* 150 / 150 / 150 offenses are no joke, and pack quite a punch against a few threats.
* 50 / 50 / 50 bulk, while subpar, is much better than Deoxys-A's bulk, and lets Deoxys survive a few more things.
* With proper defensive investment, Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike is not a guaranteed OHKO, and Extreme Killer Arceus is unable to OHKO it with an Extreme Speed even after a Swords Dance.
* It is entirely outclassed by both Deoxys-A as an offensive Pokémon and Deoxys-S as an entry hazard lead.
* Its defenses are still horrible, only being able to survive a few things while offering little in return.
name: Do Not Use This Pokemon (Utility)
move 1: Psycho Boost
move 2: Spikes
move 3: Taunt
move 4: Low Kick / Counter
item: Chilan Berry
evs: 136 HP / 252 Def / 120 Spe
* Psycho Boost is Deoxys's most powerful STAB move.
* Spikes gives Deoxys some use as a hazard setter.
* Taunt helps stop defensive and setup threats from healing or setting up.
* Low Kick is a strong Fighting-type means of damaging Extreme Killer, and it deals consistently strong damage against many of the heavy Pokemon reigning in Ubers.
* Counter is a nice answer to physical attackers, dealing back twice the damage dealt to Deoxys should it happen to survive the hit.
* The given HP and Defense EVs allow Deoxys to take a Life Orb-boosted Shadow Claw from Jolly Extreme Killer Arceus.
* A Naive nature and 120 Speed EVs allows it to outpace Pheromosa not running a Speed-boosting nature while preserving the damage output of Low Kick.
* Chilan Berry gives it some niche in being able to take Extreme Killer Arceus's Extreme Speed, even after a Swords Dance.
* Switch it in when you predict an opposing Arceus to use Swords Dance, as you know it will survive an Extreme Speed and its Fighting-type move can then OHKO.
* If you see no Arceus on the opposing team, or if it's not Extreme Killer Arceus, this Pokemon can set up Spikes or Taunt or do whatever. You can then use it as free death fodder to bring in other Pokemon safely.
* Do not wear it down too much, or its ability to take hits the hits that it is designed to take will be severely compromised. This includes both attack damage and entry hazard damage.
* Things that can take on Yveltal and Lunala, like Xerneas or a Yveltal of your own, are helpful.
* Xerneas and Rayquaza appreciate having Extreme Killer removed for them.
* Defoggers like Giratina-O or spinners like Cloyster are appreciated to keep residual damage off of Deoxys.
* Stealth Rock support from the likes of Primal Groudon or Dialga is helpful for putting Pokemon like Darkrai into KO range from Low Kick or Psycho Boost. Groudon can also change the weather to help Deoxys avoid taking sandstorm damage.
* Tapu Lele's Psychic Terrain augments Psycho Boost's power, and keeps Deoxys safe from Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch.
* An offensive set seems like a viable option with its offenses, but Deoxys-A does that job better.
* A hazard lead or dual screens setter seems like a viable option as well, but Deoxys-S and Klefki do those jobs better.
* Stealth Rock can be used over Spikes, Pokemon like Primal Groudon or Dialga are better at setting it up.
Checks and Counters
**Mega Sableye**: With its Dark / Ghost typing and Magic Bounce bouncing back status moves, Mega Sableye is immune to anything Deoxys tries to do, and is thus the perfect answer to it.
**Alolan Muk**: Alolan Muk cares little about any of Deoxys's moves and can OHKO with STAB Knock Off.
**Yveltal**: Yveltal cares little about Low Kick, does not mind being Taunted or absorbing Psycho Boost, and easily OHKOes back. Defensive variants do mind Taunt moreso, however.
**Ghost-types**: Calm Mind Lunala and Giratina do not appreciate taking Taunts, but otherwise wall Deoxys to a great extent. Other Lunala variants could not care less about anything Deoxys tries to do.
**Faster Threats**: While few Pokémon are naturally faster than Deoxys, there are plenty of Choice Scarf users who can outspeed and OHKO it with an appropriately-strong move.
**Anti-Leads and Entry Hazard Removers**: Deoxys-S can come in on a lead, Taunt Deoxys, and proceed to set up its own hazards as Deoxys is forced to switch out or rely on weak attacking moves. Giratina-O can take a Psycho Boost, KO Deoxys with the appropriate moves, and clear any Spikes it tried to set up. Cloyster does not like being hit, but it can similarly KO and clear.