Destiny (Spoilers)

Osiris

Glasses Jacket Shirt Man
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

The best thing since sliced bread. The beta just came out 3 days ago (for PS4 and PS3) and it is AMAZING. The beta will be available for all systems in a few days.

I've only tried out the Hunter (Lv 4) and Warlock (Lv 8). I really want to try out the Titan which seems pretty popular in the Crucible. Have you guys seen the secret areas (The Grotto)? What do you think so far?

Reviving since the full game came out today. Just got the 360 version after playing the beta (I couldn't afford to get an Xbox One so 360 version it is for me). The beta was awesome and I can't wait to start playing the full game, just seeing the concept art on the installation waiting screen is awesome. I'm still not sure If I should stick with the Warlock class I liked during the beta or try out the Hunter class, which I haven't tried yet. Decisions decisions!

EDIT: Also if you don't refer to your Ghost as a Dinklebot you have no soul.

Last edited:
As a PC player, you can probably understand my current disappointment with Destiny. Yeah I technically have a PS3, but seriously who's even still playing on the PS3 system? Not to mention the lack of cross-platform play sucks major balls (especially the super lame reason given by Bungie), and a selling point on that for me would've been to play with my brother and friends who ditched the ps3 for ps4 (which I'm not getting as my PC's specs kick the PS4 to the curb).

So until they decide to implement cross-platform play or come out with a PC version, unfortunately passing.

religiousjedi

Old man.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Reviving since the full game came out today. Just got the 360 version after playing the beta (I couldn't afford to get an Xbox One so 360 version it is for me). The beta was awesome and I can't wait to start playing the full game, just seeing the concept art on the installation waiting screen is awesome. I'm still not sure If I should stick with the Warlock class I liked during the beta or try out the Hunter class, which I haven't tried yet. Decisions decisions!

EDIT: Also if you don't refer to your Ghost as a Dinklebot you have no soul.
Hey, another guy who has it on the 360!

Hope you stuck with Warlock. I loved my build from the beta so much that I couldn't leave her!

Hey, another guy who has it on the 360!

Hope you stuck with Warlock. I loved my build from the beta so much that I couldn't leave her!
Nah I decided to try out the Hunter class since that was the only one I didn't do during the beta. At first I was decidedly underwhelmed, but once I unlocked the alternate hunter class with the Arc Blade ult, I've made a 180. The Arc blade super is amazing, you basically fly around slashing enemies to bits like a freaking ninja and it's probably the coolest thing ever (and also insanely effective; against NPCs it's not uncommon to run out of enemies to kill before your super runs out).

I've gotten to level 20 now (21 counting light from armor). The game is everything I hoped for and more, having a blast with it. Been moving through the story slowly, still haven't finished mars yet despite my high level :P.

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm Level 21 and finished the story except for the Strike missions on Mars. I'm having a blast, although I can definitely see where the game is lacking. The story is garbage. This is one of the few games where I'm enjoying multi-player and "single-player" though.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Finally got to 20 today on a Gunslinger hunter (I headshot a lot). It's pretty fun, and can actually be pretty hard when you play on higher levels than you're supposed to (unlike most games these days...)

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
So I'm gonna be (or at least try to) picking up the PS4 Destiny bundle soon and I've been wondering about what class to play as. I've been leaning Hunter and was wondering what class you guys have seen the most of and if there is a full list of the abilities/subclasses/whatever that each main class has.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
So I'm gonna be (or at least try to) picking up the PS4 Destiny bundle soon and I've been wondering about what class to play as. I've been leaning Hunter and was wondering what class you guys have seen the most of and if there is a full list of the abilities/subclasses/whatever that each main class has.
Honestly, the classes feel pretty balanced, mainly because Destiny tries to make it feel a lot more like an FPS than an RPG. The class trees are here, just click on the link beside "More on ___". It's essentially going to come down to how you play; Hunter subclasses reward people that headshot a lot or melee a lot, and focus on Agility. Warlocks focus on Battle Recovery and are pretty much just the grenade spamming class. Titans focus on armor or putting out as much damage in as little time as possible; a tank class, if you will.
As far as what I've seen the most...it's kinda hard to answer that, there's not a whole lot of armor distinctions. I'd probably say Warlock is the most popular overall, although people are starting to flock to the Titan for PvP since they get pretty hard to kill once they're geared.

warlock and hunter are definitely what i see more of, but i feel like titans are really underrated and people are starting to discover how good they are. some of the most frustrating moments i've had in pvp have been getting killed by the titan melee super or from not being able to kill multiple people sitting behind their titan teammates shield. you really cant go wrong with picking any of them as they all have their pros and cons, it just depends on your play style preference i suppose.

my time on destiny so far has been ok. not the most amazing, but not awful. my main gripe with the game is how little you get rewarded at times for as much grinding as you can do. i'm currently a level 21 hunter and finished the story a couple of days ago. although it did feel really repetitive at certain points, there's certainly many ways to get some enjoyment out of it. something i would recommend if you're looking to really get some fun out of the pve would be to play with friends as it just enhances that experience that much more.

as for what i'm doing right now it's pretty much just grinding for crucible/vanguard marks and rep to purchase legendary gear/weapons to use in pvp. strike playlist is supposedly the way to go if you want some really good blue drops but unfortunately i haven't been very lucky with that so far :(

also surprised at the number of old gen console players in here :o

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
As a Titan, my most difficult match-up overall is against other Titans, especially Defenders. Hunters and Warlocks are manageable to an extent because their defence is lower than mine typically, but against another Titan it's 50/50. If they have their defender shield up it's just not happening unless I can creep in with a good shotty hit and a Storm Fist. I mean, I can always fire off my ult in there (which I've done a couple of times) but it's all risky business.

Also, I've been seeing a ton of older players come out for this game on PS3. It's pretty crazy.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I think that it would be beyond amazing if smogon were to beat the raid

Does anyone else have Destiny for the xbox one?

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
I think that it would be beyond amazing if smogon were to beat the raid

Does anyone else have Destiny for the xbox one?
I do, though Smash has kinda consumed me and I haven't played recently :x. I'm level 27 though, gamertag is same as username

Well, I don't know how useful I'd be because I'm only Level 21 and don't get to play much, but my GT is Drizzle Kyogre if I'm on and anyone's desperate for help >_>. Though I'd really recommend getting a full lobby of high levels. I saw my brother attempt this with a bunch of his friends, all of them at least level 25 and many with Legendary and Exotic gear, and they failed pretty hard.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Out of curiosity, how do people here handle leveling at above 20 now that the loot cave is patched out? My current plan is to do Strikes until I'm 23, then crucible until I'm 26, then do high level strikes until 28 to 30, but I'm sure there's a better way to do it.

i think the best way to level past 20 post patch is chaining strikes in the tiger playlist because that now gives you guaranteed blue engrams or even purple if you're lucky. use that and complete bounties in order to level up your vanguard rep/other factions rep so you have access to decent gear to use/dismantle into ascendant materials to upgrade your gear by the time you're 25ish. turning in lots of bounties also gives you a higher chance to receive exotic weapon bounties which are pretty easy to complete for the most part. once you're high enough, make sure to complete your daily heroic missions and weekly heroic strikes as well, as those guarantee ascendant materials and strange coins respectively. also make sure to complete at least 1 public event per day,as that will also guarantee you get some kind of ascendant material from the postmaster.

about crucible, ive actually found it to be a really slow and unreliable way to progress through the game because the reward system is completely random. however, leveling up your crucible rep definitely helps with getting access to decent gear as well, it's just more of a grind and can get pretty frustrating if you don't run with a team that can win games.

level 28 hunter here btw

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Yeah I usually just try and max vanguard and crucible marks each week, 2-3 legendary pieces that you control the stats and buffs on ia much better than random legendary gear

massive necrobump to see if anyone on here still plays this game. since the last post in this thread, the game has changed massively, there's nothing even in here about the dark below :/. with house of wolves having just come out and the game being in its best state yet, i thought it would be a good time revive this shit. my thoughts: HoW seems pretty fantastic so far, though i haven't played it much because my internet is down and cant get on xbox to play. I DID manage to beat the HoW story and get my warlock to 33 via prison of elders. PoE is probably my favorite thing to happen to this game, its reasonably challenging and rewarding, even if you do the shitty 28 matchmade version. it's the perfect middle ground between strikes and raids; not something you can blow through like most strikes but doesnt require as intense team coorination as the raids

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
massive necrobump to see if anyone on here still plays this game. since the last post in this thread, the game has changed massively, there's nothing even in here about the dark below :/. with house of wolves having just come out and the game being in its best state yet, i thought it would be a good time revive this shit. my thoughts: HoW seems pretty fantastic so far, though i haven't played it much because my internet is down and cant get on xbox to play. I DID manage to beat the HoW story and get my warlock to 33 via prison of elders. PoE is probably my favorite thing to happen to this game, its reasonably challenging and rewarding, even if you do the shitty 28 matchmade version. it's the perfect middle ground between strikes and raids; not something you can blow through like most strikes but doesnt require as intense team coorination as the raids

I've been playing pretty consistently over the last year. Which console are you using.

As someone who took forever to like TDB, I immediately loved HoW. Got 60+ blue engrams, 5-8ish purple ones, and a few faction packages ready before it launched. Right now I'm waiting for researchers to figure out the best way to get Etheric Light. IK that it's a guaranteed drop from PoE 34, but I'm a 32 BD right now so I can't do that.

Sidenote, going into the boss fight for 34 PoE has honestly been my favorite moment in gaming in the past year, that moment when

spoiler

The Floor is Lava! All characters take damage by being on the ground, our party instantly wiped. We respawned, tried jumping on boxes, instantly wiped, tried jumping up and down, instantly wiped. If you're not 33+ I wouldn't recommend doing it with the Hunter's low airtime jumps, and even then you should probably bring a Bubble Titan/Sunsinger.

I've been playing pretty consistently over the last year. Which console are you using.
i can play on both xbox 360 and xbox one. if you're on xbox, my gamertag is Drizzle Kyogre. drop yours here and add me if you like.

as for etheric light and getting to 34, i've heard that the steps that are fastest for getting there are:

- ascend exotic armor, it takes an exotic shard instead of etheric light so you can do it right away. you are now 32.5

- do the nightfall and hope for etheric light to drop. apparently it is in the loot table so if you get lucky, it accelerates the process.

- finish prison of elders lv 32, and use the armor core that drops to buy gloves from variks which will get you to 33, or 33.5 if you already got an etheric light.

- attempt 34 PoE once you're 33, which will drop etheric light when you beat it. this will make you 33.5 if you didn't get etheric light from the nightfall and 34 if you did.

- if you didn't get any etheric light from the nightfall, you have to repeat the above steps on a second character and use the etheric light from lv 34 PoE on your first.

little note: i don't actually know if etheric light is obtainable from the NF yet since i haven't heard of anyone who has received any from it. i think i also heard somewhere that you can get it in trials of osiris which becomes available tomorrow if crucible is your thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)