far too easy to Taunt. With the Speed investment, though, it's definitely the best hazard setter in UU right now.

I agree. This thing is just so hard to kill, even with SE attacks. Not many things in UU can beat this one-on one. Mainly fast Taunters (Crobat) or strong Bug, Dark or Ghosts (Weavile, Heracross). Note that it's setup fodder for a few really strong sweepers though, such as SD Weavile.

Resistances have been pretty king this gen. I ran him as a mixed wall in an attempt to create a more stallish team. The lack of resistances really doesn't help this guy out because there's not alot of things he can switch into, and what you really want these days are resistances or things like intimidate-W-o-W for bulk.

The lost of Magic coat is not worth in the fast set since there are a lot of stuff that still outspeeds you (i'm looking at you Azelf) and the fact that you're less bulky doesn't help, if azelf goes then you still has frosslas and still you can't take it's shadow balls as good

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Deoxys-D is what Uxie should have been like in gen IV UU. Its so useful :D

I'd remove the Toxic slash and replace it with Stealth Rocks. Dual Hazards are pretty damn useful, especially if you don't want to waste a team slot on a Stealth Rock user/force Stealth Rock onto another Pokemon that's better off without it. If you're using dual hazards, make sure to pack a strong spin blocker like Dusclops.

I'm not really sure Ice Beam deserves a slot? Just saying, since it's coming off 176 SpA it doesn't seem like it'd be hurting much. It can't even OHKO 4/0 Flygon without Stealth Rock, which is the frailest poke in UU 4x weak to Ice, iirc. Support moves should take priority on the 4th slot. Agility or Magic Coat are options too, both being viable ways to combat Taunters.

Why isn't Cosmic Power a viable option while coupled with Recover, Spikes/Taunt/Night Shade and Toxic? I could imagine that only faster Toxics/Taunts, Critical hits, and Xatu/Espeon would be able to beat it (if you're not using Night Shade).

Where is the Agility Toxic set?

Deoxys-D@Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe

Toxic
Taunt
Agility
Recover

This set is beastly assuming you remove their steels/Magic Coat users (hello Magnezone/Eviolite Magneton). The given EVs allow it to outrun even Jolly ScarfGon at +2, allowing you to Toxic everything and everything in sight. Taunt prevents you from falling to status, and Recover is for health, obviously.

breh

強いだね
no red card rececyle? son, I am dissapoint

Rest/Psycho Boost(for heracross and heracross only)/Taunt/Recycle?

yeah yeah dark types wall it; just use hitmontop or something

such a pity it can't have 5 moveslots, or every set would be so easy to make!

conversely,

Rest/Sleep Talk/Cosmic Power/Night Shade

I'm sure you can stall out chansey, actually. Rest means that you have very many skipped turns. Just make sure to kill your opponent's spinner first.

Where is the Agility Toxic set?

Deoxys-D@Leftovers
Bold; 252 HP / 132 Def / 124 Spe

Toxic
Taunt
Agility
Recover

This set is beastly assuming you remove their steels/Magic Coat users (hello Magnezone/Eviolite Magneton). The given EVs allow it to outrun even Jolly ScarfGon at +2, allowing you to Toxic everything and everything in sight. Taunt prevents you from falling to status, and Recover is for health, obviously.
I don't think the speed investment is absolutely necessary, unless you're worried about Scarfers carrying random status or Taunt. Even if you only had 252/0, Scarfgon 3HKOs at best with Outrage, barring crits.

On the PO server, Deo-D has been essentially the reason I made it to rank 82. My set that earned me a 15 win streak was:

Deoxys-D@Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252HP/40DEF/216SPE
Moves:

-Stealth Rock
-Spikes
-Recover
-Taunt/Psychic/Ice Beam

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Consider Knock Off os a slash in on the last set. Great way to screw over things like CHansey, Victini or Kyurem.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
With a superior movepool, would it not be possible for Deoxys-D to run a SubCM set ala Jirachi?

With a superior movepool, would it not be possible for Deoxys-D to run a SubCM set ala Jirachi?
Personally I would see Mew as a superior choice for SubCM, as it has an even more enormous movepool and much better offenses than Deo-D, not to mention an ability that discourages statusers (in case it loses the sub). Mew can also create 101 HP subs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)