Tournament Der Mächtige - Doubles Ubers Tournament ($200 in prizing) [Won by DaWoblefet]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
approved by the Doubles forum moderators
dubers thread art 2 optimized.png

~ Der Mächtige - Doubles Ubers Tournament ~
Visit the Doubles Ubers megathread for sample teams, viability rankings, and other resources.

Welcome to the first Doubles Ubers tournament of Pokemon Sword and Shield! Both Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra have brought back a number of powerful legendary Pokemon, with Abilities, stats, and moves that far outstrip the threats of pre-DLC DUbers. This tournament is intended to advance the Doubles Ubers metagame beyond ladder play. A prize pool of $200 USD is available to help increase the stakes. There is no entry fee.

1st: $90 USD
2nd: $50 USD
Top 4: $30 USD

Payments will be distributed via PayPal after the conclusion of the tournament. Alternative platforms will be considered for distribution if there is a sufficiently good reason for the individual to need said alternative platform. Because I am participating in this tournament, should I happen to place in the money, my personal earnings will be donated to charity.

Tournament-specific rules
  • This tournament will be single elimination.
  • Rounds will be best-of-three. You may switch teams between battles of the same set.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokemon Showdown.
  • Replays must be saved. Any match win reported without replays will not count. This is to promote the development of the Doubles Ubers metagame and ensure players are on an equal playing field with regards to replay access.
  • Activity calls will be made by me, potentially with neutral assistance from another TD / Doubles forum moderator. Coin flips will be done publicly in the Smogon Doubles room.
  • Do not cheat. Cheating will result in a disqualification. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary. Cheating includes, but is not limited to:
    • Signing up with more than one account
    • Ghosting or being ghosted by another player (e.g. while playing a set, asking for advice about what team to bring or what plays to make)
    • Manipulating match outcomes (e.g. throwing a match in exchange for money)
    • Going to your opponent's house and physically assaulting them
  • Do not harass or insult your opponents. I reserve the right to disqualify anyone breaking this rule. Additional punishments may be applied as necessary.
Doubles Ubers-specific rules
  • This is a standard SwSh Doubles Ubers tournament.
  • Only and all Pokemon obtainable in Sword and Shield may be used.
  • Species Clause: A player cannot have two Pokemon with the same Pokedex number on their team.
  • Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize are banned. (No other evasion boosting things are banned).
  • OHKO Clause: The moves Horn Drill, Guillotine, Sheer Cold, and Fissure are banned.
  • Endless Battle Clause: Anything capable of intentionally creating an endless battle is banned.

HOW TO SCHEDULE

To sign up, post either "in" or "broken Magearna wins again" in this thread. Signups will close on Sunday, December 13 at 11:59 PM EST (GMT -5).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)