Monotype Deoxys-S (Psychic)

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Deoxys-Speed @ Electrium Z
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Traditionally used as a suicide lead, Deoxys-S also finds use as a special attacker and sweeper with the unique capacity to outspeed the entirety of the unboosted metagame as well as Adamant Mega Swampert in the rain, naturally fast Pokemon such as Mega Aerodactyl, and common Choice Scarf users like Landorus-T. It's also blessed with a vast movepool that includes BoltBeam coverage and Energy Ball, which is effective against Flying, Ground, and Water teams. However, it requires a Nasty Plot boost before it's able to effectively sweep teams. Additionally, special walls such as Chansey and Tyranitar often stop Deoxys-S in its tracks despite its prowess so it requires the assistance of Mega Gallade and Victini to help break them. It also appreciates the utility provided by teammates such as Celebi and Jirachi, as they both can provide Stealth Rock support to gradually chip at foes while also being able to use U-turn as an option to safely switch Deoxys-S into battle.

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think you can find better examples than Nihilego and Victini as scarfer to outspeed since this set doesn't really do much to either of them without very significant chip or being +2 and winning the roll with z-move.

I would rephrase the second sentence since without NP it can't sweep at all. I would also specifically refer to the boltbeam coverage as well as this set's prowess in the Flying, Water, and Ground matchups.

Otherwise looks good QC 1/1

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Though traditionally Traditionally used as a suicide lead, Deoxys-S also finds use as a special attacker and sweeper with the unique capacity to outspeed the entirety of the unboosted metagame as well as Adamant Mega Swampert in the rain and common Choice Scarf users such as Mega Aerodactyl, (RC) and Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Swampert in the Rain. It's also blessed with a vast movepool, (RC) which that includes BoltBeam coverage and Energy Ball, which is effective against Flying, Ground, and Water teams. However, it requires a Nasty Plot boost before it's able to effectively sweep teams. Additionally, special walls such as Chansey and Tyranitar often stop Deoxys-S in its tracks despite its prowess, and so it requires the assistance of Mega Gallade and Victini to help break them. It also appreciates the utility provided by teammates such as Celebi and Jirachi, as they both can provide Stealth Rock support to gradually chip at foes, (RC) while also being able to use U-turn as an option to safely switch Deoxys-S into battle.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:

Havens

WGI World Champion
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
add remove (comments)
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Energy Ball

Though traditionally Traditionally used as a suicide lead, Deoxys-S also finds use as a special attacker and sweeper with the unique capacity to outspeed the entirety of the unboosted metagame as well as Adamant Mega Swampert in the rain and common Choice Scarf users such as Mega Aerodactyl, (RC) and Landorus-T and Adamant Mega Swampert in the Rain. It's also blessed with a vast movepool, (RC) which that includes BoltBeam coverage and Energy Ball, which is effective against Flying, Ground, and Water teams. However, it requires a Nasty Plot boost before it's able to effectively sweep teams. Additionally, special walls such as Chansey and Tyranitar often stop Deoxys-S in its tracks despite its prowess, and so it requires the assistance of Mega Gallade and Victini to help break them. It also appreciates the utility provided by teammates such as Celebi and Jirachi, as they both can provide Stealth Rock support to gradually chip at foes, (RC) while also being able to use U-turn as an option to safely switch Deoxys-S into battle.
1/1 :blobthumbsup:
View attachment 180438
Thanks for the check; I'm just curious if that second line grammatically makes sense. Not questioning the check at all but it just reads oddly umu. That or I'm just really dumb and tired lol

edit: nvm I am just dumb and tired

at the end of the first sentence, "and common Choice Scarf users such as Mega Aerodactyl and Landorus-T" you might wanna rephrase this so it doesn't sound like mega aero is a choice scarf user
This mistake made it through the post on social media. It was noticed and fixed 6hrs after it went live.
Just commenting so it doesn't get lost in discord.

Havens

WGI World Champion
The description was fixed last Monday to reflect the proper wording. How was it possible that it got through with the ambiguous wording?

Just curious so that I could prevent it for next time.

The description was fixed last Monday to reflect the proper wording. How was it possible that it got through with the ambiguous wording?

Just curious so that I could prevent it for next time.
The mistake was pointed out two weeks ago, the OP was fixed a week later. The post was probably scheduled in between those dates since I'm sure the thread title said DONE.

To prevent this just don't make mistakes, duh
Being serious, its natural to make mistakes unfortunately this time around all of our quality checks failed. I guess that's why other content has more than one gp check.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)