evs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

- great dser if youre a dick and use mew

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

- use mew

[Other Options]

- LO sweeper is bad

[Checks and Counters]

- scarf darkrai is probably the best lead counter cuz it almost always ensures no layers
- forry UGH what a dick
- scarf shaymin-s UGH asshole
- pkmn that limit it to 1 layer can be 'counters': ttar, random fast scarfers, twave ppl if ur unlucky
- priority fuckers: rayquaza, gira-o, scizor all limit you to 1 layer

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
Standard Lead:

Remove Psycho Boost it doesnt help Deoxys-S set up spikes vs any other Lead. In most cases it is better to set up Hazards or Taunt than to use that move.
Leave Extremespeed/Superpower in the last slot and move Hidden Power[Fire] and Signal Beam to AC. Forretress isnt all that common as a lead and Signbal Beam should be mentioned aside HP[Fire] consdering both need Special Attack investment (and a special mention of it).

Consider a 252 HP / 4 x / 252 Spe EV-spread (along with Leftovers,for the Standard lead. Ive used that spread for years and it worked great (Xspeed still 2hkoes Deo-A leads).

Add Trickscarf-Deo-S either as a set or as an option for the standard lead (Deo-S@Scarf: Trick, Spikes, Taunt, Superpower - take EV's from Jibaku's RMT 'Vulcan Fury).

Mention Deo-S as a cleaner (Superpower +3 special attacks) in OO.

standard lead should ONLY have a spread of 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe. absolutely no reason to run max attack; the analysis onsite is incredibly outdated and something i had meant to fix a while back. i agree with conflict with the slashing of the fourth move

trick scarf should probably be the second set. no one really runs dual screen at all (unless it's baton pass, in which case deoxys-s is usually the hazard user rather than the dual screener)

tldr i agree with everything conflict says

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
No point having Leftovers in the first set, IMO, most attacking leads would end up OHKOing you anyway.

I think 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a + Def nature needs a mention. It let's lead Deoxys-S never get 2HKOed by a Giratina-O' Shadow Sneak and even live 252 Atk Adamant Tyranitar's Crunch + Sandstream. It's still fast as fuck regardless.

Conflict

is the 9th Smogon Classic Winneris a Three-Time Past SPL Championis the defending GSC Circuit Champion
World Defender
I think 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD and a + Def nature needs a mention. It let's lead Deoxys-S never get 2HKOed by a Giratina-O' Shadow Sneak and even live 252 Atk Adamant Tyranitar's Crunch + Sandstream. It's still fast as fuck regardless.
This is rather specific to be honest.
Well if you forego Speed you might be able to beat Gira-O-Leads and Tyranitar but Deoxys-S now will be outsped by other common leads.
Opposing Deo-S force your Deo-S out with the threat of Taunt and Scarfers like Kyogre or fast Mons like Shaymin-s and Darkrai now outspeed and prevent Deo-S from laying 2 Layers. Oh Deo-A wins in almost every instance too (like 3% chance or something to not 2hko this Deo-S with Sball+XSpeed).
Considering that Deoxys-S, Kyogre, Darkrai, Deo-A and Shaymin-s (combined) are more common as leads than Giratina-O and Tyranitar that might not be the best change.

I wasn't suggesting that as a set change. Just as an AC mention. But yeah, it is a rather specific change--it's just cool as fuck living that sort of thing.

sandshrewz

POTATO
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sorry but I'm going to bump this. Is anyone willing to take over this analysis as the writer has left? Thanks :)

locopoke

Banned deucer.
My most successful teams used Deoxys suicide lead without SR. Instead of setting up SR and 1 layer of Spikes, you have a better chance of 3 layers and then a sturdy Pokemon such as Groudon or Dialga can set up SR afterwards. Obviously some teams might not want to dedicate more than one Pokemon to entry hazards, but I think Deoxys has better options for the last move. It's my belief that you should give each of your Pokemon as little to accomplish as possible so that you can make sure it gets the job done right. You wouldn't give Forretress all 3 entry hazards, would you?

Personally I'm a big fan of Ice Beam and Extremespeed. In the last important DPP Ubers tournaments (SPL/Smogon Tour) Rayquaza lead was huge because people believed you could beat Deoxys with Draco Meteor + Extremespeed. With around 96 SpA EVs (IIRC), Ice Beam OHKOs Rayquaza and Extremespeed finishes them off in the case of a Focus Sash which was somewhat common.

As you mentioned in additional comments, Shadow Ball is also a good option if you want to win the mirror match, but Deoxys is pretty much all it hits. Ice Beam hits Dragons hard and puts a nice dent in Groudon as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)